Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2047

Thread: Review the last wrestling match you watched

Re: Review the last wrestling match you watched

Triple H vs CM Punk - Street Fight - Night of Champions 2011
    To think, I went from watching Misawa vs Kawada to this. This is classic overbooking if there was ever an example. I really loved the 1999 main event style match before all of the run ins. It was just a fun brawl with plenty of action in the crowd and different stuff to get the fans into the match. That quality drops the moment The Miz and R-Truth runs out. Not only does it disrupt the flow of the match, it begins a run of poor decisions in logic. For one, you had Truth disrupting a CM Punk pin. Why would he do that? Wasn't the entire purpose of Miz/Truth coming out was to ensure that Triple H lost and thus was fired as CEO? Speaking of which, why was the CEO on the line? If Trips won, he didn't get anything out of it. However, despite winning, Hunter was fired less than a month later. So really, what was the point of this match? You only gave CM Punk yet another loss during a time period when he shouldn't be losing. Everything about this from a booking standpoint SUCKED. It's a real shame because the actual brawl before the interference was hell of a fun ride. This just sums up the WWE in 2011 nicely. Everything starts off really well, but the WWE ruins it with stupid booking. I'm all in favor of editing this match so that we cut from Punk and Hunter selling in the ring (After the awesome elbow through the table spot) to Hunter winning with the Pedigree. Nearly a MOTYC hurt tremendously into just being a fine match. 3 Stars.

John Cena (c) vs CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio - WWE World Title - Hell in a Cell 2011
    This is more like it. Booking wise, the only thing I didn't like was that CM Punk once again lost. It makes little sense to have the guy lose on so many PPV's when you still plan on putting the belt on him. While this is a common theme in recent HIAC's, the lack of blood and violence takes away some of it's mystique. Still, you had an enjoyable match with Punk taking some hellacious bumps against the steel fencing. Loved Del Rio's plan to lock Cena out of the Cell, even if Michael Cole was wrong (Imagine that) about it being the first time he ever saw anyone do that (Legacy did it to Triple H in 2009). They kept a really fast pace, perhaps they should have sold more, but it didn't bother me much. The fast pace allowed the action never to die down and bring in any dull moments. Clocking in around twenty-five minutes, it could have easily became boring with a slower pace. It's not quite WWE MOTYC territory, but it's safely the MOTN. The post-match angle is pretty awesome and helps make Truth and Miz look like a real threat. Pity they killed that off. 3 3/4 Stars.

Mark Henry (c) vs The Big Show - World Heavyweight Title - Vengeance 2011
    Proof that with the right booking, even two big lugs like The Big Show and Mark Henry can have a great match. They did a swell job at showcasing the battle of the behemoths. It was like watching some of those old Godzilla movies where he battles other monsters. The very beginning of both guys going at it and late in the match as they slowly stand up, eying each other as they go for the double closeline spot are probably two of the best little moments of the year. They played to the feud by having Henry work over Show's previously injured leg. That became even better when Show told the Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania 3 body slam spot of failing to hit it the first time (Leg gave out), but manages to hit it before the end of the match. Both guys hit their big moves, but are unable to get the win. This causes both to do the unthinkable and consider going to the top rope. The finish may have just been Lesnar/Show retold, but it was still an exciting moment that got the crowd to go ape****. It took Mark Henry fifteen years before he produced a memorable and quality match, but he finally put on a hell of a show. 3 1/2 Stars.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Have you seen his title win over Orton? I think that's even better than the Vengeance match, to be honest.

I've still got to rewatch the triple threat from HIAC. I remember it being very good, so it might end up making my top 25 matches list.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    Have you seen his title win over Orton? I think that's even better than the Vengeance match, to be honest.
    Yeah, I saw the title win. I dug the story, but still found it boring. The Vengeance match to be leagues better.

Rey Mysterio vs R-Truth - Over the Limit 2011
    I'm glad the WWE has finally found some value in Killings through his comedy because the poor guy is an average worker at best. Even here against Mysterio, he doesn't really do anything to make me think he's a better wrestler than 3/4 of the WWE roster. Due to the match being fairly short and only having the purpose to help get Truth's new gimmick over, Mysterio didn't seem to be in the mood to try too hard to carry Truth to a great match. As a result, we have a Raw quality match on PPV. I did dig Truth's smart idea of pulling the ring apron out so Mysterio badly crotches himself. Truth winning (Mostly) cleanly gave this match a purpose. Just good enough to be a non-offensive addition on a rather unremarkable PPV. 2 1/2 Stars.

