Page 794 of 795 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795 LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,880 of 15894

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

If I bring The Giant back before I end Fingerpoke, I think I'm going to have him show up and immediately turn heel, just because it's The Giant.

That's all. Just a random thought in my head today

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Better Call Tyrone

Status
      Country                    Canada

Zoom killed the discussion thread!~

Late March got kinda hectic with work/girlfriend time. Plus I had to get the idea of doing WCW June 1998 out of my system (3 hour Nitros put a quick end to that), buttt I'm all in on the current project yet again and writing up the Main Event pre-show/early parts of Fall Brawl. Really can't wait to write out a particular wrestlecrap moment on the PPV.

Loochy Zbearsko

Status
      Country                    Liechtenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronesaurus24 View Post
    Well... he used the word "Fingerpoke", so... of course.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

To be fair, I kill (at) everything.

p a r t t i m e r

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronesaurus24 View Post

Late March got kinda hectic with work/girlfriend time. Plus I had to get the idea of doing WCW June 1998 out of my system (3 hour Nitros put a quick end to that), buttt I'm all in on the current project yet again and writing up the Main Event pre-show/early parts of Fall Brawl. Really can't wait to write out a particular wrestlecrap moment on the PPV.
    Oooohhhh! Can’t wait to read that particular wrestlecrap moment!

Back to writing, after getting some much needed inspiration from Zoom - E and the Fingerpoke Of Doom thread. Activity seems to be down on the forum right now, but hoping we all rebound!

Hope everyone is staying safe!
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 04-12-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

This is a shameless shill, but reading my Savage promo from Nitro and this little excerpt has for some reason made me irrationally happy at how fucking crazy, stupid, and beautiful writing Randy Savage can be.

Randy Savage: What kind of maaan does that, Stinger huh!? What kind of maaan willingly teams up with the other maaan who just beat the maaan for the World Heavyweight Championship!? What kind of weak fool can happily do that, huh!? Just paint his face a different color, put on a smile, and everything’s peaches n’ cream, dig it! Well Sting, you can be the peaches, and The Macho Man will be the cream because we know that the cream… always rises to the top.

I'm done now. I just loved it and the awkward combinations in that little paragraph.

p a r t t i m e r

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    This is a shameless shill, but reading my Savage promo from Nitro and this little excerpt has for some reason made me irrationally happy at how fucking crazy, stupid, and beautiful writing Randy Savage can be.

Randy Savage: What kind of maaan does that, Stinger huh!? What kind of maaan willingly teams up with the other maaan who just beat the maaan for the World Heavyweight Championship!? What kind of weak fool can happily do that, huh!? Just paint his face a different color, put on a smile, and everything’s peaches n’ cream, dig it! Well Sting, you can be the peaches, and The Macho Man will be the cream because we know that the cream… always rises to the top.

I'm done now. I just loved it and the awkward combinations in that little paragraph.
    So, first.

As someone who has spent the last little while getting caught up on Zoom E’s WCW thread, that promo was good, but is only the tip of the greatness that thread has. Wrestling God Hogan, Ric fucking Flair, NWO, impeachment angles, people being drugged. Dudes great. Highly suggest the entire thread.

Second. The superstar releases today, and the underwhelming build from rumble to Mania / atrocious post RAW mania is really, really bothering me as I’m sitting here watching whatever this god awful reality show is my wife has on the tv right now.

Just looking at various moments that they fucked up over the past few months, there’s so many places that would be ideal for the start of a Booker...

Thinking out loud.
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 04-16-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

The preceding announcement has been paid for by the New Zoom Order

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Giving my mate a list of AEW matches to watch now he is getting into it and it's making me want to do an AEW thread when I get to Mania with my current one. That and Roman Reigns Head of the Table stuff has made me remember why I like wrestling

RIP Brodie Lee. You will be missed

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

I know activity is down and feedback is at an all time low since I've been here, but I really hope Stojy's Heatwave gets some more reading/feedback. If anyone deserves it given the wealth of feedback he dishes out constantly to damn near everyone in this section, it's him.

Underdog

Status

I'm still waiting for you, Wolfy.

Freshly Squeezed Royalty

Status
      Country                    United States

What's good, y'all?

