01 The Grizzled Young Veterans Blackpool, England 12 January 2019
    02 South Wales Subculture Cardiff, Wales 31 August 2019
    03 Gallus Brentwood, England 17 October 2019
    -- Vacant - -
    04 To Be Determined Dublin, Ireland 25 October 2020

# Winner Location Date
    01 Tyler Bate Blackpool, England 15 January 2017
    02 Zack Gibson London, England 25 June 2018
    Last edited by devochka; 09-17-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Re: NXT UK: Rebuilding the Empire

Good luck! I’m curious to see what changes or what superstars you will have show up on here.

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

I love NXT UK but I don’t think I could do it justice here. Really excited to see what you do here & I’ll be reading.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Got to agree with Rasky, same here. I'd honestly struggle so bad to try and book NXT: UK.

So, best of luck dude! Excited to see what you do, I'll try and follow on

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status
      Country                    Canada

Was really enjoying your NXT thread awhile back, so looking forward to this one.

Good luck!

n o n e s s e n t i a l

Status
      Country                    Canada

Was really enjoying your NXT thread awhile back, so looking forward to this one.

Good luck!

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    England

NXT UK Rebuilding the Empire

"Rebuilding the Empire"
    BT Sport Studios | London, England | 17 September 2020
    The show opens with a video package highlighting the short but storied history of NXT UK set to God of War by WARGASM, the new official theme of NXT UK. As the video comes to a close, it cuts to a panning shot of the state of the art BT Sport Studios before settling on Andy Shepherd and Nigel McGuinness standing behind the commentators' table.

Andy Shepherd
    "Coming to you from the state of the art BT Sport Studios in heart of London, welcome everybody to the return of NXT UK! Andy Shepherd here alongside British wrestling legend Nigel McGuinness and Nigel, it's good to be back on NXT UK!"

Nigel McGuinness
    "Absolutely, Andy! It's been a while since the episode of NXT UK where The Mad Russian Ilja Dragunov won a 20-Man Battle Royal to earn a title opportunity and the wait is finally over. In tonight's main event it's Ilja Dragunov challenging The Ring General WALTER for the NXT United Kingdom Championship."

Andy Shepherd
    "Not only that, Nigel but we also have the NXT UK Women's Championship on the line in an open challenge issued by the champion, Kay Lee Ray."

Nigel McGuinness
    "I've heard the slanderous accusations and I'm sure you have too, Andy. A lot of people are claiming that Kay Lee Ray isn't a defending champion, that Kay Lee Ray didn't earn her way to the record shattering 383 day title reign but tonight The Scary Queen of Scots looks to silence all her doubters."

Andy Shepherd
    "Kay Lee Ray has not taken kindly to those accusations on Twitter, Nigel and she is very well capable of proving that she does indeed deserve to be the NXT UK Women's Champion and what a way to do it by issuing an open challenge, anybody could step up tonight and we'll find out just who it will be a little later on but we're kicking things off right now with two of our young up and coming Superstars as The Scottish Supernova Noam Dar takes on The Spanish Sensation A-Kid"
    Singles Match
    A-Kid Noam Dar
    The match starts with both Superstars circling the ring several times before meeting in the centre of it where A-Kid calls for a lockup whilst Noam Dar calls for a handshake, after taking a few seconds to consider it, A-Kid accepts before avoiding a clothesline attempt by Noam and laying into him with a series of roundhouse kicks to the thighs, a spinning sole kick to the midsection and a big boot to the chest which sends Dar off into the ropes, when Noam comes back, A-Kid attempts to hit him with a front dropkick which Dar narrowly avoids before catching A-Kid with a jacknife pin.

One... Two.....

Following the two count, A-Kid manages to bridge out of the jacknife pin before taking Noam Dar over with a backslide pin.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Noam Dar hits A-Kid with a penalty kick to the right arm before coming off the ropes with a double foot stomp to the back dropped into a senton, Noam then comes off the opposite ropes and attempts a penalty kick to the left arm which A-Kid narrowly avoids before catching Dar with a schoolboy.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Noam Dar pokes A-Kid in the eyes before hitting him with a bicycle kick, sending him through the ropes and out to the floor, Noam then waits for A-Kid to groggily get back to his feet on the outside before measuring him for a topé suicida, A-Kid manages to get himself out of harm's way but Dar manages to land on his feet before turning around into a superkick followed by a ring apron-assisted tornado DDT before rolling Noam back into the ring.

