Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The WWE Network on Peacock General Discussion

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The WWE Network on Peacock General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just finished it and thought it was great. It perhaps wasn't as revealing as the Taker or Bayley ones have been because Jericho's released books and has a weekly podcast, we know his thoughts about his career, but he's excellent in interviews and talking about wrestling in general that it was an entertaining listen for 2 hours. The hook is of course Jericho talking about AEW on the network and how open he is about why he kept leaving the company.

I really love these Broken Skull Sessions. I need to watch the Sasha and Drew ones soon.
    I thought it was absolutely fantastic as well. Jericho is always a great talker and I can't stop myself listening intently. I think these Broken Skull Sessions have been great. You're in for a treat with the Drew one, Sasha was more problematic I felt.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yeah, the Jericho wasn't full of things we didn't already know or sus out, but it was just kinda fun to listen to two guys talk about wrestling and the business for two hours in a mostly jovial manner.

WAKE UP

Status

Do they talk about any matches specifically like he did with Taker? Ditto that question for the Orton interview for those who watched it
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

they touch on a few matches, including WM XIX

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Do they talk about any matches specifically like he did with Taker? Ditto that question for the Orton interview for those who watched it
    They talked about Jericho's WWE Title win over Triple H Raw 2000, vs Shawn Michaels WM 19, vs Shawn Michaels No Mercy 2008, vs Ultimo Dragon WAR (Sorta), vs Kevin Owens Wrestlemania 33, vs Rock/Austin Vengeance 2001, and a bit on the Cena Summerslam/Raw 2005.

In a bit of a content update:

- Every episode of Raw appears to be on now.

- I suspect every WWE, WCW, and ECW PPV is on. Since the organization is so poor, it's tough to know for sure since a random one off could have easily slipped through the cracks.

- Every episode of NXT (Including NXT UK) since the start of 2017 has been uploaded

- The Cruiserweight Classic was recently added

- Random shows like 2014's The Beast in the East or specials like Pat Patterson's documentary are on

- Every episode of Wrestling Challenge that had been uploaded to the WWE Network a few months back are currently on Peacock

- Camp WWE apparently matters enough to be added early on

- TakeOvers from 2018 to today are on
    ----

Although there's still a ton of content not presently on Peacock, the biggest omissions to me are TakeOvers 2014-2017. That includes all three NXT UK TakeOvers. To me, it's a no brainer that those shows should have been one of the first to be added to Peacock. For classic content, the biggest omissions are WCW Monday Nitro. Although there's zero non-WWE Network WCW free TV (Including Clash of the Champions), currently on Peacock, Nitro should be an early addition to Peacock.

Despite content being added on a fairly regular basis, it's a real pain trying to sort out what's on Peacock and what isn't. I like going on the view all events page, and while it's nice that you can see every show that's on Peacock, good luck trying to get a proper gauge for what's actually on it. Most annual PPVs are grouped together so that one selection will show you every Wrestlemania, but shows like Crowned Jewel, Bragging Rights, Bad Blood, ect are just individually on Peacock with each year standing as its own event. Then some events are titled with the name of the company first (EG. 'WWE Fastlane'), but others do not have the company's name before the name of the event (EG. 'Backlash'). So in some cases, like Halloween Havoc, it's completely by itself, far away from the other WCW PPVs.

So to sum this all up, Peacock is adding more and more stuff, basically every day, but it's a really frustrating experience.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

I've been a little dissapointed since the move to Peacock. I never really followed NXT, and then just seeing adverts for it, the fact that Finn Balor was on it, and just the mere fact that pretty much anyone that is anyone anymore in the WWE was at first brought up through NXT I decided to go back from the beginning. I pretty much made it to where Owens/Zayn feud, I think that was md-2015 on watching it all through and then this move happened. So hopefully one day they put all of NXT on it, but until that happens I'll be dissapointed by this move. Also, I think it's so much more damn unorganized on Peacock to how things were on the Network.

