Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 14, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 14, 2020

Monday Night Raw Preview
    September 14, 2020

Drew McIntyre goes one-on-one with Keith Lee

As WWE Clash of Champions draws near, WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is seeking to stay sharp ahead of his battle with Randy Orton. While The Viper’s status is still unknown after McIntyre dropped him with three Claymores last Monday, McIntyre will tune up with what is sure to be a barnburner at In Your Face Monday against his friend and training partner, Keith Lee.

The Limitless One has been on a roll since arriving on the red brand, including a big win over Orton at WWE Payback. Can he pick up the biggest win of his career against the WWE Champion?

Dominik Mysterio and Seth Rollins clash in a steel cage

The Mysterio family got payback on Murphy for the torment he and Seth Rollins put them through last Monday, battering the disciple 86 times with Kendo sticks during and after Dominik Mysterio’s Street Fight win over Murphy.

But Rey Mysterio made it clear that this was just the beginning of their quest for justice, sending a direct message to The Monday Night Messiah. The next stop on the road to retribution comes at In Your Face Monday, when Dominik steps inside a Steel Cage with Rollins.

What will happen when the son of Rey Mysterio squares off with the ruthless Monday Night Messiah?

Raw Women's Champion Asuka defends against Mickie James

The Raw Women’s Championship will be on the line when Asuka defends her title against Mickie James.

Since her return from nearly a year on the injured list, James has made it clear that she has her sights set on becoming a champion once again. The Empress of Tomorrow, on the other hand, has declared that she is ready for anyone and everyone daring enough to get in the ring with her.

Who will leave the In Your Face Monday edition of Raw with the title?

The Street Profits vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro in a Champions vs. Champions match

There will be a special Champions vs. Champions showdown on In Your Face Monday, pitting Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits against SmackDown Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura.

The blue brand’s champions arrived on Raw last Monday, ready to use the quarterly Brand-to-Brand Invitational to call out Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford, declaring that they want the smoke. The Street Profits were happy to oblige, setting the stage for this huge battle.

Which brand’s champions will prove superior? Find out on the In Your Face Monday edition of Raw, this Monday at 8/7 C on USA!
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 14, 2020

Man, I'm so sick of Rollins versus The Mysterio Family.

Guessing Lee picks up the W to set up a triple threat and prolonge the Orton McIntyre one on one clash for Hell In A Cell.

Wrestling Goddest

Status

Just saw the Retribution promo. If I had to guess, big guy is Dominik Dijakovic. The woman is possible Mia Yim. And call me crazy, but the guy on the left with the bright blue eyes, kinda looks like The Miz.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

King EC

Status

Seth vs. Dom in the cage was really solid once again, as expected. Seth post-match was a real gem though. Telling Angie "Great job you did. Hope she turns out better" and pointing at their daughter was fucking phenomenal. Give my man the Mania main event this year.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

An Ambulance match, fantastic, always make for great matches.

that one retribution guy really does look like Miz but I still can’t picture it actually being miz.

I would like to think WWE have more tact to do an angle with Rey’s 19 year old daughter, and 31 year old Buddy Murphy, but you never know.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Dolph Ziggler hasn’t been so bad on commentary, he was actually pretty good during the Asuka and Mickie James match. Not as good as Joe has been, but he’s been a decent fill in.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Are they really gonna do something with Rey's daughter and Murphy?

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I would like to think WWE have more tact to do an angle with Rey’s 19 year old daughter, and 31 year old Buddy Murphy, but you never know.
    It's WWE in 2020, I wouldn't put it past them

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status

Murphy gotten a little twisted since he lost his bliss also like to add I got a cousin that got married at 19 to a 40 + year old and they been happily together for 20+ years.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

So I read an interview with Miro/Rusev, where they asked if he thought that WWE would punish Lana for his promo on AEW and he said he hoped not. This week on Raw, Lana is pinned again and shoved through a table...

Also they probably explained this but why was the episode subtitled “In Your Face”?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Looking forward to Zelina Vega getting a run finally as a wrestler.

WC without Duke is like McDonalds without the Big Mac. - DD

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Cage match was ok, but what are they doing running a cage match 6 days after NXT just ran a cage match. Least favourite Dom match so far, they need to move on from the Seth feud now and like I say every week, keep the mom and sister out of this now.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Murphy gotten a little twisted since he lost his bliss also like to add I got a cousin that got married at 19 to a 40 + year old and they been happily together for 20+ years.
    There's no way WWE doing an angle where a guy on his 30s takes an interest in a teenage girl won't come off as icky (in fact that's how it just comes off in in real life to most people), and is pretty tone deaf after the speaking out stuff this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    So I read an interview with Miro/Rusev, where they asked if he thought that WWE would punish Lana for his promo on AEW and he said he hoped not. This week on Raw, Lana is pinned again and shoved through a table...

Also they probably explained this but why was the episode subtitled “In Your Face”?
    Lana is a bad wrestler who shows no potential, so whether Miro stayed with WWE or left WWE, I don't see it making any difference to her career, I never see her as a future champion.

BUT, being put in the spot to have Nia put you through a table given her reputation of injuring talent, yeah that might of been a petty shot at Miro.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

BUT, being put in the spot to have Nia put you through a table given her reputation of injuring talent, yeah that might of been a petty shot at Miro.
    Brings to mind an image of Vince and co. raising their glasses to say "Gentlemen, to evil!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Lana should've just stayed a mouthpiece to begin with. Don't know what she was thinking. Compared to most of the women she's got no experience or training to speak of.

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status
      Country                    Canada

They just announced "A huge triple threat tag team showdown" to see who will face Street Profits at Clash Of Champions. Andrade and Garza versus Murphy and Rollins versus Dominik and....Humberto.

Why in God's name are they bringing Humberto into it now. Just because they're both Spanish, doesn't make them a tag team.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    They just announced "A huge triple threat tag team showdown" to see who will face Street Profits at Clash Of Champions. Andrade and Garza versus Murphy and Rollins versus Dominik and....Humberto.

Why in God's name are they bringing Humberto into it now. Just because they're both Spanish, doesn't make them a tag team.
    I mean, I can see the story links? Humberto helped Mysterio in the past, pre and post eye gouging, so he's a dependable ally for the Mysterio clan. It makes sense that if Rey Mysterio is unable to compete then they'd get in an established on-screen ally to fill in the gap. If they had zero prior history together, then yeah, there'd be merit to the 'throwing ethnicities together' bit but I'm seeing it as calling back to an ally to help out.

A bigger concern is that two out of three of those teams are teased to be on the verge of a breakup in an already thin tag team division.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Thread Information