Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - January 4, 2021

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - January 4, 2021

Monday Night Raw Preview
    January 4, 2020

Raw to host Legends' Night this Monday Night

Get ready to ring in 2021 with one legendary night.

Some of your favorite WWE Legends and Hall of Famers will return for Raw Legends Night on the first Monday Night Raw of the new year. The guest list is already set to feature two of the greatest of all time: “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan and “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Booker T, Big Show, Mark Henry, Torrie Wilson and more will also join the festivities to help ring in the new year in unforgettable fashion.

Will your favorite WWE Legend show up on this epic night?

There’s no telling what surprises are in store when Raw Legends’ Night rings in 2021 on Monday, January 4 at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Drew McIntyre and Keith Lee to ring in New Year with WWE Title clash

A clash of titans will usher in 2021 on the red brand, as Drew McIntyre will battle Keith Lee in a WWE Championship Match.

Lee earned the title opportunity last week on the red brand with a massive win over Sheamus. In a WWE Network exclusive interview, the larger than life Superstar guaranteed a victory over the King of Claymore Country. McIntyre has successfully kept AJ Styles and The Miz at bay in recent weeks, but Lee’s jaw-dropping mix of strength and technical prowess presents a new challenge for the new year.

Will the WWE Champion be hoisting gold once again on Monday Night? Or will Lee bring a new era to the red brand?

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C on the USA Network to see the colossal title showdown.

What's next for Randy Orton and Alexa Bliss?

As Raw faded to black last week, Randy Orton lit a match and offered a sadistic grin after Alexa Bliss had doused herself in gasoline and dared The Viper to deliver her the same fate as he did The Fiend.

Since Orton set The Fiend ablaze at WWE TLC, Bliss has summoned The Legend Killer from “Alexa’s Playground” hoping to evoke her demonic leader.

How did Orton respond to Bliss’ fiery proposition last week?

Find out the latest between Orton and Bliss on Monday Night Raw at 8/7 C on the USA Network.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - January 4, 2021

Flair seems to appear once a month

gonna check out Lee/drew, sounds like a good one.

I eagerly await the latest nonsense from orton and bliss.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Do you guys think Orton and Alexa have been standing in that ring for the entire week?

I'm glad to see that X-Pac said he wont be there because he feels like him and the kliq show up to every event like this and he thinks others should be there instead. Might just be his way of saying he wasn't invited idk.

Bo Dallas Mark

Status

Miz and Morrison 1 on 1 with the Undertaka? I dig it
    Saus X W/L Record
    2/0/1

Crimson Knights W/L Record
    0/0/0

Currently Writing:
    WWE 2017
    31st Hunger Games

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

"The Mouth of the South of Ireland"

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Of course hogan is rooting for drew over keith lee. They just had to go there.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

So I guess Alexa was murdered too.

Also goldberg is back, double

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

It was like he showed up on the wrong show and meant to speak to Roman

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Drew Vs Lee was pretty great I thought and the best match Drew has had with the belt. Left more of an impression on me than anything on night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom, they even out-did the big spanish fly spot from Okada/Ospreay. Big heavyweight bomb throwing match, and in particular I loved the sequence of Drew trying to get that belly to belly on Lee and it taking 3 attempts to land it.

The Rumble is the best time to do a dumb match with Goldberg cause the title match doesn't draw the interest on that show, and with two hour long matches to book, a WWE title match that won't go above 5 minutes sounds good to me. I can't say the angle of 'Drew has no respect for legends' really flies with me when a few months ago it was Drew standing up for the legends against Randy Orton, but this is goldfish memory booking from Vince again. For the love of god though, Drew has to win.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

WWE should've recreated 1/4/99. Not the Fingerpoke of Doom, but Hogan scheming to have Goldberg arrested for aggravated stalking or whatever it was so he was gone almost the whole show. Maybe then he wouldn't have showed up in time to challenge McIntyre.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

#FreeBritney

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Drew Vs Lee was pretty great I thought and the best match Drew has had with the belt. Left more of an impression on me than anything on night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom, they even out-did the big spanish fly spot from Okada/Ospreay. Big heavyweight bomb throwing match, and in particular I loved the sequence of Drew trying to get that belly to belly on Lee and it taking 3 attempts to land it.

The Rumble is the best time to do a dumb match with Goldberg cause the title match doesn't draw the interest on that show, and with two hour long matches to book, a WWE title match that won't go above 5 minutes sounds good to me. I can't say the angle of 'Drew has no respect for legends' really flies with me when a few months ago it was Drew standing up for the legends against Randy Orton, but this is goldfish memory booking from Vince again. For the love of god though, Drew has to win.
    Plus, Orton was the one disrespecting the legends backstage throughout the evening.

I’m not even surprised that they’re going this route for the Rumble, and like Ed said it makes sense because the title match is usually not the most anticipated match on that show. With that said, with as much as I even like Goldberg, I have no desire to see him wrestle in 2021. That ship has sailed a long time ago, but it is what it is.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

The sad thing is Goldberg said he has i believe two matches left on his contract so i could see him beating drew and losing to him at mania.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I like(d) Goldberg and I was all about seeing him come back when he did and squashed Lesnar. That was great, and I highly enjoyed their Mania match. But my problem is not necessarily him, it's Vince and typical WWE shit booking. Last night he comes back and says that McIntyre - the guy who spent all Fall sticking up for legends against Orton - doesn't respect legends, which makes no sense whatsoever. And in his little sporadic run, has anyone bettered from facing Goldberg? Not at all.

I believe Braun Strowman is the only guy who beat Goldberg besides Lesnar, and he only did it because Roman skipped out on Mania. And Braun Strowman got nothing from that win. He was already way past his expiration date as a hot commodity, and then immediately went into the worst feud of the year with The Fiend. So even if he DID get any rub from it, it was immediately negated (and then some) by feuding with that black hole.

Even if Roman was in that match instead, it's pretty much already been shown that the best way to make him a star again wasn't beating Bill Oldberg. It was by turning heel.

And gotta love Charlotte Flair, newly returned as a face, completely emasculating and dressing down her geriatric father. I'm sure she'll be right back to being a face next week like nothing because in WWE, you're the biggest babyface when you act like a smug prick.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

yeah, I was reading comments saying her yelling at her dad was the perfect babyface move and it's like what??? he did the whole, "im gonna look away and pull a leg" and grabbed his daughter on accident.

People were claiming he legit made her lose on purpose to fuck Lacy

World Champion

Status

Honestly it's just so deliciously WWE to have this Legends' Night with their past guys showing up to do fuckall, plus the basically retired and dangerously incapable of wrestling a match over three minutes long Bill Goldberg stepping up to be the next challenger for Drew McIntyre WWE Title... on THE FIRST RAW OF THE NEW YEAR.

WAKE UP

Status