Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber 2021 - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Elimination Chamber WWE Elimination Chamber 2021 - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At WWE Elimination Chamber, Drew McIntyre will attempt to retain the WWE Title inside the career-altering Elimination Chamber against Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, The Miz and Sheamus!

McIntyre has already proven himself a fighting champion, but the odds are truly stacked against him inside the dreaded structure. Every challenger will be a former WWE Champion. Sheamus, his longtime friend turned bitter foe, knows him better than almost anyone. Orton is a 14-time World Champion that has already proven he can defeat the current titleholder and take the gold away from him. The Miz is as dangerous on any given night as he is outspoken. Hardy has time and time again taken it to the extreme to put a title around his waist. Styles is one of the best in the business and is currently at the top of his game.

The Elimination Chamber Match will begin with two Superstars in the ring and four other competitors enclosed in their respective pods. Every five minutes, a pod door will open, allowing another competitor to join the contest. This process will continue until all pods are empty. When a Superstar is pinned or submits, that Superstar is eliminated and must exit the Chamber. The last Superstar remaining will be the WWE Champion.

Don’t miss all the action of WWE Elimination Chamber, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, Feb. 21, at 7 ET/4 PT.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 02-17-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Spoiler:

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2021 - WWE Championship Elimination Chamber

Have we gone back in time a decade?

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Is it wishful thinking to say Sheamus winning could happen? I know---it's unlikely to happen seeing as how these days they don't book the champ to lose before Mania but one as a fan could only hope he would. I'd like sheamus to win at mania or chamber but I know they probably won't do either :/ One can still hope though. No disrespect to Drew but he's just kind of bland to me now
    * Behold the herald of Galactus *

* The only thing that's for sure about sting... is nothing's for sure * - Crow WCW' 1997

"Captain America — God's righteous man, pretending you can live without a war." - A.O.U.

* THE BEST IN THE WORLD *

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Swoop View Post
    Is it wishful thinking to say Sheamus winning could happen? I know---it's unlikely to happen seeing as how these days they don't book the champ to lose before Mania but one as a fan could only hope he would. I'd like sheamus to win at mania or chamber but I know they probably won't do either :/ One can still hope though. No disrespect to Drew but he's just kind of bland to me now
    I tried to ask this in another thread but I guess you missed it. What makes Sheamus more of a draw than Drew? Is he any less bland? I’m not sure I see the benefit in putting the title on a guy that’s never proven to be a big draw, regardless of whether you like him or not.

They should have put Keith Lee in this match and he should have won, or at least been there to set up a Mania match.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I’m sure this will be a good match, but this is another example of WWE’s male roster problems. The average age of the participates is 40.6, with Drew being the only one under the age of 40. And it’s not just age, there’s no result possible here that gives you an exciting mania title program. Keith Lee and/or Riddle should of been in this rather than give Miz a run out again when he’s Mr. MITB and doesn’t need to be involved.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Retired

Status
      Country                    Greece

I think it's rather obvious that Drew will retain but I have to wonder are they throwing away the Sheamus - McIntyre feud or just saving it for Mania? Is there a Fast Lane PPV after that? Perhaps they go one on one there

Portuguese man o’ war

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I’m sure this will be a good match, but this is another example of WWE’s male roster problems. The average age of the participates is 40.6, with Drew being the only one under the age of 40. And it’s not just age, there’s no result possible here that gives you an exciting mania title program. Keith Lee and/or Riddle should of been in this rather than give Miz a run out again when he’s Mr. MITB and doesn’t need to be involved.
    Feels as if the idea was probably to fill the match with all former champions up against Drew, and use that as the selling point (ignoring that it's been a decade since Miz was champion and longer since Jeff was champion). As if that makes it a bigger challenge for McIntyre to overcome. Definitely not saying I think it's a good idea or anything, just a guess. Even though he's the U.S Champion, I'd have had Bobby Lashley in this even ahead of Miz or Hardy - at least with him, there's a case that he's earned the shot.

EDIT: Also, with Braun not involved, I'm wondering if he's been held off for Mania and a Drew match, assuming that Drew/Sheamus gets blown off at Fastlane.

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Braun is apparently struggling with a blood infection of some kind, so he may not even be competing at Mania now

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I think it's rather obvious that Drew will retain but I have to wonder are they throwing away the Sheamus - McIntyre feud or just saving it for Mania? Is there a Fast Lane PPV after that? Perhaps they go one on one there
    FastLane is after chamber and I would imagine sheamus-drew continues.
    * Behold the herald of Galactus *

* The only thing that's for sure about sting... is nothing's for sure * - Crow WCW' 1997

"Captain America — God's righteous man, pretending you can live without a war." - A.O.U.

* THE BEST IN THE WORLD *

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

As per this past Raw, Miz is out and Kofi's in.

Given the way things are heading, I half expect Mustafa Ali to re-enact that Edge/Kofi chamber moment from... 09, I believe? Attack Kofi, steal his spot in the chamber in some attempt to reclaim the spot Kofi took from him pre-Kofimania.

Spoiler:

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

The reasoning behind these guys being in the match (all being former WWE champs) is hilarious when you realise Jeff Hardy & The Miz (well, beforehand) are getting a world title shot this close to WM because of title reigns 10 years ago. Never mind Jeff losing to Lashley repeatedly recently or being first eliminated in the rumble, he was WWE champion for a month in 2009 damnit!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

When Orton came out, Kofi was yelling at him,”Oh, you slithering today. I see you, your calves are thick!”

Thread Information