Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,418 of 2418

Thread: Coronavirus

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Tbf, he has already said he's getting it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    unless he sits down and they say it's the AZ shot then he will bust through the wall like a cartoon character.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    unless he sits down and they say it's the AZ shot then he will bust through the wall like a cartoon character.
    That doesnt mean i wont return to get the others though

in regards to sucking it up and accepting the consequences....then you, who belice this, must also except the consequences of those consequences.

People fired from work nay have to go on welfare which means more tax dollars allocated to it. and desperate people do desperate things

let me ask you guys....if we are to expect people to do the logical and humane thing for the greater good ei: just take the vaccine

then how do you justify big pharma doing the inhumane and illogical thing of holding goverments hostage by saying we cant be held financially liable for side effects?

These are corporate entities here whos profits matter more than human lives. dont pretend its not like that for them
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-10-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i also googled and did some research about long term effects and how long youd expect to see them. its not something commonly showing up after decades, it usually happens relativity soon. So wed know of some side effects by now. its been over 6 months.
    Wouldn’t it stand to reason that the same logic would apply to the AZ vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    I support healthcare workers being fired in the event they don't take the vaccine. Anyone who works in a hospital or healthcare setting for sure.
    Makes you wonder why you don’t really hear stories of this happening, outside of one I found from Houston, where the nurse in question had already given her notice before she was fired. She cannot be the only one not taking it, so where is something like this actually being enforced?

The argument that some would make is that if nurses could be fired for not taking the vaccine, what’s to prevent other employers from doing the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Just take the fucking vaccine.
    You see, I took the first vaccine I was offered, no problem at all, and hope others will follow suit. That being said, I would never use rhetoric like this, as it’s hardly going to help convince anyone on the fence that they should take it.

It’s much better to go the route of education as opposed to intimidation, as it should yield much better results where vaccine hesitancy is a problem.

”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Wouldn’t it stand to reason that the same logic would apply to the AZ vaccine?

”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots."
    Sure, but i still believe in choice. Anyone wanting any vaccine can get the AZ if they feel its right for them.

The ratio is getting smaller and smaller as the weeks roll on though
    I am the Foundation

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

My use of "fucking" isn't meant to be intimidating, it's just the way we people in Scotland speak sometimes. Vaccine 'hesitancy' in my experience is the usual tinfoil hat idiots who think the government are trying to control you. They aren't, they don't give a shit about 48 year old Charlie who has 7 wanks a day. People who are worried about how quick they were developed I can understand to a degree however.

Status

Unless you re big pharma....

Yeah i just googled it and its not violation if human rights. thats pretty fucked up.

you re basically being forced to take a vaccine.
    That isn't limited to big pharma. Unless part of any large scale, massively profitable industry that invest a great deal into politicians so a to avoid any level of accountability. Or corporate taxation.

And you are not forced to do anything. You don't have God-given, inalienable right to that job or any job. Your employer has the right to mandate safety precautions, to protect you, your coworkers, and clients. That could be safety equipment (hardhats, masks, gloves, work boots, etc) or specialized training. If you chose not to adhere to those requirements, then you don't get retain that employment. And so if you choose not to get vaccinated, you are free to make that choice but you are also not free from consequences of that decision.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That isn't limited to big pharma. Unless part of any large scale, massively profitable industry that invest a great deal into politicians so a to avoid any level of accountability. Or corporate taxation.

And you are not forced to do anything. You don't have God-given, inalienable right to that job or any job. Your employer has the right to mandate safety precautions, to protect you, your coworkers, and clients. That could be safety equipment (hardhats, masks, gloves, work boots, etc) or specialized training. If you chose not to adhere to those requirements, then you don't get retain that employment. And so if you choose not to get vaccinated, you are free to make that choice but you are also not free from consequences of that decision.
    I dont think comparing wearing safety glasses equates to injecting things into your body you dont feel safe doing. Also were not talking i wont wear a safety hat, so ill go work in a call center.

It is your right to work( in any job) and make money. Companies may be able to use no vaccine as a way to not hire someone.

But an even bigger issue is privacy. it might not be legal to ask people to give up private information like that as it could be seen as discrimination

on big pharma...i just find it weird people say stuff like peoples lives matter more than money( in regards to lockdowns for example) while huge corporations are basically saying...our profits matter so we want to ensure we cant get sued. And no one bats an eye
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-10-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

But like you said...if its left to mutate...it possibly could. So why wouldnt the same train of thought apply? And its not like flus havent turned into pandemics.....

And im not talking about people yelling at you because you didnt get vaccine...im talking about being put out of work so you can't feed your family or pay rent. That type of reaction is dangerous to human rights. Someone with Guillain-Barre syndrome most likely wont get the vaccine. Is it fair they should feel the wrath and be fired etc?

I also doubt there are many healthcare workers not taking the vaccine

What viruses have mutated into a more lethal form? or more dangerous?

