Page 407 of 407 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407
Results 8,121 to 8,127 of 8127

Thread: The Middle Of A Pandemic NA Politics Thread

World Champion

Status

Re: The Middle Of A Pandemic NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I agree it is important to respect the rule of law in other countries. Russia, however, have a cheek to moan about that when they are regularly flouting laws of other countries. Skripal's poisoning comes to mind nevermind the cacophony of war crimes they are mounting up in Ukraine.

We all know why Griner got 9 years and a million ruble fine. It isnt because she had less than a gram of weed oil with her. She should have checked she didnt have anything on her for sure though. Just dont think getting a near max penalty for <1g of ganj is right. Especially when you add in the prescription factor. Russian prosecutors should have taken that into account instead of being hardasses. Shes been made an example of because she is American. Theyve likely taken the antagonistic view that she has brought weed with her because she is american and thinks she can do what she wants for that reason.
    Im not saying she deserves the max either. Thats dirty politics but releasing an arms dealer for her and Whalen is shit trade on Americas part. i guess they didnt have much choice if they really wanted them freed but i mean the guy is basically tied to peoples deaths. Russia got a super deal imo.
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

is it that bad a trade when Russia have shown themselves to be militarily incompetent anyway? how do you know the arms dealer isn't a CIA asset now? I would guess the point of trying to do the trade is that a) the arms dealer is of the lesser valuable options that America has and b) prevent Russia from having any sort of leverage over the next few years - which they obviously bagged by giving Griner her time.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Im not saying she deserves the max either. Thats dirty politics but releasing an arms dealer for her and Whalen is shit trade on Americas part. i guess they didnt have much choice if they really wanted them freed but i mean the guy is basically tied to peoples deaths. Russia got a super deal imo.
    It's interesting you think punishing a Russian is more valuable than freeing an American.

If all are guilty, why not let their respective countries have control of their rehabilitation? I'm not of the belief that criminals need punished, but more so rehabilitated. Time and time again recidivism rates show that when the purpose is punishment over rehabilitation, the offender is most likely to reoffend again.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmlock View Post
    It's interesting you think punishing a Russian is more valuable than freeing an American.

If all are guilty, why not let their respective countries have control of their rehabilitation? I'm not of the belief that criminals need punished, but more so rehabilitated. Time and time again recidivism rates show that when the purpose is punishment over rehabilitation, the offender is most likely to reoffend again.
    Im not America. what does them being American have to do with anything?

I think an arms dealer derserves jail more than the other two because hes complicit in peoples death. But its not a perfect world . Putting a criminal like an arms dealer back into the wild is fuckin idiotic. even more so than bringing vape catridges with hash oil to a country thats at odds with your own( and most of the world) And where its illegal.

As for rehabilitation versus punishment....not sure what that has to do with this outside of talking about prison but if youre asking me then...some crimes deserves rehabilitation and some deserve punishment

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Im not America. what does them being American have to do with anything?

I think an arms dealer derserves jail more than the other two because hes complicit in peoples death. But its not a perfect world . Putting a criminal like an arms dealer back into the wild is fuckin idiotic. even more so than bringing vape catridges with hash oil to a country thats at odds with your own( and most of the world) And where its illegal.

As for rehabilitation versus punishment....not sure what that has to do with this outside of talking about prison but if youre asking me then...some crimes deserves rehabilitation and some deserve punishment
    Actually the Marine was Canadian.

As for rehabilitation vs punishment, you're the one who's dead convinced that holding and punishing an arms dealer is more important than freeing POW hostages.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmlock View Post
    Actually the Marine was Canadian.

As for rehabilitation vs punishment, you're the one who's dead convinced that holding and punishing an arms dealer is more important than freeing POW hostages.
    im dead convinced some crimes deserve punishment...like arms dealing.

Either way, the trade never happened.

Heres hoping they finally find something to jail Trump over. The whining from the GOP and Fox is hilarious though

World Champion

Status

Apparently Texas is sending busses full of migrants to Dem run cities....

Also on Trumps social media platform, some trumpers are spewing violent rhetoric

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/polit...rch/index.html

I get some people say stuff because they re mad but the feds cant ignore this shit.
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-10-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Page 407 of 407 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407

Thread Information