Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

I will say it’s refreshing to hear a commentary team that sound interested in the product, Mathews really did just sound like he was going through the motions at times. D’Lo not so much but I just think that Striker adds a pace to calling a match. I’m not sure if I’m that keen on the SFX though, the piped in crowd feels really awkward, especially at the near falls.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

TJP Vs Josh Alexander has gotta be the best Impact match in a number of months. Almost made up for having to endure Matt Striker commentary again.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    TJP Vs Josh Alexander has gotta be the best Impact match in a number of months. Almost made up for having to endure Matt Striker commentary again.
    Watched this last night and I agree, this was a cracking little match that was right up my street. Solid grappling with the odd flashy move sprinkled in. The last Impact match I remember being this good was the TJP/Vikingo match from last year. TJP doesn’t seem to be overly popular but I more often than not enjoy his in-ring output. I like Alexander too, would be happy to see him feature more prominently.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Certainly shows the level of talent they have and what the promotion has to offer as of late. Impact has had a lot of good talent over the years in general it's just.... they don't get the same attention as wwe for obvious reasons but they like it that way. Josh Alexander seems to have grown into his own without his former tag partner around in the same ring.
    * Behold the herald of Galactus *

* The only thing that's for sure about sting... is nothing's for sure * - Crow WCW' 1997

"Captain America — God's righteous man, pretending you can live without a war." - A.O.U.

* THE BEST IN THE WORLD *

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Tried to watch tonight for the first time in a few weeks and the twitch stream was horrendous. Had to turn it off. Anyone else?

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Tried to watch tonight for the first time in a few weeks and the twitch stream was horrendous. Had to turn it off. Anyone else?
    I just can't ever get myself to watch their shows anymore. Their presentation is unwatchable for me as well.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status

knock knock

Nice touch for his 1,000th match in Impact.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

[be more kind]

Status

That's cool to see

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jobber

Status

knock knock

Nice touch for his 1,000th match in Impact.

Missed the episode; and of course i miss this!!!! dope.

* The only thing that's for sure about sting... is nothing's for sure * - Crow WCW' 1997

"Captain America — God's righteous man, pretending you can live without a war." - A.O.U.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

So it feels like the Title vs Career match for the Knockouts Championship is gearing towards writing Jazz out. One has to wonder whether Deonna is going to go down the Madison Rayne route and do this again? I can imagine Jordynne Grace winning the number one contenders match and this potentially be a way of writing her out with her contract set to expire.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Canada

Every time I get the chance to see Chris Bey, I'm always left impressed, Impact are lucky to have him.

El Phantasmo debuting on Impact next week is pre interesting as well. They're slowly bolstering up their mens side of the roster and its beginning to look the strongest that it has in quite a while. I'm hoping Big Cass is really able to revitalize his career. It's not that I necessarily like the guy or anything but I'm not the type to wish ill-will on someone and everyone deserves another chance.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Caught up on a little bit of Impact recently.

Have to say I've warmed up too Moose. Thought he was mostly terrible in the past but he's impressed me enough recently. Some good matches, carries himself like a Star, his promo work leaves a lot to be desired though. But its 2021 promo talent is going extinct anyway.

Not sure about them going for the triple threat direction vs Omega though. Felt like it would have been smarter to have Moose dethrone Omega and then you have a ready made, intense, fresh feud between Callihan and Moose right there. Having them face off this week and then likely have a triple threat match with Omega kind of deflates that feud a bit.

Omega and the Good Brothers are pretty insufferable, not sure if that's in a good way or not.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I agree, I’ve warmed up to Moose as well. I hate his promo though. He’s nasally, so he speaks slowly to compensate and it just comes off so contrived. He’s a dude that could use a talker.

But now with Moose in the rear view mirror, let’s see if Sami can do it. He’s not the babyface I imagined but he is arguably the most legitimate and over home grown guy they have. Especially with Kenny’s health going out. I was hoping Joe could fill this slot but the stars might not align.

World Champion

Status

Sami was the guy I had pegged from the beginning. In my dream scenario, Moxley and Kingston act as the equalizers to neutralize The Super Elite, allowing Callihan to pull off a giant win on Omega. There's really no one on the Impact roster that has been as much of a consistent positive performer over the course of the Callis/D'Amore era so I'm all about him being the man in this spot.

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    I agree, I’ve warmed up to Moose as well. I hate his promo though. He’s nasally, so he speaks slowly to compensate and it just comes off so contrived. He’s a dude that could use a talker.

But now with Moose in the rear view mirror, let’s see if Sami can do it. He’s not the babyface I imagined but he is arguably the most legitimate and over home grown guy they have. Especially with Kenny’s health going out. I was hoping Joe could fill this slot but the stars might not align.

I agree. Moose is a guy who could use a manager to speak for him.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information