Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

Does anyone watch the weekly show? It always shows a lot of people viewing this forum, but not a lot of posts.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I think a few of us still keep up to date with Impact Wrestling. The weekly shows are usually easy to watch and the taped aspect means that they likely won't get the hype that other promotions get, which is why you see more activity around the PPVs. However, Slammiversary delivered, I think Impact's only issue is it feels like it's been a few years now where it's really revived and evolved itself away from a few troublesome reboots and channels, and while the roster is talented and they've relaxed on some of the TNA-isms, it doesn't feel like it's expanding or gaining traction.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Impact is the only show I watch every week.

I keep up with major AEW and WWE. I also pop in and catch up on MLW and NWA...but Impact is my show.

I agree with LG, everything has been pretty good. Consistent and with a talented roster. Direction. Taped shows hinder them as mentioned above and they could really use a big name who is adored by the IWC to come in and draw the rest of the hardcore fan base in on a weekly basis.

I just try to buy their PPVs when I can. Also to gain access to their weekly shows it's only $1 ! Month on YouTube.
    Last edited by RobyD; 07-19-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tonight's opening match is an X-Divison four way featuring Trey Miguel vs.Chris Bey vs. Laredo Kid vs. Steve Maclin with the winner going on to face Speedball tomorrow night at Against All Odds. Sounds like a fun way to kick off the show.

​​​

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Tonight's opening match is an X-Divison four way featuring Trey Miguel vs.Chris Bey vs. Laredo Kid vs. Steve Maclin with the winner going on to face Speedball tomorrow night at Against All Odds. Sounds like a fun way to kick off the show.
    Thought the match was solid, but I also thought that Zane/Ace and Kaz/Sabin were better. Actually a really strong in ring show this week, was a good watch.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Haven’t watched Slammaversary yet, may get to it this weekend, but I really like the look of the Against All Odds card because it’s less gimmicky. Alexander/Big Joe, Speedball/Trey and MCMG Vs Bullet Club have my interest.

Also, the return of AMW!
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Thought the match was solid, but I also thought that Zane/Ace and Kaz/Sabin were better. Actually a really strong in ring show this week, was a good watch.
    Yep, the in ring was really good this week, and the angle building to Against All Odds was excellent as well. I have a reason to watch every match on the card, which is impressive given they've only had two weeks to build the show. I think Scott D'Amore is a strong shout for non-wrestler of the year if you consider his booking skill

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Haven’t watched Slammaversary yet, may get to it this weekend, but I really like the look of the Against All Odds card because it’s less gimmicky. Alexander/Big Joe, Speedball/Trey and MCMG Vs Bullet Club have my interest.

Also, the return of AMW!
    I feel like any show that features a match called Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun already has enough going for it in the gimmick department.

​​​

Spoiler:

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Listen, my fondness for Raven means I’ll allow the clockwork orange house of fun!
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

Alan Angels is debuting tonight. Interested to see how long he remains in Impact. Glad to see him start working so soon after leaving AEW.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Even though Angels was quite far down the DO pecking order, it shows the scale of AEW that people are talking about him appearing on Impact. I think this is a good move for him, he’s established his work in AEW, but now he can stand on his own two feet and establish more of his own brand.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Three really good matches this week between Speedball/Angels, Laredo/Miguel and Deonna/Mia. Angels did well in his debut, he's a perfect X-Division guy really because his small size doesn't really matter in this division and he can match the style quite well. Another really good Speedball match in a year full of them. Nice to see Trey continuing the leg selling less than a week on from Against All Odds - particularly the one legged kip up. Deonna/Mia was the best womens match I've seen in the states for a few months, really good to see Mia land somewhere that is giving her a chance.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Three really good matches this week between Speedball/Angels, Laredo/Miguel and Deonna/Mia. Angels did well in his debut, he's a perfect X-Division guy really because his small size doesn't really matter in this division and he can match the style quite well. Another really good Speedball match in a year full of them. Nice to see Trey continuing the leg selling less than a week on from Against All Odds - particularly the one legged kip up. Deonna/Mia was the best womens match I've seen in the states for a few months, really good to see Mia land somewhere that is giving her a chance.
    I loved that Speedball and Trey were both still selling the effects of their match at Against All Odds. Little things like that really help heighten the sense of realism.

Agreed on Angels as well. I would definitely be down with seeing him go up against some of the other X-Division guys over the next couple of months, and I think he'd fit perfectly in an Ultimate X match.

​​​

Spoiler:

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

The good times keep on rolling in Impact, it’s been announced that KUSHIDA is coming in for the shows next weekend. I believe Sabin Vs Shelley is already happening on one of those shows so I could see a six man happening where we get Motor City Time Splitters teaming up, and then maybe a KUSHIDA singles match on the other show. Speedball Vs KUSHIDA would be the dream but politics will get in the way with him back in NJPW now and probably unable to lose, and Impact wouldn’t want their champ to lose either.