Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September BTBOTM - Being The Booker: Ruthless Aggression

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

September BTBOTM - Being The Booker: Ruthless Aggression

Back by popular demand!

… well, back!

I’m not very good at these types of posts……

– BEING THE BOOKER: RUTHLESS AGGRESSION –
    “The Road To WrestleMania XIX”

The bloom is off the rose for the WWE in November 2002. The name change isn’t even the biggest issue, despite the cries of the IWC…

Ever since the critically acclaimed WrestleMania X-Seven in 2001, preceded by the purchase of WCW, the company has suffered a gradual decrease in popularity. The hotly anticipated ‘Invasion’ angle was a creative flop. Many of the top stars of the Attitude Era have either slowed down, burned out or became stale, whilst the crop of talent below have failed to reach the same heights of success and popularity as those that came before them.

The brand extension had its merits in theory. Audiences wouldn’t become burned out on the same faces on screen every Monday and Thursday. The most popular stars of the prior era; ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin and The Rock, could head up their own shows in an attempt to spread the star power, and allow a greater number of talent to be showcased and develop. Except; both mega stars are currently out of the picture for different reasons, with little hope of either returning on a full time basis.

Instead, Raw and Smackdown are being headed up by the likes of Triple H, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle. New faces have been given a chance to shine and become stars of their own; exemplified by the monster push of the ‘Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar, who became Undisputed WWE Champion just five months into his main roster run. But popularity of the product continues to dip.

And while Smackdown may be enjoying a period that will be reminisced for years to come thanks to the ‘Smackdown Six’, Raw has been suffering under the dominance of it’s lead heel Triple H. It’s becoming clear that Triple H is not the performer he was in-ring prior to a career altering injury in May of 2001, with only one truly memorable match to his name in 2002 – against a returning Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam.

Not helped by being ‘handed’ the World Heavyweight Championship on an edition of Raw in September, that’s the least of the worries, as ‘The Game’ has already all but killed off any momentum or credibility Rob Van Dam and Kane may have had as main event foils for his current persona. Instead, Triple H appears to be less interested in building opponents, and instead cementing his own spot as the franchise player and centre piece of the brand, as he gains more power behind the scenes.

This thread isn’t going to turn around the WWE’s fortunes. There won’t be any mega stars created or a raft of changes being made. The product will continue to decline, and “star” names will be brought in to cover up the cracks. Scott Steiner will stink the joint out once the bell rings. Triple H will continue to bury any potential top faces not named Shawn Michaels. Andrew Martins fan base will still be collectively known as ‘Testicles’, Al Wilson exists, and Kane will bear the scars of being an outed necrophiliac.

All I intend on doing with this project is rebooking the Road to WrestleMania XIX. And I’ll say it straight away; the WrestleMania I have in mind won’t be as good as WrestleMania XIX (the second best Mania ever imo) but I hope it’ll at least be fun to do! And really, that’s all I’m doing this for; it could be the absolute shits, but it’s something different to do for the next few months at least and a chance to write certain characters that I might not get a chance to otherwise.

Picking up after the Survivor Series, I’ll use the period between that event and Armageddon to simply recap the real life events as very little I have planned diverts from the real life timeline until that show. Only minor adjustments that you’ll see when I post the recap. I won’t be writing every Raw and Smackdown – in fact, I may toy with a weekly “round up” covering the key points and angles that others have implemented to good effect elsewhere in the section – and I won’t be going into massive detail on PPV’s either as I may have in a previous life (collective sigh of relief from all reading; especially Zoom).

Underdog

Status

Re: Being The Booker: Ruthless Aggression

About damn time

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm gonna be honest. "You know that period in WWE nobody likes? Well, I'm not gonna make it better and it's going to end in a WORSE WrestleMania" is... a hell of a sell. Why do I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those car crash situations where I can't look away?

Putting Butts in Seats

Status

All I can say is...Scott Steiner for champ.

All. Elite. Wrestling: Now Playing in the BTB Section

What A Maneuver!

Status

Looking forward to this, Wolf. You can do a lot with this time period, and knowing you, I believe you will overdeliver like you’re known for. Glad to see Al Wilson sticking around, too

Better Call Tyrone

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yesss! Can't wait to read, Wolf. Test super push, please and thank you?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Make Scott Steiner World champion plz

RIP Brodie Lee. You will be missed

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Well shit, this has me excited. It's just great to have you back and I love the low key flex of "I'm not very good at these posts", which in translation is "I have the longest running BTB in history, bitches".