Flatbush Zombies Present: Glorious Dead Pro-Wrestling
    Thread Live, Click Here

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I’m debating on doing a BTB down the line on either WWECW or TNA after the failed Bischoff/Hogan run. But I think it would be cool if someone came up with Rules/Guidelines I would have to follow in planning and running the project. I saw something similar in the TEW forum with peoples mods and think that could be interesting.

Waiting For Bookings

Status

That would be cool. I'd like to help.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I DMed you.

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    I know activity is down and feedback is at an all time low since I've been here, but I really hope Stojy's Heatwave gets some more reading/feedback. If anyone deserves it given the wealth of feedback he dishes out constantly to damn near everyone in this section, it's him.
    Seconding this. Just read it and it's so good

Status

Hey gents, this isn't a BTB question but it is a fantasy booking one so i figured it couldn't hurt to ask here. Basically, I'm toying around with a WWE game on the Yes Mod on TEW 2020. Starts in May 2013. WWE is in a pretty interesting spot IMO. the Yes movement is basically just getting underway. Cena beat The Rock at WM in the Rematch of the Century and is now feuding with Ryback over the belt. Dolph has the other belt and is feuding with Del Rio. Punk is with Heyman. Triple H is still feuding with Brock. The Shield is still undefeated but have yet to win their first WWE titles (happened in May). Fandango is hot after his WM with Jericho. AJ is feuding with Kaitlyn. The Wyatt family is still in NXT but being hyped on WWE TV. NXT is just getting into its "good" period, with Sammi Zayn, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, and Bayley all there.

But its not all rosy. Both the women's division and the tag division are kinda weak. A lot of the promotion's top talents skews kinda old. There is young talent in droves but they need to be built up.

The WWE Network is about a year away, although I could launch one early easily enough - the money is there. WWE has Raw, Smackdown, and Main Event on TV. Because of how TEW functions, NXT is set up as a standalone child company rather than a third brand. Which leaves me wanting to add a third brand proper to functional as a developmental brand. Ideally, talent would move from NXT to the third brand, then onto Raw or SD proper. I will probably try to differentiate Raw and SD, plus have a proper full brnad split, rather than the muddled mess WWE used at the time.

A temptation is to resurrect WWECW. I mean, I know what a sad bastardization it was of the real ECW... but it was also kinda fun to watch in the 2008-2010 period. But I'm trying to find other ideas for a third brand that would also have its own TV show. I've been going through random logos, because I would want a logo for the show (I can create a shitty one if need be).

I've toyed with WCW-related ideas but have to land on anything that resonates.

so I come looking for suggestions. It can be something that thematically fits for a third brand focused on development, or just be a random name. bonus points if it connects to wrestling history somehow but not at al necessary.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

WWWCW!
    Saus X W/L Record
    2/0/1

Crimson Knights W/L Record
    0/0/0

Currently Writing:
    WWE 2017
    31st Hunger Games

Freshly Squeezed Royalty

Status

You could always have the third brand be Florida Championship Wrestling - effectively bring the developmental before NXT up as a show you can book with ready made title history and things like that.

You could also bring back any number of defunct WWF shows for it depending on how you want to run it. Have Bret Hart as the commissioner for Maple Leaf Wrestling and run shows across Canada, Super Astros with somebody like Rey Mysterio or a Guerrero as the GM running across Mexico, or just have it seem like an older territory with something like Tuesday Night Titans, All-Stars Wrestling, or even Saturday Morning Slam.
    Last edited by Ty2J; 04-29-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Flatbush Zombies Present: Glorious Dead Pro-Wrestling
    Thread Live, Click Here

KNOW YOUR ROLE MODEL

Status

Hey, so, totally random discussion point here -

As I know it sometimes does happen around these parts, to those of you who've made or plan to make threads about current-day WWE and you don't want to be arsed to go through the pandemic-type schedule and would rather pretend that this shit never happened, I made a spreadsheet recently of a touring schedule from March 2020-December 2021. Features real locations they had planned, plus my own little pathways.

If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know by either replying here, repping, or PMing. Just thought I'd bring that up, as it could be an option for anyone who wants it to be.
    Last edited by Role Model; 04-30-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Page 794 of 795 FirstFirst ... 294694744784792793794795 LastLast

Thread Information