Page 352 of 352 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352
Results 7,021 to 7,032 of 7032

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Aston Villa have permanently signed Coutinho. 20m plus a sell-on. I didn't find him that impressive but I definitely haven't watched every Villa match since he joined.

As if on queue, the Lewandowski to Barcelona rumors ramp up.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Yeah Barca are still in financial difficulties aren't they, that's why the whole De Jong rumour is floating around as Xavi wants squad improvement and sees Frenkie as the one he could move on for decent money and reinvest.

Not sure they should look at relying on Auba and Lewa as a strikeforce though...a combined age of 65 leading your attack haha.

I've had a laugh at some of the Villa supports on Social Media mind, believing they'll get Kamara and Nunez to go alongside Coutinho.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Internet Favorite

Status

I think Coutinho has done well at Villa since he signed, he's definitley given them a lift and has definitely been more of a hit than a miss. It's a good signing for them to get him permanenetly for the next 4 years, that's basically the reainder of what should be his peak years. I think it's a move that suits the player too. Far less pressure on him so he's able to just play his game, plus the link he has with Gerrard would ahve been a factor for him.

I'm not sure what to think about the de Jong rumors. I've honestly not seen him play much but I'm aware that he's very good (or at least has that potential in him), though hasn't always showed that at Barca. Is he a player we need? He would pretty much be replacing Pogpa in our squad so that's fine, though where then would Van de Beek fit in? Surely he's going to get an opportunity now under Ten Hag? I'm more concerned about who we get into the team to play in the DM role personally. There's been little to no news on that front which is concerning to me as that's arguably the biggest hole we have to fill alongside the defense, particulary both full back positions.

Status

So Bayern confirmed today that Robert Lewandowski does want to leave the club. Destination: Barcelona. Interesting to see if Barca can afford both a transfer fee and the contract. But that's going to leave Bayern looking for a high-impact striker.

Big rumors that Arsenal are in for Scottish fullback Aaron Hickey from Bologna. He would be a strong addition and can play on either side. Tomiyasu is a key player and so is Tierney, but poor Tierney can't stay healthy. Cedric is a liability at times and Tavares is just.... chaos.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

There's a few teams in for Hickey aren't there?

Barca's Lewa deal is surely dependant on outgoings anyway so that one may drag on for a while.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    There's a few teams in for Hickey aren't there?

Barca's Lewa deal is surely dependant on outgoings anyway so that one may drag on for a while.
    Think Hickey has been linked with a bunch of English clubs and at least a few Italian ones.

Given that its Arsenal, there is every chance this is a bunch of bullshit. Maybe he's not on their radar and this is just his agent spinning tales. Or maybe they are interested and he has no intention of moving to Arsenal. Or it could be the Wenger special, where the player is interested and the club is interested, but the club is willing to pay like 1/3 of what his current club wants for him.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Just means you'll end up with Lingard....sorry

Perisic to Chelsea seems to be the most random one i've seen the past few days too.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Non-Binary Finery

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Hickey at Arsenal I'm not against, but seeing him playin for fuckin Hearts team that lost to St Mirren 3 years ago to being linked with a top 6 club is a pure mindfuck

WWE 2022 - Now in the BTB Section

Status

So one of the big transfer possibilities this summer is Robert Lewandowski. Listened to a podcast on it and thought it enlightened me on a few things, so I figured I'd share.

Lewandowski has decided to leave Bayern Munich. This has been rumored for months - years even - but confirmed by the club recently. He is under contract for another year so its far from certain he will leave this summer. Barcelona supposedly have a deal in place with the player.

Lewa has been with Bayern since 2014 and he has scored 238 goals in 253 league matches. 344 total goals in 375 total matches for Bayern, including 69 in European competition. He is, quite simply, one of the most productive strikers ever in a top level league. He is 33 now, but extremely fit and professional in his approach, and he has actually improved as a player in recent seasons. He is, in a real sense, irreplaceable for Bayern.

When he joined Bayern, he moved from Dortmund on a free. I have heard he was wanting to leave Dortmund after the 2012-2013 season, and may have even be promised a move. But that move was denied as Dortmund were unwilling to sell him to Bayern due to the way that Bayern signed Mario Gotze - activating his release clause (valid) and announcing it right before the two sides played in the Champions League final (dirty trick). So Dortmund said no to a sale (and probably 30 or 40m) and accepted that he would leave on a free. What I didn't realize was how much Lewa lashed out over that. Or maybe specifically his representation did. Apparently his agent at the time was constantly contact Dortmund to claim they were running Lewa's career, that they were evil, that he would go on strike, not turn up to training anymore, etc. In the end, Dortmund gave him a pay raise without actually extending his contract - something that almost never happens. I never quite understood why they did that, but finding out about the agent being a pain in the ass kinda makes it make some sense.

