Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talent Releases 2021

Status

Re: WWE Talent Releases 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Y’all so negative about WWE.
    Totally this. Vince is just, like, doing his standard long-term storytelling. You guys need to let it play out.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

World Champion

Status

^^^

lol

with all the released wrestlers right now...literally 2 companies could spring up.

WWE released approx 80 wrestlers this year

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

How long has Spud has that video waiting to post? No way he drummed that up in 20 minutes.

WWE released at this point do not surprise me at all. No one is safe.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    How long has Spud has that video waiting to post? No way he drummed that up in 20 minutes.

WWE released at this point do not surprise me at all. No one is safe.
    He has the right idea. Everyone should be planning their next moves at this point in case they’re next.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Tbh the right idea for Spud would have been to not re-sign with NXT and go somewhere else when there weren’t so many free agents about. Now come February he’s gonna be trying to get an contract at the same time as 80 other wrestlers.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Tbh the right idea for Spud would have been to not re-sign with NXT and go somewhere else when there weren’t so many free agents about. Now come February he’s gonna be trying to get an contract at the same time as 80 other wrestlers.
    its 120 - 130 with ROH wrestlers as well

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Didn’t he do some backstage agent work with Impact in the past? I can imagine he’d be an easy re-sign for them if that’s the route he wants to take.

”The New and Improved AstraPfizer Bunny”

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

That Spud twitter video was brilliant stuff.

Honestly this is so frustrating. The one part of WWE that was enjoyable to me over the last few years was NXT, I even went to all the Toronto TakeOvers. It was fun getting invested in new talent and seeing popular names from outside the WWE. It just feels like there's zero reason to get invested in anything with people being dropped left and right, and call-ups don't even matter. It feels like they don't give a shit about 90% of the people they have under contract. Like why should I give a fuck about Hayes, Lumis, Dakota, or anyone else from NXT when apart from maybe like Bron, they're all likely to get canned or misused.
    Vote on WC's Top 15 AEW Acts of 2021 Here:
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=177261

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I think Spud will land on his feet somewhere. He's got that backstage experience as well as the in-ring stuff, and I imagine he wouldn't demand as big a wage as some of the other "free agents". Plus with him being an NXT "guy" would his be 30 days not 90 days anyway?

Circa 80 talent relased by WWE this calendar year, that is crazy. We know budget cuts is a lie given how much money they are still making. Years of stockpiling talent is now hurting the talent. With ROH being "reset", AEW and Impact can't have them all...so are we about to see a bit of a truely indy boom again?
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I think Spud will land on his feet somewhere. He's got that backstage experience as well as the in-ring stuff, and I imagine he wouldn't demand as big a wage as some of the other "free agents". Plus with him being an NXT "guy" would his be 30 days not 90 days anyway?

Circa 80 talent relased by WWE this calendar year, that is crazy. We know budget cuts is a lie given how much money they are still making. Years of stockpiling talent is now hurting the talent. With ROH being "reset", AEW and Impact can't have them all...so are we about to see a bit of a truely indy boom again?
    No idea if Drake signed a new deal, but didn’t he technically move up to Raw during the draft?

Honestly I would love it if another big promotion found their feet in the current climate. AEW’s doors are pretty much shut outside a few biggish names (Owens probably has a contract already written up for when he’s deals over….maybe Zayn too) and like you said, Impact can’t take all these guys on. Would be interesting to see who lands in New Japan as well.

If nothing else it’s a very interesting time for the scene.

[be more kind]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    No idea if Drake signed a new deal, but didn’t he technically move up to Raw during the draft?

Honestly I would love it if another big promotion found their feet in the current climate. AEW’s doors are pretty much shut outside a few biggish names (Owens probably has a contract already written up for when he’s deals over….maybe Zayn too) and like you said, Impact can’t take all these guys on. Would be interesting to see who lands in New Japan as well.

If nothing else it’s a very interesting time for the scene.
    At this point, I think the number of people available benefits existing promotions rather than the talent, no matter how small. As you said. AEW can only pick up so many.

If this had happened two years ago, promotions like ROH, EVOLVE, CHIKARA and PROGRESS would have been around rubbing their hands with glee. Crazy how much the industry has changed in that time, but guess a global pandemic will do that.

That "WWE releases" annual tribute video on Youtube is gonna be 30 minutes long this year

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Y'all wanna crowdfund our own company? I can chip in like, 72 dollars.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

It sucks that people have lost their jobs, but I still prefer a WWE thats willing to cut the people they dont have any plans on using rather than just hoarding as many people as they can for years and years and just leaving most of them in catering every week.

