Thread: Sexual Assault Allegations Against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Status
      Country                    United States

NFL Sexual Assault Allegations Against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Popping this saga into its own thread because it's quite serious and I'd hate to see it bringing down the much more innocuous news normally filling the NFL thread.

ICYMI: There are now 19 lawsuits pending against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, alleging various degrees of sexual misconduct to assault. At this point all allegations stem from Watson harassing or abusing masseuses, usually contacted for private sessions over Instagram. The pro bowl and national championship winning player had already spent the offseason in the headlines, as his tumultuous relationship with the Texans organization had led to him requesting a trade.

The newest lawsuit today alleges that Watson is deleting Instagram messages, which could land him in further hot water as the most common M.O. described in the allegations is his contacting people through that platform.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

World Champion

Status

Re: Sexual Assault Allegations Against Texans QB Deshaun Watson

Reportedly Watson's lawyer claims they can 100 percent prove that one of the accusers is lying. If that is true its going to make it that much harder to get a conviction out of this, with there not being any video/photograph or physical evidence.

And I know its the least of the concerns but...the NFL is going to be in a VERY tricky situation if no charges are filed before the start of the season.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Main Event Sayer View Post
    Reportedly Watson's lawyer claims they can 100 percent prove that one of the accusers is lying. If that is true its going to make it that much harder to get a conviction out of this, with there not being any video/photograph or physical evidence.

And I know its the least of the concerns but...the NFL is going to be in a VERY tricky situation if no charges are filed before the start of the season.
    They've suspended people for less. I see him getting a suspension for sure.

If it was just a few, then yes maybe they're collaborating for the payday in the civil suit. But 19? No way 19 different people are that morally corrupt that they'd come out and claim this together. I just feel like that number is way too high for me to consider that they're all lying. He surely is guilty.

Unfortunately, criminally, the burden of proof is much higher.

World Champion

Status

Also reportedly the Patriots are keeping an eye on this situation as a way to get Watson on the cheap in the event he isn't charged.

The irony is just glaring considering Robert Kraft. It'd be such a tone deaf move.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Main Event Sayer View Post
    Also reportedly the Patriots are keeping an eye on this situation as a way to get Watson on the cheap in the event he isn't charged.

The irony is just glaring considering Robert Kraft. It'd be such a tone deaf move.
    Patriots have no moral backbone though so it's a move I can see them doing.

American Ninja

Status
      Country                    United States

The whole thing is just so bizarre and sad. I've followed him closely since that National Championship Game and I shit my pants when he landed in our lap in that draft, haven't missed a single play of his career since then. I had the highest of hopes and considered him the savior of the team that I have been in love with since their first preseason games in their expansion season(was able to go to a few). Really the whole mess with this team sucks all the life out of my love for the sport of football and it's sad to think about those 2002 preseason games and that opener that year against Dallas the excitement and the vibe in that stadium was something else, I can't even describe the electric feel of it all back then. To look at how it all turned out now 20 years later is enough to make someone just say fuck it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this team ends up moving out of Houston to another city in the near future.

Looking at the pic of Watson in my sig with that Moon Oilers jersey is so bizarre now. I kinda feel like the Astrodome was built on an Indian burial ground and anything to do with that team is cursed. Just think the week he took that picture he was on top of the world just killing it, then after that pic was taken they lose the game to Seattle 41-38(hauntingly familiar score for any Oilers fan) and he tears his knee up, misses the rest of that season and never really recovers the speed he had that year, and it all ends up with this mess. Jesus.

Thread Information