Really pumped to see what you do with this, as there are still so many amazing characters to write for in this time period. Scott Steiner should be epic, even if his ring work sucks, have him face 'Taker at Mania please.

I'd wish you luck but it's not like you'll need it. I'll be here for the recap, sir.

A Suit & Tie Motherf***er

Status

One of my favorite eras! very much looking forward to reading what you have in store. Good Luck!

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=176721
    STL Saint Presents: WCW: The Subsidiary

p a r t t i m e r

Status
      Country                    Canada

“I’m not good at these type of posts” is a very weird way of saying “I haven’t had to do one of these posts since 2004”. Lol!!

You know from the amount I bring it up anytime we talk that I’m excited for your return, so I’ll be waiting anxiously for your next post. Plus, 2001-05was the height of my fandom(the first time around anyway) so I’m excited to see what you do with it. There’s many things you could change, or keep the same. Does the Lesnar push continue with him winning the Rumble, or does someone else win that? Does Austin ride off into the sunset following a match with the Rock? Oh shit, as I’m typing this, maybe Rock comes back for Rock Lesnar II instead! Too many things could be changed.

I’m here for it brother.

TUFF

Status

Good to have you back! The BTB section is always a better place when we see your booking.

I was just becoming a wrestling fan around this time so I'm excited to experience it once again through your perspective.

Also, that is a sick graphic you have there. Kudos to you or whoever made it. I'll be waiting for the first show. Super excited for it!

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

>>> Check out "IMPACT! Wrestling 2019: On The Rise" in the BTB Section <<<

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Nice to see you back writing sir. Looking forward to Big Poppa Pump absolutely pumping Triple H.

Indy Talent

Status

I love the “I’m not good at these types of posts”. It’s like a guy who’s getting back into dating after being married for 15 years. You got this!! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do. Obviously the hype will be high but I know you’ll deliver. WM 19 is one of the best so I’m excited to see your tweaks.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

All that motherfuckers acting like you haven't done one of these posts since 2004 ain't old enough to remember that incredibly short lived split we tried. FOR THE CHILDREN~! 4 LYFE! 4 EVER!

Too bad saying for the children now, we just sound like Qanon fucks.

Also, since you posted this right after the Red Report, I'm taking the assist for you finally getting motivation to try your hand at something again. I DID IT! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME! THIS IS ALL ABOUT ME!

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Sun Tuh-Zoo

Status
      Country                    UK

Really glad to see you back in the game, mate. Can't wait to see what you do with this!

DING DONG, Hello?

Status

My GOD! I'm fascinated by this. Can't wait to see what you have in store here, Wolf.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

And now for Shawn Michaels to have the title run he should have had back in 2002.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Hell yeah, already excited to see what comes out of this.

Bookerman

Status
      Country                    Europe

Thanks for all the enthusiasm toward this! Let's see how I can extinguish that quickly...

As I said in the opening post, there's only a couple of minor changes and tweaks made between Survivor Series & Armageddon, so this is more of a recap really to get everyone up to speed...

As ever, a big thank you to BattleTank (who else!?) for the sexy dividers!

SURVIVOR SERIES 2002

Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
    November 17 2002

Bubba Ray Dudley, Spike Dudley & Jeff Hardy defeated Three Minute Warning & Rico in a Tables Elimination Match.

~ Almost as famous for Jeff Hardy screwing up a spot that led to Rico stalling for time and having to almost lose his balance on the top rope on purpose before audibly shouting “Come on Jeff, God damn it!”, the finish to the match saw the reformation of the Dudley Boyz, as D’Von shed the ‘Reverend’ gimmick, rejoining Bubba as he was traded to Raw.

Billy Kidman defeated Jamie Noble w/Nidia to capture the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

~ Having scored a pair of wins over Noble on Smackdown in recent weeks, Kidman – complete with new music – made it a hat trick, ending the five month reign of the boy from the trailer park. Even with Nidia in his corner, Noble couldn’t find an answer to deal with Kidman in the end.

In a Hardcore Match, Victoria defeated Trish Stratus to win the Womens Championship for the first time.

~ Bloody nose and all, the unhinged Victoria – who debuted months earlier, jealous of the success of Trish Stratus, and claiming that while they worked together as fitness models the WWE wanted both, but Trish took her spot – would bring an end to Trish Stratus third reign as Womens Champion in one of the better Womens division matches in WWE history up to this point.

