Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite on TNT - 12/01/2021

WAKE UP

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite on TNT - 12/01/2021

Jade vs Ruby - Britt's crew cost Rosa leading to them having a match, Ruby puts a shine on Jade in her big match

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Can't see Jade's first loss coming in a semi final. Yet, her versus Ruby or Nyla doesn't fill me with enthusiasm either.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Putting Butts in Seats

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, I think the title is going on Jade because I think they are keeping her undefeated, so I'm thinking a Jade/Soho finals. I like the idea of Britt's crew causing Rosa to win so Rosa can get back into the main title picture.

All. Elite. Wrestling: Now Playing in the BTB Section

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I think the main event perfectly encapsulates Cody Rhodes. Despite himself, he does all these cool things, like lighting a table on fire, but the moment is so ill timed. Why here of all places? It's still a flaming table though so I can't hate it, no matter how much I try.

Punk vs Moriarty was okay. Moriarty can do much better as so can Punk. More technically driven matches is a plus but there were too many twists and turns that led to very little.

Bryan vs Angles is a better example of what Punk should be doing. Quick short matches that showcase the opponent but makes the veteran look strong. Something Punk doesn't always come across as.

Thought MJF and Punk took a backward step in their promo exchange. Everything that was worth saying wa said last week and everything felt either juvenile or a retread. That's the down side of these types of promos.

Page was a dud on commentary. He offered me nothing, no entertainment value whatsoever. The crowd is still into him but he's been a bit bit of a lame duck as champion in my eyes.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Agreed with EC on the I’ll-timing of Cody. Wouldn’t a flaming table spot not have been more warranted in like the 3rd Cody/Black match and the storyline they were telling rather than his first match with Andrade?
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

[be more kind]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post

Bryan vs Angles is a better example of what Punk should be doing. Quick short matches that showcase the opponent but makes the veteran look strong. Something Punk doesn't always come across as.
    I believe that's the point though. Massive difference between the two, Danielson is a legit best in the worlder whilst Punk is the old gunslinger back after 7+ years trying to prove he can still hang.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Timing was solely because he was in his home city of Atlanta and is desperate to get cheered.

World Champion

Status

Also, it should be blatantly obvious that they are doing a "Punk is slowly trying to prove to himself that he still has it" story.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Man I fucking love Danielson. He's worked this so well and the crowd booing him and cheering Hangman is testament to how well AEW have built him up. Can't wait for next week.

Punk is getting less and less gassed early on and is really starting to get back to it (much like Christian did) and I'm still pretty high on Punk/MJF. The promo this week was never going to hit the heights of last week but the line about Punk wanting in Britt Bakers pants was pretty good (and probably stirring people to thinking Punk has actually tried).

I enjoyed Cody/Andrade but the table spot, whilst a cool spot, wasn't really appropriate for this match. If you're gonna do it, do it to Black and fuck his other eye up in the process or something, not Andrade.

Comeback King

Status

The Cody/Andrade match was just so weird and out of nowhere and the finish was so odd as well. The fire spot felt like a desperate attempt to get home over as a babyface once and for all and it just isn't going to happen. They need to turn Cody and get on with it as I worry it is turning people off.

CM Punk is getting better and better in the ring and I think MJF is the perfect man for him to show he still has it on the stick as well. A great feud and thought this week followed up last week well.

Agree that Danielson is just so, so good right now. My only concern is that if this is just a heel turn for this feud he is going so far with it I don't think you can turn him straight back. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now though.

Ruby Soho looked good but still think Jade is winning this tournament and Thunder Rosa moves on to feud with Britt Baker.

Solid if not spectacular episode.
    WWE: The New Vision| Former BTB Overlord | Order's Interviews

BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

Underdog

Status

Time for Gilo’s 100% sober review of the show. Strap in.

Bryan wrecking jobbers to open up is fun. I enjoyed the Hangman/Bryan teases, although Hangman’s lack of charisma is worrying going forward considering he’s the World Champ.

Punk/Moriarty was boring as flip. Punk struggling to put Lee Moriarty away on TV (and QT the week previous) when he’s beaten much bigger names in Darby and Kingston on PPV (and looked good against them in the process in my opinion) does not compute for me. He’s arguably your biggest star Tone, start treating him as such and save his matches for PPV or big TV shows. The post match with MJF was whatever.

I can’t remember what happened after this (which says it all really) until Statlander/Ruby, which was a decent outing and better than I was expecting. Statlander has some impressive stuff in her arsenal, with some refinement she’s got some potential to be really good. This was Ruby’s best outing for me so far, though I remain unconvinced about her in ring ability going forward. I’m calling Britt and co to cost Thunder Rosa her match to set up a world title match where Rosa takes the belt (hopefully).

No Serena Deeb again. Boooooo.

My main takeaway from the main event is that I really like Andrade’s entrance music. Probably my favourite in the company. Shame the table spot went horribly wrong. Cody definitely took the brunt of that and still got the pin. A babyface move if ever I’ve seen one.

As you can tell I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Time to go as the cat is trying to eat my Duck Fried Rice, the bastard.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Was an ok show, but for sure nothing was must see.

Bryan rolling through the Dark Order guys continues to be a lot of fun. Was hoping we'd get Bryan Vs Stu but we might be running out of time to do that with the title match 2 weeks away.

I was disappointed by Punk/Moriarty, was pretty dull for the most part but the finish was great. At this point I'm convinced MJF can't cut a promo without making a drug abuse joke.

Sting and Darby Allin for tag team of the year. They continue to be a blast together in these matches with the big Sting hot tag. Billy Gunn has proven to be a decent big man in this mini feud with Darby, but I'm not sure I want to see him anymore on Dynamite.

Ruby/Kris wasn't as good as Thunder/Jaime but another good match in this tournament, 3 in a row on Dynamite now. I share Gilo's concerns with Ruby's in-ring work, she's a bit slow at times in her execution. Expecting Ruby to beat Nyla and Jade to beat Rosa.

Andrade/Cody was fine outside of the table spot and Cody yet again doing shots at Triple H.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Some of my favorite barbs from MJF so far have been about Punk looking strung out so I condone it.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

I think it’s just cause it’s come hot on the heels of drug jibes against Brian Pilman Jr and Darby that it feels a bit overdone.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information