Results 1,761 to 1,778 of 1778

Thread: Ring Of Honor Dark General Discussion Thread

World Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Why?
    I'd just be more interested in them returning to what they were doing before they got on TV. I'd rather have supercards only than have a weekly show to possibly need to keep up with to be able to fully understand the matches on the big shows. Also I just never really like ROH's TV very much.

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I'd just be more interested in them returning to what they were doing before they got on TV. I'd rather have supercards only than have a weekly show to possibly need to keep up with to be able to fully understand the matches on the big shows. Also I just never really like ROH's TV very much.
    Honestly i prefered the origibal format before any type of ROH tv existed. Even the hdnet days. i loved watching at my leisure dvd after dvd.

if you choose to follow ROH without tv...read results i guess.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

FUUCCKKK!!!!!

Zayne vs Swerve

That sounds awesome!!!!
    Big Tone giving back to the indies yet again!

Agreed EC, Denise must be slipping into the Quinn role.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Big Tone giving back to the indies yet again!

Agreed EC, Denise must be slipping into the Quinn role.
    Swerve isnt signed to AEW is he?

Edit:

Theres just speculation hes signed, For all we know he signed up for SCOH before this rumour came out.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-01-2022 at 10:46 PM.

World Champion

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor Dark General Discussion Thread

So Cary Silkin also technically I guess made it into this inaugural class. He was given the ROH Hall of Fame Legacy Award which seems to me as if it's essentially a HOF induction specifically for non-wrestlers. I always kinda feel like the additional levels to a HOF are pretty pointless, as you can just induct everyone in under the same banner but nonetheless... I definitely felt he was worthy of being in this first class so good for him and good on ROH for building about as good of a class as you could possibly hope for.

Cary's the obvious first legacy induction. I guess Gabe could have been an option, but Cary fits more than Gabe. The only other possiblilty I could have saw for the first induction was tributing Doug Gentry, but I suspect he'll be inducted at some point.

World Champion

Status

Been rewatching ROH 2010 to present. Its taken me a few months to get to 2013. Its been tough going to youtube and watching all promos and videowires/ inside ROH but totally worth it.

As always the Steen vs Generico feud was fantastic but so was KoW vs Briscoes feud and Tyler vs Aries and Associates. all three feuds produced quality matches. Haas and Benjamin facing KOW was awesome too

Chris Daniels in House of Truth in 2011 ruled. Truth Martini is an amazing promo. Eddie Edwards vs Strong at Manhattan. Mayhem is a legit 5 star match. loved it. Briscoes vs ANX was a fantastic feud as well. Steen doing promos outside of shows that year was genius. Also loved Corinos "in an evil person but im getting better each day storyline. Also the Bravados fuckin ruled on promos . i lost count how many times i lol at them especially when they got their asses kicked and they were overly wrapped up with bandages. Hass and Benjamin were decent this year but not nearly as good as 2010s matches

it was a decent year. Davey wasnt as annoying as i anticipated. i enjoyed Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reillys rise. i loved the Chikara inclusion and Steen calling Eddie Kingston a champion of a Mickey Mouse promotion. Speaking if Steen, him winning the belt off Davey was amazing. His interactions with Cornette were great too(outside the lawyer shit). Elgin was also pretty great this year as was Truth Martini's mic skills. Truth is severly underated. SCUMs formation was good stuff as well. Also C & C wrestle factory produced some great matches with the Bucks and Bravados. Mike Mondo was in ROH at this time too. This was Bennetts breakout year as he delivered some really good matches with Lance Storm. Also Maria Kannelis was the hottest woman in the industry

ill add my must see matches tomorrow
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-20-2022 at 08:08 PM.
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

World Champion

Status

From f4wrestling:

Tony Khan says he's been having conversations with WarnerMedia about the future of Ring of Honor.

The AEW President spoke with ESPN recently and said he hopes ROH will continue as a weekly series with major events similar to Supercard of Honor.

"I've been having more conversations with WarnerMedia about what we can do together to grow Ring of Honor," Khan said. "I think it would make sense for Ring of Honor to continue as a weekly series and major events, like we just had with Supercard."

"I think the success of Supercard, critically and commercially, will bode very well for WarnerMedia really taking an interest in Ring of Honor, as well as AEW. I think there's great potential to have a complementary wrestling brand."

