Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NXT Takeover: In Your House 2021 - June 13th - Card & Discussion

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NXT Takeover: In Your House 2021 - June 13th - Card & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Xav-E View Post
    This. I just do not see the appeal of Kross at all, and still believe most of the people who like him are really just saying that because Scarlett is gorgeous and they're in love with her.

NXT went from being a show where I was so invested in so many different acts - men, women, teams - and now I can't say I really care about a single talent. I like Gargano and Ciampa still, and I think Gargano's done great to reinvent himself as a character... But even those guys I'm just indifferent to most of the time.
    For me it just feels like Gargano has reinvented himself as a mid-carder, I know he was in the main event but I just don’t get legitimate contender vibes with how The Way are portrayed. Kross has a look and theatrics (and Scarlett) but I agree, I feel like Bálor is being rushed back out when I would’ve rather have seen his reign continue, I felt like everytime he was close to turning heel they did something to take him back and I’d love a full-blown heel run with him.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT Takeover: In Your House 2021 - June 13th - Card & Discussion

Was flicking through stuff to watch this morning, and decided to stick on Grimes Vs L.A. Knight from this show after a few recommendations and I have to say I really enjoyed it. This breaks the mould a bit of modern WWE ladder matches, perhaps to fit the retro theme of the show but more likely because Eli Drake isn't agreeing to work a stuntman ladder match with crazy bumps. There's one huge bump at the end taken by Grimes, but for the most part the ladder is just used to wear down an opponent. Grimes is really getting over as a babyface now with this gimmick, and he helps Drake have probably the best match I've ever seen him have. The one thing I didn't like was when Grimes discarded a normal ladder because he wanted to climb up the golden ladder, I know it's a character quirk but he already had a ladder he could win the match with and it was just delaying time for the Knight comeback. It's probably one of my favourite ladder matches in the last 5-10 years and I will definitely prefer this to the two MITBs coming up.

And that's it for me and Takeover, because I cannot stand the production of this show with all three commentators screaming at me throughout the match. Apologise to Mauro, because NXT commentary was 100 times better when he was on the show.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information