Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 28/10/2020

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: AEW Dynamite On TNT - 28/10/2020

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I have watched it and i have watched him.

Are my critisms not valid?
    To me? Not really. I dont respect or value your opinion, especially considering how much stock you put into the words of people like Cornette. I'll leave wasting discussion time with you to other people (And I wouldn't blame anyone who does the same to me)

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    To me? Not really. I dont respect or value your opinion, especially considering how much stock you put into the words of people like Cornette. I'll leave wasting discussion time with you to other people (And I wouldn't blame anyone who does the same to me)
    i respect and value your opinion. You dont respect any of my opinions?
    NHL 94 is the best Hockey game of all time

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i respect and value your opinion. You dont respect any of my opinions?
    Oh dude, not at all man. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. Especially in the context of a thread of 3-4 other people who I know actually watched the show, Im not sure why'd I care about yours. Generally I get disappointed when I see your posts (this thread or otherwise).

Though to actually post something positive & about AEW:

I really hope they go ahead & sign Leyla Hirsch. I thought she was tremendous against Deeb and enjoyed her style. Im not sure how she is beyond the ring but I imagine if they saddle her with a generic Rousey/Lesnar-esque "legit" gimmick (she had it on her attire), she could do really well. Basically just swap her in for what they were doing with Aerial Monroe. Whatever they do, I think she should 100% be a fixture of the womens roster. Give her some dubs against the more raw people, put her over the Monroes & Ivelisses. But then again, it could just be a one match miracle. I saw she faces Shida on Dark so I'll check it out. Hopefully its another solid one.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Oh dude, not at all man. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. Especially in the context of a thread of 3-4 other people who I know actually watched the show, Im not sure why'd I care about yours. Generally I get disappointed when I see your posts (this thread or otherwise).
    I respect and value this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I respect and value this post.
    So do I
    NHL 94 is the best Hockey game of all time

WAKE UP

Status

I think OC has been kind of exposed as a very average wrestler when not doing comedy/character-heavy stuff. The PAC match was great because it played on the comedy and the character. The Jericho matches kinda had that but were also an attempt at OC being a serious wrestler away from the comedy, and there were some clear holes in his game there. I don't think he is setting the world on fire. Basically, he is doing much less of the stuff that people like about him and much more of the stuff which isn't his strength. I think he can develop and get better at that stuff, but at the same time a good joke isn't funny the 20th time you've heard it. It's a bit of a catch-22.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I think OC has been kind of exposed as a very average wrestler when not doing comedy/character-heavy stuff. The PAC match was great because it played on the comedy and the character. The Jericho matches kinda had that but were also an attempt at OC being a serious wrestler away from the comedy, and there were some clear holes in his game there. I don't think he is setting the world on fire. Basically, he is doing much less of the stuff that people like about him and much more of the stuff which isn't his strength. I think he can develop and get better at that stuff, but at the same time a good joke isn't funny the 20th time you've heard it. It's a bit of a catch-22.
    I get the gist of your point. I think he does a decent job of mixing up the formula. In this match against Cody, he used Cody's own frustration at his antics against him and actually avoided the usual OC gags to take advantage of expectations. I think he's done a decent job of adapting his character to more serious match-ups without losing what made him interesting. But this might just be a taste/preference thing at this point.

I wasnt huge on OC vs. Jericho feud (I thought Jericho tried too hard to be funny for most of it) but I've dug his encounters with Dark Order & Cody a lot more. Im looking forward to Silver vs. OC quite a bit. Like I said, I genuinely find him to be my favorite part of AEW.

And I still havent watched PAC vs. OC I'll book that for this weekend.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Yeah I'm pretty much along with Steve, though I still think he's an above average wrestler. My issue is with diminishing returns and seeing OC do his schtick on a weekly basis or trying to make it a bit different each time. What drew me to him in the first place was the mystery and ambiguity of this guy who shows up every so often and you're waiting for him to do something cause you know it'll be entertaining. That's what made the PAC match for me and I think a lot of others, it was the payoff to months of OC being restrained. Now it feels like he's working and talking as much as anyone else on the roster, he feels less of a wildcard because the things we only thought about his character have been confirmed. And I find it hard to buy that guys like Jericho and Cody can fall for his trolling. I think it's a special gimmick where anytime he has a big match or storyline, he needs to lay low for a few months afterwards just doing the odd comedy spot so his serious moments regain their impact.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

