Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Football Manager 2022 Thread

Status

Re: Football Manager 2022 Thread

The summer window in Europe is opening soon. Starting to get some offers. West Brom offered around 4m for Cruz Komar, a pretty good Argie defender who isn't quite first choice at this point. Willing to sell him but want a bit more than that. Almost hoping that Ferreyra the Elder goes as well. We're bleeding money so that's a big factor in hoping for some sales. That and giving some of the younger players time as well.

Falcao broke the 20 goal mark so he has 21 in 19 league matches. 7.91 average rating. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Di Maria is averaging 7.5 playing as a box to box. A guy who is a winger is killing as a box to box central mid. When I signed him, I thought he would taking over the MC-A spot but he did so well at box to box that I've just run with it.

So while its nice that we've loaded up some pretty nice prospects in teh first two youth intakes, we haven't been able to poach any nice newgens from other Argentine clubs. Once we start selling these more valuable players, that's going to become necessary. But so far, they won't join on compensation. Which is too bad - Belgrano has a wonderful 5'9" center back that my scouts rate at 5 stars. Want him so much.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

And the first wonderkid goes.

Alejo Veliz to Monterrey for 12.5m.

Not bad business. Probably smart business. Veliz is a 19 year old, 6'2" Argentine striker. Wonderkid in terms of potential, not lable. Big appeal is 4+1 star potential. He's a bit of a weird player. Weird in a way that you see in young real players, especially in South America. Basically you see some weirdly unbalanced players where either they have a few skills filled in, which use up quite a bit of the CA if they are good in those skills, so the other skills are all low or all over the place, or they have nothing filled in so the game fully randomizes their attributes and that sometimes ends up wonky. In the case Veliz, he has a few high starting skills in every save - Finishing and Heading are both 15. In this save, his Technique, Touch, and Off the Ball are all pretty decent. But he's not really physical at all for a big kid - 11 Pace and 9 Strength off the start. He's not really a fit at all for either striker role, but he's been my #3 this season, basically rotating into the AF spot with Martinez Dupay. Despite not being that suited, he's got 20 goals in 40 matches in his time year. Martinez Dupay is 3 years old and much more rounded in his development, so I expected him to be go first, making Veliz my first choice at AF.

Monterrey offered 6m up front, 2m structured and 40% sell-on clause. Player wasn't interested in talking to them so I asked for 10m up front, plus the rest. Monterrey accepted so I expected the player to say no. He didn't.

Shit timing. Dupay was on international duty with Mexico for the Copa America. So was starting some kids beside Falcao in the meantime, and one of those kids was waiting to accept a loan offer. Martinez Dupay came back, asked for a new contract, which I could afford to give him. Then he scored a hattrick in the next league match. So I guess we are okay lol

If I could have kept Veliz for another year, he could have been worth 15-20m. But European clubs that can offer that kind of money don't seem inclined to make decent offers. I'm not expecting that he would have developed into an ideal player, and we have several 4/5 star prospects, so I'll happily take the money for the moment.

Got an offer from Southampton for my young RB. 1.1m locked. For a player worth 4.9 to 7.4m. Fucking shitheads.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Wasn't quite an avalanche of the wonderkids heading for the door, but we made a killing.

Alejo Veliz - Monterrey for 12.25m
    Carlos Vivas - Anderlecht for 11m
    Juan Cruz Komar - Sassuolo for 9m

Got a bit more from Veliz than i realized. We have nice depth at CB and not everyone was getting enough time. I had also signed a 4/5 star Paraguayan CB newgen and couldn't register him yet because we are maxed out on foreign players.

Vivas was upset about playing time and I promised more. He was happy with the increase until the promise was up, and then he decided he wasn't. So I told him I would sell him. This was just after I got 2 offers of around 10m for him - West Brom and Southampton. Accepted both but he rejected both contracts. I offered him out after the broken promise meeting, and got a few bids of around 10-11m. He went to Belgium. Good player with some potential to get better, but was a 400K bargain buy that I was always going to look to sell on for big money.

Komar is our captain but kept getting annoyed at stuff. Was probably on the cusp of complaining about playing time. He was good for the level but not going to get any better. And when Sassuolo made a decent offer - around 6m - and I asked for 9m and they said yes. Bye Juan.

So we now have much less defensive depth, but a few of the younger defenders will get more time.

Now well into September so the summer window is over. We are into the Semi Final of the Copa Libertadores against Boca. Have a comfy lead on the 2nd stage table, but we do have some tough fixtures late.

My new #3 ST is actually a central mid, as I've been playing Yuriel Celi there. He of the 7 Finishing. But he does okay. and Falcao is still in the goals.

One nice thing about those sales is that it sorted out our finances, and the board agreed to upgrade everything again.

Still not able to poach any newgens from other Argentine clubs. Hopefully soon.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Almost through the "championship phase" of the season. You basically play thru the whole league once, the league splits, and you play through the split league once. i kinda figured there would be some kind of playoff at the end but nope, its just a straight table beyond that split of the league. Bottom half does the same thing.

We topped the table, so yay us. We also made the final of the Copa Libertadores by downing Boca in the semi final. Not an easy draw, but also not the hardest path to that point. We played Nacional, Santos and then Boca in the knockouts. And for that, we get Palmeiras in the final. Winnable match for us.

The squad is pretty kickass for this level. We have some of the best players on the continent in Duarte, Falcao, Dupay, Di Maria, and Ferreyra the Elder. And lots of our younger players have that potential or better. So yeah, we are well set up to keep this rolling for awhile. Its once the next level of player starts getting bought up that we will NEED to be able to snipe newgens and prospects from other clubs in Argentina. I'm considering posting it as a bug on the SI forum but I will wait and see what happens after the season.

Save is still fun, and I'm starting to realize that my window on FM22 is closing, so might not get to some of the other saves I had mulled doing. But as long as I'm enjoying this one, no rush to jump to something else.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information