The Big Show defeated Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman to win the WWE Championship.

~ In a shocking outcome, the 500 pound Big Show inflicted the first defeat on Brock Lesnar, thanks to the stunning betrayal of Paul Heyman on the ‘next Big Thing’, having arrived on Smackdown just weeks earlier on a path of destruction. Having already put The Undertaker on the shelf, Big Show set his sights on Brock Lesnar – still suffering the effects of his Hell in a Cell war with The Undertaker at No Mercy – and with Lesnar refusing to listen to the advice of Paul Heyman for weeks, Heyman jumped ship, delivering the WWE Title to the Worlds Largest Athlete.

Los Guerreros became the new WWE Tag Team Champions, surviving against Edge & Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit in a triple threat elimination match.

~ Angle and Benoit are the first team eliminated after some ingenuity by the cunning Guerreros; Chavo hits Benoit from behind with the tag title belt and tosses the evidence to Angle, making it look as if Kurt Angle attacked his own partner. When Benoit recovers and confronts Angle, it distracts the pair, leading to their elimination from the match as Edge Spears Benoit. Chavo then uses the title belt to smash Rey Mysterio whilst the referee is too busy ushering Edge from the ring, leading to Eddie forcing a tap from Mysterio and new champions!

In the first ever Elimination Chamber Match, Shawn Michaels wins the World Heavyweight Championship in only his second match in four and a half years, overcoming Triple H in a match also featuring Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Booker T and Kane.

~ Triple H suffered an injury to his throat early in the match; a partially crushed trachea, as a result of a badly delivered – due to the structure of the Chamber – Five Star Frog Splash from Rob Van Dam. Still, ‘The Game’ gutted it through to the finish, but didn’t have enough in the tank to defeat the man he took out of action at SummerSlam, his former best friend; Shawn Michaels.

All in all, one of the more revered shows of 2002. Four championship matches; four new champions. The debut of a match that would not only become a permanent fixture in the years to come, but would eventually have it’s own PPV. A Dudleyz reunion and Brock Lesnars first loss. Newsworthy.

On top of the action, SCOTT STEINER also made his on screen debut after weeks of vignettes, interrupting a promo in the ring where Raws Christopher Nowinski and Smackdowns Matt Hardy (Version 1) had come together in unity, agreeing that the people of New York City were both Losers AND Stupid (Loopid).

Famously being picked up audibly saying “GIMME A FUCKIN MIKE!”, Big Poppa Pump made a memorable debut, crushing both heels, as the race for Steiners signature would surely begin in earnest with Raw and Smackdown both wanting the Big Bad Booty Daddy on their shows exclusively.

Despite having only just won the World Heavyweight Championship 24 hours previously at the Survivor Series, Shawn Michaels kicked off Monday Night Raw indicating that he’d retire and relinquish the title, calling it the smart thing to do; but he’s Shawn Michaels, and he doesn’t do the smart thing. Having popped the fans, he wouldn’t have long to find out who his first challenger would be, as Eric Bischoff announced a triple threat #1 Contenders match between RVD, Booker T & Chris Jericho; three of the men involved in the prior nights Elimination Chamber.

Rob Van Dam would win the aforementioned triple threat for a title shot – with former champion Triple H absent as a result of the injury sustained at Survivor Series – eeking out the win over Jericho and Booker T. During the match, Scott Steiner made his presence felt, getting his hands on Chris Jericho after an earlier in-ring confrontation, and made sure Jerichos friend, Christian, couldn’t assist the first ever Undisputed Champion in his quest for a title shot.

Onto the following week, and something of a dream match between HBK and RVD for the World Heavyweight Championship, not to mention Michaels first match on Raw in nearly 5 years. The match would end in an unsatisfactory DQ win for RVD following the return of Triple H, who took out Van Dam, then left Michaels laying to announce his return (after ONE week off; insert eye roll here). With Bischoff wanting “great TV”, he arranged a #1 Contenders Match between Triple H and Rob Van Dam on Raw next week, with Shawn Michaels serving as guest referee.

But that following Monday, Triple H had other ideas. Having earlier in the night promised a “trainwreck” instead of the “great TV” Bischoff wanted, The Game made the most of the burgeoning relationship between Ric Flair and Batista, as Batista would be unleashed on Van Dam and Michaels, allowing Triple H to knock Van Dam out cold with a sledgehammer shot before the hotly anticipated main event could even get started!

