Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 28/10/2020

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

AEW Dynamite AEW Dynamite On TNT - 28/10/2020

AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament Semi Final Match: Adam Page vs. Wardlow

AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament Semi Final Match: Kenny Omega vs. Penta El Zero M (Due to an injury that occurred to Fenix)

NWA World Women's Title Match: Serena Deeb (c) vs. Leyla Hirsch

Eddie Kingston vs. Matt Sydal

AEW TNT Title Lumberjack Match: Cody (c) vs. Orange Cassidy

Plus will MJF join the Inner Circle?

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 28/10/2020

Haven't watched in a few weeks. Why is a match between two babyfaces in Cody and Cassidy needing a lumberjack stipulation?

Kenny and Pentagon had a pretty good match at All In a few years ago, but that's when Penta was a hot act. The injury is unfortunate because you know the winner is in no doubt. Is the finals of this thing happening at Full Gear? If so I guess that's Kenny Vs Hangman. Nice to see Wardlow getting some opportunities though.

Does seem to be a stacked show, can't see anything bad here on the preview, other than MJF and Jericho doing something that won't be up my street.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Haven't watched in a few weeks. Why is a match between two babyfaces in Cody and Cassidy needing a lumberjack stipulation?
    In their first match, The Dark Order attempted to interfere and got thrown out. They've already threatened to be present for this one too, so presumably this is cut out the middle-man and have others at rignside to counter them.

Plus hopefully it gives them an in to Brodie and Orange being added to the Full Gear match

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Darby was announced already to get the next title shot? So think we're in for a pretty fun Cody/Brodie/Darby/Orange fourway. Lumberjack match will probably be fun, but seems a bit silly that this is their solution to Dark Order interference - a stipulation that guarantees interference from twice as many people

Penta/Omega is unfortunate, because Fenix is very impressive to me and Penta is just a look and spamming taunts.

Curious how the clash of styles in Sydal/Kingston works out. Page/Wardlow could be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

They have done an absolute amazing job with Wardlow. He's looked so good in both his tournament matches and the fact that Hangman needed to hit him with 2 consecutive buckshot lariats in a row to take him down made him look like a beast.

All About That Ace

Status

Jesus Christ that Town Hall segment and the FTR/Bucks segment were awful and overlong. Horrible.

Status

I thought MJF had some pretty good lines and I like the idea of the set up for Jericho/MJF but yeah the promo itself was meh

Status

Serena/Leyla in a heck of a match, feels so weird to be praising an AEW women's match, on Dynamite no less.

As Shida/Nyla gets announced for Full Gear, ugh. I'm sure the match will be decent but yeah, I was really hoping it'd be Britt to just take the belt and be given a shot to run with it.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    They have done an absolute amazing job with Wardlow. He's looked so good in both his tournament matches and the fact that Hangman needed to hit him with 2 consecutive buckshot lariats in a row to take him down made him look like a beast.
    Didn’t expect the match to be that good. Some good cowboy shit that made both men look great. Match of the tournament so far.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Full Gear Card looking like:

Mox vs Kingston in an 'I Quit' for the World title
    FTR vs Bucks for the Tag belts
    Shida vs Nyla for the Women's championship
    Cody vs Darby for the TNT championship
    Hardy vs Guevara 'Elite Deletion' match
    MJF vs Jericho

and presumably Hangman vs Kenny (I don't see a scenario where Kenny doesn't advance tonight). Looking like a pretty stacked PPV, I must say.

Status

Wow. Penta and Kenny. Just wow.

All About That Ace

Status

Not very happy with this episode. A ton of minuses. Only stuff I enjoyed this show was: Wardlow/Page, Moxley promo, Kingston/Sydal, Cody/OC & Layla/Deeb which I guess is ultimately pretty solid considering thats 4 matches. But there was a lot of misses, most of the segments, especially the Bucks/FTR & Town Hall stuff were pretty bad. Spears stuff was bad. MJF/Gueverra backstage was bad too. Omega/Penta was really run of the mill for me.

Still excited for Full Gear but the tournament wasn't really worth it ultimately for me.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Omega/Penta was a great match, but the commentary was really awful and brought it down. They're trying to sell, the whole damn match, that Kenny Omega doesn't have the stamina for this match because he's been wrestling in a tag team all year. You can't make that your story of the match when his opponent is an even bigger tag team wrestler than he is, giving Omega the advantage if anything... And you know, it's Kenny freaking Omega, an endurance machine. That was so stupid

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Thank God Omega kicked out of a Destroyer on the ramp followed by a Package Piledriver. Can't go around pretending those are credible finishers now, can we?

WAKE UP

Status

Enjoyed all the Wardlow/MJF/Sammy stuff. Wardlow is a guy who seems to be getting better every week. He's not quite there yet, but he's developing and has a lot of potential, and it's fun watching dudes like him improve. He works VERY similar to rookie Brock Lesnar. Way more interesting than Page who only offers some above average athleticism and not much else in the ring. Dug Wardlow's big charge through the barrier and the finish was awesome.

Kingston vs Sydal was solid, but way too competitive considering this is meant to prime King for a world title match.