From what i have read, when viruses mutate they are more likely to become less dangerous to the host.
    I'm not a virologist and my understanding is minimal. I would imagine not all viruses behave the same or mutate the same. The Flu vaccine is only effective for specific strains you're likely to encounter that season, right? It's not considered a potential one stop vaccine. Of course, Flus have turned into pandemics. None of this is really a like for like comparison with the current COVID situation (nothing is) so really there's not much point in comparing.

Well, yes, people who shouldn't take the vaccine shouldn't need to take the vaccine because enough of the vaccine eligible population should have taken it and reached herd immunity therefore limiting possibility of any transmission to its absolute minimum. However, if we want to go down the route of human rights and taking food away from children - what about the people that could get killed as a result of people who would be absolutely fine with a vaccine not taking it? It works both ways if we're going the moral humanity route.

There won't be many healthcare workers not taking the vaccine obviously.

Not clued up on the history of viruses but I imagine most that evolve into a more lethal form die out quicker because they are killing their hosts far too quick. But this doesn't mean it can't happen. COVID mystified people early on and still mystifies today in some regard. You can't confidently state what will happen but the smartest thing to do is to surely prepare for worst case scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Makes you wonder why you don’t really hear stories of this happening, outside of one I found from Houston, where the nurse in question had already given her notice before she was fired. She cannot be the only one not taking it, so where is something like this actually being enforced?

The argument that some would make is that if nurses could be fired for not taking the vaccine, what’s to prevent other employers from doing the same thing?

I don't think it's been enforced anywhere. Obviously there will be people with medical reasons not to (arguably shouldnt be working in these settings anyway...)

I imagine most healthcare workers are quite happy to take up the COVID vaccine. Regarding the question, who knows? If private companies want to do that then there's not like there isn't sound reasoning behind it. Of course, medical exemptions shouldn't be included in that just like with masks. Just don't think people have much of a leg to stand on when it comes the COVID vaccine safety issue overall.

I dont think comparing wearing safety glasses equates to injecting things into your body you dont feel safe doing. Also were not talking i wont wear a safety hat, so ill go work in a call center.

It is your right to work( in any job) and make money. Companies may be able to use no vaccine as a way to not hire someone.

on big pharma...i just find it weird people say stuff like peoples lives matter more than money( in regards to lockdowns for example) while huge corporations are basically saying...our profits matter so we want to ensure we cant get sued. And no one bats an eye
    get sued
    None of us are really justifying big pharma or corp though. None of us have even tried to.

With regards to right to work and get paid, if everyone had a right to work and get paid then why do people not just be given jobs by the government? People already do work and don't get paid or get paid jack shit. I would imagine COVID has made people realise that the system must change.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-10-2021 at 05:01 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

I'm not a virologist and my understanding is minimal. I would imagine not all viruses behave the same or mutate the same. The Flu vaccine is only effective for specific strains you're likely to encounter that season, right? It's not considered a potential one stop vaccine. Of course, Flus have turned into pandemics. None of this is really a like for like comparison with the current COVID situation (nothing is) so really there's not much point in comparing.

Well, yes, people who shouldn't take the vaccine shouldn't need to take the vaccine because enough of the vaccine eligible population should have taken it and reached herd immunity therefore limiting possibility of any transmission to its absolute minimum. However, if we want to go down the route of human rights and taking food away from children - what about the people that could get killed as a result of people who would be absolutely fine with a vaccine not taking it? It works both ways if we're going the moral humanity route.

There won't be many healthcare workers not taking the vaccine obviously.

Not clued up on the history of viruses but I imagine most that evolve into a more lethal form die out quicker because they are killing their hosts far too quick. But this doesn't mean it can't happen. COVID mystified people early on and still mystifies today in some regard. You can't confidently state what will happen but the smartest thing to do is to surely prepare for worst case scenario?

I don't think it's been enforced anywhere. Obviously there will be people with medical reasons not to (arguably shouldnt be working in these settings anyway...)

I imagine most healthcare workers are quite happy to take up the COVID vaccine. Regarding the question, who knows? If private companies want to do that then there's not like there isn't sound reasoning behind it. Of course, medical exemptions shouldn't be included in that just like with masks. Just don't think people have much of a leg to stand on when it comes the COVID vaccine safety issue overall.

None of us are really justifying big pharma or corp though. None of us have even tried to.

With regards to right to work and get paid, if everyone had a right to work and get paid then why do people not just be given jobs by the government? People already do work and don't get paid or get paid jack shit.
    It wont matter anyway as asking to prove vaccination may cross privacy laws.

If its allowed and it could if laws change etc, you have to accept these people will have to be welfare and possibly turn to crime.

im mostly referring to private companies

Edit: i just noticed you ediited your response about mutations and i have nothing to add or dispute. great answer by the way!!!

i must of clicked on quote the exact same time you saved your edit
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-10-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

My use of "fucking" isn't meant to be intimidating, it's just the way we people in Scotland speak sometimes. Vaccine 'hesitancy' in my experience is the usual tinfoil hat idiots who think the government are trying to control you. They aren't, they don't give a shit about 48 year old Charlie who has 7 wanks a day. People who are worried about how quick they were developed I can understand to a degree however.
    just out of curiosity what if someone wanks it 8+ a day?

