Thread: NJPW New Years Golden Series 2022

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW New Years Golden Series 2022

ezgif-2-ed47614705.jpg

NJPW New Years Golden Series 2022 - Day 18 - 19/02/2022
    Kosei Fujita, Master Wato, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuto Nakashima vs. Suzuki-gun (DOUKI, El Desperado, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Ryohei Oiwa & Toru Yano vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & YOH) vs. House Of Torture (Dick Togo & SHO)

Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)

TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima), Kazuchika Okada & Yuji Nagata vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match: Flying Tiger (Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask) (c) vs. BULLET CLUB's Cutest Tag Team (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori)

IWGP Tag Team Title Match: CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) (c) vs. House Of Torture (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi)

IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. SANADA

-

NJPW New Years Golden Series 2022 - Day 19 - 20/02/2022
    Kosei Fujita, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Flying Tiger (Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask) & Yuto Nakashima vs. BULLET CLUB (El Phantasmo, Jado & Taiji Ishimori)

Ryohei Oiwa & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Suzuki-gun (DOUKI & Taichi)

TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb)

Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma), Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yuji Nagata vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Shingo Takagi)

NJPW King Of Pro-Wrestling Title Match: Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Toru Yano

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Title Match: House Of Torture (EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) (c) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI)

IWGP World Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

-
    Misc Matches
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: El Desperado (c) vs. Master Wato - Day 13 - 11/02/2022

NEVER Openweight Title Lumberjack Match: EVIL (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii - Day 14 - 13/02/2022

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) - Day 14 - 13/02/2022

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Re: NJPW New Years Golden Series 2022

Yano Vs Suzuki and Okada Vs Naito. This could be a show from 8 years ago.

I miss fantasticamania, used to give us something fresh to watch after WK.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Japan

I wish more people gave Fantasticamania a chance. They had good matches.

This tour looks absolutely putrid. You could make the case it's the worst tour and set of title matches in NJPW history.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

SANADA vs Tanahashi and Naito vs Okada are good matches but they are just tiresome. The rest are flat out unappealing. The need for fresh blood is critical.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Finished watyching yesterday's show and I thought it was fine. Matches like SHO vs YOH seemed to be hated by the general fanbase but I thought that it was the best of the singles matches. Matches of House Of Torture are usually better when you take a break from them. I still thought that they can do better, with them having a little trouble really connecting the crowd with the story they were trying to sell. The main event was another solid but unspectacular match. Wato has gotten better offensively but still has very little charisma. Desperado is a fine champion as well. They worked hard and had some quality moments revolving around Despy's submission holds. I'm sort of glad that New Japan are using the Junior Division a bit more in these C-level shows but there is a real lack of star power involved.

EVIL vs Ishii is tomorrow in a Lumberjack match! How exciting. SANADA/Naito vs Okada/Tanahashi are in the main event though, so I expect a little better than the usual tag matches on the tour.

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Watched today's show, was pleasantly surprised in all honesty. I can't believe I actually enjoyed Yano/Suzuki as much as I did.

Okada/Naito was a good match - looks like theyre trying to go shorter for these matches now.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Watched Okada/Naito and it was fine but again would have worked better as a JIP at the 15 minute mark as they did nothing interesting at the start as per usual. I'll give Naito credit, he was actually trying and put a bit more aggression into his performance and was getting a bit more of a reaction out of the clap crowds than we're used to. Okada brought his typical clock in clock out performance, adding nothing different to the match regardless of opponent or situation. He truly is the most overrated wrestler of his generation.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Surprisingly, I didn't really care for it either. The closing stretch was good with the Stardust Press nearfall and the urgency to finish the match quickly was all really good but the rest quite frankly bored me. I appreciate Naito's effort but a lot of his bigger spots weren't that well weaved into the match, in a natural way anyway. Okada's performance was perfectly ordinary. It was a Naito driven match with Okada being a helping partner really. Although a shorter version of this match is appreciated, they could've done with shortening the tedious grappling more than the high spots. I'm not sure this was even better than SANADA vs Tanahashi from the night prior.

Thread Information