With Noam Dar now laid out on the mat, A-Kid ascends to the top rope before getting caught with a European uppercut from Noam who then sets up for an avalanche fisherman's buster which A-Kid manages to counter into the Spanish Fly which leaves both men motionless on the mat.

When both Superstars groggily get back to their feet they begin trading blows in the centre of the ring with A-Kid gaining the upper hand until Noam Dar shuts him down with a knee lift to the midsection before attempting to come off the ropes where A-Kid catches him with a tiger faint kick to the lower back followed up with a springboard front dropkick.

When Noam Dar groggily gets back to his feet in the corner, A-Kid charges in but gets caught with a kick to the face followed by a diving European uppercut from the middle rope, Noam then backs into the opposite corner and waits for A-Kid to groggily get back to his feet before charging in and hitting him with the Nova Roller, rather than going for the pinfall however, Dar drags A-Kid into the centre of the ring and and uses a spinning toehold before setting up for the Champagne Superkneebar which A-Kid manages to counter by kicking Noam off into the corner, Dar comes right back with a penalty kick attempt which A-Kid narrowly avoids by dropping down to the mat before kipping up and hitting Noam with a Pelé kick.

With Noam Dar groggy but still on his feet, comes off the ropes with a hurricanrana before waiting for Noam to get back to his feet before attempting a rebound Spanish Fly which Noam manages to thwart by hitting A-Kid with a clubbing blow to the back, causing him to get caught up in the ropes before attempting to hit with with a diving double foot stomp which A-Kid narrowly avoids by sliding out to the apron, causing Dar to come down hard and with Noam now favouring his right knee, A-Kid attempts to hit him with a springboard missile dropkick which Dar manages to counter into the Champagne Superkneebar in mid-air.

After trying and failing to escape the hold for several seconds, A-Kid finally manages to make his way to the ropes but rather than simply releasing the hold, Noam Dar lays into A-Kid with a series of stomps to the knees before dragging him back into the centre of the ring and setting him up for the Champagne Superkneebar once again, this time however, A-Kid manages to counter it into a small package for the surprising three count.

Winner: A-Kid
    After the match, A-Kid quickly flees the ring and begins celebrating his victory at the bottom of the entrance way whilst Noam Dar remains on his knees in the centre of the ring in disbelief.

-

Andy Shepherd
    "A big win for A-Kid, Nigel! What a way for him to kickoff this new era of NXT UK. He'll certainly be one to watch in the future."

Nigel McGuinness
    "Yes he will, Andy and so will Noam Dar, I'm sure."

Andy Shepherd
    "Well I cannot wait to see where both Noam Dar and A-Kid go from here, Nigel. Two of the hottest prospects in NXT UK but to change lanes a little... let's talk about the state of NXT UK Tag Team Division. During our hiatus, NXT UK General Manager announced that the NXT UK Tag Team Championships have been vacated and I am pleased to announced that the new champions will be crowned in just over a month, on October 25th at TakeOver: Dublin in the culmination of an eight-team single-elimination tournament and standing by with one of those eight teams is our broadcast colleague Radzi."

The camera cuts to a sheepish looking Radzi Chinyanganya standing backstage in front of an NXT UK backdrop.

Radzi Chinyanganya
    "James Drake & Zack Gibson... The Grizzled Young Veterans."

The camera pans out to show The Grizzled Young Veterans standing on either side of Radzi, lording over him.

Radzi Chinyanganya
    "Zack... James... earlier this year the two of you moved to NXT from NXT UK after making it to the final of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic but now you're back here in NXT UK to compete in the tournament to crown the new NXT UK Tag Team Champions at TakeOver: Dublin. Your opponents for the Quarterfinals next week... Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams!"

