Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Football Manager 21

Status

Re: Football Manager 21

still not locked into a new save. Been messing about with Argentinos Juinors but another save in Argentina right after 4 years with Rosario Central feels meh. MLS has suddenly become appealing. I know the rules are all fucked up and the AI gets tripped up on them but its still tempting.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    still not locked into a new save. Been messing about with Argentinos Juinors but another save in Argentina right after 4 years with Rosario Central feels meh. MLS has suddenly become appealing. I know the rules are all fucked up and the AI gets tripped up on them but its still tempting.
    How about Mexico?

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Haha yeah, I started a Philly Union save and then before I could get into it, my Dortmund save got interesting since I was forced to sell Haaland (for fucking CHEAP which I'm super pissed about) and Sancho in the same summer. I think Haaland was only €75m potentially reaching €95m with incentives even though he was valued at just under €100m. Damn 12 months left on the contract absolutely fucked me there. Sancho at least was big money. I think I'll end up getting a definite €165m for him. The was also heavy interest in Gio Reyna (didn't want to leave), Isak (I was only letting him leave if I cheated to bring back Moukoko for free), and Eric Garcia (bid didn't materialize, yet). I also moved on Meunier to Italy for around €20m and Nico Schulz for over €20m because they both were on expiring contracts. Meunier is over 30 and wants silly money, while Schulz wanted well over €100k p/w to be a back up. I also sold Can for the same reasons, replacing a big contract player and getting €60m and bringing in Krystian Bielek for under €15m I think (I'm doing all this to kill trying while waiting for my chiropractor so it's off the cuff)

Having expected the bids for Haaland and Sancho to have come a season plus earlier, I was already prepared for the squad honestly. Isak and Edouard (coming off a broken leg though) are already my STs, and both Yusuf Demir (signed for I think €35m a year and a half ago, but spent the half season on loan so he has one full season under his belt with us already) and Reyner (I think I signed him for only like €10m last season) are ready to step into the RW spot. I replaced the full backs with Gideon Mensah from Hoffenheim to sign a player from a rival club, and Neco Williams from Liverpool because he fit the under 23 signing policy. And both were cheaper than the players I sold. Other key signing was Kimpebebe because he was transfer listed. I also was expecting to sell one of Garcia/Akanji/Zagadou/Hummels and then Akanji did in his ACL and Hummels keeps getting hurt too. Oh, and Harvey Barnes was available for only €12m so steal.

Pretty sure my depth chart is like this too.

GK: Onana/Burki
    RB: Williams/Klunter
    CB: Garcia/Akanji
    CB: Kimpebebe/Zagadou
    LB: Angelino/Mensah
    CM: Camavinga/Bielek
    CM: Bellingham/Sandry
    RW: Demir/Reyner
    10: Reyna
    LW: Depay/Barnes
    ST: Isak/Edouard

Love the flexibility of having Demir as a 10 when needed, Isak dropping in there as a SS for Edouard to play the 9, Edouard as either side winger, and both Barnes and Depay can play anywhere. Plus I have some great youth team guys I'm trying to give some playtime too, and that's not counting a host of younger players on loan too for when the next crop of guys get sold.

Losing Haaland and Sancho I was definitely ready to see us drop off a bit, and losing the German Community Shield to champions Gladbach 3-1 definitely verified that. And then the season started and I broke my record winning streak 10 straight Bundesliga wins to start the season, 3 straight in UCL (@Red Star, @Inter, vs Benfica), and first 2 rounds of the Cup. Best wins were at Inter and home to Bayern, who seemingly can't get a result against me, ever.

The shocking things so far early in the season are how much Isak has stepped up to replace Haaland (averaging over a goal a game like Haaland did), and how this run is happening despite a ton of injuries. Akanji did in the cruciate in pre season, Kimpebebe and Garcia have both missed time while Hummels hasn't been fit like ever. Camavinga, Bellingham, Depay, and Reyna have all missed 2-3 weeks at various points, with several of the injuries happening at the same time. But after 10 games, it's 10 wins, and I'm already ahead of Bayern and Gladbach by like 7&8 points respectively, I believe.

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    How about Mexico?
    Mexico is one of my go-to locations. Or was, I guess. I took a liking to Pumas, but then fell for this shitty little university club called Lobos BUAP. They got promoted when they shouldn't have so they were nowhere near good enough for Liga MX, but Mexico has some weird dynamics and loans are one of them. Way more loans between top clubs than pretty much anywhere else. Rebuilding the squad was fun. I did that save every FM version, sometimes more than once, for about 3 or 4 versions. Then Lobos ceased to exist.

Clubs disappearing is another less cool dynamic in Mexico. Not so much in FM but in the real game. It happens with surprising frequency and not just to lower division. Sometimes they simply cease to exist. But more often, they are bought - or their licenses are. Another team will take over their spot in the pyramid. The club can then often reform lower down. That's what happened with Lobos - they still exist in FM but way way down the pyramid.

If you ever watch the Netflix series Club of Crows, which is a Mexican drama about a fictional Liga MX club, the dramatics around clubs being bought and relocated and all of that is all too accurate.

I had one decent save in mexico since the fall of Lobos. Another small club, started in the 2nd division, got promoted. Just never really grabbed me fully.

I keep poking around thru clubs in Mexico but nothing really appeals to me. MAYBE Tijuana but other options like the Atletico affiliate, Pumas, America, the new club in Mazatlán, FC Juarez.... Maybe I'll take another swing thru.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

working through the classic Nottingham Forest save for me, got promoted at the first time of asking, which didn't look possible until the second half of the season, now in the prem, after a bit of a spending spree, we're in the top half of the table 8 games in, but i swear we are the most unconvincing team i've ever put together.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Hit me up with that squad, Supes!

Loading up to play for a bit now, and yeah, I brought in €350m up to €375m this summer, and only spent €102m. Mensah was €13.75m after getting €21m from Schulz, €10m for Bielik after €65m for Can, €10.25m for Neco after €20m for Meunier, and €12.5m for Barnes after €150m up to 165 for Sancho. Plus €56m for Kimpembe. Profiting €250m this summer meant I'm now in the good for transfers during my time with Dortmund, having made a net profit of €246m. Dortmund Model~!

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Status

so despite knowing the rules are a fuck-mess, I've started up an MLS save with the Portland Timbers. Spent some time getting a handle on the rules like the general allocation money and all of that. No idea if I'll go too far with it and how much i will enjoy the unique restrictions, but it looks like building a strong squad is a real challenge with the salary cap limitations.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information