Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

World Champion

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    From f4wonline:

So if Tony and Co. don't want to/can't keep The Briscoes around for ROH, then it looks like they may make their home in Impact Wrestling. And quite honestly, that would be another great home for them. Plenty of solid teams over there, such as VBD, FinJuice, MCMG, Swann & Mack that they can mix it up with and do some great work.
    Thats really positive news. Ive heard lot of good things about impact over the past year. Scotts really done well booking wise from what ive read from fans
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Thats really positive news. Ive heard lot of good things about impact over the past year. Scotts really done well booking wise from what ive read from fans
    I would agree. Since the Scott D'Amore/Don Callis era began, they've constantly managed to pump out some really great stuff, even when sometimes dealing with a lot of talent who doesn't look all that great on paper. One thing about them is they always find ways to give people unique characters and stories and really make the most out of what they do have.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Speedball/Shelley from Multiverse of Matches is great stuff. Crazy how good Shelley still is after all this time, and God bless Bailey for some of those bumps he takes on his knees. Dude is gonna be in a wheelchair by 50.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

World Champion

Status

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Speedball/Shelley from Multiverse of Matches is great stuff. Crazy how good Shelley still is after all this time, and God bless Bailey for some of those bumps he takes on his knees. Dude is gonna be in a wheelchair by 50.

It's a good match, seems like Bailey was the wrestler of Wrestlemania week and I enjoyed this more than the heralded Bandido match. Shelley's turned into a great veteran on the indies/smaller promotions.

Ishii/Edwards was a lot of fun too, I liked how they played up Edwards' NOAH history in that one.

Impact have really built themselves a good roster over the last few years. To add the Briscoes to that is another really good get from them.
    Last edited by Ed; 04-12-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Gresham Vs Rocky was another nice TV match from Gresham, but I’m ready for him to work something with more juice and story to it now. Hopefully that’s coming with his Eddie Edwards match at the PPV.

Willow Nightingale has got something about her, nice match with Deonna. I think she’s gonna have a big year if a promotion really gets behind her.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Gresham Vs Rocky was another nice TV match from Gresham, but I’m ready for him to work something with more juice and story to it now. Hopefully that’s coming with his Eddie Edwards match at the PPV.

Willow Nightingale has got something about her, nice match with Deonna. I think she’s gonna have a big year if a promotion really gets behind her.
    I heard his PPV match is his last. I hope im wrong. Gresham all over the place is awesome. I also heard this episode of Impact was amazing.

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Is anyone planning on watching Rebellion tonight? The pre-show is 5 minutes in on YouTube.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ya'll need to watch Morrisey powerbombing Chelsea, my man grabbed a whole lotta titty
    Vote on WC's Top 15 AEW Acts of 2021 Here:
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=177261

World Champion

Status

Damn...The IInspiration retired from pro wrestling

[be more kind]

Status

Guess they must have something worthwhile outside wrestling planned, odd for both to take time away.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Ishii vs. Alexander at Under Siege was really great. Would definitely recommend it if we had a Impact YES/NO thread. If you're a fan of either guy, or just a fan of strong style in general, definitely check it out.

Also The Briscoes are the new tag champs, so we may have found their new primary home?

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Watched some of the show and everything was good at minimum. Sabin/Maclin was good without really grabbing me, while The Briscoes really add some legitimacy to the tag division, was cool to see them in a new environment. Ishii/Alexander was great, what a week for Big Tom; I reckon that was the best Impact match in many years. With Sami Callihan's return and Mia Yim showing up, the roster continues to improve. Now lets bin off the Decay already.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Kind of random, but if you ever have the hankering to watch some classic TNA, Impact Wrestling's YouTube channel has a surprising amount of their 3 hour PPVs available for everyone. Technically, they also have a subscribe feature to access even more shows, but with all of the free content they provide, their YouTube subscription service is a bit...pointless? For whatever reason, I've been on a bit of an old school TNA kick as of late due to giving up on the company so early on when they were growing.

https://www.youtube.com/c/impactwrestling

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Impact's Youtube is low-key one of the best youtube channels for wrestling. They'll put out full shows, and do big videos for talents. They realeased a 40 minute Amazing Red video a couple weeks ago that made me think of you, Jim. Well worth watching.

I love going back and chucking on one of their old shows as background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Impact's Youtube is low-key one of the best youtube channels for wrestling. They'll put out full shows, and do big videos for talents. They realeased a 40 minute Amazing Red video a couple weeks ago that made me think of you, Jim. Well worth watching.
    Pre-2003 knee injury Amazing Red was fucking amazing. Along with the lesser degree of AJ Styles and AMW, Red was what initially caught my attention when I first gave TNA a chance in February 2003. It was like watching a new generation version of Rey Mysterio Jr. 1996.

In some ways, TNA makes me sad that they never achieved what they sought out to be, but there was a period in time when they felt special. Granted, sometimes my memories of TNA clouds my judgment of AEW.

But yeah, their YouTube channel is great. Beyond the full PPVs, there's such a huge amount of free individual PPV matches that even if a particular PPV isn't available, there's likely a few matches available on their own.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information