While Kane would give chase to Batista – with Batista having targeted Kane in the weeks prior – the damage in the ring would already be done, leaving Triple H in the box seat. Threatening to do the same to Michaels as he had done at SummerSlam unless granted his rematch at Armageddon, Eric Bischoff was left with no other option than to make the match official, allowing Triple H to forego “earning” his shot and instead installing him as #1 Contender at Armageddon, ending Raw in turmoil, standing over the fallen bodies of Michaels and Van Dam.

There would be no appearance from Van Dam on the go-home edition of Raw heading into Armageddon, as instead, all focus switched to the upcoming Shawn Michaels/Triple H Title match, and with just six days before the showdown, the stakes would be raised; the former best friends would collide in the match referred to as ‘Three Stages of Hell’ as they would compete in a Streetfight, a steel cage before culminating in a ladder match if required. And Shawn would send a stern warning to The Game after being told by Flair it was time for Shawn to step aside for Hunter … by attacking him in the parking lot and diving off the production truck to take out The Game prior to Armageddon!

In between the Hunter and Shawn show, there’s time for other stuff to develop on Monday Nights (but not too much time; let’s remember who the real stars are!). And one of those is the freaky relationship being struck between the new Womens Champion Victoria and Stevie Richards. It would become very quickly which of the two was wearing the trousers in the relationship…

And speaking of trousers; TESTICLES! Victoria would be engulfed into a brief feud with Stacy Kiebler and Test, but also continuing her issues with Trish, who was on the hunt for a rematch for the title she lost at Survivor Series. Stacy wouldn’t have much luck in challenging Victoria for the Womens Title, but at Armageddon, it’d be mixed tag action, with Victoria & Richards teaming up to face Kiebler & Test!

One of the highlights across the red brand between Survivor Series and Armageddon would be the continuing weekly RNN updates direct from Randy Orton!! The youngster would fill the audience in weekly as to his progress from shoulder surgery with painstaking details about his recovery and set backs, very effectively pissing off the fans in anticipation of his upcoming return to in ring action … once he’s 100% ready, of course.

In the tag team division, fresh off their Survivor Series reunion, the Dudley Boyz are officially back together, and straight in to the chase for the tag titles held by Chris Jericho and Christian. After a controversial loss on an episode of Raw, Bubba and D’Von humiliated the champs by stealing their clothes and had the runt of the litter, Spike, swipe Jericho & Christians towels leaving them naked on live TV. In addition, the Dudleys also shamed the champs for owning Ass Cream. Which is simply just something you don’t do.

In retaliation, Jericho and Christian would lay out the Dudleys the following week (insert “That Escalated Quickly” meme here) in a gruesome assault, whilst also escaping by the skin of their teeth in a title defence against Booker T & Goldust. The odd ball pairing of Booker and Goldust would find themselves at a cross roads heading into Armageddon and a four way elimination match for the titles (with Regal and Lance Storms winning streak earning them a crack at the gold too). Goldust would hold himself responsible for he and Bookers repeated failure to win the titles, but a last minute pep talk from Booker prevented Goldust from requesting he be replaced as Bookers partner.

It should also be noted that Eric Bischoff does NOT introduce Val Venis, under his shoot name of ‘Sean Morley’ as his Chief of Staff at this time, with Venis remaining off television and currently assigned to the Smackdown roster.

Scott Steiner was making his presence felt as he weighed up his options between joining Raw or Smackdown, making an impact by costing Chris Jericho a World Title match in response to the exchange of barbs earlier in the night, then suplexed Stevie Richardsaround two weeks later, whilst also throwing his weight around on the blue brand by decimating Jamie Noble after being called out by the former Cruiserweight Champion for grabbing Nidias ass during an appearance on Smackdown.

And it looked as if Smackdown held the advantage in the race for Freakzilla’s signature, as Stephanie would put it; she could offer the Big Bad Booty Daddy something that Eric simply couldn’t. Only … when push came to shove, it didn’t seem like Stephanie was willing to go through with the deed when confronted by Steiner on sealing the deal, and with Steiner believing he was being messed around and played with, Big Poppa Pump made it clear he was headed to Raw, and would make it official after Armageddon.

