Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - November 29, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - November 29, 2021

WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW PREVIEW
    NOVEMBER 29, 2021

WWE CHAMPION BIG E SET TO SQUARE OFF WITH KEVIN OWENS
    After successfully defending his WWE Championship against Austin Theory, Big E now turns his attention to the deceitful Kevin Owens.

KO has plenty to answer for after becoming the villain everyone thinks he is. Owens has been harassing the WWE Champion after taking advantage of Seth Rollins' interference to pin The Powerhouse of Positivity, unleashing a brutal surprise attack on Big E the following week.

Now Big E finally gets a chance to settle the score.

Don’t miss a minute of the action tonight on Raw at 8/7 C on USA!

DAMIAN PRIEST DEFENDS UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST APOLLO CREWS
    Apollo Crews has vowed to show the entire world that Damian Priest is not fit to be the United States Champion, and tonight he will try to make good on his threat as the two go one-on-one for the stars-and-stripes title.

Crews has hounded The Archer of Infamy since being drafted to Monday Night Raw, with his sights set squarely on Priest’s U.S. Championship. So far “The Nigerian Warrior” has been all talk, avoiding Priest’s open challenges until Crews himself decided it was the right time.

Meanwhile, Priest has laid waste to the competition as of late, displaying a new aggressiveness that has him decimating his opponents once they trigger his dark side.

Will the WWE Universe witness the destructive side of Priest, or will Crews overthrow The Archer of Infamy and become the new United States Champion? Tune in to Monday Night Raw tonight at 8/7 C on USA to find out!

RK-BRO BATTLE THE DIRTY DAWGS IN A RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    To say that RK-Bro have been operating as one these days would be an understatement.

Not only were the Raw Tag Team Champions in sync at Survivor Series when they defeated SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos, but last week, Riddle decided to take Randy Orton’s advice to the next level and literally embody The Viper for this matchup against Dolph Ziggler.

The Original Bro pulled off Orton’s entrance from the music to his ring walk and then went on to hit the RKO on The Showoff for the win. For his part, The Viper paid tribute right back by busting out a wicked Bro Derek on Robert Roode.

Not to be outdone, The Dirty Dawgs are now looking to come back stronger than ever in search of tag team gold and a bit of payback. Can the former Raw and SmackDown Tag Team Champions conquer the dominant titleholders? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA.

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - November 29, 2021

I think this was a very solid episode. The Edge/Miz promo was great and everything else was from good to decent.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I'll admit to not being enthused to see Miz had returned initially. Even as a huge fan of the guy I can admit like 95% of what he's done in recent years has been unwatchable, his 2021 has been particularly dreadful...even though he unfathomably became World Champ again when he was the least over and least credible he's been in forever.

But after watching it I was pleasantly surprised. Maryse is back with him and last time she was there he went on the best run of his career. And this promo, and this Miz was a more serious Miz again, finally. Though I will admit to being worried he was actually going to dance at the end there...

Was a great promo though, fantastic job by both guys. I'm all for a feud between them as its two guys who excel at promos, and working their gimmicks. We don't get many feuds between two people who can actually cut a good promo thesedays. Though I cant envision a World where Miz has any chance of winning.

The rest of the show was pretty good all round it seems. Liv/Becky stuff was good enough, though Beckys attempts at heel work are pretty underwhelming. Seems like all she does is put on silly clothes...and that's about as far as her heel work goes. Rollins does the same thing. Though I still cant get behind Big E as Champ. He's got the same issue that Kofi had where he still feels like a midcarder feuding with other midcarders over the World Title. He needs to work with someone like AJ Styles rather than Rollins who is god awful and Owens who just hasn't been relevant in so long that its hard to take him seriously in this spot.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I guess Owens has been added to the title match so that he can take the fall. Weird that they're pushing him again right as his contract is ending.

While it's not what anyone would call a dream feud, Edge having a short program with Miz will actually be a refreshing change of pace from every Edge feud so far in this run being an OTT serious imma kill you feud. I'm sure Maryse coming back is just to bring Beth into the program too, but it's decent filler to get through to, I assume, Edge Vs Big E maybe at the Rumble.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

World Champion

Status

Pushing someone in a title program/offering them a belt when they're close to leaving is a pretty well established play for WWE, I'm not surprised at all by the suddenly renewed push of Owens.

Demon on the Loose

Status
      Country                    Greece

So Kevin Owens comes out and the nameplate during the entrance reads: "Speaks fluent French & English" Because being a former Universal and Intercontinental Champion is not that big of a deal anyway.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

As EC says, pushing a talent when they're close to contracxt expiry is a classic WWE play. They did the exact same with Cesaro. Heis contract was coming up, fans had been clamoring to see him in the main event for so long and then suddenly he gets that push. As soon as he signed he was almost instantly de-pushed and look where he is now; virtually irrelevant.
    I don't see any scenario where Owens could possibly even consider resigning at this point. He just has so many friends in AEW and the company suits him much better in terms of how its run and how it uses its talent. I'll be nothing short of amazed if he does end up staying in WWE.

I'm looking forward to Edge vs Miz. It's fresh and it's different to the usual MO of how WWE utilise their top legends by usually confining them to working with the very top talents. They'd never have had Undertaker, Goldberg, Brock or HHH working a program with a midcarder. It's nice to see that they're putting Edge away from the title for now and against a guy who's in the midcard. The promos will no doubt be fun and there's definitely scope for Beth Phoenix to come back on screen to counter Maryse (they have plenty of history).

