Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CWA presents: "GOLD RUSH" and "SOUTH PACIFIC"!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Re: CWA presents: "GOLD RUSH" and "SOUTH PACIFIC"!

Show will be dropping this coming weekend, folks! Let me know if you intend to send a seg.

Also, a MAJOR announcement for this show forthcoming...

Heel Champion

Status

Major 'Gold Rush' and 'South Pacific' announcement; stakes even higher for Final Four in Vanuatu...
    by Shake Meltzer. PWOutsider
    3rd August. 14:45.

The online rumour mill has been working overtime over the last few days, fuelled in no small part by a series of statements made by Brayden Bridges, the final CWA World Heavyweight Champion, over the weekend. It had previously been thought that Bridges, who won the championship from Lillith at the end of the company's natural lifespan, would defend the title against the winner of the ongoing Gold Rush tournament. This match was due to take place as part of Autumn's I Left My Wallet in El Segundo tour, as CWA returns to American shores for the first time since last year's One Night Only.

Now, though, it appears that medical issues will stop Brayden Bridges from competing in California later in the year. He had this to say on Saturday:

"It is with a heavy heart that I must renege on my promise to defend the championship that I love at the end of 2021. A series of issues arising in training mean I won't be cleared to defend the belt, and although I don't want to rule out an eventual return to the industry I have given my life to... that won't be coming for a long while, if ever. And so, I cannot consciously keep a championship that is the object of so many's desire. I relinquish the CWA World Heavyweight Championship."

The CWA confirmed their intentions with the title earlier today, with Noah Hanson issuing a statement that the winner of Vanuatu's Gold Rush Final Four will indeed be crowned the first CWA World Heavyweight Champion of this new era. The stakes just became even higher for Krash, Cyrus Truth, Shawn Summers, and Jon Snowmantashi, who are due to do battle this weekend after weeks of anticipation.

South Pacific can be viewed on HBO on Sunday, 8th August, at 20.00 EST.

Heel Champion

Status

Big apologies for lateness here. I've been working on the show when sober over the past couple days, but delays and other issues in my flights last week meant I couldn't really get my teeth into it yet. I'm back in Russland now so should be able to dedicate more time to it. Hoping for a weekend post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information