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

My experience has been more about people having faith in their immune system, especially as they're not in a high risk category. I can sorta get ther reasoning behind it, and feel the same myself. But I'll still be getting it based on the fact it's showing evidence of slowing transmission in general, and I'll inevitably need it at some point to travel or attend some sort of event.

Haven't met any micro-chippers yet though

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

My experience has been more about people having faith in their immune system, especially as they're not in a high risk category. I can sorta get ther reasoning behind it, and feel the same myself. But I'll still be getting it based on the fact it's showing evidence of slowing transmission in general, and I'll inevitably need it at some point to travel or attend some sort of event.

I didn't get the shot because I'm scared of getting sick myself, I got it so I don't spread it to others as much. That's what all of this has been about, at least for me.

Main Eventer

Status

That was my reasoning to( my immune system) I have many friends who are on the fence and one or two who straight up refuse to take it. no one thinks it because of microchips. I think thats been blown out of proportion.

The only thing thats strange is even if you get fully vaccinated, you can still spread it. So wheres the end of this

Trudeau even said that vaccinated isnt enough. So wtf?
    I am the Foundation

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

The only thing thats strange is even if you get fully vaccinated, you can still spread it. So wheres the end of this

Trudeau even said that vaccinated isnt enough. So wtf?
    Well it's true you can, but it drastically reduces the odds. I'd be interested in the odds of transmission between a non-vaccinated healthy 30 yo against an vaccinated overweight 50 yo. But it's likely the data isn't available yet.

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Immune system response doesnt really hold up for me - unvaccinated immune response is going to be crap versus someone vaccinated. Surely the point of vaccination is to boost your immune system?

The vaccine curbs the dangerous effects of the virus and is basically making transmission more difficult/ineffective no? You can still spread it but the viral load you shed is likely to be reduced.

Any of you met any of the nutters claiming that vaccinated people are shedding the viral components of the vaccine? Lol.
    Last edited by RainShaker; Yesterday at 11:55 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

Immune system response doesnt really hold up for me - unvaccinated immune response is going to be crap versus someone vaccinated. Surely the point of vaccination is to boost your immune system?

The vaccine curbs the dangerous effects of the virus and is basically making transmission more difficult/ineffective no? You can still spread it but the viral load you shed is likely to be reduced.

Any of you met any of the nutters claiming that vaccinated people are shedding the viral components of the vaccine? Lol.
    ive only heard of them. My boss told me there are places in the US that are not allowing vaccinated people near these places claiming " we dont know what risk vaccinated people pose to us"

it seems more like a response to vaccinated people and government saying unvaccinated people pose a risk. kind of a sick revenge

but honestly id expect that with all the ridicule and ideas of "showing vaccination proof" to go anywhere.

But Dave brings up a good point...would a healthy unvaccinated 30 year old with no symptoms have the same transmission potential as a fully vaccinated overweight 50 year old.

i watched a Canadian doctors against covid fear video that was fact checked and i was talking about with one of my friends. We were talking about a healthy debate between professionals and doctors who fully believe covid is as dangerous and the lockdown response is justified versus doctors and professionals who dont.

why havent there been an open discussion about this? Why are those against the response automatically chalked up to being quacks etc?

Wouldnt a healthy debate be a better way of going forward instead of ridicule, cancelling etc?

i mean if that many doctors are being chalked up to being quacks then our medical curriculum is severly flawed and should be investigated
    Last edited by indyfan; Yesterday at 12:08 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    just out of curiosity what if someone wanks it 8+ a day?
    Carpet burns. Carpet burns for days.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

ive only heard of them. My boss told me there are places in the US that are not allowing vaccinated people near these places claiming " we dont know what risk vaccinated people pose to us"

it seems more like a response to vaccinated people and government saying unvaccinated people pose a risk. kind of a sick revenge

but honestly id expect that with all the ridicule and ideas of "showing vaccination proof" to go anywhere.

But Dave brings up a good point...would a healthy unvaccinated 30 year old with no symptoms have the same transmission potential as a fully vaccinated overweight 50 year old.

i watched a Canadian doctors against covid fear video that was fact checked and i was talking about with one of my friends. We were talking about a healthy debate between professionals and doctors who fully believe covid is as dangerous and the lockdown response is justified versus doctors and professionals who dont.

why havent there been an open discussion about this? Why are those against the response automatically chalked up to being quacks etc?

Wouldnt a healthy debate be a better way of going forward instead of ridicule, cancelling etc?

i mean if that many doctors are being chalked up to being quacks then our medical curriculum is severly flawed and should be investigated
    This is the first i'm hearing of this and I live in the US.

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121

Thread Information