Zack Gibson
    "Let's make one thing perfectly clear, Radzi! The only reason me and James went across the pond to NXT is because we've done everything there is to do in NXT UK! We were the first-ever Tag Team Champions... we've competed at every TakeOver... we've beaten everybody there is to beat on this brand and that includes Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams! But it's pretty clear that without us, the NXT UK Tag Team Division is falling apart and that's why Johnny got us on the old blower when it came time to crown new champions, so at TakeOver: Dublin we're gonna do what we do best by making history once again! The first-ever two-time champions in NXT UK and once again the UK's... number... one! Zack Gibson... James Drake... Grizzled... Young... Veterans!"

Zack Gibson walks off screen with James Drake following him closely behind, glaring at Chinyanganya as he passes him.

Back to the ring and Kay Lee Ray's already standing in the centre of it with a microphone in hand.

Kay Lee Ray
    "Ilja Dragunov and WALTER. For the past couple of weeks that's all anybody can talk about. It's a dream match! It's the biggest match in NXT UK TV history! Ilja Dragunov versus WALTER for the NXT United Kingdom Championship... and you know what? They're right! It is a dream match and it may be the biggest match in NXT UK TV history but what I'm thinking is... what about me? What about Kay Lee Ray? What about the NXT UK Women's Championship? For the first time since March, I'm able to compete in an NXT UK ring and I'm not even booked on the card! I've seen what people have been saying about me on Twitter... I've heard what people in that locker room have been saying about me. That I'm not a defending champion... that if they had an opportunity, they could take title away from me....."

Kay Lee outstretches her arms, holding up the NXT UK Women's Championship belt.

Kay Lee Ray
    "Well here I am! Please... somebody step up! I'm begging you!"

After several seconds of nobody accepting the challenge, Ray smirks and begins pacing back and forth until.....

UNDEFINABLE
    .....Sadie Gibbs walks out onto the entrance way which stops Kay Lee dead in her tracks, the two Superstars then stare each other down before Sadie makes her way to ringside.

Francesca Brown
    "And the challenger... from Kent, England... making her NXT UK debut... she is The Undefinable... Sadie Gibbs!"

-

Andy Shepherd
    "How about that, Nigel? The Undefinable Sadie Gibbs making not only her NXT UK debut but her WWE debut as well and she's certainly looking to turn heads by accepting this open challenge by the NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray. All eyes are on NXT UK tonight which means all eyes are on Sadie Gibbs as well."

Nigel McGuinness
    "But that comes with a lot of pressure as well, Andy. This might be Sadie Gibbs' big moment, her big debut but Kay Lee Ray has a lot to prove tonight and she intends to fully intends to prove it at the expense of Gibbs."
    Singles Match for the NXT UK Women's Championship
    Kay Lee Ray Sadie Gibbs
    The match starts with both Superstars meeting in the centre of the ring with Sadie Gibbs quickly overpowering Kay Lee Ray until Kay Lee hits her with a knee lift to the midsection, Ray then overpowers Sadie and by backs her against the ropes before attempting to take her over with an arm wringer, Gibbs manages to cartwheel out of the attempt however which prompts Kay Lee to charge towards her for a clothesline which Sadie narrowly avoids before hitting Ray with a hip toss and coming off the ropes with a low-angle front dropkick to the face.

One... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Sadie Gibbs locks in a hammerlock whilst Kay Lee Ray is seated on the mat, Kay Lee eventually manages to escape the hold with a series of back elbow strikes to the side of the head before taking Sadie over with a snapmare followed by a penalty kick to the back, Ray then comes off the ropes with a second penalty kick attempt which Gibbs narrowly avoids before rolling her up with a schoolgirl.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Kay Lee Ray tackles Sadie Gibbs and charges her back-first into the corner before hitting her with a series of shoulder thrusts to the midsection, Kay Lee then begins to use her foot to choke Sadie which Gibbs eventually manages to stop, shoving Ray back down to the mat before hitting her with a knee strike to the face, with Kay Lee now groggy but still on her feet, Sadie attempts to hit her with a springboard reverse crossbody which Ray manages to roll through on into a pinning predicament.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Kay Lee Ray waits for Sadie Gibbs to begin getting back to her feet before attempting to hit her with a superkick which Sadie manages to block, catching Kay Lee's foot before spinning her around and hitting her with a German suplex, Gibbs then waits for Ray to groggily get back to her feet in the corner before attempting a handspring back elbow smash which Kay Lee manages to counter by getting both of her knees up, Ray then hops up to the middle rope but gets caught with a roundhouse kick to the side of the head, knocking her over the top rope and down to the floor.

