Page 409 of 409 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 8175

Thread: The Official Independent Wrestling Discussion Thread

Re: The Official Independent Wrestling Discussion Thread

After being curious enough to watch Gage/Cardona, I can sum up the match easily if others choose to not bother to watch it. Cardona collects action figures and that's really lame, light tubes, a bunch of random interference. There you go. That's the match.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

In a match that I imagine very few people were asking for, EC3 will wrestle Adam Scherr aka Braun Strowman on his second Free The Narrative... PPV? Art film? Whichever?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSjDSVJ...dium=copy_link

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

That's certainly something.

Wrestling Revolver's return show will have American Wolves vs. Switchblade Conspiracy. That could be pretty rad.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Mike Bailey just won the IWS title last night at IWS Blood, Sweat and Beers. It was their return show after the pandemic stopped everything. They sold out all the tickets too. Company has tv deals across the country. Its pretty rad that i saw one of the earliest shows in 1999 at my college and to see where they are at now is rad to see.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Mike Bailey just won the IWS title last night at IWS Blood, Sweat and Beers. It was their return show after the pandemic stopped everything. They sold out all the tickets too. Company has tv deals across the country. Its pretty rad that i saw one of the earliest shows in 1999 at my college and to see where they are at now is rad to see.
    Ngl that's pretty cool both for the company the fans and wrestling as a whole.

World Champion

Status

Also last night, Jon Moxley answered Matt Cardona's open challenge for the GCW World Heavyweight Championship, beat him and then had another faceoff with Nick Gage. Their match is finally due to happen in October 9th in Atlantic City.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Glad to hear Speedball is still around doing good things

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Glad to hear Speedball is still around doing good things

Hes been part of IWS for the past few years. Veda Scott is also in IWS. I wish i took more initiative to go to their shows but family life has really affected doing outings. Everytime i run into IWS owner( which is rarer now) i feel terrible and that i might have to explain to him why i don't show more support.

Id love to support them more and i might start. They might be the biggest promotion in Canada.

World Champion

Status

From f4wonline:

Former WWE NXT wrestler and indie standout Jake Atlas announced on social media that he is stepping away from pro wrestling.

Atlas returned to action for Ring of Honor at Sunday's Death Before Dishonor against Taylor Rust and appeared to be injured or off in the match.

Atlas addressed the speculation and his immediate future in a series of tweets Tuesday:

"I’m not concussed or “banged up.” I simply just can’t keep going anymore. Take your mental health seriously, both for yourselves & for each other, because we only have one life to live. Thank you to anyone who did support me for 5 years. I didn’t do much, but what I did was fun.

I’m stepping away from wrestling completely right now so please don’t ask me to do interviews/appearances. I’d like my privacy to be respected. At 26 years old, I’ve got my entire life ahead of me & I’m choosing to explore completely different industries to find my passion again.

Unfortunately, it was unhealthy for me the entire time. I just learned how to hide it really well. I hope that friends & fans I’ve made alike continue to support me no matter what.

I have major anxiety just having done that, please be sensitive. Thank you."

Atlas (Kenny Marquez) did an extensive interview last week with Denise Salcedo where he went into detail about his experience in WWE NXT and that his mental health was the worst it had ever been the past two years. He discussed getting help through therapy and counseling through WWE.
    He was scheduled to work tapings Monday and Tuesday for Ring of Honor, but it's unknown if he appeared as planned.
    Well, I knew things weren't looking good at the end of his Ring of Honor match. Definitely sounds like he could very possibly be done with this thing as a whole. Unlike with someone like Lio Rush, I think Atlas could be serious.

World Champion

Status

Almost forgot to share this.

I know this isn't gonna tickle everyone's fancy, especially with the superfluous name drop, but I have to say that for me at least, this little teaser did increase my interest in this upcoming Free The Narrative project a little bit.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Almost forgot to share this.

I know this isn't gonna tickle everyone's fancy, especially with the superfluous name drop, but I have to say that for me at least, this little teaser did increase my interest in this upcoming Free The Narrative project a little bit.

I'm interested in watching it. EC really does his character well. I still have to watch the first episode. With production the way I saw it it really has a cool vibe and will definitely be able to hide a lot of Braun's flaw.

WAKE UP

Status

Fro anyone who is going to check out the Suzuki vs Homicide show, don't sleep on AJ Gray vs Yoya. Really fun rookie vs star match, Yoya really stepped up to AJ and Gray beat the tar out of him. It's only a matter of time before one of the bigger feds picks up Gray I think.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

World Champion

Status

I heard the Briscoes showed up in GCW last night. pretty cool.

WAKE UP

Status

Yeah they are gonna challenge Mance and Matthew Justice for the tag belts, probably at the Hammerstein Ballroom show they announced. On paper it sounds like an awesome match.

Though Mark hilariously fell off the turnbuckle when they were posing

WAKE UP

Status

Watched Moxley vs Gage. Mick Foley cutting a promo beforehand was awesome. The match itself was what you expect, nothing particularly memorable though. I wasn't following wrestling when CZW stopped being a thing and GCW took up the mantle, but even though GCW is much less toxic than the former was, I've found their in-ring offering to be not as good both for death-matches and the clean stuff.

Page 409 of 409 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409

Thread Information