Page 795 of 796 FirstFirst ... 295695745785793794795796 LastLast
Results 15,881 to 15,900 of 15906

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Role Model View Post
    Hey, so, totally random discussion point here -

As I know it sometimes does happen around these parts, to those of you who've made or plan to make threads about current-day WWE and you don't want to be arsed to go through the pandemic-type schedule and would rather pretend that this shit never happened, I made a spreadsheet recently of a touring schedule from March 2020-December 2021. Features real locations they had planned, plus my own little pathways.

If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know by either replying here, repping, or PMing. Just thought I'd bring that up, as it could be an option for anyone who wants it to be.
    You are a hero. Yes please that would be amazing

RIP Brodie Lee. You will be missed

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Hi Y'all

I am working on something new and won't be posting any time soon but I just have a question that would help me with the new project. Is it wrong to book people like Austin Theory since they were accused but haven't been convicted? Its a question of curiosity because like I don't know

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NamelessSavior View Post
    Hi Y'all

I am working on something new and won't be posting any time soon but I just have a question that would help me with the new project. Is it wrong to book people like Austin Theory since they were accused but haven't been convicted? Its a question of curiosity because like I don't know
    It is your call completely. I made a decision to ditch a few of the wrestlers accused when my thread started and depending on court cases they may never come back (aka Riddle) but it is 100% your call. It's whatever you feel comfortable with booking.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Hi Y'all

I don't have a problem with it. At one point I was plotting out a 2007 NWA project that would've featured Joey Ryan. Whatever you're happy with, is my advice

They/Them

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by roy mustang View Post
    It is your call completely. I made a decision to ditch a few of the wrestlers accused when my thread started and depending on court cases they may never come back (aka Riddle) but it is 100% your call. It's whatever you feel comfortable with booking.
    To be honest mate, it's totally up to you. You're never gonna please everyone either way. I personally wouldn't do it, cause I see it as putting them on a pedistal, but at the end of the day it's your thread and if you're okay with it, all the power to you it doesn't make you a bad person or a enabler or anything, after all it's just fan fiction after all

"Enough of this high & mighty bullshit, you're PISSING ME OFF!!!"
    Edgekechi
    TNA 2016: All The Fancy Tag Lines Were Taken.
    Sheffield United: Blades Against The Throat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    WWWCW!
    You joke.... but I'm a WCW stan and am always tempted to resurrect them as a brand in some way. ALWAYS. If i did, it would probably be converting Smackdown to a WCW-inspired brand. But I like your thought process lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ty2J View Post
    You could always have the third brand be Florida Championship Wrestling - effectively bring the developmental before NXT up as a show you can book with ready made title history and things like that.

You could also bring back any number of defunct WWF shows for it depending on how you want to run it. Have Bret Hart as the commissioner for Maple Leaf Wrestling and run shows across Canada, Super Astros with somebody like Rey Mysterio or a Guerrero as the GM running across Mexico, or just have it seem like an older territory with something like Tuesday Night Titans, All-Stars Wrestling, or even Saturday Morning Slam.
    I hadn't really thought of older shows. I'll have to take a look. Nice thought.

I do like using old territorial era companies that the WWE owns as "new" developmental companies.

Hi Y'all

Tough situation. Its much like booking someone past their death point or booking Chris Benoit.... there is no "right" way. As Chaddes and Roy have said, there is no right way. Its up to what you are comfortable with, and you can't please everyone. Any decision you make - not on this but in general - can turn off a potential reader. You want to accommodate your readers but you absolutely can't appease everyone and make everyone happy. Be selfish in this regard. If you want to book certain individuals, do it. You don't even really need to apologize for it or dance around the issue. This is fantasy booking - emphasis on the fantasy. if you want to pretend that a shitty person isn't that shitty (or at least ignore it), do it. Let's be honest - very few projects make Vince McMahon out to be as shitty of a human being as he can be. Similarly, if someone wants to book thru the past 18 months and pretend COVID never happened.... that's very fucking understandable.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Hi Y'all

Might be the wrong person to ask. I once mapped out a show that would've taken all the cancelled wrestlers and put them in the same promotion. The main event would've been Joey Ryan and Marty Scurll. The announcer would've been a total dick and gave them messed up introa. Like Joey would've been Joey never invite him to your wedding, he might bang your bride Ryan. And Marty would've had something like appearing at your local high schools looking for troubled girls with Daddy issues Marty it's cool in England Scurll.