When Kay Lee Ray groggily gets back to her feet on the outside of the ring, Sadie Gibbs hits her with the Sasuke Special before rolling her back into the ring and ascending to the top rope for a rounding moonsault which Kay Lee narrowly avoids by rolling out of the way before hitting Sadie with the Code Red.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Kay Lee Ray hits Sadie Gibbs with a superkick before setting her up for the KLR which Sadie manages to counter into a backslide pin.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Kay Lee Ray hits Sadie Gibbs with a vicious headbutt followed by a reverse STO transitioned into the Koji Clutch for the submission victory.

Winner: Kay Lee Ray
    After the match, Kay Lee Ray keeps Sadie Gibbs locked in the Koji clutch and with referee Artémis Ortygie having no luck in breaking the hold.....

TAKE COVER
    .....Toni Storm charges down to ringside which prompts Kay Lee to release the hold and when Toni slides into the ring, Ray rolls right out of it before backing up the entrance way as Storm briefly checks on Sadie before retrieving a microphone from Francesca Brown at ringside.

Toni Storm
    "Where are you going, Kay Lee? I thought you wanted somebody to step up

Kay Lee Ray
    "Toni... I already beat you! you can't challenge for this title anymore! You're not next in line... you're not even at the back of the line! I'm done with you a....."

STARS IN THE NIGHT
    Kay Lee's interrupted by Paige walking out onto the entrance way behind her with a microphone in hand.

Paige
    "Toni... Toni... Toni... Kay Lee's right! You did lose the chance to challenge for the NXT UK Women's Championship whilst she's still champion when you lost that I Quit Match... however... that was months ago, Kay Lee is clearly lacking in challengers and let's face it... this is my house now! You see, Johnny Saint hired me to be the Supervisor of the Women's Division and as Supervisor of the Women's Division I intend to make an impact and I can't think of a better place to start than with the two of you. So... next week you will face an opponent of Kay Lee Ray's choice and if you win that match, Toni... you will once again be eligible to challenge for the title, you will earn a spot in a Gauntlet Match and the winner of that match will go on to challenge Kay Lee Ray for the NXT UK Women's Championship at TakeOver: Dublin!"

Ray smirks and raises the microphone up to her mouth.

Kay Lee Ray
    "Well... we all know what a good friend you are Toni so next week, you're facing your new pal Sadie Gibbs!"

Paige nods in agreement at Kay Lee's announcement and makes her way backstage as Ray and Toni stare each other down until Gibbs groggily gets back to her feet and faces off with Storm in the ring.

-

Andy Shepherd
    "What an announcement, Nigel! That high stakes Gauntlet Match taking place in just a few weeks but next week it's Sadie Gibbs versus Toni Storm and if Toni Storm can somehow win... she enters the Gauntlet Match and could potentially be challenging Kay Lee Ray for the NXT UK Women's Championship at TakeOver: Dublin, and how about Paige? Taking the role of the Supervisor of the Women's Division here on NXT UK."

Nigel McGuinness
    "Paige certainly knows how to make a great first impression, Andy and I'm looking forward to seeing how she shakes up the Women's Division in the future but as far as Toni Storm goes, she can't be looking ahead to Dublin or even the Gauntlet because Sadie Gibbs is not going to be an easy obstacle to overcome."

Andy Shepherd
    "Well speaking of the Gauntlet Match, Nigel, one Superstar who I'm sure is looking forward to it is the newest edition to the NXT UK Women's Division. Let's take a look at The French Hope Amale."

