Thread: An "NXT for NXT" reportedly on the way

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

An "NXT for NXT" reportedly on the way

From WrestlingInc

Big Updates On Triple H Creating A Second WWE NXT Show

The second WWE NXT show is tentatively titled “NXT EVOLVE” and will include a title belt.

It was originally reported back in December, exclusively here at Wrestling Inc, that Triple H created a team to oversee a new NXT show, which would apparently be a minor leagues system for the NXT brand. It was reported then that Gabe Sapolsky was leading the team, and that he had been given several agents and writers to help him get more comfortable with writing TV. This was seen as a case of Triple H giving “the ball” to Sapolsky as he is a big believer in his abilities. The idea behind this new show was described as a “NXT for NXT.”

The original idea was for the show to be akin to another promotion running in some of the smaller tier markets that NXT serviced, but with live events likely to not return, the new idea was to just make a TV series. The goal then was to launch the show in early 2021, but the concept was delayed and will likely face more delays.

In an update, Fightful Select has revealed new details on the second NXT show. The working title is “NXT EVOLVE” and there have already been graphics created with that branding, and a new title belt created with that name. Plans can always change but “NXT EVOLVE” is the tentative name of the project.

Sapolsky and Jeremy Borash are both heavily involved in the production, which is said to be noting like anything else WWE is producing. The tapings for the concept took place at the warehouse that WWE briefly used for as a makeshift Performance Center during the COVID-19 pandemic last year.

WWE has already filmed some content for the show, using several of the newer talent acquisitions that were signed since the summer of 2020. NXT’s Josiah Williams, who just did the hip-hop intro for the “Takeover: Vengeance Day” event, was the host of the “NXT EVOLVE” show.

It was noted that the new NXT show had more of a “fight” feel to it. There was no live commentary, so anything that would be added would be done in post-production.

It was also said that planning for this new NXT project goes back as far as two years ago with various versions of the show being pitched and thrown around. Different names had also been discussed for the title of the show, starting with “NXT Underground” a few years ago. It was reiterated that plans for the new show could change as the platform and solid plans are not set in stone.

Stay tuned for more.
    At this point, it's the logical way forward I think. NXT is no longer the NXT it once was, where their primary purpose was bringing along unseasoned talents and trying out different gimmicks until something sticks. It's now a third brand for all intents and purposes, and I think the ship has sailed on turning back on that. I guess once this thing comes about, we can pretty well stop referring to NXT as a development brand.

World Champion

Status

Re: An "NXT for NXT" reportedly on the way

this is getting pretty annoying. Its not really needed unless its just to try and lock in talents so they dont go elsewhere. And im fully against those moves. Its lame as hell
    Last edited by indyfan; 02-17-2021 at 06:07 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

This has been on the cards for a while but it's really a sign of 1) them having too many people under contract and 2) the failure of the performance centre. Do they really need to develop their own talent AND constantly raid the indies? They seem to have a constant conveyor belt of talent coming in and yet the main shows are filled with lifers. I guess the positives are that hopefully the homegrown talent will be better with an actual show to work on and there's potential to freshen up NXT, but man WWE just put too *too much* content right now
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Loochy Zbearsko

Status
      Country                    Liechtenstein

Surprises me a bit that it took this long for it...

Normally, if something gets big with fans and Vince is not mad about it, it get shoved down peoples throats much, much faster

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE won't be happy till they have a show every day of the week. And with the Peacock and Saudi deals, among other things, they can put on all the crap they want with no fear of burning out their audience.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    Queen of Dunks, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

While I'm not eager for more WWE content, if it's booked by Gabe and has a different feel to other brands like the article suggests, then I'll give it a shot. At least they'd make use of some of the talent that doesn't make it out of the PC and might actually have developmental level guys on there.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

So they are pretty much reverting back to OVW kind of days then yeah?
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I see no downside really to this, and am pretty excited for this new show.

•More guys getting signed means that we will have even more fresh talent, which means more guys can shine than can currently with the limited air time WWE currently has. It also means a lot of the indie guys getting signed will be making more than they were making on the indies.

•If Jeremy Borash is involved, I fully believe it will be entertaining and different. Hes always coming up with new ideas and thinking outside the box. Giancarlo Dittamo is still working for WWE as far as I know as well, so if he will be involved in this, there's no limit to what I believe those two creative geniuses working together can accomplish. And Gabe... well if nothing else he's at least pretty good at scouting talent.

•Most things in wrestling that are underground tend go greatly appeal to me. I was a huge fan of both Lucha and RAW Underground. If this is gonna be NXT Underground, then I'm all in on this concept already. And if not, it was still stated that this will be very different, and while there's nothing wrong with the current main roster products, something fresh is always welcome in my book.

WWE haters are gonna hate regardless because they seem to generally get more enjoyment from bitching about WWE than they do from actually watching wrestling. But I have full confidence that, for me at least and, in my opinion, people who enjoy wrestling, this is something to be seriously excited for.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin DeWinde View Post
    I see no downside really to this, and am pretty excited for this new show.

•More guys getting signed means that we will have even more fresh talent, which means more guys can shine than can currently with the limited air time WWE currently has. It also means a lot of the indie guys getting signed will be making more than they were making on the indies.

•If Jeremy Borash is involved, I fully believe it will be entertaining and different. Hes always coming up with new ideas and thinking outside the box. Giancarlo Dittamo is still working for WWE as far as I know as well, so if he will be involved in this, there's no limit to what I believe those two creative geniuses working together can accomplish. And Gabe... well if nothing else he's at least pretty good at scouting talent.

•Most things in wrestling that are underground tend go greatly appeal to me. I was a huge fan of both Lucha and RAW Underground. If this is gonna be NXT Underground, then I'm all in on this concept already. And if not, it was still stated that this will be very different, and while there's nothing wrong with the current main roster products, something fresh is always welcome in my book.

WWE haters are gonna hate regardless because they seem to generally get more enjoyment from bitching about WWE than they do from actually watching wrestling. But I have full confidence that, for me at least and, in my opinion, people who enjoy wrestling, this is something to be seriously excited for.

i love wrestling , i just dont think WWE should be signing everyone under their banner just to ensure they dont get signed elsewhere. WWE doesnt need fresh talent , they need to learn to use the talent they have

I hate current WWE though
    Last edited by indyfan; 02-18-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    So they are pretty much reverting back to OVW kind of days then yeah?
    How so?

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

If 6 other shows werent enough to showcase all the talent the WWE has, Im sure a 7th show will do the trick!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i love wrestling , i just dont think WWE should be signing everyone under their banner just to ensure they dont get signed elsewhere. WWE doesnt need fresh talent , they need to learn to use the talent they have

I hate current WWE though
    If they are making more shows that will feature different rosters, then they're gonna need more people. If they're going out of their way to give people something to do while they're signed, then I see it as a good start going forward, especially if HHH is involved. It will essentially be what EVOLVE already was, just with a bigger budget and (presumably, from how its stated in the article) a set venue.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    this is getting pretty annoying. Its not really needed unless its just to try and lock in talents so they dont go elsewhere. And im fully against those moves. Its lame as hell
    I disagree, they’ve got so many people in the Performance Center, who just go unnoticed and I feel like an outlet like this would be good for them. I don’t think we need another NXT in the sense that there would be storylines and Takeovers but I think an NXT equivalent of Dark could help get some spotlight on newer names and use the people who don’t get anything on the main show, so that when they do appear, it’s not just like to lose - Santana Garrett.

Thread Information