Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2021 NFL Offseason Thread - Every QB is Angry Edition

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: 2021 NFL Offseason Thread - Every QB is Angry Edition

I'm disappointed but not surprised with Lamar. After last year's debacle and him saying that he felt horrible during Covid, I had a bit of faith that he'd be leading the team to getting vaccinated. Apparently not.

Still love him to bits, but wise up man. Get the jab.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

In other news, Carson Wentz is already injured with the Colts and going to miss a decent chunk of the season. I was interested how he was going to do with them, since a QB is what they needed to compete and if they could get the old Wentz they'd have been dangerous. But now it looks like this season might almost be a wash for them already.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    In other news, Carson Wentz is already injured with the Colts and going to miss a decent chunk of the season. I was interested how he was going to do with them, since a QB is what they needed to compete and if they could get the old Wentz they'd have been dangerous. But now it looks like this season might almost be a wash for them already.
    I was curious to see Wentz's performance once he reunited with Reich, but it seems like the guy is just an injury waiting to happen. I'm really not sure if he can still play (at least not at anything resembling a high level), as it seems like there's always something with him.

Cardcaptor

Status

Lamar Jackson isn't smart and Carson Wentz is already injured.

A shocking turn of events! The guy really needs to just retire.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Carson Wentz could be ready to play in the season opener vs. the Colts

Last edited by Vv Macie vV; 08-12-2021 at 05:30 AM.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Days before the season, how's everyone feeling about your team?

I'm cautious, but we've had a rough off-season with covid drama and injuries. Our wide receiver room (which was weak anyway) is going into the season injured. Our best running back is out for the season - though I don't think this will be a huge issue because you could put me in there and I reckon I could get a couple yards running behind Lamar. The offensive line has had a lot of changes and injuries so is going to take some bedding in. All this, plus we're in a tough division.

That said, the Browns and Steelers have both made significant changes too, so I think they might have similar teething problems. Browns pretty much overhauled their whole secondary so that will take time to come good, while the Steelers did the same with their offensive line it seems. It's going to be a stupid tough division again and won't be surprised to see all 3 competing. I don't think the Steelers are going to be anywhere near as bad as some doomsayers thought. They don't have losing seasons, they're well coached, and they've got great players across the defence and offence. I think this is the year I'm finally buying the Browns hype though. Didn't the last two seasons, but I think they've made really positive moves and their weakest position is their QB who is actually pretty damn good anyway and more than good enough to keep them ticking along.

On the whole, I think we're probably rightfully put in that 6-10 range in terms of best teams in the NFL going into the season. Missing the playoffs would be a failure of a season, going one and done in the playoffs would be a failure too.

Indy Talent

Status

Jags, well I'm excited. Trevor Lawrence is the savior of the franchise, hopefully. Our defense is decent, with our line and LBs being the strong point. I really like our offense, my only issue is that I think our center is hurt to start the season. So we'll see how that plays out. But I'm hopeful in this season as it can't go anywhere but up from here. I can see winning 6 games. ANymore than that and it's a successful year in my eyes.

Status

Nervous and excited for the new season. We are rightfully predicted by most to be among the top teams in the league but I have my concerns about the defense being up to snuff and there is of course, the nagging feeling that this might be Rodgers' last ride. The stakes have very rarely felt higher for the Packers in all my years of following them, as we seem to be on the razor's edge of contending and rebuilding. Could be a very fun year but could also be the end of an era in Green Bay.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Silk's Miscellaneous Match Reviews
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Shoutbox Diva, #Iconic Hall of Famer
    #BlackLivesMatter
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I posted these on twitter, but here's my pre-season predictions. No doubt these will be proven hopelessly wrong in just a few weeks.

AFC:
    North: Ravens
    East: Patriots
    South: Titans
    West: Chiefs (1 seed)

NFC:
    North: Packers
    East: Cowboys
    South: Buccs (1 seed)
    West: Seahawks

Wildcards: Browns, Bills, Chargers
    Bears, Saints, Rams

MVP: Brady
    Super Bowl: Browns & Packers

Last edited by Shock; 09-09-2021 at 07:09 AM.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Days before the season, how's everyone feeling about your team?

I'm cautious, but we've had a rough off-season with covid drama and injuries. Our wide receiver room (which was weak anyway) is going into the season injured. Our best running back is out for the season - though I don't think this will be a huge issue because you could put me in there and I reckon I could get a couple yards running behind Lamar. The offensive line has had a lot of changes and injuries so is going to take some bedding in. All this, plus we're in a tough division.

That said, the Browns and Steelers have both made significant changes too, so I think they might have similar teething problems. Browns pretty much overhauled their whole secondary so that will take time to come good, while the Steelers did the same with their offensive line it seems. It's going to be a stupid tough division again and won't be surprised to see all 3 competing. I don't think the Steelers are going to be anywhere near as bad as some doomsayers thought. They don't have losing seasons, they're well coached, and they've got great players across the defence and offence. I think this is the year I'm finally buying the Browns hype though. Didn't the last two seasons, but I think they've made really positive moves and their weakest position is their QB who is actually pretty damn good anyway and more than good enough to keep them ticking along.

On the whole, I think we're probably rightfully put in that 6-10 range in terms of best teams in the NFL going into the season. Missing the playoffs would be a failure of a season, going one and done in the playoffs would be a failure too.
    Edwards torn ACL
    Peters torn ACL

Y'all can't catch a break, eh?

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Edwards torn ACL
    Peters torn ACL

Y'all can't catch a break, eh?
    It's going to be one of those seasons, haha.

Think all my pre season expectations and predictions are gone before a snap. Unless Lamar just decides to rush for 2k yards himself.

We've signed Le'Veon Bell and Devonta Freeman now. All we need is Eric DeCosta to invent a time machine back to 2016 and we'll have the best running backs in the league.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

It's going to be one of those seasons, haha.

Think all my pre season expectations and predictions are gone before a snap. Unless Lamar just decides to rush for 2k yards himself.

We've signed Le'Veon Bell and Devonta Freeman now. All we need is Eric DeCosta to invent a time machine back to 2016 and we'll have the best running backs in the league.

In all seriousness, Jordan Howard looked more than serviceable in our camp. I'd give him a shot if I'm the Ravens.

Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I think the Panthers are an underrated team overall. That defense was legit last year. We had a chance to win nearly every game, but Bridgewater was so so bad leading us going 0-9 with the ball and a chance to win/score within the last 2 minutes. This was also without CMC. The defense improved at all 3 levels with Jaycee Horn in the back, Morgan Fox up front and Jermaine Carter looking to take a step forward and becoming a true starter. I also love the signing of Dan Arnold at TE and feel he is going to be a difference maker. If Cam had weapons like these in his prime he would have been a 3 time MVP with multiple SBs. The big elephant in the room is Darnold. If he can even marginally improve from Teddy and turn 0-9 to 4-5, we would have been a playoff team last year and could be this year. But if he truly is who he was with the Jets then it could be another season of close and heartbreaking losses once again and with our horrendous O-Line, that is certainly a possibility. We just have to count on Adam Gase being that horrible of a coach that he held back a truly talented QB. Which to be fair. Is also completely possible.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information