View Poll Results: Wrestlemania 17 vs SummerSlam 2013

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wrestlemania 17

    30 81.08%
  • SummerSlam 2013

    7 18.92%
Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160
Results 3,181 to 3,194 of 3194

Thread: General WWE Discussion

  1. #3181
    [be more kind]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,774
    Rep Power
    3045963
      Country                    England

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    It's a much bigger deal for us UKers having PPV's on a Saturday. Much easier to stay up for or watch in the morning easily avoiding spoilers. I imagine for North Americans it doesn't make too big a difference.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  2. #3182
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    1610969

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    It's a much bigger deal for us UKers having PPV's on a Saturday. Much easier to stay up for or watch in the morning easily avoiding spoilers. I imagine for North Americans it doesn't make too big a difference.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Are you crazy bro? ..of course it makes a difference in North America....Now people like me can get fucked up as much as they want while they watch ppvs with no fear of being too screwed up for work.

    Personally most ppvs i watch are on Friday or Saturdays anyway so it doesnt do much for me since i dont watch wwe ppvs.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  3. #3183
    [be more kind]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,774
    Rep Power
    3045963
      Country                    England

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Are you crazy bro? ..of course it makes a difference in North America....Now people like me can get fucked up as much as they want while they watch ppvs with no fear of being too screwed up for work.

    Personally most ppvs i watch are on Friday or Saturdays anyway so it doesnt do much for me since i dont watch wwe ppvs.
    That's fair enough. Didn't consider that haha

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  4. #3184
    World Champion

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,916
    Rep Power
    3849777
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    I'm an American who doesn't really give a fuck. I'll get hammered until 2 AM on a Sunday and be at work at 6 on Monday but fortunately I can do that because it's not like I'm doing heart surgery or something.

  5. #3185
    World Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,181
    Rep Power
    1610969

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I'm an American who doesn't really give a fuck. I'll get hammered until 2 AM on a Sunday and be at work at 6 on Monday but fortunately I can do that because it's not like I'm doing heart surgery or something.
    i used to be able to handle that but now with kids and the fact work on machines at work, i cant get hammered anymore....atleast not on Sundays.
    Wrestling fans need to give Ring of Honor a chance again.

  6. #3186

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    ….until the Royal rumble gets so big IT NEEDS TWO NIGHTS like mania.
    Honestly, I can see that happening as early as 2022 and it making sense. With two Rumble matches, it already sometimes feels too long with some random filler matches. Keep both nights at just three hours and you could easily make this a reality with one night with the men's Rumble and the women's title matches and the second night the women's Rumble and the men's title matches.

  7. #3187
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    995042
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Well that's just stupid. I'm against big shows being multiple nights. Next thing is a week long Wrestlemania and 6 more PPVs like Wrestlemania Backlash...

  8. #3188

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Well that's just stupid. I'm against big shows being multiple nights. Next thing is a week long Wrestlemania and 6 more PPVs like Wrestlemania Backlash...
    I mean, it kind of was this year with two nights of Wrestlemania, two nights of NXT TakeOver, Smackdown, Raw, and that's not even counting all of the non-WWE events that is taking place that same week.

  9. #3189
    p a r t t i m e r
    ranthellacious's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    1866777
      Country                    Canada

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Honestly, I can see that happening as early as 2022 and it making sense. With two Rumble matches, it already sometimes feels too long with some random filler matches. Keep both nights at just three hours and you could easily make this a reality with one night with the men's Rumble and the women's title matches and the second night the women's Rumble and the men's title matches.
    When you break it down like that, i would almost prefer it. Damn.


  10. #3190
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    995042
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I mean, it kind of was this year with two nights of Wrestlemania, two nights of NXT TakeOver, Smackdown, Raw, and that's not even counting all of the non-WWE events that is taking place that same week.
    Yep and I watched exactly one match from the whole thing... There is way too much filler nowadays

  11. #3191
    Intercontinental Champion
    Tommy Thunder's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    1,710
    Rep Power
    392545
      Country                    Wales

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    When I was a student (and bumming around for a few years after graduating) then yeah, I didn't give a shit about staying up until 4am on a Sunday, getting fucked up and watching a wrestling ppv. I gladly did it on a regular basis and even stay up to watch Raw and Smackdown on a regular basis. However, now with me starting work at 5:30am then it's not possible for me to stay up to watch anything. I could stay up to watch Smackdown but frankly I have better things to do with my Friday nights these days.

    Saturday ppv however, while it's unlikely that I'd stay up to watch given that I'm not THAT interested and I'm happy to just catch up in my own time, I'm 100% more likely to at least give it the time of day than if it was on a Sunday.

  12. #3192
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,001
    Rep Power
    995042
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    SmackDown was a great show. The promos from Edge and Rollins were top notch. The contract signing was incredible and has me hyped up for Crown Jewel.

  13. #3193
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Slam Diego
    Posts
    10,224
    Rep Power
    2453490
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Agreed, SmackDown was great last night. I especially loved Becky vs Sasha that was an awesome match. Finn vs Sami was a lot of fun too and that contract signing was perfect.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Letterboxd

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  14. #3194
    World Champion

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,916
    Rep Power
    3849777
      Country                    United States

    Re: General WWE Discussion

    Yeah I thought the ending of the contract signing segment was basically perfect and easily the highlight of the entire show for me. Never thought we'd see a new version of Brock Lesnar at this stage of his career, but I'm thankful we are. He feels rejuvenated with this new persona, and I'm hopeful that he still has one semi-full time run left in him and it isn't just popping up for one feud every three or four months from here on out. Paul Heyman should be the highest paid man in WWE for his work making Roman Reigns into an undeniable top guy act, and all he's had to do with helping to make Smackdown the new A-show in WWE.

    Also fuck whoever was supposed to make the Smackdown thread yesterday and forgot. What a jackass.

Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •