Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

World Champion

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Wrestling Goddest

Status
      Country                    United States

This is what happens when big, outside corporations get involved.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

I'm cool. I think

Status
      Country                    UK

Sinclair Broadcasting, the parent company of Ring Of Honor, issued a press release with their third quarter financial results for 2021 and it’s pretty clear why the decision was made for ROH to go on hiatus and why they released everyone from their contracts.

According to the financial results, they have $12,530 million worth of debut and most of that ($8,124 million) is due to their streaming service (Diamond Sports Group LLC) that they have been working on launching.
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/11/03/roh-owner-sinclair-broadcasting-reports-millions-in-debt/
    " I have this weird self-esteem issue where I hate myself but still think I’m better than everyone else."

Status

What a weird way for them to show the debt. $8,124 million is $8.124 billion, Ringsidenews.

I talked about this on the previous page. They paid $10.6 billion for a group of regional sports networks, of which they borrowed $8b to make happen, and then had to take a $4.23b write-down in value almost immediately. Regional sports networks are getting harder to keep profitable. Broadcast rights for major sports, even for a single sport, are expensive. And RSN's, by their nature, have limited viewership. The intent of Sinclair was to roll these broadcast deals into a streaming service, but the leagues aren't okay with this. If MLB, the NBA, or the NHL is going to allow for an all-inclusive streaming service, they are either going to get hundreds of billions from an existing service like Netflix or Amazon, or remove the middle-man and launch a service on their own.

Sinclair might have just sunk themselves as a company with this move. ROH is just collateral damage.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread Information