Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2380

Thread: Coronavirus

Main Eventer

Status

Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The rates of bloodclots being an issue for those taking the AZ vaccine are significantly lower than the same issue happening due to women taking birth control, and that's apparently not a reason for women to choose not to take it. Which makes that who could take the AZ but want to "shop for a better option" kinda absurd .
    my wife cant take birth control bcause of risks to her health. So i already no one of these "rare" people. Actually i know 2

Also i dont give a care if its absurd. im not taking az or j&j. Im not going out with a bloodclot. Its also my choice and will wait. theres still a huge chance i never get vaccinated.

Also the rate you speak of is shakey at best as the vaccine is still pretty new. we had years to study that.

just the fact they tried to blame it on "it was from a batch made here" so your batch wont be like that. And now they re saying something else speaks volumes
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-15-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Coronavirus

Every vaccine protects against COVID. A healthy person into their mid-50’s will be fine taking AZ. There is a greater chance of you being struck by lightning on a bright sunny day while being eaten by a shark wearing a Montreal Expos cap than there is of you getting a blood clot.

If you’re really tired of the restrictions being imposed, you’d better get in line for a shot when you can, because I can guarantee you that neither of our provincial governments are going to ease anything until at least 50% of us have had at least one shot. The more that people hesitate, the longer it’s going to take.

I’m not happy about that being the way it is, mind you, but it IS that way.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Every vaccine protects against COVID. A healthy person into their mid-50’s will be fine taking AZ. There is a greater chance of you being struck by lightning on a bright sunny day while being eaten by a shark wearing a Montreal Expos cap than there is of you getting a blood clot.

If you’re really tired of the restrictions being imposed, you’d better get in line for a shot when you can, because I can guarantee you that neither of our provincial governments are going to ease anything until at least 50% of us have had at least one shot. The more that people hesitate, the longer it’s going to take.

”Greetings, Starfighter. You have been recruited by Tapatalk to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan armada."
    be that as it may....im still not taking that chance. ill wait for moderna or Pfizer.
    I am the Foundation

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    be that as it may....im still not taking that chance. ill wait for moderna or Pfizer.
    Well, it’s not going to be an issue then, because you’re not allowed to take AZ anyways.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

There's actually more chance of not taking a vaccine and getting covid and dying than there is of taking a vaccine and getting a blood clot and dying. But unfortunately mainstream media needed it's scare story for the week.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

is there a correlation between vaccine and blood clot? has it been compared to the natural rate of blood clot development in people?

in any case, it means very little. 6 in 7 million people or something? that's different compared to 1 in every 1000 for women taking the pill.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    There's actually more chance of not taking a vaccine and getting covid and dying than there is of taking a vaccine and getting a blood clot and dying. But unfortunately mainstream media needed it's scare story for the week.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Thats only on recorded cases. The WHO thought that 1 in 10 people across the globe had it at one point . Theres still plenty who are asymptomatic that never got tested

Well, it’s not going to be an issue then, because you’re not allowed to take AZ anyways.

Damn Right!!!!
    I am the Foundation

Urgent exit required.

Status

Thats only on recorded cases. The WHO thought that 1 in 10 people across the globe had it at one point . Theres still plenty who are asymptomatic that never got tested

Damn Right!!!!

generally people who are asymptomatic of covid don't die of it

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    generally people who are asymptomatic of covid don't die of it
    Yes exactly which means the death rate for covid is much lower than whats been recorded.
    I am the Foundation

Urgent exit required.

Status

Yes exactly which means the death rate for covid is much lower than whats been recorded.

Well, yes, that is essentially what Dave meant when he said there's more chance of getting COVID and dying from it. I thought that was the point being made? That the death rate for COVID isn't massively high but there's more chance of that happening to you than complications from a vaccine?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

Why is it the same people that said 500,000 people dying is a small ass percentage and not a big deal are the same ones saying 6 people getting blood clots is a big enough deal to not take a shot?

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Why is it the same people that said 500,000 people dying is a small ass percentage and not a big deal are the same ones saying 6 people getting blood clots is a big enough deal to not take a shot?
    500k is a lot of people but its may more than that anyway. Its personal choice in the end

More people get into car crashes than planes crashes.....But id still take my chances on the road than the air. maybe a bad analogy but thats what came to mind.

i guess im more worried of a bloodclot killing me than covid( which is likely i may already had if were to believe the WHOs predictions. ive been living my day to day since this began. no working from home for me and my wife worked with covid patients, and my kids are in school and daycare) my chances of catching covid are significantly higher than most people.