Nigel McGuinness
    "We've seen Amale a few times here in NXT UK before, Andy but never in such a high stakes affair like this Gauntlet Match. I'm excited to see what she brings to the table."

Andy Shepherd
    "So am I, Nigel. So many members of the Women's Division getting their first opportunity with this Gauntlet Match and I'm sure they'll make the most of it."
    Singles Match
    Jack Starz Mark Coffey
    The match starts with both Superstars meeting in the centre of the ring for a lockup with Mark Coffey quickly gaining the upper hand by backing Jack Starz against the ropes, holding him there until referee Chris Sharpe forces him to release Jack after the "4" count, after doing so, Coffey begins backing away but instead hits Starz with a hard right-handed punch to the jaw which drops Jack to his knees, Mark then brings Starz back to his feet in a cravate but Jack fights him off with a series of punches to the midsection followed by a modified jawbreaker and a step-up enzuigiri.

As Mark Coffey staggers backwards into the centre of the ring, Jack Starz comes off the ropes with a swinging arm drag, when Mark groggily gets back to his feet by the ropes, Jack charges in but is narrowly sidestepped and tossed chest-first into the ropes before being laid out with a Northern lariat, Coffey then waits for Starz to get back to his feet before coming off the opposite ropes with a body block, with Jack now motionless against the ropes, Mark attempts a second body block which Starz narrowly sidesteps, sending Coffey out to the floor before laying him out with a wrecking ball dropkick.

When Mark Coffey groggily gets back to his feet at ringside, Jack Starz attempts to hit him with a topé suicida which Mark narrowly avoids, causing Jack to crash into the barricade, Mark then scoops Starz up and hits him with a tilt-a-whirl slam onto the ring apron before rolling him back into the ring but when Coffey climbs up onto the apron in an attempt to re-enter the ring, Jack cuts him off, hitting him with a series of roundhouse kicks to the thighs, causing Mark to get caught up in the ropes before Starz comes off the ropes with a low-angle front dropkick to the side of the head.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Jack Starz attempts to bring Mark Coffey back to his feet but Mark hits him with a knee lift to the midsection followed by a flapjack across the top rope and a half nelson suplex before waiting for Jack to groggily get back to his feet before coming off the ropes with an enzuigiri.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Mark Coffey sets up for No Mercy which Jack Starz manages to fight before countering the hold into a small package.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Mark Coffey hits Jack Starz with a low-angle big boot to the face before coming off the ropes with a knee strike to the side of the head before coming off the ropes for a second time to quickly follow up with the Crowning Glory for the three count.

Winner: Mark Coffey
    Nigel McGuinness
    "Mark Coffey looking to make a name for himself as a singles Superstar here on NXT UK and he's definitely off to a good start with this victory tonight over Jack Starz."

Andy Shepherd
    "Yes he is, Nigel and I'm sure we'll be seeing from him again very soon but now let's send it over to our broadcast colleague Radzi standing by with another one of the eight tag teams set to take part in the upcoming NXT UK Tag Team Championship tournament."

The camera cuts to Radzi Chinyanganya smiling whilst standing backstage in front of an NXT UK backdrop.

Radzi Chinyanganya
    "Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews... South Wales Subculture."

The camera pans out to show South Wales Subculture standing on either side of Radzi.

Radzi Chinyanganya
    "Flash... Mark... next week the tournament to crown the brand new NXT UK Tag Team Champions kicks off and the two of you will be in action as you take on Primate & Wild Boar - The Hunt."

Mark Andrews
    "Radzi... we've been to the dance before. Flash and I became the NXT UK Tag Team Champions in front of our countrymen at TakeOver: Cardiff but less than two months later... gone. We had the crowd behind us, cheering us on, chanting our names because they know that every time we step into that ring we steal the show... and we let them down. We're not gonna let them down again. At TakeOver: Dublin we're bringing those Tag Team Titles back home with us to Wales and every other team that's put in front of us in this tournament is gonna Fall... to... Pieces!"