Elsewhere on Smackdown, without the guidance of Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar was an unhinged animal. On the hunt for revenge on Heyman and Big Show following the shocking betrayal at the Survivor Series, Lesnar looked to tear through anyone that stood in his way to get at them, including putting Matt Hardy (Version 1) through a wall. It left the Smackdown locker room on edge, worried for their safety, calling for Stephanie McMahon to act.

And act she did. Stephanie made it clear to Lesnar that he wouldn’t get a rematch until his broken ribs were healed along with a warning not to put his hands on Heyman or Big Show; otherwise she’d be left with no choice but to suspend the Next Big Thing. Lesnar went on to ignore the edict of the Smackdown GM, assaulting Big Show. It left Stephanie McMahon with no choice but to suspend Lesnar.

In the absence of Lesnar, a #1 Contender would have to be crowned for Armageddon. On December 5, Kurt Angle emerges triumphant from a Fatal Four Way Elimination Match; beating Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Edge to earn a shot at The Big Show’s WWE Championship at Armageddon, marking an eventful month for the Olympic Gold Medallist.

Four nights after the Survivor Series, Angle and Benoit defeated Eddie and Chavo respectively in singles matches, earning them another crack at Los Guerreros newly won gold a week later. However, the professional rivalry between Angle and Benoit reared it’s ugly head again, as they appeared to have the match won … until Angle pulled Benoit off Chavo, wanting to get the glory for himself. Once again, that personal animosity cost Angle and Benoit the tag team titles and Los Guerreros stole the win to retain the titles.

It would appear, that despite being a “Dream Team” on paper, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit just could not get along to reach their potential as a tag team. As a result of another defeat due to personal differences, Stephanie McMahon cuts her losses on the pairing as a team, allowing Angle and Benoit to go their separate ways, and Angle would reap the immediate benefits of the dissolution of the team with a shot at the WWE Title at Armageddon.

There wouldn’t be any title shots in Jamie Nobles future though, it appeared. The former Cruiserweight Champion hit a low ebb after losing his gold at the Survivor Series, and his rut continued, taking a loss against Rey Mysterio before being humiliated by Scott Steiner. In an attempt to get out of his funk, Noble would resort to calling his “crazy cousin”; something that horrified Nidia. And, just three nights before Armageddon, that cousin would make their mark as Nunzio – formerly Little Guido of ECW fame – would interfere in a match between Noble & Crash Holly, assaulting Crash, linking up with his cousin.

Coming out of Survivor Series, there’d be a renewed push for Albert, who would soon be re-christened A-Train by Paul Heyman, and forming a loose relationship with the WWE Champion, Big Show. After making a mark by putting Rey Mysterio on the shelf, A-Train found himself with Edge coming for payback for his stricken friend, setting the table for a PPV match between the two at Armageddon.

Meanwhile, young upstart John Cena continues to make a name for himself having adopted a white rapper gimmick, and not only was he now laying into his opponents with (opens up Google...) “sick beats”, he invested in some muscle to boot, with back up coming in the form of B2 (the former Bull Buchanan; BOO YA!). And from a youngster to a grizzled veteran, as Bill DeMott – fresh off a stint as a hard nosed trainer on the third season of Tough Enough – would appear to be in the midst of a renewed push, having returned to Smackdown at the beginning of December and running roughshod through Funaki & Shannon Moore in consecutive weeks, playing into the persona developed throughout the reality show as a bully.

And saving the best to last… you didn’t think I’d forget about this, did you? The memorable and never to be forgotten program between Torrie Wilson and Dawn Marie rages on. Ordinarily, I’d drop this quicker than a fumbling Quarter Back, but I’m here for this kind of WrestleCrap. Dawn continues to date Torries dad Al, in fact, the relationship gets serious as the pair get engaged!! But things take a sinister turn in late November, as Dawn blackmailed Torrie, offering a deal … she would break up with Aland call off their upcoming wedding… but only if Torrie spent a night with her.

While Smackdown ended on the cliffhanger of Torrie inside Dawn’s hotel room and a will they/won’t they moment (seriously, this angle ENDED an episode of Smackdown which had the Edge/Eddie/Benoit/Angle match as it’s main event!) Dawn would renege on the deal the following week anyway, and promised to reveal all the footage of their tryst at Armageddon … and Al Wilson didn’t seem all too concerned about his daughter potentially having slept with his fiancée; despite Dawn coercing Torrie into all sorts, the little head ruled the big head and Al STILL wants to marry Dawn!

