Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Wrestlecrap of the Year Ongoing Discussion

Re: 2021 Wrestlecrap of the Year Ongoing Discussion

I can't imagine the exploding ring winning this at the end of the year. Maybe if there was a 'Biggest Letdown' award, it could win. Ultimately, AEW had a situation that sounded good on paper, apparently looked good in tests, but they botched the actual execution. Meanwhile, the infamous Shockmaster, even without falling, would have still been a ridiculous gimmick that could have even been a contender for WrestleCrap of the year.

Fiend/Bliss' best chance at not winning this is if they create enough major WrestleCrap moments to split the votes. Even if Fiend/Alexa disappears for the remainder of the year, there's been enough shit in just these first few months to earn this award again.

WAKE UP

Status

Yeah the sparklers were an embarrassing gaff, but it wasn't an intentionally bad moment. No one in AEW thought it was good shit pal. And it was one moment. WWE has so many more programs that take up so much more time that are god awful that are ideas someone there thinks is good.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

Ultimately it has to be the sparklers. I know it was an accident but come on it was the end of the ppv! It was supposed to be a way of writing off Moxley and Kingston probably. Because of the botch a great heartwarming moment fall flat (Eddie saving Moxley.) And on top of that they had to explain the botch as some sort of prank by kenny omega which just seems dumb.

Now that's focusing on It's negative effects. But on the so bad you gotta laugh column well... for 1 just look at it! It's hilarious! 1st the sparklers are funny looking. 2ed Kingston sells it like a giant explosion and 3rd the memes. Oh the memes.

That's my argument at least.

Bo Dallas Mark

Status
      Country                    United States

Miz vs Priest's Lumberjack Match could be close to the sprinklers
    Saus X W/L Record
    2/0/1

Crimson Knights W/L Record
    0/0/0

Currently Writing:
    WWE 2017
    31st Hunger Games

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    Miz vs Priest's Lumberjack Match could be close to the sprinklers
    for me that's the worst thing I've seen in quite some time.

The one thing that Miz/Priest has over a lot of these other contenders is that it's ultimately a match that doesn't matter. The inclusion of the zombies was awful, but it's not as if it was a main event level act like AEW's blunders or The Fiend.

WAKE UP

Status

Zombie Lumberjacks to promote a corporate sponsorship is peak TNA wrestlecrap
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I’m suddenly way more interested in a Miz match than I’ve been in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The one thing that Miz/Priest has over a lot of these other contenders is that it's ultimately a match that doesn't matter. The inclusion of the zombies was awful, but it's not as if it was a main event level act like AEW's blunders or The Fiend.
    Exactly! It makes me laugh that something WWE don’t even pretend to care about, looks crap from the outside and ended up being crap is seeing as a bigger disappointment than something overhyped and underwhelming.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Saudi Arabia

Turns out there was a bigger disappointment then even the sparklers. The freaking zombie match!

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
    Turns out there was a bigger disappointment then even the sparklers. The freaking zombie match!
    Was it really a dissapointment? Priest vs Miz was the smallest match on the card, so the zombies & the advertisement worked best for the match. And it wasn't a half bad match
    Saus X W/L Record
    2/0/1

0/0/0

Currently Writing:
    WWE 2017
    31st Hunger Games

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    Was it really a dissapointment? Priest vs Miz was the smallest match on the card, so the zombies & the advertisement worked best for the match. And it wasn't a half bad match
    How was it the "smallest" match on the card when it was a rivalry that had been building for close to 4 months and was a marquee match at Mania? Also, the Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch was fantastic as well... until the sparklers. Good match or not, it was a farce and a very weird thing to spring on fans in the middle of a PPV.

Disappointing definitely isn't the right word for the zombies though, I will say that.
    Last edited by The EC; 05-25-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    How was it the "smallest" match on the card when it was a rivalry that had been building for close to 4 months and was a marquee match at Mania? Also, the Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch was fantastic as well... until the sparklers. Good match or not, it was a farce and a very weird thing to spring on fans in the middle of a PPV.

Disappointing definitely isn't the right word for the zombies though, I will say that.
    In terms of importance to me, Priest vs Miz was the smallest in that term. But they made the zombies work, and I was sports entertained by them
    Saus X W/L Record
    2/0/1

0/0/0

Currently Writing:
    WWE 2017
    31st Hunger Games

#FreeBritney

Status

Tbf, Batista did tease on twitter that a few of his “friends” from his new film would be making an appearance. I don’t think it was as bad as people are making it out to be tbh. Sure it was corny, but there’s been much more offensively bad things that have happened not just in WWE, but in wrestling in general.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

It was stupid, and if I'm WWE I say I have more than enough money to accept sponsorship money for Batista's new film to put nonsense on your own product, but it was a Priest Vs Miz match. Without the zombies it's the most forgettable 10 minute 2 star match imaginable. The odd thing is a Zombie lumberjack match would really suit a Halloween episode of Raw or Smackdown, but come Halloween they'll just put a pumpkin next to the ring and call it a trick n treat match and be done with it.

Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley selling death for sparklers is gonna stick out more in the memory come December.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Слава Україні!

Status
      Country                    Ukraine

Really wanna pre-emptively call Stadium Stampede. Last year's match felt like a fluke that it was so much fun and entertainment. I don't know that these guys will have the same chemistry or sideshow ability that last year's had, and it just kind of feels doomed to disappoint.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I mean, you know WWE is going to top it next week (month at the latest), but the Bliss/Lilly/Baszler stuff wins this hands down now

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Alexa strengthening her claim for this award with MIND CONTROL as part of her gimmick now.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​