But I never did anything with it. It was more a concept based on how do you ever bring these guys back and get away with it. You'd have to lean into it, give zero f*cks and be as offensive and controversial as possible.

But I never did anything with it.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Sorry about the double post, plotting out a Indy BTB. Was curious if anybody here knew who Bin Hamin was. I'm a fan, mainly through podcast. Was just curious how much awareness there was of him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Never heard of him myself.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by roy mustang View Post
    Never heard of him myself.
    Figured as much, He never had a national run. He was in OVW when it was still a developmental then he transitioned out to New York, Chicago, and Canadian Indies.

I know him because I listen to Russo brand and discovered him through the Raw and SmackDown review show. Him, Russo, and Stevie Richards break the shows down every week.

Not my type of character, as he does a middle eastern gimmick. And I feel the whole xenophobia thing is kinda passe.

But gonna give it a try.

Also first show might have a Low Ki/Fred Yehi match, that kinda excites me. We'll see #planningstages

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    United States

So I'm aiming to do a BTB from 2014 on, is it better to "start" a fictional fed where my roster contains anyone active that year, or start it at WWE and use that roster? Or does it even matter?

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OldJay View Post
    So I'm aiming to do a BTB from 2014 on, is it better to "start" a fictional fed where my roster contains anyone active that year, or start it at WWE and use that roster? Or does it even matter?
    Whatever works for you will work for you. If you make it, we will read it

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

I don't think I've ever, in the history of my fantasy booking/writing history, had a show banked. Granted it's because I've switched up my format but man it feels good. Now to resist the urge to just post it now...

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Yeah, bitch you can you wait at least a week! I'm up to HBK/Savage though!

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Underdog

Status

For those of you who read and were kind enough to tell me that you enjoyed reading Chain Reaction, can I ask what it is in particular you liked about the thread? Was it the monthly recap style and my writing or the backstage drama interwoven with on-screen storylines?

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TKOW View Post

For those of you who read and were kind enough to tell me that you enjoyed reading Chain Reaction, can I ask what it is in particular you liked about the thread? Was it the monthly recap style and my writing or the backstage drama interwoven with on-screen storylines?
    I think it goes to a mix of your overall writing and the backstage drama. I thought the inside of destruction happening behind the curtain made the overall shows more appealing to what could happen next.

Indy Talent

Status

Just to piggyback on what Rasky said - It was a mix of all the elements, combined with the extremely interesting time period and the way you broke them down in chapters with behind the scenes stuff. We’ve seen that point in time done in BTB’s hundreds of times, but it felt like you had a fresh take on it and explained it well. I take it this means it’s not coming back and you’re working on a new project that may be similar? Lol

TUFF

Status

I think the better question is what isn't there to like?

But yeah, the backstage drama stuff along with what actually happened on-screen is always a fun read. There's no BTB like it currently around, which makes it stand out even more. Not to mention that it was an easy read too. Bring it back!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    I think the better question is what isn't there to like?

But yeah, the backstage drama stuff along with what actually happened on-screen is always a fun read. There's no BTB like it currently around, which makes it stand out even more. Not to mention that it was an easy read too. Bring it back!
    Pretty much sums it up.

I enjoyed how the backstage parts played in well with the recaps. Have more context to the chaos that seemingly was taking place within the company.

All in all, as always, bring it back!!

Red n White Army!

Status
      Country                    England

A question for you all ...

Turning a babyface into a heel is a fairly easy concept. Have something shocking happen and bang, you've turned them in an instant.

But what about the other way round? How do you turn a heel into a babyface? I don't think that it's as easy a concept to achieve.

Been trying to think of ways to do it as I am stumped for something I'm looking to do. I'm trying to think of the best heel to face turns I can remember but they seem to be more organic in that it was more the fans turning them or a really slow build. One tried and trusted way would be for a heel to turn on his partner or to save another babyface but I find those harder to write, harder to justify/explain and feel that the reader can often see them coming a mile off.

So I'm throwing it out there to you guys. How do you go about turning a bad guy into a good guy in a believable manner?

>>> http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=176040 <<<

Page 795 of 796 FirstFirst ... 295695745785793794795796 LastLast

Thread Information