Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite on TBS - 19/1/22

Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: AEW Dynamite on TBS - 19/1/22

Highlight of the show for me was Mox, by far. Way, way too early for these types of discussions but I imagine it'll be somewhere on my shortlist of Moment of the Year. Just seeing him back and looking so great was wonderful to see. And the "Now I only drink blood" line was perfect.

Indy Talent

Status

Just got to watch the entire show this morning. One of the best Dynamites in a few weeks IMO. Loved Mox's return, and the mixed tag match was absolutely wonderful. Statlander and Baker have improved so much since AEW started. Darby running back in was predictable, but I still popped like a 10-year-old. Cody's promo was wonderfully executed. People can hate on him all they want, but he controllted that entire crowd. Overall, great show that has me looking forward to Rampage and next week.

WAKE UP

Status

Moxley promo was the clear highlight of the show, great return and you weren't sure where the line between Pro Wrestling Promo and real life was.

Main event was typically good fun as we've come to expect from the Darby/Sting team. Sting's dive was fucking RAD

Nothing says 'warm a guy up for a World Title match' like a long match with fodder Kazarian. I didn't pay much attention to the match itself but woof who thought that was a good booking move.

House Of Black debut was pretty whatever, not particularly impressive, but I could see PAC vs Black being a good match if that's next on the docket.

After Spear's hot promo on Rampage I was sort of hoping for a good match between him and Punk, but I'll take the surprise squash to move the angle along. If they are holding out on this until the next PPV, that's still a long way to go though.

Personally I thought the Cody promo was the drizzling shits. I am so over these rah rah rah AEW is great meta sermons. Also he was gone for like 2-3 weeks, did that really warrant an interim title to tide them over.

Jungle Express vs Gunn Clubb. Snooze. At least it gives JE another token win on the buckles.

World Champion

Status

I honestly kinda liked the Cody promo as well. Maybe somewhat ironically? I can't tell with him. The only thing I woulda cut out woulda been him saying he won't turn heel, because I just feel like actually saying that in a promo is pretty lame and took me out of the moment.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

They really need to agent these shows better. Running three of their biggest stars in Mox, Cole and Punk in their first three segments left a big gap in quality following them. Archer/Kaz especially was a big drag. Also, that timekeepers table is seemingly getting broken every week now.

Cody promo was okay, but if we're going with meta/shoot comments I prefer Caster's raps and he benefits more from it.

Mox promo was of course the highlight. Glad he looks so much healthier now.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Glad to see Mox is back and looking a hell of a lot healthier. I do wonder who his first feud back will be with though...plenty of options.

I'm with Dave on the order. That really hurt the overall show. It also had one too many squash matches for my liking too. I get why the did it with the matches, but four on one card isn't great (Yes i'm counting Archer/Kaz as a glorified squash).

Can we skip the long tease of the Varisity Blondes split please?

Andrade as majority owner of Matt Hardy's is filling me with dread but let's see how it plays out.

Sting doing that kind of bump at his age is credit to him, don't think he has too many moments left in him so good on him.

I'm in the park of semi enjoying Cody's promo too. He did well to not even play ball with the Rumble chants or the countless other heckles he got. Obviously he'll walk out of Beach Break as Champion so the story will carry on.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Scattered thoughts. Idk.

Mox looks years younger. Like he bathed in the fountain of youth. Great to have him back in the mix. Reckon we'll still get that Mox/Page feud that was teased before going into rehab, albeit with a slightly different tone?

The fact that Shawn Spears, World's Best Accountabillibuddy, got murk'd in like ten seconds while Frankie Kazarian being squashed by Lance Archer for what felt like forever feels wack. Bit of an imblance there, but I guess it added a more focus to MJF/Punk than last week's Punk/Wardlow match. Still, though. Frankie's kinda... Eh.

I feel like Christian hasn't wrestled in a fair bit. Did Jurassic Express kick Marko Stunt to the curb and get Christian as a new manager instead?

Britt Baker went through a bunch of hardcore matches and made her name off of that Light's Out match with Thunder Rosa but yeah sure a quick table bump and everyone's making concerned faces. Lul. Sure. This Elite/Best Friends feud is so one-sided it hurts. Cole vs OC, Lights Out, should be a banger and a half, and a good way to give OC/Friends a definite win while it doesn't technically count against Cole's record (if you really put that much stock into that sort of thing)

I got a kick out of Trent? awkwardly being the only guy to even consider being nice to Brandon Cutler. Be nice to your underlings and henchmen, my guys.

Dan Lambert in two segments is major ick and I don't know why he keeps getting screen time. Lance Archer already has Jake Roberts. Men Of The Year are borderline fast forward material and Lambert is doing the opposite of helping that.

Matt Sydal taking Dante Martin back after Lio Rush stole him from him in the first place is a neat touch. Plus, Lee Moriaty! Dunno what's up with Lio but Sydal's a good fit either way.

That Cody promo was... a rambling mess of ideas that... Kinda worked? I think? I don't know, I think I actually enjoyed it, and I'm not entirely certain why.

Dug the main event. Acclaimed keep getting a little bit better every match, I feel.

Pretty alright show. Highlight was the Mox speech, gave me chills. Love having him back.

Spoiler:

A lone Wolf

Status

That Cody promo did a great job of getting me pumped for the Cody vs Cornette Ladder Match.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information