Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moon Knight (2022)

TUFF

Status

Moon Knight (2022)

I can't find the thread for this or maybe there wasn't one. If there was, my apologies. Feel free to merge the two. But anyway, we got the first trailer of it during halftime in the Rams/Cardinals game.

I have no knowledge of this character but the show seems to be a mind bender. If so, I'm all for it. Oscar Isaac will star as Moon Knight and dude's just gold in almost everything he touches. I'm looking forward to watching this show as soon as it drops on Disney+. And when does it drop? March 30th.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Moon Knight (2022)

I know little to nothing about the character, but like you said, this trailer suggests that this is going to be another mind-fuck along the lines of Wanda-Vision, Loki, No Way Home and to a larger degree (I expect) The Multiverse of Madness. Oscar Isaac is a great actor so I'm sure he'll knock this one out of the park. Looks like a very interesting series that will focus a lot on the origins of the character. That's fine with me as it's an unfamiliar and fresh character to anyone who's not a die-hard Marvel fan.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I know little to nothing about the character, but like you said, this trailer suggests that this is going to be another mind-fuck along the lines of Wanda-Vision, Loki, No Way Home and to a larger degree (I expect) The Multiverse of Madness. Oscar Isaac is a great actor so I'm sure he'll knock this one out of the park. Looks like a very interesting series that will focus a lot on the origins of the character. That's fine with me as it's an unfamiliar and fresh character to anyone who's not a die-hard Marvel fan.
    It shouldnt have anything to do with multiverse stuff as Marc Spector is suffering from personality disorders.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    It shouldnt have anything to do with multiverse stuff as Marc Spector is suffering from personality disorders.
    I wasn't suggesting that it would have anything to do with the multiverse, I was comparing how mind-bending the multiverse stuff has been and will be in the media we've had that concept in so far to how mind-bending (in a different way) this will seemingly be.

World Champion

Status

I wasn't suggesting that it would have anything to do with the multiverse, I was comparing how mind-bending the multiverse stuff has been and will be in the media we've had that concept in so far to how mind-bending (in a different way) this will seemingly be.
    ahh gotcha.

I hope its a good show. i wasnt that impressed with hawkeye or falcon and the winter soldier. Wanda vision was super good. loki was in the middle for me.

ive enjoyed the moon knight comics ive read but hes a street level hero. his villains arent that crazy either.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-18-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Internet Favorite

Status

ahh gotcha.

I hope its a good show. i wasnt that impressed with hawkeye or falcon and the winter soldier. Wanda vision was super good. loki was in the middle for me.

ive enjoyed the moon knight comics ive read but hes a street level hero. his villains arent that crazy either.
    Seeing a street level hero would be great I think. That was part of the charm with the Netflix Marvel TV shows. The more grounded, localised approach they did with Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Jessica Jones and certainly Luke Cage was excellent IMO. Would be great to see another series on that level again, and if Mon Knight gives us that then I'm all for it.

I'm aware that they've announced that the character will cross over into other upcoming projects, including movies, too which is cool.

World Champion

Status

Seeing a street level hero would be great I think. That was part of the charm with the Netflix Marvel TV shows. The more grounded, localised approach they did with Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, Jessica Jones and certainly Luke Cage was excellent IMO. Would be great to see another series on that level again, and if Mon Knight gives us that then I'm all for it.

I'm aware that they've announced that the character will cross over into other upcoming projects, including movies, too which is cool.
    Yeah i know you re right. It wasnt a knock on street level hereos. I' m just tired of waiting for Fantastic Four. i need them facing a real representation of Galactus sooner than later.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah i know you re right. It wasnt a knock on street level hereos. I' m just tired of waiting for Fantastic Four. i need them facing a real representation of Galactus sooner than later.
    You mean you didn’t like whatever the hell that thing was supposed to be in Rise of the Silver Surfer? Seriously. Is it that much to ask to get a proper Coming of Galactus story?

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You mean you didn’t like whatever the hell that thing was supposed to be in Rise of the Silver Surfer? Seriously. Is it that much to ask to get a proper Coming of Galactus story?
    That huge ball of light lol Fuck that was bad.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

That huge ball of light lol Fuck that was bad.
    It was so fucking stupid. Why even bother using the Surfer if you’re not going to do Galactus as well? Christ, I would have been alright with them using Mole Man or Puppet Master if they needed a villain.

I was about to suggest they did a Namor story but I see that he’s going to be in the new Black Panther movie so I guess that’s how they’re going to introduce him.

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

Puppet Master would of been a great pick. They could of used Alicia Masters in it as well.

I had no idea Namor was coming. I wonder if they are going to say hes a mutant( apparently he is considered one now)

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Puppet Master would of been a great pick. They could of used Alicia Masters in it as well.

I had no idea Namor was coming. I wonder if they are going to say hes a mutant( apparently he is considered one now)
    I just heard it the other day and meant to post about it. I don’t know if they’ll go the mutant route but I’d hope not. X-Men aren’t in the MCU so it’s not like they need to make that connection.

​​​

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I just heard it the other day and meant to post about it. I don’t know if they’ll go the mutant route but I’d hope not. X-Men aren’t in the MCU so it’s not like they need to make that connection.
    Either way im happy hes coming. I like Namor. Still waiting for Susan Storm to leave Richards for him lol

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Either way im happy hes coming. I like Namor. Still waiting for Susan Storm to leave Richards for him lol
    Same here. I’ve always been a fan of the character. That Namor in love with Sue thing has been going on since FF #4.

​​​

AVGVSTVS DE WC

Status
      Country                    Norway

Holy shit, the actor for Midnight Man, Gaspard Ulliel, has passed away at age 37 from a skiing accident.

Terrible, terrible news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

That’s a shame. Have always remembered him from this brilliant segment of Paris, Je T’aime:

Internet Favorite

Status

Wow that's tragic, really shocking news. Hopefully his apperance in Moon Knight will provide a decent send off, though I think he also has one more posthumous role in a film coming out this year.

Curtain Jerker

Status

As someone who grew up reading MoonKnight comics religiously, I'm very excited for the show, and hope it's as entertaining as the first trailer was.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

First ep was a decent start. Appreciate the lack of ties to existing stories, but feel like it's not as dark as the trailer made me believe. Happy to stick with it though.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Just finished the 2nd episode. The show rules. i tried watching it with my kids but it was too scary for them. This episode killed the first one. cant wait for next week
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information