Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE Talent Releases April 2021

Re: WWE Talent Releases April 2021

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Heres some tag team action on tv house shows that i have seen. all main events according to historyofwwf

La Sports arena...Rockers vs Brain busters jan 1989
    Main event was Ultimate Warrior defending the IC Title against Rick Rude.

7/25/87 MSG Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs
    Main event was Roddy Piper vs Paul Orndorff.

North South connection vs Briscos nov msg 1984( main event on tv, though the source shows two matches afterwards)
    Didn't even happen on that show.

The December 1984 MSG event had the main event of Hulk Hogan vs The Iron Sheik unless you're referring to a different event.

Dream Team vs Bulldogs philly jan 1986
    Main event was Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant vs The Heenan Family.

Dream Team vs Bulldogs MSG Jan 1986
    Main event was Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage.

Hart Foundatiin vs Tony Garea and Brian Blair philly march 1986
    Main event was Hulk Hogan and Ricky Steamboat vs Don Muraco, Johnny V, and Mr. Fuji.

Dream Team vs Bulldogs msg May 1986
    Main event was Randy Savage vs Tito Santana.
    ---

I'm going to stop here because you seem to be under the impression that final match of the show = main event, when that just isn't the case. Main events on house shows were in the middle of the show to allow the company to advertise the main event for the following month's show before the fans leave the building.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Main event was Ultimate Warrior defending the IC Title against Rick Rude.

Main event was Roddy Piper vs Paul Orndorff.

Didn't even happen on that show.

The December 1984 MSG event had the main event of Hulk Hogan vs The Iron Sheik unless you're referring to a different event.

Main event was Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant vs The Heenan Family.

Main event was Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage.

Main event was Hulk Hogan and Ricky Steamboat vs Don Muraco, Johnny V, and Mr. Fuji.

Main event was Randy Savage vs Tito Santana.
    ---

I'm going to stop here because you seem to be under the impression that final match of the show = main event, when that just isn't the case. Main events on house shows were in the middle of the show to allow the company to advertise the main event for the following month's show before the fans leave the building.
    how isnt the last match the main event? Thats strange. but i guess what you explained makes sense
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

how isnt the last match the main event?
    Again, the main event on house shows was in the middle of the show so that they could advertise the next month's main event before the fans left.

Do you really think that Tony f'n Garea was main eventing a show over Hulk Hogan in 1986?

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Again, the main event on house shows was in the middle of the show so that they could advertise the next month's main event before the fans left.

Do you really think that Tony f'n Garea was main eventing a show over Hulk Hogan in 1986?
    Hey...from everything ive ever known in pro wrestling, the last match is the Main event. but your reasoning makes sense
    I am the Foundation

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

I thought it was common knowledge that they always ran matches after the main event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Hey...from everything ive ever known in pro wrestling, the last match is the Main event. but your reasoning makes sense
    Tbh, it's not my reasoning. That's just how it's been. I'm actually surprised you didn't know this seeing as you watch so much old wrestling. Re-watch any old house show (Especially original telecast since sometimes WWE 24/7 or WWE Network could remove these), but before the main event, The Fink would announce the card for the next month's show including naming which was the main event. Things like the Dynamite Kid vs Jacques Rougeau issue was created because the last match of the show was not the main event, so no one wanted to work that final match when that would mean they'd be the last to leave the building. This only applies to MSG, but for a long time, the last match was kept really short because there was a strict New York curfew, so you certainly wouldn't be having your top guys go out then.

Different show, but while televised house shows had the main event as the last match before intermission, SNME always began with the main event.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Isn't that how UFC is as well? the main events are like the first on the card and then they do a bunch of undercard matches afterwards that most dont watch?

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Isn't that how UFC is as well? the main events are like the first on the card and then they do a bunch of undercard matches afterwards that most dont watch?
    No lol

They used to sometimes show untelevised prelims in between main card bouts if time permitted. They don't do this much anymore (if at all) because all fights are now televised in some form (ppv, tv or streaming service) and so they just space out the fights with horrendous timing (2 fights per hour if you're lucky, 1 title fight per hour)

There's been a few old PPV events where they moved fights around. UFC 100 had Lesnar and GSP's fight brought forward a slot because of timing issues. A lesser main card fight went on last that night.

Some MT shows I've seen have their main fights in the middle but not sure why or if that's a regular thing.