The Miz, R-Truth and Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston and John Morrison - Summerslam 2011
    A fun little throwback to Summerslams of yesteryear. The WWE did a good job at hiding Mysterio's injury by allowing Kingston and Morrison to handle most of the workload for their team. This match was really all about Morrison and Kingston. Both guys hit the biggest spots and helped put the heels over. Thanks to their little dual kip up, Kingston and Morrison seems like they could have been a pretty good tag team had Kingston not been put with Evan Bourne. Miz's Silver Slice (PWG's own Quicksilver's old finisher of a snapmare into a DDT like move) was pretty sick with Kingston selling it to the best of his RVD impersonation. Just a perfect little way to open up any PPV with a fast pace, some babyface selling, plenty of spots and giving Mysterio the win to keep him strong into his title match the next night. 3 Stars.

This is the YES Movement

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I recently watched the 6 Man tag from SS on Classics.

John Morrison vs Sheamus from TLC 2010
    I really enjoyed this match. If memory serves me correct, it was the blow off to their feud? May be wrong. This match was for the number one contendership for the WWE Championship (Which was a great match on the first Raw of 2011). While you may be thinking that it was only high spots. There was a lot of psychology in the match. Morrison was outperforming everyone in WWE and Sheamus was just starting to come into his own. I truly believe that this match set the stage for Sheamus to become what he is today on Smackdown. Morrison had some amazing selling with his leg, I truly believed that he was hurt. In the end, Morrison retrieved the contract after he kicked Sheamus down. ​4 Stars.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Best ladder match in years. Those two had great chemistry and Morrison's selling was fantastic throughout. It probably has my favourite finish to a ladder match that I can recall (second maybe only to Jericho/Michaels) and some of the falls were fantastic. They focused more on the story, which made for a much better match.

I'd go as far to say that it's the second best one-on-one ladder match that I've seen, behind Jericho/Benoit.

Shock Reviews Archive

This is the YES Movement

Status

Are you talking about the Benoit/Jericho match from the Rumble? I noticed it's on the Ladder Match 1 DVD. Also, I think I know why WWE got rid of the inserts. I was looking through my DVD's and noticed my Ladder Match 1 insert had gunk on it and I tried to get it off with a baby wipe. Pretty much ruined the backing of it. I should've mentioned that I wasn't expecting much at all from Sheamus vs Morrison but I was pleasantly surprised.

Sheamus vs Morrison is really good, but I'd still rank both Razor/Michaels, Jericho/Benoit and Rock/Hunter as all being better. I'd need to give Christian/RVD and Michaels/Hart a rewatch to see if they're better.

Sweet Meat

Status

Jericho/Michaels is easily better too, though I really loved Morrison/Sheamus.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Damn, I knew I'd forget one. I'd probably put Rock/HHH above it too. The Razor/HBK matches are good, but I don't think they've aged well at all. That's not a criticism against the match because they can't help that. They're still very good matches and obviously innovative and way before their time, but time hasn't been kind to them. I remember enjoying the Summerslam match a little more but I'll be giving both of them a rewatch soon.

And Duster, yeah I was talking about Benoit/Jericho from the Royal Rumble.

Shock Reviews Archive

Ugh. I hated Michaels/Jericho. That's a perfect example of the issue I have with ladder matches.

This is the YES Movement

Status

I'll be watching some ladder matches later today. I think the next I'll review is Edge vs Taker from ONS 2008.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

This is the YES Movement

Status

The thing I hated most about Jericho vs Michaels is that it seemed like it didn't mean anything. Adamle randomly announced Jericho vs Michaels for No Mercy on Raw. I think Jericho won a 4 Way match or something and Michaels appeared on the tron. The Unsanctioned Match should've been the blow off to the feud.

Tommy Got Hacked

I wouldn't say it didn't mean anything, but it was a little weird. They seemingly finished the feud at Unforgiven only for them to restart it for one last match. A little weird, but still fine. Doesn't matter though, I still hated the match.

Tommy Got Hacked

People's Champion

Status

There is the worst kind of botch in that Jericho vs HBK ladder match. It was so bad they removed from dvds lol. Jericho pulled the ladder on top of himself during the match lol. Id expect more from a pro to innovate on the spot. I'm not a fan of the match either.

They probably should have just had Michaels win it. Jericho's reign was fairly unremarkable losing it to Batista for a few days and then just keeping the belt warm until Cena returned. Instead, just have Michaels win the belt at No Mercy and hold on to it until the Rumble so he can lose it to Cena so the 2009 title history can remain the same.

Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information