I feel that perception inside of Germany and those who pay close attention to the Bundesliga is a bit different than what the wide footballing media presents about Lewandowski. The player seems to be generally viewed as a highly professional athlete. And in many ways he is. But there has been background drama that doesn't always seem to get attention. Which is actually true of Bayern as a club. There is that "Hollywood FC" history in the not too distant past, but the way they are perceived by media outside of Germany is mostly as a highly-successful, extremely well-run model of a club. Again, in some ways accurate. But there is still some degree of disfunction. Whether that's the continued influence of Uli Hoeness or the degree of influence that Thomas Mueller has, basically a kingmaker within the squad when it comes to managers. Lewandowski has angled to leave Bayern before - I wanna day it was around 2018?

So the reason for posting all of this is the moving pieces involved here. Lewandowski wants to leave and has communicated that to the club. By all reports, he wants to leave this summer. Bayern seem unwilling to accommodate that. Part of that is because there is no one out there who could adequately replace Lewa's goal production. Partly because of some personal grudges. This is something I wasn't aware of, but apparently Lewa's agent - Pini Zhavi - had some kind of falling out with Hoeness in contract negotiations. That had an impact on Bayern's inability to agree a new contract with David Alaba, who is also repped by Zhavi. And now part of Bayern's reluctance to sell is going to determination not to let Zhavi dictate things and benefit from a move to Barcelona. Now Hoeness no longer holds an official position at Bayern, but sporting director Salihamidzic is seen as "his guy" at the club so he's still exerting heavy influence.

For their part, Barcelona could definitely benefit from adding a top level goal-scorer. They have other needs, too, and Lewa would be a short-term solution. But he would be a good addition. However, Barcelona seem to be working with a specific approach since they still have financial limitations - beyond the obvious deals for out-of-contract players, they are also approaching players still under contract with other clubs and agreeing terms with the agent (assumingly paying some hefty agent fees) and then expecting the current clubs to agree a bargain deal because the player and agent will leverage things. That is what is happening with Chelsea and Cesar Azpilicueta. Not sure that is going to work at Bayern, especially with the Zhavi-Hoeness dynamic. Bayern don't need to sell. But unless they blow Bayern away with an offer, then it seems unlikely.

PSG are another possible destination for Lewandowski. United have been linked at times as well but that could just be agent talk.

Now if Bayern did sell Lewandowski, who do they buy? They apparently made a late play for Haaling, but obviously failed. That almost certainly would have been done with the idea that Lewa leaves this summer as Lewa and Haaland together seems unlikely. Bayern have been linked with an interesting move for Sadio Mane, who makes less than you realize at Liverpool. But I'm not sure that really replaces the center forward need.

With the Mbappe saga seemingly reaching its end soon, this might be the most interesting transfer saga of the summer, even if it doesn't get quite as much chatter.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Wouldn't shock me to see Bayern go for Jesus..though I hear they've been linked with Kaladzic or however it is spelled haha!

Dean Henderson set to join Newcastle for about £30m...poor Dubravka.

#ShadeWinsLOL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Wouldn't shock me to see Bayern go for Jesus..though I hear they've been linked with Kaladzic or however it is spelled haha!

Dean Henderson set to join Newcastle for about £30m...poor Dubravka.
    Was going to mention that Jesus might not be the worst fit there.

Kalajdzic is interesting. I love me a tall striker, and they are extra fun when they basically a 2 meter beanpole. His goal tally dropped a bit this season but Stuttgart have been really poor and he was injured some.

Part of what makes Bayern so intriguing is that they can afford to spend big. They basically just choose not to. They do pay some hefty wages. The podcast pointed out that Kingsley Coman makes about 3 times what Sadio Mane does at Liverpool.

Arsenal sold Mavropanos to Stuttgart for like 5m. Pretty good defender but not really the kind of player Arsenal seem to want.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Not sure I've ever seen a "will he, won't he" go back and forth quite as quickly and dramatically as Mbappe. PSG are basically offering to let him run the club if he stays. Fucking unreal.

So United fans... what y'all gonna do with Anthony Martial next season? Dude's loan to Sevilla has been a flop of the highest order. Dude is making $250k per week and has 2 years left on his deal. Can't imagine he's going to be the easiest player to move on.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 352 of 352 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352

Thread Information