ARMAGEDDON 2002
    Office Depot Centre, Sunrise FL
    December 15 2002

Booker T & Goldust captured the World Tag Team Championships in a Fatal Four Way Elimination Match, last defeating Chris Jericho & Christian after eliminating William Regal & Lance Storm and also featuring The Dudley Boys (eliminated by Regal & Storm).

~ Bubba would be shocked with a nefarious roll up by William Regal to eliminate the Dudleys, whilst mere seconds later, Regal himself would be pinned by Goldust. And in the end, the odd couple team would take the gold from the Canadian pair, resulting in a feel good moment to kick the night off in style!

The match between A-Train and Edge ended in a disqualification loss for the former Albert.

~ Late in the match, A-Train assaulted Edge with a steel chair, resulting in a DQ. But Edge, not satisfied with winning by DQ, would get a measure of revenge for his fallen friend – at the hands of A-Train – Rey Mysterio, smashing the hairy monster with the chair SEVEN times!

Chris Benoit defeated Eddie Guerrero via submission with the Crippler Crossface.

~ With no Chavo by his side for this one, Eddie was left to rely on his own skill in order to see off Benoit, but while Guerrero had recently gotten the better of his long time friend/adversary in tag team action, it would be Benoit coming out on top in their singles match in an excellent technical affair.

Batista (with Ric Flair in his corner) defeated Kane with an impressive Batista Bomb downing the 7 footer.

~ The biggest win of Batista’s career to date, with the impressive specimen seeing off the Big Red Machine to announce himself as a future star and big time player to keep an eye on on Raw.

In mixed tag action, Test & Stacy Kiebler got the better of Stevie Richards & Womens Champion Victoria when Test pinned Richards off the Big Boot.

~ Despite Kieblers ineffectual tilt at challenging for the Womens title a few weeks earlier, thanks to her man, the blonde had the last laugh, getting the victory in this contest, thrilling the throngs of Testicles in the crowd … and for Stevie Richards, no doubt there’d be additional punishment coming his way from the manic Womens Champion as a result of his failure.

The Big Show w/Paul Heyman retained the WWE Championship against Kurt Angle via pinfall after TWO Chokeslams.

~ In one change from real life, Big Show DOESN’T lose the title here, as there’s no Brock Lesnar in the corner of Kurt Angle, and Heyman is influential in the outcome, distracting the referee whilst Show was trapped in the Anklelock, leading to Kurt releasing the hold to confront the agent … and ultimately resulting in his downfall.

But, after the match, Brock Lesnar – despite currently being suspended by Stephanie McMahon – gets his hands on Big Show, attacking the WWE Champion and drilling him with an impressive F5 to the 500 pounder, before giving chase to the flailing Paul Heyman…

And in the main event, Triple H recaptures the World Heavyweight Championship from Shawn Michaels in the Three Stages of Hell match.

~ A Pedigree would be enough to seal Triple H the first fall after a back and forth Streetfight which saw both men bleed and the re-appearance of the 2x4 wrapped in Barbed Wire! Shawn then forced the third and deciding fall by connecting with a splash through a table to win the Cage Match. But the title would return to The Game, as he pushed Shawn off the ladder and through a stack of tables on the floor, allowing him to retrieve the title, ending Michaels reign after just 4 weeks.

A show that I don’t recall being too enamoured with at the time, but on a rewatch, there’s enough there to call it at least a serviceable show tbh.

However, arguably the most memorable incident on the show wasn’t a match, but the reveal of Dawn Maries footage of her “meeting” with Torrie Wilson in the hotel room!! Even having recently turned 16, this definitely got my attention at the time (didn’t have internet at home at that point; it was a different time!) so when Al Wilson brought an end to the madness before the good stuff, you can imagine my – and (millions of) others – frustration, making him the biggest heel on the roster!

Coming up next; I’ll post the current rosters before beginning with the weekly round up coming out of Armageddon!

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I think people forget how much Wrestlecrap and just downright Russolicious storylines Vince McMahon was using in 2002. Ratings were tanking, the company lost the WWF name, the wrestle boom was clearly over, and Vince was fucking DESPERATE to do anything to get mainstream attention. It didn't matter if it was for straight fucking sleeze (Dawn/Torrie, Katie Vick, HLA, Billy & Chuck, probably a lot more that I'm forgetting) because he figured any press is good press (spoilers: he was completely wrong). So I am straight looking for the kind of garbage booking in this :P

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information