Edit: a quick google search states death rate of bloodclots is 10-30 percent. Way higher than covid
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-15-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

The irony is that COVID itself runs the higher risk of producing blood clots than the AZ vaccine.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The irony is that COVID itself runs the higher risk of producing blood clots than the AZ vaccine.
    I read that today. i dont remember that being a risk until the news of AZ producing bloodclots came out
    I am the Foundation

Urgent exit required.

Status

Wasn't blood clots like one of the first things that came out about COVID? I feel like that's what people were discussing over a year ago or roundabout.

I also should really look into the 'recorded' data because I feel like they are speaking about the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus which technically cannot have any asymptomatic data included right? COVID is what you get when SARS-CoV-2 progresses to a symptomatic stage no? Not a virologist so not exactly sure what definitions are but I feel like that might be the case.

In any case, 1 in 50 death rate (approx.) for COVID in which you can develop blood clots (20-30% chance of dying according to Indy, unsure what the prevalence is for developing blood clots as a COVID patient) would mean your chances of dying from a blood clot due to COVID are significantly higher than dying from a blood clot due to vaccines?

You're making some sort of point that you haven't had symptomatic COVID but may well have had it due to your working life and day-to-day activities (all good by me) but you're also refusing the vaccine because it could give you a blood clot that kills you? You've been defying the odds enough already with the first part that you don't even realise the second part's a cake walk in comparison no? Probably more chance developing a blood clot lying down for a prolonged period of time.

Anyways, has it been confirmed that the vaccines are the cause of the blood clots? Because the rate has got to be similar to the natural rate of developing a blood clot/DVT anyway.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Wasn't blood clots like one of the first things that came out about COVID? I feel like that's what people were discussing over a year ago or roundabout.

I also should really look into the 'recorded' data because I feel like they are speaking about the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus which technically cannot have any asymptomatic data included right? COVID is what you get when SARS-CoV-2 progresses to a symptomatic stage no? Not a virologist so not exactly sure what definitions are but I feel like that might be the case.

In any case, 1 in 50 death rate (approx.) for COVID in which you can develop blood clots (20-30% chance of dying according to Indy, unsure what the prevalence is for developing blood clots as a COVID patient) would mean your chances of dying from a blood clot due to COVID are significantly higher than dying from a blood clot due to vaccines?

You're making some sort of point that you haven't had symptomatic COVID but may well have had it due to your working life and day-to-day activities (all good by me) but you're also refusing the vaccine because it could give you a blood clot that kills you? You've been defying the odds enough already with the first part that you don't even realise the second part's a cake walk in comparison no? Probably more chance developing a blood clot lying down for a prolonged period of time.

Anyways, has it been confirmed that the vaccines are the cause of the blood clots? Because the rate has got to be similar to the natural rate of developing a blood clot/DVT anyway.
    Asymptomatic people who got tested for covid( due to someone they knew had it, outbreak at their work) go into the list of covid patients..but theres also likely more who never bothered getting tested. which means the death rate for covid is lower.

lets say 1:50 ( made up stat ) But then add in the 25 asymptomatic people who never bothered to get tested because they didnt want to miss work, dont care, they arent sick so they dont believe they got it)

now its 1:75

the WHO estimates 1 in 10 people across the globe have it. thats close to 800 million people. nowhere near the recorded data on Worldometers. Thats a lot of asymptomatic people that didnt get counted into the death rate or infection rate. of course this is speculation from WHO. but tests and research did indicate 50% of covid patients are asymptomatic

Id rather take Pfizer or morderna. but the AZ isnt even for my age group here. only 55 years and older get it
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-16-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Urgent exit required.

Status

Those 25 asymptomatic people are SARS-CoV-2 carriers and not people who are actively suffering from COVID though? Not everyone who is infected with SARS-CoV-2 will develop COVID.

Like I said, need to read up to find out if these stats are defined as people infected by SARS-CoV-2 or people who are actively suffering from the disease stage of infection (COVID).

When you test positive for COVID, you're actually testing positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus rather than actually being tested for the disease.

As for asymptomatics not counting in infection rate... well, it'd just be way higher then in that case (and most virus pandemics will have an estimated lower infection rate than fact imo)

Moderna? I'm pretty sure I know someone who took the Moderna vaccine and still developed COVID symptoms weeks later after being infected and there was ample time for their body to build the immune response through vaccination. Could be wrong though and it was a different vax.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I read that today. i dont remember that being a risk until the news of AZ producing bloodclots came out
    I remember that being discussed a lot over the past year but then again, I am probably just looking at legitimate news sources.
    [save]

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I remember that being discussed a lot over the past year but then again, I am probably just looking at legitimate news sources.
    like the one revealing that depression and anxiety are linked to covid infections...
    I am the Foundation

SIX F'N STARS

Status

like the one revealing that depression and anxiety are linked to covid infections...
    Obvious science is still science...
    [save]

Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast

Thread Information