They seem to be retconning the recent Bucks angle, which is fine with me, though them doing the Cody 'never challenge for the title again' gimmick was unnecessary. The promo overall was pretty pointless.

Thought the Town Hall went too long and short on laughs, but Jericho vs MJF feels like the right outcome atleast. Can't say I have any interest in it, but cool to see Sammy and Ortiz step up.

The Womens Title match being set up for the PPV with a promo less than 10 seconds long must be a rib surely.

I have to say I'm enjoying Omega leaning into his douchey-ness for the entrances, but my enjoyment fell away pretty quick once the bell rang. He's just so hokey and OOT with his mannerisms. Thought the match whatever. Cruddy selling of the piledriver on the apron, Pentagon as usual spends 90% of his time doing the same taunt he's been doing his whole career, the announcers tried to sell the armbreaker as potentially spoiling the OWA and Omega hits it a minute later to win. The storyline is there but I can't bring myself to care about Page vs Omega.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Pros:
    Mox promo - Great example of a promo you would want the world champ Mox to cut and set up the PPV match perfectly.

Stuff at the top with Wardlow/MJF/Sammy - Very much enjoyed this and kept up Wardlow's storyline well. I really enjoy this guy actually and can't wait to see his eventual turn.

Warldow/Page - Solid match in the tournament.

Deeb/Leyla - Yes! Leyla on Dynamite, along with Savoy, one of my top picks to sign and they did a very nice job. They can go and Deeb is a very nice replacement to Rosa.

-

Mixed:
    Omega/Penta - I agree with Steve that him going so over the top on the entrance and leaning into what an unlikable douche he is is a great improvement on his entrance and him busting out the AAA title was one of the best things he's done in forever. However he's still Omega so it all comes apart during the match and ruins everything during the match. Penta added very little. Not a great main event at all and I agree the commentary did a bad job as well. I will praise Kenny's entrance.

Spears - It was quick and effective, but you have to wonder about him & Sky as a feud.

-

Bad:
    Shida/Nyla getting set up with a 10 second promo had to be a troll on this very message board, and worse, Nyla gets another title shot!? Why??? GIVE SOMEONE A STORY. Why is the NWA title more active than the AEW one? This sucks.

The YB promo - AWFUL. Please stop letting the Elite try to act.

Town Hall - I agree with the consensus here that this sucked although I enjoyed MJF pulling out the chart. However it was lame and my main issue with this is: Why do any of these people like Britt and Bischoff care if MJF joins up with the IC? It was just more silliness. I did like how they gave all of the IC members different opinions though on this potential new member but for how long it went it was just bad. And in particular my fears of Jericho being totally lame and overrated when he was champion has jumped up 10 fold. This guy needs and editor desperately.

Cody/OC - They've gotten all they can out of OC. Enough of him challenging for titles. This lumberjack match was stupid and not appreciated.

Kingston/Sydal - I didn't like this, and it's a shame as Kingston is awesome but I have no use for Sydal 2020. And as much as I like Kingston, he feels like a completely lame duck challenger with no hope of winning.

Miro and friends - Lord. Make it stop.

Commentary in general - I was a longtime fan of Excalibur in PWG but I'm beginning to turn a corner on him in a negative light in that in this position it's hard, because JR is just disgraceful at this point but this whole setup needs to change because they were possibly at one of their worst tonight especially in the main event. They need to do better.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Cody/OC - They've gotten all they can out of OC. Enough of him challenging for titles. This lumberjack match was stupid and not appreciated.

Nay, thee!

MORE OC PLZ! He's literally my favorite part of every show. I dont even understand the OC hate, no one ever comes up with legit criticism for him. They just vaguely say "ah too much OC"

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Nay, thee!

MORE OC PLZ! He's literally my favorite part of every show. I dont even understand the OC hate, no one ever comes up with legit criticism for him. They just vaguely say "ah too much OC"
    Really? theres huge criticisms of him that are valid. His character is he doesnt take the match seriously. At least it looks that way.

Also he does moves with his hands in his pockets. Yes it seems impressive, but it also seems dangerous.

If one of the goals of AEW was to bring back older fans, a guy like OC wouldnt do that. In fact AEW is laughed at for its sillyness by old fans.

They wanted to make a more sports based promotion( they failed miserably), yet they have a guy whos not taking a match seriously which is the opposite of sports based.

By all means love the guy if you want but to say you cant see fair criticisms is a stretch.
    NHL 94 is the best Hockey game of all time

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Really? theres huge criticisms of him that are valid. His character is he doesnt take the match seriously. At least it looks that way.

Also he does moves with his hands in his pockets. Yes it seems impressive, but it also seems dangerous.

If one of the goals of AEW was to bring back older fans, a guy like OC wouldnt do that. In fact AEW is laughed at for its sillyness by old fans.

They wanted to make a more sports based promotion( they failed miserably), yet they have a guy whos not taking a match seriously which is the opposite of sports based.

By all means love the guy if you want but to say you cant see fair criticisms is a stretch.
    I swear you dont even watch AEW so I'll engage with someone who actually does

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    I swear you dont even watch AEW so I'll engage with someone who actually does
    I have watched it and i have watched him.

Are my critisms not valid?
    NHL 94 is the best Hockey game of all time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information