The main event to me is the match that the event is hyped around and the biggest match on the card. Not the last match on the card.

I doubt tag wrestling will ever overtake singles wrestling in popularity either. If there's a choice to see Hulk Hogan in a singles match over a tag match then people would want that, for example.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-17-2021 at 04:35 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm going to guess that there are no more releases despite the rumour that NXT would make cuts. But then usually the wrestlers announce it themselves when they leave.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Also another reason why the main event was before the intermission: it allowed Hogan/top stars to safely leave the arena before the show was over because otherwise their car would be hounded by fans. Stone Cold ended up doing the same thing often in the Attitude Era as well because it became damn near impossible to get him out of the building after the show because wrestling fans are fucking crazy.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

According to Fightful, turns out Billie Kays release might have been heavily influenced by Kevin fucking Dunn. He thought she had a ceiling in what she could do. Of course he thought that.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Guy View Post
    According to Fightful, turns out Billie Kays release might have been heavily influenced by Kevin fucking Dunn. He thought she had a ceiling in what she could do. Of course he thought that.
    I hate sayings like that, because not everyone on the roster can realistically be a star. It's simply not feasible, you need people like Billie who can fill a smaller, supporting role and succeed at it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I know Kevin Dunn’s one of those lifer guys that Vince loves, but I just have a hard time believing the TV director’s opinions (or whatever his job is) on creative and talent relations hold that much influence that he can suggest firing someone who just appeared on WrestleMania and that’s the reason they’re gone. Someone else probably suggested her and he chimed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I know Kevin Dunn’s one of those lifer guys that Vince loves, but I just have a hard time believing the TV director’s opinions (or whatever his job is) on creative and talent relations hold that much influence that he can suggest firing someone who just appeared on WrestleMania and that’s the reason they’re gone. Someone else probably suggested her and he chimed in.
    Spot on.

Seriously, for all of his faults, have we ever heard a single rumor, let alone confirmed rumor that Dunn was responsible for someone being released? All this is is Dunn not being high on someone and that's it. Everyone backstage has wrestlers they don't see any appeal in. It's a non-news story, but it's blown up because fans want to blame someone for Kaye's release and Dunn is already an easy target. Blame Vince for Billie's release.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Like we didn't already know WWE is a shit bag corporation, their way of making sure Mickie James got all of her stuff back after being fired? Everything thrown into garbage bags and shipped in a box, apparently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-mUPSg...=1fpw296eo32sh

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    Like we didn't already know WWE is a shit bag corporation, their way of making sure Mickie James got all of her stuff back after being fired? Everything thrown into garbage bags and shipped in a box, apparently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-mUPSg...=1fpw296eo32sh
    Obviously packaging was apart of the budget cuts!
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

Apparently they fired “Senior Director Of Talent Relations”, and Total Divas star, Mark Carrano for the trash bag incident amongst other things.

It seems as if this is standard protocol in the WWE with others, including in this 2021 firing spree, and in past years (Including Maria from last year and even Jillian Hall from 2010). I don't know if I really see it as being disrespectful especially if this is unwashed gear. A lot of people already do this when they're traveling, particularly for something like camping.

However, this still makes the WWE look bad for a couple of reasons. For one, they're blaming this entirely on Carrano so they're immediately firing the guy...for something that had apparently been going on for at least a decade. The other issue were the tweets that Johnny Ace and Triple H sent out to try and control the situation:

How disrespectful is using garbage bags when you're firing loads of people, citing budget cuts, when the company has made so much money over the last year? The garbage bags is a non-issue to me when the more disrespectful issue is lying about why talents are being fired. Furthermore, it's even disrespectful towards Carrano, trying to blame him for all of this when he was a WWE employee. Especially if this had been going on for over a decade, it's not on Carrano, it's on higher up management for allowing this to continue for so long.

Main Eventer

Status

yeah the tweets are unprofessional. They should of contacted her directly and privately.

But i agree sending it in a bag is ridiculous. but Jims point that the releases are in and of itself disrespectful considering how well WWE did during the pandemic.
    I am the Foundation

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status

Here's how you know it's absurd. They're putting garbage bags in Fed Ex boxes. You could literally use a box to make it look more professional.

But it's the WWE. You're a fool if you think they actually respect their talent, especially ones low enough on the totem pole to be fired.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information