Morrisons release is a surprise, yet also not too surprising.

The guy can still have a fantastic match, they never really gave him a chance in this return outside of the first few weeks. His run with Miz was just horrendous from an entertainment aspect, so you could argue he was damaged goods to a degree simply because of how woeful his booking had been. Choosing to have Miz turn on him the last week he'd be on aTV for a few months was an even dumber decision now than it already was. Seemed like they were just waiting for Miz to come back and had nothing else for JoMo to do in the meantime.

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

Free The Narrative is most likely to me right now. Spud finally gets reunited with EC3 and Braun.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

At this rate the Royal Rumble is going to be an hour of Roman Reigns monologuing while his theme plays 30 times in a row.

Hit Row's release is baffling. They literally just got to the main roster and they're already shown the door. Zero planning ahead, zero forethought. I thought they would've been a staple of the show, obviously popular and connected with the culture. If Top Dolla's twitter behavior is what got them in hot water, then surely the better option is to take the dude aside and explain better ways to conduct yourself, not fire every person in the group. Swerve'll land on his feet, doubtlessly. Unsure about the others. Sidenote: The NXT North American title must be cursed, like out of everyone who has ever held it only one person made it to the main roster to be booked fairly well - Damian Priest.

John Morrison's situation just screams that without Miz being available, they didn't see any point in keeping him around. Honestly, the writing was on the wall the day he returned - his return segment was him saying 'hey Miz is busy but I'm here' and the interviewer being like 'cool but I was looking for the Miz tho.' It should've been obvious there and then what WWE considered Morrison's ceiling to be - Miz's lackey and little else. Which is pretty bogus, dude's a pretty great wrestler and has improved tenfold since his last WWE run. What makes someone have a McIntyre return run and a Morrison return run, I wonder.

I am kinda bummed about Shane Thorne, dude got shafted with that Retribution stuff along with everyone else and never got a chance to bounce back.

WWE fired Drake Maverick, re-hired of him to take advantage of new-found sympathy and patted themselves on the back for doing so, then fired him again a year later the exact same way they did initially. This company.

Tegan Nox came back from like three ACL tears - I kinda suspected she'd always be on borrowed time under the tag of 'too injury prone' so I'm not too surprised this came to pass, but still, that hardly makes it better.

And I think that's everyone of value in this round of cuts.

Spoiler:

R.I.P. Jimmy Rave!

Status

The releases have been awful to read about. I stepped out of watching wrestling about a year ago and just recently started tuning in for AEW's last few events, but man, what the fuck's WWE been up too? They losing money?

The news of Thorne getting released wasn't suprising, but I felt kind of bummed out. He's been around for awhile and was given a rare opportunity every blue moon after Miller left the company. I always loved TMDK's stuff in NOAH, and Mikey's run in NJPW as apart of Chaos felt like it was missing Thorne. Hopefully The Wrestling Gods find a way to pair them together now that they're free agents.
    "12 LARGE BROTHA!"
    R.I.P. "Sweet 'n' Sour" Larry Sweeney

BTB: "What If... NXT Season 6 Happened?"
    E-Fed Character Profiles: Guy Jordan & Tobias Blume

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by gurryman View Post
    The releases have been awful to read about. I stepped out of watching wrestling about a year ago and just recently started tuning in for AEW's last few events, but man, what the fuck's WWE been up too? They losing money?

The news of Thorne getting released wasn't suprising, but I felt kind of bummed out. He's been around for awhile and was given a rare opportunity every blue moon after Miller left the company. I always loved TMDK's stuff in NOAH, and Mikey's run in NJPW as apart of Chaos felt like it was missing Thorne. Hopefully The Wrestling Gods find a way to pair them together now that they're free agents.
    I think Mikey, Shane and Jonah may all find themselves reunited in NJPW.

Comeback King

Status

Jeff Hardy has been released as per SRS. He refused help and rehab apparently. So sad, I hope he gets the help he needs.

It’s shocked me as he seemed in a really good place on his Broken Skull episode.
    WWE: The New Vision| Former BTB Overlord | Order's Interviews

BTB Achievements
    Current BTB - WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

+
    FIVE BTBOTM AWARDS

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Jeff Hardy has been released as per SRS. He refused help and rehab apparently. So sad, I hope he gets the help he needs.

It’s shocked me as he seemed in a really good place on his Broken Skull episode.
    It might be at the point where the best thing for him is just to get away from wrestling entirely.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Cardcaptor

Status

Sucks to see.

I hope one day Jeff can truly conquer his issues.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information