Thread: NJPW New Beginning 2021

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

NJPW NJPW New Beginning 2021

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya - 30/01/2021
    Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yanp vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi
    Kota Ibushi, Tomoaki Honma, SHO & Master Wato vs. SANADA, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
    Special Singles Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Great-O-Khan
    Special Singles Match: Satoshi Kojima vs. Will Ospreay
    NEVER Openweight Title Match: Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima Night One - 10/02/2021
    Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura & Gabriel Kidd
    Master Wato vs. BUSHI
    Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi, Dick Togo, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
    Kota Ibushi & Tomoaki Honma vs. SANDA & Tetsuya Naito
    IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr.
    IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. SHO

NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima Night Two - 11/02/2021
    Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Yota Tsuji, Yuya Uemura & Gabriel Kidd
    Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo
    Tomoaki Honma, SHO & Master Wato vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
    Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL & Dick Togo
    Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr. & DOUKI vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Jado
    IWGP Heavyweight Title & IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. SANADA

Squash Fodder

Status

Re: NJPW New Beginning 2021

Sign me up for Shingo/Tanahashi and Hiromu/SHO! If Tana is in good nick then that could be a cracker.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Shingo/Tanahashi was even better than Shingo/Cobb and my MOTY through one month. What a match. Tanahashi is never ever to be doubted and his push isn't either as he's the #2 champion in the company once more!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Prefered the Cobb match honestly. It was much more interesting bell to bell. While Tanahashi vs Shingo had all the components to be a MOTYC, it just didn't reach that hype for me personally. It looks like Tanahashi is okay after getting spiked with a Made in Japan thankfully. That was a scary moment that could've easily went wrong.

The Empire v Tenkoji set of matches were both fun in their own right. O-Khan continues to look great. Ospreay as a heel fits like a glove. Everyone looking at the Dome didn't seem to hurt them like I thought at the time. O-Khan is the favourite to beat Tanahashi for the NEVER Openweight Title and Ospreay will probably win the New Japan Cup to face Ibushi.

WAKE UP

Status

You will all be shocked to hear I did not think much of Shingo vs Tanahashi. Tanahashi having singles matches against guys he wouldn't normally face outside the G1 is a somewhat interesting prospect, even though he is kind of the antithesis of what the NEVER title was meant to represent.

I am down for someone working a 2021 Killer Khan tribute act gimmick, but O-Khan is more chin-lock Khan than blood & fire Khan.
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

Squash Fodder

Status

I was a bit disappointed with Shingo/Tana. There were some parts I did really like but as a whole this didn’t hit the levels of Shingo/Cobb & Tana/Naito. I think a G1 match between the two might produce a better match, and would probably be more fitting of a NEVER title match. That Made in Japan bump Tana took was scary!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

(Not) Shocking return! Jay vs Ishii is always one of the more interesting matches in New Japan so this is a good returning feud.

WAKE UP

Status

He was away for one tour, what was even the point of that angle
    Talk about the best matches of the year here:

WWE | AEW | New Japan | Other

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    He was away for one tour, what was even the point of that angle
    I'd say its similar to Kenny Omega feeding the rumor that he's off to WWE after Wrestle Kingdom 11 to draw more buzz and hype despite the loss. No other purpose than that.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    I'd say its similar to Kenny Omega feeding the rumor that he's off to WWE after Wrestle Kingdom 11 to draw more buzz and hype despite the loss. No other purpose than that.
    Its no doubt to provide a bit of heat for him going into the NJ Cup. Also guessing they had nothing for him in the meantime that would benefit whatever plans they have.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Anyone who believed there was a 1% chance of Jay White leaving NJPW needs to PM me immediately as I have some magic beans I would like to sell them. It was a dumb angle. The only thing that would of made it redeemable is if he returned as a babyface but he just seems to be back as himself so the guy just whined and had a 3 week vacation.

Shingo/Tana was a nice match that's getting overhyped because people have been trained to say 35 minute matches in this company = MOTYC. It was way too long, and doesn't really suit the booking of the last year where Tana was clearly downcycled down the card while Shingo was pushed in his first heavyweight singles run in the company, so now he struggles for 35 minutes and loses to Tanahashi, but because this is the fail up company, Shingo is now gonna end up in the IWGP title mix.

I sort of liked Kojima/Ospreay if I compare it to other occasions NJPW have dabbled in gimmicks like this like the awful Elgin/Omega ladder match, but I wouldn't call it great. I'd of rather just seen a normal match between the two of them without goofy Will selling of garbage can shots.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Gabriel Kidd, Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

BUSHI vs. Master Wato

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. BULLET CLUB (El Phantasmo, EVIL, Jay White, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi)

Kota Ibushi & Tomoaki Honma vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Tetsuya Naito)

IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr.)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. SHO
    The match card for tomorrow. I might be the biggest SHO fan around but even I know that he doesn't have much of a chance. It's cool seeing SHO and Hiromu main eventing a fairly big show like this though. GOD vs Tekkers wasn't a match that I thought highly of at Wrestle Kingdom but chemistry can be improved.

Thread Information