Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: WWE Wrestlemania 37

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Wrestlerainia 37

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It's the Wrestlemania main event though. In the past, we tend to avoid the same usual interference that we see on any B PPV. It's why the Wrestlemania main event is meant to feel so special. If you're just getting the same tired run-in that you've been seeing for months, what's special about it?
    So come WM time the heels should suddenly stop being heels?

I just dont get this critique. Heels gonna do heelish shit, otherwise what's the point. Ric Flair would bomb in this Era because everyone would just complain about him winning dirty all the time.

I mean one of the GOAT WM moments ever is Austin joining Vince McMahon and cheating to beat The Rock. By what I'm seeing everyone would just shit on that now because Austin had to cheat to win.

Heels cheat. Its one of the most basic principles of Pro Wrestling.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

Retired

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post

I just dont get this critique. Heels gonna do heelish shit, otherwise what's the point. Ric Flair would bomb in this Era because everyone would just complain about him winning dirty all the time.

I mean one of the GOAT WM moments ever is Austin joining Vince McMahon and cheating to beat The Rock. By what I'm seeing everyone would just shit on that now because Austin had to cheat to win.

For what is worth I feel that Reigns could have won without the interference by Jey Uso and he would have looked better. If the goal was to make him look dominant it failed in my eyes. That's pretty much what I don't like, it's not about the heels cheating to win. Of course the heel will cheat to get a victory over the babyface that's normal, but they can't present that heel as a dominant force too. You can't have it both ways.

Brock was dominant when he beat Taker, Cena and HHH clean. No interference and mumbo jumbo, just pure dominance. If that's what they are trying to do with Roman, they are not doing it right.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Greek Beauties - May Entry

Spoiler:

Fay Skorda

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

WrestleMania is built up as this legacy-creating, starmaking event, it makes complete sense that a heel could want to win clean to assert to themselves and everyone else that their cheating the rest of the year is by choice and not necessity, they are still the best person to be champion and can prove it when they want to, in front of the biggest audience of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Retired

Status
      Country                    Greece

The triple threat between Orton, Cena and HHH at Mania 24 comes to mind. The heel stole the win but didn't really cheat or use outside interference. That's balance.
    The RED Report!
    (A New Episode every once in a blue moon!)

Greek Beauties - May Entry

Spoiler:

Fay Skorda

ABSOLUTE

Status
      Country                    United States

I've said it before but I don't get the issue people have with heels being heels on this site. If your top heel can't chest to win then what's the point in them even being a heel? Everyone may as well just be Babyfaces then.
    What a preposterous reach.

There are certainly times when myself and others have been fed up with particular acts repeating the same underhanded shit or just looking like flat out chumps (heel KO vs. Braun for example) but that isn't what any of this is about. I'm only saying that IF you're going to label Roman Reigns the most dominant and respected man in WWE you need to have him actually dominate legitimate competition in a respectable manner, not have his cronies bailing him out every time he's in there with another top flight competitor. I don't mind at all if he cheats to win every single match, but if that's the case, then I'd expect the impartial commentators such as Cole to call it like that, rather than trying to have it both ways where Reigns is winning every match by some illicit means and also being declared the baddest of badasses on the roster. The gap in logic is all I was getting at.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Brock was dominant when he beat Taker, Cena and HHH clean. No interference and mumbo jumbo, just pure dominance. If that's what they are trying to do with Roman, they are not doing it right.
    Brock also gets cheered a lot, because he's a dominant ass-kicker, just like I said. What reason was there to not root for Brock Lesnar? Yeah, he and Paul are dicks, but people like that if you're a winner, look at how fucking popular Michael Jordan is. Otherwise, once he stepped through the ropes, he could beat anybody on any night and look great doing it. He's got a legit kayfabe argument for the best wrestler of all time. It begs the question, is Lesnar actually an effective heel, or do they just make sure he only fights people they want to be seen as good guys?

You're right. If that's what they're trying to do with Roman, it's not working, but that's clearly not what they're trying to do with Roman. Roman got actually and earnestly booed at Mania, because he's a legitimate heel. Sure he's a badass in the ring (and enough of the results-oriented thinking, all you have to do is watch him wrestle and you see why they call him a dominant force), but he's not just a dick, he's a dick without honor who will bend the rules to make sure he wins, even if he doesn't need to. That makes him an effective heel, because even though he's a great fighter, people don't wanna cheer for guys who break the rules.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Reigns pinned both guys at once like pair of jobbers. He was dominant like Godzilla with railroad truck.

I do have a problem with run ins in WM main event if they are done by scrubs like Jey Uso that have nothing to do on that stage. It looked like Fatal 4 Way out there. I would have no problem if Rock came in and helped Reigns win. Wrestlemania just does not feel like Wrestlemania, where only selected few get to perform. There was even a random giant debut in one of the midcard matches that should have been done on Raw.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potters vessel. Be wise now, therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psalm 2:8

I wouldn't word it like that, but essentially yes.

You can still be a heel without a ton of interference. Ric Flair used to do that. It's a big reason why a heel gets heel heat for interference on other shows because you know they can wrestle a clean match without interference, but they're using interference as a cheap short cut.

Tbh, I've been shitting on that since I practically signed up to WC.

Correct, but interference is not needed in the main event of Wrestlemania especially when they had already offered an explanation as to why Uso wouldn't be able to interfere in the finish thanks to being taken out at the start of the match.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Correct, but interference is not needed in the main event of Wrestlemania especially when they had already offered an explanation as to why Uso wouldn't be able to interfere in the finish thanks to being taken out at the start of the match.
    Agreed. I think part of the problem is the lack of variety too. It doesn’t always have to be the interference or method of cheating that you expect. Part of the great things about the real bastard teams in other sports is the range of ways they find to push or break the rules to their advantage. Obviously trying to create something novel in every match is difficult, but you have to strive for diversity and variety.

Like with the dive to the outside of the ring, it happens in almost every match so has lost some of the spectacle of something that is actually pretty spectacular.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Squash Fodder

Status

Did anybody here attend WrestleMania 37 or know somebody that did?
    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Smiles On Faces
    http://www.justbringingtheraw.com/columns/smiles-on-faces.html

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information