Quote Originally Posted by OldJay View Post
    I've been a little dissapointed since the move to Peacock. I never really followed NXT, and then just seeing adverts for it, the fact that Finn Balor was on it, and just the mere fact that pretty much anyone that is anyone anymore in the WWE was at first brought up through NXT I decided to go back from the beginning. I pretty much made it to where Owens/Zayn feud, I think that was md-2015 on watching it all through and then this move happened. So hopefully one day they put all of NXT on it, but until that happens I'll be dissapointed by this move. Also, I think it's so much more damn unorganized on Peacock to how things were on the Network.
    That's some bad timing, but I wouldn't suspect that you'd have to wait for long before they upload 2015-2016 NXT so you can resume your project. Since they just finished uploading Raw, I imagine either Smackdown or NXT will be next. Who knows how long or if they will ever bother getting around to uploading some of the more obscure events like the taped NWA territory house shows.

Status

If all of Raw and the PPVs are up I can probably resume my attitude era rewatch.

Sans WCW of course, but honestly that cut was coming one way or the other.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    That's some bad timing, but I wouldn't suspect that you'd have to wait for long before they upload 2015-2016 NXT so you can resume your project. Since they just finished uploading Raw, I imagine either Smackdown or NXT will be next. Who knows how long or if they will ever bother getting around to uploading some of the more obscure events like the taped NWA territory house shows.
    I just can't imagine WWE would be happy moving to Peacock and then just never showing the NWA stuff they spent money on back in the day.

I just can't imagine WWE would be happy moving to Peacock and then just never showing the NWA stuff they spent money on back in the day.
    WWE paid 2.5 million for WCW. This Peacock deal was worth 1 billion. WWE has no reason to care how quickly or what all Peacock actually uploads.

Something I really dislike about Peacock is their tendency of recycling backgrounds, typically for the weekly shows. Going on Peacock and seeing this as a recently added video, made me pretty psyched to check out the latest edition of NXT UK:

Mind you, the longer you stare at the photo, the more you recognize that it's an old photo due to Bate's hair length and the fact that they're fans, but I defy anyone to tell me that they noticed the fans before seeing what appears to be an episode featuring WALTER vs Tyler f'n Bate. Instead of getting that, the main event was Mustache Mountain (First time in over a year teaming) vs Noam Dar and Sha Samuels. Maybe that's a solid match, but I want what Peacock teased, damn it.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Is it really that hard to just get a shot from the same episode :/

Good news, they just uploaded 2016 NXT. So I suspect 2015 will be added at any time for you to continue. TakeOvers still only go back to 2019, but they also just finished adding the rest of 2019 after previously only offering one 2019 NXT TakeOver.

Who knows, by the end of the week, you may be able to continue where you left off.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Good news, they just uploaded 2016 NXT. So I suspect 2015 will be added at any time for you to continue. TakeOvers still only go back to 2019, but they also just finished adding the rest of 2019 after previously only offering one 2019 NXT TakeOver.

Who knows, by the end of the week, you may be able to continue where you left off.

That is excellent news. I was really scared that WWE would try to skim down on the content a lot compared to what was on the Network.

That is excellent news. I was really scared that WWE would try to skim down on the content a lot compared to what was on the Network.
    I'm fully expecting not everything from the WWE Network to be added to Peacock, however; it's NXT. It's safe. I am surprised that after a month and a half, they only have a few years worth of NXT TakeOvers, but all NXT (Especially after the launch of the WWE Network) are some of the safest bets.

Nearly every NXT TakeOver has now been added to Peacock. Although they've started 2014, they still need to add the original TakeOver and R Evolution though.

What I can't figure out is that while they do have Arrival, it's split into two parts. Or at least that's how it appears with the videos being labeled as 'WWE NXT Arrival: Part 1' and 'WWE NXT Arrival: Part 2'. Yet, part 1 is the full NXT Arrival while part 2 is just a condensed version featuring Zayn/Cesaro and Dallas/Neville. I have no idea why they bothered adding part 2.

Also, for whatever reason, the WWE Network has just stopped uploading old EVOLVE shows with Saturday uploads being dedicated to 2021 wXw and ICW (And sometimes PROGRESS), that I can't imagine many people bother looking at.
    Last edited by Jim; 05-01-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information