Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The LIVE! Thread...

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The LIVE! Thread...

Just got tickets to see Tool for the first time ever in 2022. Stoked.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just got tickets to see Tool for the first time ever in 2022. Stoked.
    Same! Thank god for having an O2 sim just for priority tix. Was getting offered nosebleed sections at first but managed for get great seats after 10 minutes of constant refreshing. Buzzing

WAKE UP

Status

Managed to get to my first gig in almost 2 years last night and saw IDLES in Brixton. They were fantastic, blew away my already high expectations. Incredible energy, sounded amazing, brilliant set.

I need to get more tix booked up now.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Tool were predictably great and it was a true bucket list moment to finally see them after all these years. Danny Carey is the best drummer I've ever seen live.

Spoiler:

I hope you liked Fear Inoculum Steve as they played practically every song off it and then only 3-4 of the past tracks. To be expected I guess off the 'Fear Inoculum Tour'. Pneuma and Invincible came off great live.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

WAKE UP

Status

I'm probably in the same boat as you where just seeing them is enough. It's 2022, I'm not expecting them to blow my mind. Plus I do like Fear Innoculum, even if it is their 5th best album.

Status

Tool are pretty much the only band left on my bucket list. I missed a couple chances to see them over the year, and I'm not sure I'll manage it at this point. Even pre-pandemic, my interest in going to concerts had slowly dropped. Even if they make it back around to these parts some day, I'm not sure how far out of my way I'd go to see them.

I did see A Perfect Circle at a summer festival 22 years ago. I still recall it surprisingly well. The other acts at that show included Finger Eleven, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, and The Smashing Pumpkins. None of them touched APC. Been to what I think is a pretty decent volume of shows over the years - Metallica more times than i can count, Pantera, Guns n Roses, Ozzy, Rolling Stones, Nickelback way more than I want to admit, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden, Korn, Filter, Fozzy, Megadeth, Black Label Society, Nine Inch Nails, Everclear, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, and others. (sorry for the long-ass list, but I fell down the rabbit hole of looking at shows and festivals I've been to). A Perfect Circle sounded better, tighter, and more concise than any other band I've seen. The crazy thing was they weren't even a proper band in the traditional sense. Maynard has such a powerful voice but it wasn't just that - everyone was just perfectly attuned to the everyone else.

I assume he still has he vocal power?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

WAKE UP

Status

I saw APC a few years ago and he was still pretty good live

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

I saw Tool back in January 2020, it was the last concert iirc that I saw before the pandemic. It was a pretty solid show from what I remember.

I’ll be seeing Limp Bizkit at the end of May and later in June I’ll be seeing Tenacious D. I’m super stoked for both shows, Bizkit was my favorite band back in high school over 20 years ago so I’ll feel like I’m back in my teens without a care in the world when I see them live.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

World Champion

Status

Going to see A Wilhelm Scream tonight at a small venue. the bar isnt small itself as theres 3 floors, but the stage area is. Its going to be awesome as you can literally wrap your arm around the band. Best setting for music is when the band is that close. Only 25.00!!
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Tool were predictably great and it was a true bucket list moment to finally see them after all these years. Danny Carey is the best drummer I've ever seen live.

Spoiler:

I hope you liked Fear Inoculum Steve as they played practically every song off it and then only 3-4 of the past tracks. To be expected I guess off the 'Fear Inoculum Tour'. Pneuma and Invincible came off great live.
    Saw them Monday. Way above my expectations honestly. They dropped 'Ticks & Leaches' and we lost our shit. Maynard can still bring it and he had a ton of energy, and wasn't totally hidden at the back thankfully. Agreed on Danny Carey being the best drummer I've ever seen. 'Invincible' as the closer was incredible.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Saw them Monday. Way above my expectations honestly. They dropped 'Ticks & Leaches' and we lost our shit. Maynard can still bring it and he had a ton of energy, and wasn't totally hidden at the back thankfully. Agreed on Danny Carey being the best drummer I've ever seen. 'Invincible' as the closer was incredible.
    Nice! I'd of loved to hear Ticks & Leaches (looking at the set list we got Hooker with a Penis over it) but I could have said that about a dozen other tracks. Agreed on Maynard not being hidden all night.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads

Status
      Country                    United States

Gorillaz are doing a world tour & will be near me in October. Considering Damon Albarn has created some of my favorite music ever. I really need to get a ticket and go.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post
    Gorillaz are doing a world tour & will be near me in October. Considering Damon Albarn has created some of my favorite music ever. I really need to get a ticket and go.
    Saw them touring the Humanz album few years ago at the O2 and they were excellent, definitely recommended!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread Information