Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201
Results 4,001 to 4,019 of 4019

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    I would like to add Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler and Kazarian vs. Christian Cage to the list of best singles ladder matches.
    I guess, technically, Kaz/Christian is the only ladder match in history that was voted as being WC's MOTY. So...I guess that's WC's pick for best ever ladder match?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I guess, technically, Kaz/Christian is the only ladder match in history that was voted as being WC's MOTY. So...I guess that's WC's pick for best ever ladder match?
    That's still bizarre to me considering it's the year of Bryan vs Morishima/Nigel, the Briscoes against just about everyone on earth, Cena vs Umaga. Heck I wouldn't even call it the best TNA match of the year with Roode vs Storm around either.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    That's still bizarre to me considering it's the year of Bryan vs Morishima/Nigel, the Briscoes against just about everyone on earth, Cena vs Umaga. Heck I wouldn't even call it the best TNA match of the year with Roode vs Storm around either.
    Back then, I don't believe there was much, if any, ROH talk on WC (Actually, I'm not sure if it was called WC then). The recency bias of Genesis taking place in November probably played a big part in the vote as well.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Surprised that no one has mentioned Jericho vs Michaels yet. I recently went though their PPV matches recently and the ladder match was the one that stood out as great above the rest which didn't live up to anywhere near that. It's funny because that match either gets major hate in some circles or total reverence in others. On here, it's just ignored

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Surprised that no one has mentioned Jericho vs Michaels yet. I recently went though their PPV matches recently and the ladder match was the one that stood out as great above the rest which didn't live up to anywhere near that. It's funny because that match either gets major hate in some circles or total reverence in others. On here, it's just ignored
    Jim did list Jericho/Michaels in his.

I haven't seen Sheamus/Morrison since it happened, but I know at the time I didn't rate it as highly as others do. Because of how into their feud I was, I'd say Miz Vs Ziggler is my favourite 1 on 1 ladder match in recent history.

Unless I'm forgetting something, has WWE never done a straight up 1 on 1 ladder match with the women? I know there's MITB matches and the Asuka/Charlotte/Becky TLC match, but seems odd for how much they love that match stipulation and love touting FIRST TIME EVERS that the women haven't done one.

At all these matches are better than Elgin Vs Omega and their ladder match

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

There was a women's 1 on 1 ladder match between Beth and Katie Lee Burchill in OVW, but that's about it.

I don't care for Michaels vs Jericho.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

I actually don't think I've ever seen Jericho Vs Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Unless I'm forgetting something, has WWE never done a straight up 1 on 1 ladder match with the women? I know there's MITB matches and the Asuka/Charlotte/Becky TLC match, but seems odd for how much they love that match stipulation and love touting FIRST TIME EVERS that the women haven't done one.
    NXT did one just six months ago.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Mia Yim vs Io Shirai, yeah. Never got round to watching that. Or I don't remember it if I did.

Status
      Country                    United States

Bro, Vince Russo follows me on Twitter lol

Run

Status

Anyone else find it fascinating that the ratings for both WWE & AEW keep dropping despite having a trapped audience and minimal competition? Really not a good look for either company.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

To be honest people are probably concentrating on other things rather than watching Wrestling. Numbers will go back to normal when things start getting back to err normal.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    To be honest people are probably concentrating on other things rather than watching Wrestling. Numbers will go back to normal when things start getting back to err normal.
    That's the concern though. Numbers don't always bounce back. It doesn't help matters that TV ratings tend to be at their peak every year in the first quarter. Instead, all of this mess happened and there were some pretty awful ratings. Considering how important the TV rights contracts are, this could be a pretty messy situation for the WWE if the numbers don't bounce back and it's time to renew TV rights.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Both companies deserve it.

Run

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I know other things are happening, but there's still TV schedules to fill with a lot of gaps right now. Both companies, through the risks they're taking, are in an ideal position to draw new viewers and they're doing the opposite.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Both companies deserve it.

I have to agree with this. I get they feel they have a moral obligation to entertain fans during these times, but the cost outweighs it.

Im happy with what ROH is doing with this time off. They are using their tv slot to put out mini docs on their wrestlers. Obviously that can only go for so long but its still content and it keeps their employees and talent safe.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

I would imagine that one of the reasons why WWE is still running shows is because they're hoping to maintain an audience as it would be the first time in WWE history that the company would be on hiatus. The company doesn't have any past experience to look towards to prove that the audience that was there in early March would have still been there once arenas were opened up again. So to still be running shows while ratings are dropping hard, it's probably quite the frustration for Vinnie Mac.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I think they've lost their audience for a while. And I don't think it'll comeback when crowd shows start up again either. It'll take a lot to bring them back.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I've been continuing my rewatch of 2001 WWE. I don't think it's a stretch to call the first 6 months the best WWE ever was. The ppvs all ranged from great to decent. The TV episodes seemed to always have a good match. The backstage segments and stories were interesting and for the most part made sense.

The only thing I can say I didn't like was the post WM push of Undertaker. Plus the women's division is really quite bad of course.

I love the little feuds and how easy stories were blended together. For example I think the Spike/Molly stuff was superb and they brought legit main eventers like Austin and Angle into it on random TV shows.

Unfortunately I've just hit the actual invasion parts so I know where it's going now. But I cannot stress how awesome the first six months are if you're looking for something to rewatch.

Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201

Thread Information