I think Liv Morgan did well in her exchange with Becky. Morgan's really stepping up her game and while I think there's little chance she wins the title (at this time of asking anyway) I do think that they're putting her in a position where she can definitely contend for the title regulary going forward, which will be great as WWE need fresh faces as legit title contenders in the womens division.

World Champion

Status

Someone has already forgotten the legendary Goldberg/Ziggler feud of 2019. For shame.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't see any scenario where Owens could possibly even consider resigning at this point. He just has so many friends in AEW and the company suits him much better in terms of how its run and how it uses its talent. I'll be nothing short of amazed if he does end up staying in WWE.
    How about the old “more money” one?

Tbh, though I’ve always liked Steen/Owens, I can admit that he’s just about run his course in WWE. If he goes to AEW, it’ll be a welcome change of scenery for him and perhaps that’s for the best.

However, I’d also be cool with him signing a new deal, if only to shut up the “wrestler x is SO unhappy in WWE just look at his face I can’t wait to see him sign with AEW where he won’t be mistreated” crowd.

Thought the Miz/Edge promo was easily the highlight of the show, and I’m totally down for a quick program between the two. I also enjoyed “blind” AJ Styles and the ensuing commentary during the Street Profits/AA match. The Vince/Austin (feels weird typing that) was hilarious as well. Vince remains one of the best characters in the business.

”The New and Improved AstraPfizer Bunny”

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Someone has already forgotten the legendary Goldberg/Ziggler feud of 2019. For shame.
    I do remember that, but was that a feud? I seem to remember Goldberg just saying "YOU'RE NEXT!" to Ziggler one show before the ppv (think it was a Saudi show?) then he squashed him at the ppv and that was it. So I wasn't really counting that to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    How about the old “more money” one?

Tbh, though I’ve always liked Steen/Owens, I can admit that he’s just about run his course in WWE. If he goes to AEW, it’ll be a welcome change of scenery for him and perhaps that’s for the best.

However, I’d also be cool with him signing a new deal, if only to shut up the “wrestler x is SO unhappy in WWE just look at his face I can’t wait to see him sign with AEW where he won’t be mistreated” crowd.
    Didn't they try that play with Adam Cole? And no doubt with Daniel Bryan too. Didn't work with those guys because both have been smart with their money over the years. They've made their 'WWE money' and were perfectly comfortable going to AEW (where there is also very good money on offer on the table).
    Owens strikes me as the type that's been smart with his money too and he's been in WWE for over 7 years now, 6 of those spent as a full time main roster member, so I'm sure he's made his fill of 'WWE money' to be content.

He just looks so checked out in WWE these days, bored almost, as if he's resigned to the fact that he's never going to be pushed as a proper main event talent. He's 37 so he's approaching his peak and I imagine he wants to perhaps be treated as the top star he is for a while before he calls it quits. I'm sure that the door would be open for him to return to WWE down the road if he was to leave. Much like how Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan parted ways amicably with the door left open for them to return.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - November 29, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Didn't they try that play with Adam Cole? And no doubt with Daniel Bryan too. Didn't work with those guys because both have been smart with their money over the years. They've made their 'WWE money' and were perfectly comfortable going to AEW (where there is also very good money on offer on the table).
    Owens strikes me as the type that's been smart with his money too and he's been in WWE for over 7 years now, 6 of those spent as a full time main roster member, so I'm sure he's made his fill of 'WWE money' to be content.

He just looks so checked out in WWE these days, bored almost, as if he's resigned to the fact that he's never going to be pushed as a proper main event talent. He's 37 so he's approaching his peak and I imagine he wants to perhaps be treated as the top star he is for a while before he calls it quits. I'm sure that the door would be open for him to return to WWE down the road if he was to leave. Much like how Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan parted ways amicably with the door left open for them to return.
    Did they? It’s not like anyone actually knows how much money WWE offered Cole since it’s not public record. The only thing anyone seems to know about his situation is that he maybe was told he was going to be Keith Lee’s manager, but even that’s up for debate. Regardless, without any financial information, it’s impossible to say what the contract offers amounted to. I’m willing to bet he got a lot of money from TK, so good for him.

Meanwhile, Bryan is literally quoted in an article from the past week saying that he was worried about money when he was let go from WWE the first time, as he’d just bought a new car. That doesn’t sound like a financial whiz to me, though I’ll grant that he obviously made a lot more in his subsequent run. His situation is also unique, as WWE offered him not only money, but also a chance to work outside the company, and he left anyways. No amount of money in the world was going to keep him there, so I don’t think it holds the same weight as it would with Owens.

Just some food for thought. As I said yesterday, I’m happy with whatever he decides. I will say that your second paragraph is a wonderful summation of the comments I see some people make around the internet, so kudos for that.

”The New and Improved AstraPfizer Bunny”
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 12-01-2021 at 08:45 AM.

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

In an era of, ahem, "budget cuts", I wonder if WWE have their limits on what they'd pay to keep a Kevin Owens if it turns into a bidding war. If you're happy to release your Brauns and your Brays, are you that desperate to hold onto another guy like that floating around the world title challenger/mid card level?

I see Cole as his own situation too. The guy is barely 6 ft, was passed over for callups for a number of years and has top star potential. I can't say I believe the Keith Lee manager story, but I think he saw his future prospects being brighter in AEW over WWE, which I'd agree with.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Thread Information