Re: MMA Random Discussion Thread

He's never gonna learn his lesson.

Gonna keep pushing the boundaries.

Sad to see talent wasted like that.

Urgent exit required.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Not gonna crucify Jon for this one. Picograms are barely anything at all. Vegas not willing to licence him for it is weird but they probably think hes been trying to juice again.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Not gonna crucify Jon for this one. Picograms are barely anything at all. Vegas not willing to licence him for it is weird but they probably think hes been trying to juice again.
    yeah for real. people are all over jones and probably didn't even read the release. there's several other examples of this very thing happening across sports

i do love that it caused Cormier to cry about him being a cheater again, only further proving that he's a ballbaby bitchass. just when i didn't think i needed to see them fight again I WANT MORE

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

All I know is that "residual amounts" of the same substance that got him in trouble before probably shouldn't still be in his system.

Which would mean he has been using the same substance again which is incredibly stupid and irresponsible of him considering how much he has worked and fought for a chance to come back.

If he hasn't been using again and it truly is stuff from 2017.....damn that stays in your system a long time......and I guess take back everything I said previously.

I very highly doubt it stayed in his system that long however.

The guy is dominant. He doesn't need to take this shit.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    All I know is that "residual amounts" of the same substance that got him in trouble before probably shouldn't still be in his system.

Which would mean he has been using the same substance again which is incredibly stupid and irresponsible of him considering how much he has worked and fought for a chance to come back.

If he hasn't been using again and it truly is stuff from 2017.....damn that stays in your system a long time......and I guess take back everything I said previously.

That's because you aren't reading the available data and information. There are several other cases across various sports with the same incident occurring. The amount in his system is miniscule. It wouldn't have any positive effect at all. He has passed 6 (I think) other tests within this same period.

CSAC is known for being airtight with regulations. They aren't flakey like Nevada that would gun this through for the sake of it. And they've been pretty direct and answered every question thrown at them.

Urgent exit required.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    yeah for real. people are all over jones and probably didn't even read the release. there's several other examples of this very thing happening across sports

i do love that it caused Cormier to cry about him being a cheater again, only further proving that he's a ballbaby bitchass. just when i didn't think i needed to see them fight again I WANT MORE
    With USADA now apparently not confirming whether it's a new ingestion or not, I'm a little shaky on it now.

Lol yeah, Cormier is all over that shit mang. But I mean, til we know the facts... he might have a point. I'd love them to fight forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post

Kinda true, there are stories where athletes have had residual amounts in their system for a really long time. It just doesn't break down quick enough no matter what they do. It's plausible. It depends on what facts USADA have to back everything up.

If he didn't take this shit, would he be dominant?

Also true regarding amount. It's not enough to really have an effect but the real question lies within whether it was from the old test sample or whether it's a new ingestion.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

With USADA now apparently not confirming whether it's a new ingestion or not, I'm a little shaky on it now.

Lol yeah, Cormier is all over that shit mang. But I mean, til we know the facts... he might have a point. I'd love them to fight forever.

Kinda true, there are stories where athletes have had residual amounts in their system for a really long time. It just doesn't break down quick enough no matter what they do. It's plausible. It depends on what facts USADA have to back everything up.

If he didn't take this shit, would he be dominant?
    Didn't Novitsky or Foster confirm there's no signs of a new ingestion?

Urgent exit required.

Status

Didn't Novitsky or Foster confirm there's no signs of a new ingestion?
    But how? Did they elaborate? And according to Helwani, it's not 100 percent concrete and they're not sure.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

But how? Did they elaborate? And according to Helwani, it's not 100 percent concrete and they're not sure.
    Iirc what I read it isn't 100% but all the data is pointing to there being no way it is that minimal with recent ingestion

Urgent exit required.

Status

Iirc what I read it isn't 100% but all the data is pointing to there being no way it is that minimal with recent ingestion
    They need to provide that data for clarity, i think. Jones could have been caught cycling or microdosing. I heavily doubt it though because there's no way he is this fucking stupid to be doing it for a THIRD time

But yeah, I really want proof that this is not a new ingestion. Otherwise, a cloud will be hanging over this entire issue for a long time. Especially because UFC moved the event for Jones. Alot of fighters will not be happy about that - especially if they don't have evidence that this isn't a new ingestion.

More money really needs to go into testing this shit and finding ways to separate the tainted supplement users from the actual cheaters.

Forgot to mention - we do need to take into account modern advances and sensitivities of tests increasing as well. It may be possible that the sample in Jones' system from years ago has been decreasing but at the same time, testing limits have been increasing. Meaning that tests can increase smaller amounts. But if all other tests prior were clean then idk...
    Last edited by Shake; 12-25-2018 at 06:28 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Rogan is gonna have novitsky on Thursday to explain.

I believe it was stated that the test that picked up the trace amount was more sophisticated than the ones he's passed. Which is why it picked up such a small amount vs him passing every other test

Either way I bet UFC eventually says fuck USADA so we're all gonna be roided up

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

This is some of shadiest shit I can remember seeing for a long time. Everyone involved has lost credibility, USADA is a joke, the UFC is just some carny side show and Jones at some point we've all just got to accept the guys the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

When Nevada, the shadiest commission around don't want your dirty money you know somethings really not right.

Didn't the same thing they're claiming happened to Jones here also happen to Mir recently but he got suspended for two years? Just screams of the UFC and USADA, who are business partners, and Novitsky is a UFC employee now needing the money from a big card after what was a poor 2018 for them.