Khan also revealed that he utilized AEW resources to produce Supercard of Honor with the permission of WarnerMedia.

"I did utilize some resources from AEW with permission from Warner with the understanding from them that I was not going to make this an AEW show. It would be a Ring of Honor show. I was asking them to utilize some AEW resources to make this a great pay-per-view event," he continued.

Earlier this week, Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that ROH Supercard of Honor did more than 20,000 buys on traditional PPV and streaming (not including Honor Club). Khan has said that more than 2000 fans attended the event live.
    We now live in a world where ROH might be shown on TruTV or even TBS/TNT for all we know. Damn.

World Champion

Status

So Death before Dishonor is coming up on July 23 in Lowell, Mass.

On ROHs facebook page, it seems they have a new logo. its not the one we saw a few months back. this one looks better. nothings been annouced in regards to a logo though

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Based around what we've seen on AEW, I'm guessing the card will look something like this:

Spoiler:

Gresham (c) vs. Moriarty
    Joe (c) vs. Lethal
    Martinez (c) vs. Deeb
    FTR (c) vs. ???
    Yuta (c) vs. Garcia

A solid looking show if it goes that way.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I don't know if they'll save it for a bigger AEW event, but I can just feel the Young Bucks versus FTR in a winner takes all match on the horizon. On a separate note, I find it really unusual that Gresham hasn't been on AEW since his initial involvement with the Joe/Jay storyline. I know he had a concussion and was over the United Kingdom for a bit, but if the above is true then that is such a random match. I am really happy to see ROH still going, but I just wish we could see some consistent movement or have an idea of what's intended, even if a TV deal hasn't landed.

As for the logo, it looks like it's been updated on their socials. I don't mind it, I preferred the current one as this feels very "let's pay homage to our/someone else's history", which can be a bit sickly when it's done so many times by one company. It was definitely the better option of the newer ones.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I don't know if they'll save it for a bigger AEW event, but I can just feel the Young Bucks versus FTR in a winner takes all match on the horizon. On a separate note, I find it really unusual that Gresham hasn't been on AEW since his initial involvement with the Joe/Jay storyline. I know he had a concussion and was over the United Kingdom for a bit, but if the above is true then that is such a random match. I am really happy to see ROH still going, but I just wish we could see some consistent movement or have an idea of what's intended, even if a TV deal hasn't landed.

As for the logo, it looks like it's been updated on their socials. I don't mind it, I preferred the current one as this feels very "let's pay homage to our/someone else's history", which can be a bit sickly when it's done so many times by one company. It was definitely the better option of the newer ones.
    They're definitely moving towards Bucks/FTR for all the belts, which I imagine will take place at All Out.

As for the bolded part, my favourite example of this is AEW doing those daily "This Day in AEW History" tweets when the company has only been around for 3 years.

​​​

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    They're definitely moving towards Bucks/FTR for all the belts, which I imagine will take place at All Out.

As for the bolded part, my favourite example of this is AEW doing those daily "This Day in AEW History" tweets when the company has only been around for 3 years.

But people might forget the 20 signings in the first half of 2022 or the opening of the Forbidden Door when NJPW co-hosted a PPV!

Squash Fodder

Status

if you choose to follow ROH without tv...read results i guess.
    I started watching ROH in 2009 and have been off and on with them ever since. So I know I missed a bunch of amazing stuff. What's one ROH match you would recommend watching for someone who enjoys the ROH style?

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleRacer91 View Post
    I started watching ROH in 2009 and have been off and on with them ever since. So I know I missed a bunch of amazing stuff. What's one ROH match you would recommend watching for someone who enjoys the ROH style?
    throughout the companies history?

Danielson vs Strong - Vendetta
    Briscoes vs Steen and Generico - Manhattan Mayhem 2
    Austin Aries vs Nigel Mcguiness - Rise Above 2007

i have a list in the indy section of must watch matches as well
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-07-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

How about Low Ki vs. Daniels vs. Danielson from The Era of Honor Begins? I've always loved that one.

​​​

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    How about Low Ki vs. Daniels vs. Danielson from The Era of Honor Begins? I've always loved that one.
    Really great match!!! And its a breeze to watch too

World Champion

Status

Huge rumour/news. Kahn signed Briscoes to ROH for a long term contract

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.f4w...-roh-contracts

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889

Thread Information