It is a catch 22 because while booking him in matches this much is overexposing him, what else are AEW supposed to do when he catches fire and is one of the most over acts on their show. We criticise WWE for not giving fans what they want and not building for the future, so there's only so much I'm gonna criticise AEW for giving us too much Orange Cassidy. The gimmick might need a tweak or an evolution down the line, but for now I think this is low down on the list of issues I'd have with AEW.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I don't hate OC at all, it's just he's reached his ceiling in his current incarnation and they need to find a way to use him that is more suited to his strengths than what they were doing. He wasn't the problem in that lumberjack match nearly as much as the booking. I agree with Steve and Marketh completely that they're using him more like just any guy on the roster when he is better off being much more protected and limited for his own sake.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Shida and Nyla Rose being set for Full Gear in a short promo with no build is so lazy. I was totally baffled after it happened. I don't hate Nyla Rose but why is she in a yet another title match? They have other women to choose from. Britt Baker is right there and is actually featured.

The MJF/Jericho segment made little sense. Why do so many people care about whether MJF joins the Inner Circle or not? Luchasaurus is out there but why? Same with Eric Bischoff. MJF wants to join Inner Circle for money? How does Wardlow fit into this? It all just feels like an overly elaborate set up to a Jericho v MJF feud.

The tournaments matches were good. I prefered Page v Wardlow over Omega/Pentagon. Both are worth watching though. The women's match wasn't too bad either. A good showcase for Deeb. I don't think Cody and Orange Cassidy have good chemistry. Neither of their matches have interested me. I love Orange Cassidy but he should tone down the matches. He's a bit over exposed.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

If I had to make excuses for AEW:

- Jurassic Express have beef with MJF and Jericho, so Luchasaurus is just out there messing with them and making them look dumb.
    - Peter Avalon needs no explanation, he's a comedy loser so took his shot and got a minute of TV time.
    - Britt Baker, I dunno. Maybe just thinks she's so important that her input matters.
    - Eric Bischoff's character now seems to be to show up on occasion to troll Jericho when the opportunity comes.

It wasn't a great segment and is really just them trying to stretch a very simple angle out, but I see some logic within it.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    If I had to make excuses for AEW:

- Jurassic Express have beef with MJF and Jericho, so Luchasaurus is just out there messing with them and making them look dumb.
    - Peter Avalon needs no explanation, he's a comedy loser so took his shot and got a minute of TV time.
    - Britt Baker, I dunno. Maybe just thinks she's so important that her input matters.
    - Eric Bischoff's character now seems to be to show up on occasion to troll Jericho when the opportunity comes.

It wasn't a great segment and is really just them trying to stretch a very simple angle out, but I see some logic within it.
    I can buy these minus the Baker one I'm glad she got on the show though, but a 1-2 minute Baker/Schiavone segment wouldve easily been better than this

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Shida and Nyla Rose being set for Full Gear in a short promo with no build is so lazy. I was totally baffled after it happened. I don't hate Nyla Rose but why is she in a yet another title match? They have other women to choose from. Britt Baker is right there and is actually featured.
    That has been AEW's formula for the women's division so far, throw random people into the fray without featuring them (letting DARK do the work) and then only featuring Britt in a consistent storyline. Shida will beat Nyla, it seems that they've wasted the alliance with Vickie Guerrero already. It's only a matter of time before Britt takes the belt but they're just trying to make it look less obvious.

I can buy these minus the Baker one I'm glad she got on the show though, but a 1-2 minute Baker/Schiavone segment wouldve easily been better than this

Please no more Britt/Schiavone skits, they've really lost their appeal now.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    That has been AEW's formula for the women's division so far, throw random people into the fray without featuring them (letting DARK do the work) and then only featuring Britt in a consistent storyline. Shida will beat Nyla, it seems that they've wasted the alliance with Vickie Guerrero already. It's only a matter of time before Britt takes the belt but they're just trying to make it look less obvious.

Please no more Britt/Schiavone skits, they've really lost their appeal now.
    Not to me, I love them, and I know I'm not the only one.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Yeah I'm still on board with these, she's great.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I find them funny as well. Schiavone's reactions are always gold.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Britt/Schiavone is nowhere close to losing its appeal just yet lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information