Why does this unlucky/shady shit never happen to DC, Whittaker, Woodley, etc? Its always Jones.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

God's Gift to God

Status

I mean I'm a Jones fan and have been disappointed in him but I'm not really buying into this being that shady. The entire Nevada commission was out of town and basically said fuck it we're on vacation. They're the joke here. Jones has been pulled from cards and had decisions reversed so I don't see why they would waste their time trying to cover anything up. The card is killer and will sell just fine. If anything it will do worse now because people are fed up of Jones.

If the CAC didn't so fully support the findings then I would agree it's shady. I'm just echoing Rogan here but he's right. CAC is top notch when it comes to regulations and fighter safety. Always have been. They wouldn't run a juiced fighter out there to make money.

On Vacation

Status

If this were Fedor or some other big name not signed to the UFC I wonder what Dana White would be saying about this?

I think we all know...

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I just refuse to believe that one fighter can call so many piss tests and not be a drug cheat. Is a coincidence that they guy that just so happens to be the GOAT of GOATS unintentionally takes more tainted supplements than anyone else, and constantly has some shady shit surrounding him?

Where there's smoke there's fire. And there's a lot of smoke around Jones. USADA had been losing credibility rapidly ever since they partnered up with the UFC. Commisions do dirty shit all the time, hell yeah there's every likelihood the CSAC are just thinking about the dirty money they can make here. USADA say its all good afterall...and the UFC is a scummy company run by douchebags and now more than they have since the early days desperately need that money. WME bought in right as the other shoe dropped and everyone stopped giving a shit about the UFC and all the stars left. Money talks, if this was some lowcard guy, not Jones who is one of their only money makers because of all the controversy around him, if this was Joe Schmo he'd be suspended for two years or more quickly as possible.
    Credit to Comeback Kid for the GFX

God's Gift to God

Status

With the Novitsky podcast out and so much detail into how the USADA testing is implemented with UFC, anyone wanting to comment on this situation needs to watch it first. There's way more information out there now. Not just about the Jones thing specifically, but the actual relationship between USADA and UFC as well as how this entire process plays out. There's a lot of weird misconceptions that have been spread that were not only cleared up, but all of the "murky" shit people can point to was explained in great detail.

If you watch and listen to the information presented and decide you still don't wanna buy it then you're just playing the contrarian card. There was so much good information unpacked there and it was really fascinating to hear. I know all the conspiracy theories won't be put to rest even though they were shot down in flames, but at least anyone with a reasonable mind can get this information and at least get straightened out with it.

Having said that, I hope Jones pisses hot with African Moonshark testosterone in his body and this entire thing was a waste of fucking time.

Status

I've read a bit, so I get the argument about why the test is possibly not legit. But honestly.... the UFC handled this awfully. Fucking over both an entire card worth of fighters and all those fans just so they could hold onto the main event when they obviously had other options is a terrible look. Especially given Jones' history. Their explanation looked terrible and shady as fuck, even if the situation wasn't. And then the way that both Jones and Dana White reacted to media questions about it.... seriously disgusting.

Its like the organization is just determined to kill any interest I had remaining in the sport
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I've read a bit, so I get the argument about why the test is possibly not legit. But honestly.... the UFC handled this awfully. Fucking over both an entire card worth of fighters and all those fans just so they could hold onto the main event when they obviously had other options is a terrible look. Especially given Jones' history. Their explanation looked terrible and shady as fuck, even if the situation wasn't. And then the way that both Jones and Dana White reacted to media questions about it.... seriously disgusting.

Its like the organization is just determined to kill any interest I had remaining in the sport
    What were UFC's other options for main event? I really don't know. Alex would lose his fight, so I think it's fine to salvage it. To me it was the perfect cluster of timing, holiday season, Nevada wasn't going to license Jones mainly for his past, but they weren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Novitsky really explained and answered every question I could think of. I now know what a metabolite is. I'm not a fan of Jones the person, love his talent, but he's a scumbag. I don't think he should be punished for something he's already been punished for. UFC took a bath in making the move, they'll lose money on this event. You can watch Bellator I guess, they don't test.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Miracle View Post
    What were UFC's other options for main event? I really don't know. Alex would lose his fight, so I think it's fine to salvage it. To me it was the perfect cluster of timing, holiday season, Nevada wasn't going to license Jones mainly for his past, but they weren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Novitsky really explained and answered every question I could think of. I now know what a metabolite is. I'm not a fan of Jones the person, love his talent, but he's a scumbag. I don't think he should be punished for something he's already been punished for. UFC took a bath in making the move, they'll lose money on this event. You can watch Bellator I guess, they don't test.
    Did you... did you make an account just to reply to me?

Based on join date, I'm guessing not lol

How many other times has the UFC moved an event when they lost a main event? I realize the circumstances are a bit different but injuries fuck with cards all the time. And they had another title fight on the card that is, arguably, one of the most important fights in women's MMA history. The first UFC I went to was absolutely ravaged by injuries, going from a strong PPV to a Fight Night caliber card in the couple of months between buying the ticket and the actual event. Its always a risk. But if they had moved it from Vegas on a few day's notice, I would have lost a couple at least a grand. The UFC losing money on this event bothers me nil. But fighters getting fucked over and a whole ton of fans getting it worse seems pretty shitty for the organization to be doing. Not really sorry that I feel like the 15,000 - 20,000 should be a consideration, not just the UFC protecting itself and a fighter who has, repeatedly, fucked them over and whom Dana White has said he would never work with again. Priorities, I guess.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread Information