Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIGHT NIGHT 09/18/2020 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Fight Night FIGHT NIGHT 09/18/2020 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss and review promos for Fight Night here.

If you want reviews, give reviews. If someone gives you a review, try to give them something back.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: FIGHT NIGHT 09/18/20 PROMO THREAD

EXT plz

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Squash Fodder

Status

Re: FIGHT NIGHT 09/18/2020 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Can I ask for an extension please. I'm leaving tonight and won't be back until Sunday afternoon est so will work on the two matches that night.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post
    Can I ask for an extension please. I'm leaving tonight and won't be back until Sunday afternoon est so will work on the two matches that night.
    Granted. Rawr and ETE get one too.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Works kicking my ass this week. Ext please. Im off Sunday. Will need to do it then.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Works kicking my ass this week. Ext please. Im off Sunday. Will need to do it then.
    I get one too then. :p

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Only 4 me. You lose a day.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I'm gonna have to bow out this week guys. My only day off I got called in because we're having a surprise visit from corporate. I'll be in store all day. I wouldnt be able to promo til Monday.

It really sucks. I wanted to take Sully this time. Im quite pissed about this, but I'd rather let you all know then have Sully waste time writing an epic promo on a no show.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Yuna: Refreshing. If I had to pick one word, it'd be refreshing. Just absolutely refreshing. You know very well how boring I found Cromwell. He was stale and had no direction. And Yuna is the opposite. She's a fresh change of pace for you. I don't know how long the Pirate gimmick will last since gimmicks are never built to last forever. Even Sullivan's King gimmick has died down more to just a nickname rather than a dude coming out with a crown and robe all the time. But there's a lot of angles you can go with her and I'm excited to see them.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Jam PM'd me asking for an extension for him and SS.

The Division gets one too.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

It's been decided by the creative team that we're just going to give everyone an extension.

Promos are now due 24 hours later than originally. Check the promo thread for exact dates/times.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

I found a solid website that allows you to create a countdown timer that you can then share the link with friends.

I made a countdown for the promo deadline and attached it to the thread, so you'll always be able to see how many days/hours you have left. I'm gonna try and get this in there for every promo thread. Hopefully it puts an end to the time zone confusions as you can always just check the countdown and see how many days/hours are left regardless of what time zone you're in.

Check it out and let me know it works well.

The Artist of Chaos

Status

Thanks for your hard work there. I tried to rep you but you were the last person i rep lol.
    "Are you doin' this work to facilitate growth or to become famous?
    Which is more important?
    Getting or letting go?"

"The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you don't."

"I rather you hate me for everything I am then for something i am not"

Hail To The King

Status

Jimmy King: Both promos this week are pretty good and give good proof that you dont need a novel to do a great promo the storytelling in Jason Randall is great you can start to tell hes becoming more conflicted and you can see sides of him you dont see before and I think that is nothing but good for future of Jason Randall

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Kayden Knox: Loved this promo from you. It's very raw, and well put together. And we'll talk it was personally my second highest graded promo on the whole card. I even graded my own promo just for good practice, but yours graded higher. Nothing really stood out for me in regards to creativity or presentation, but Quality of Content and Character Development both netted really high scores for me with an 8 and an 8.5. Your ability to write and reflect on yourself with passion and depth when it comes to Kayden Knox's inner self shines here for sure. I've said this before I think I can't remember if for you or someone else, but some fonts when you change them you have to up the font size up a tick. Here for example, the font seems just a tick low and so when I read on my computer I feel like I end up straining my eyes like an old man.

Black Caramel: I feel like content wise you guys always have great promos. But this promo was clearly cut in two halves, down to the formatting especially. You can see tell the parts that were written by Rawr and the parts written by ETE not by your writing styles specifically but by your formatting styles, and that actually distracted me from the content itself. Maybe it was intentionally to split them up like that, but to me it came off as an oversight.

The Division: I feel like presentation was the biggest issue here, and it's not the spacing. I ignored that entirely. It's the lack of color or italics, where even with spacing it'd make it look pretty bland. I think sometimes bare bones is good depending on the tone you want to set for the promo, but I don't get a vibe from this one that says it fits for a bare bones style. Ocean and Stocke have solid dialog though, and Noah's aggression and loose temper comes out well,

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Danny and Donny Toner: Tig, I appreciate the fact that you were determined to get a promo in even knowing it doesn't count. It truly does help build your characters and their story up, and gives you foundation to work on next week with no stress about winning or losing. For these or jobber matches I like to go story and character development based and not really focus on the match. The DeLorean reference from the Golden promo a few shows back was witty, as was Danny being at the wrong city and finding out through the bar TV.

Curtain Jerker

Status

What/where are the results of the card at?

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Not posted yet. Im sure they will be soon.

Quality takes time, sir.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rodz View Post
    What/where are the results of the card at?
    Should be up by Saturday. Feel free to check out some promos this week in the mean time in the weekly promo thread.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Apologies to Eli, he asked for this review Monday and I'm finally getting to it. It's been a long week.

Eli Black: I gave quality of content on this a 7.5, which is above average. Your writing is exceptional, but QoC is only one section (It's also one of TGO's best things too so it's a tough matchup). But still you solid writing made QoC your best grade. Your worst grade was creativity at 6.5. Which rereading this might've been harsh, but nothing particularly made this stand out. Which don't get me wrong isn't horrible for Fight Night, but still gets the average grade for me. I actually do like the setting with things picking up at the show, but it just didn't flow for me as well for some reason as I've seen when people did this in the past. Presentation wise, I felt quoting the match with Parr just distracted and made the promo look bulky. I get what you were doing, but I would've only used the last bit of the match and not used the quote box, but rather typed it out from Eli's perspective. It felt too copy and paste and didn't add anything of your own. Lastly I felt like you took too long to get to Devin Golden. This was a great promo development wise for Eli, but he doesn't focus much on Devin until the end, where as the whole promo should've been catered around Devin and how Eli beating a Hall of Famer would be such a big momentum swing. Don't get me wrong, this was a solid written promo specifically QoC and your words and descriptions, but QoC is just one category. For me, you actually tied Devin and you both got 28's. So you were toe to toe with him. And I do see a lot of potential in you. Not only a future X Reign, but I think you have NA and World Title capabilities. You'll get there. Just keep working and polishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information