Flash Morgan Webster
    "And it starts next week with The Hunt!"

South Wales Subculture walk off screen as Chinyanganya continues smiling behind them.

Andy Shepherd
    "Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews - South Wales Subculture are looking to become the first-ever two-time NXT UK Tag Team Champions and their first opponents... Primate & Wild Boar - The Hunt!"

Nigel McGuinness
    "That match takes place next week, Andy and I know that both teams will be giving it their all. Nobody wants to be eliminated in the first round."

Andy Shepherd
    "Absolutely, Nigel and that's the beauty of having a Tag Team Division the calibre of ours here on NXT UK. Any of the eight teams involved could make it to the final at TakeOver: Dublin and they would belong there without question... but only two will. Next week we'll find out two of the teams that make it to the Semifinals however as The Grizzled Young Veterans take on Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams and South Wales Subculture take on The Hunt."

Nigel McGuinness
    "I cannot wait for next week, Andy. This tag team tournament is one that you do not want to miss... and speaking of....."

Andy Shepherd
    "Speaking of is right, Nigel because up next we have our main event of the evening. We heard Kay Lee Ray speaking about it earlier in the night and whilst I don't agree with the disparaging remarks made against Kay Lee and her reign as the NXT UK Women's Champion, I've got to agree that this is a dream match and the biggest match in NXT UK TV history as The Ring General WALTER looks to defend his NXT United Kingdom Championship against Ilja Dragunov."

Nigel McGuinness
    "It was April 2nd when Ilja Dragunov bested nineteen other Superstars to earn this opportunity and for five months the opportunity was denied but tonight, tonight Ilja Dragunov finally has the chance to prove that he is indeed... Unbesiegbar!"
    Singles Match for the NXT United Kingdom Championship
    Ilja Dragunov WALTER
    The match starts when Ilja Dragunov charges across the ring and hits WALTER with a huge European uppercut in the corner as he's attempting to remove his entrance jacket, Ilja then follows up with several more European uppercuts in the corner followed by a series of forearm strikes to the side of the head, backing WALTER against the rope before Irish whipping him across the ring, when WALTER comes back, Dragunov attempts to leapfrog over him but WALTER manages to catch him in mid-air before hitting him with a front powerslam.

One... Kickout!

Following the kickout, WALTER calmly removes his jacket and passes it to Alexander Wolfe at ringside as Ilja Dragunov begins to groggily get back to his feet, WALTER then grabs Ilja by the wrist and pulls him up into a Saito suplex.

One... Kickout!

Following the kickout, WALTER begins laying into Ilja Dragunov with a series of mounted forearm strike to the face until he's admonished by referee Tom Scarborough, WALTER ignores this however and continues laying into Ilja until Tom physically pries him off, at which point WALTER begins to intimidate Scarborough, backing him into the corner, when WALTER attempts to turn his attention back to Dragunov, Ilja kicks kicks his legs out from underneath him, causing WALTER to fall face-first into Dragunov's right shin.

With WALTER now groggy and on his knees, Ilja Dragunov comes off the ropes with a penalty kick attempt but gets caught with a snap scoop powerslam followed by a jumping knee drop, WALTER then attempts to go for the pinfall with his shin across the throat of Ilja but Tom Scarborough refuses to count the fall until WALTER switches to a lateral press.

One... Kickout!

Following the kickout, WALTER grabs Ilja Dragunov by the wrist and brings him up to his knees, scraping the bottom his foot across Ilja's face several times which only fuels Dragunov until he's back on his feet, WALTER then attempts to hit Ilja with a big boot which Dragunov narrowly avoids, before hitting WALTER with a flurry of slaps across the face followed by a spinning back fist to the side of the head, a rolling elbow and finally a high knee strike under the chin which sends WALTER staggering backwards into the ropes, when WALTER returns, Ilja catches him with a gamengiri which sends him through the ropes and out to the floor where he's met by Alexander Wolfe.

As WALTER is recuperating at ringside, Ilja Dragunov launches himself through the ropes with a topé suicida, Alexander Wolfe sees this coming however and shoves WALTER out of harm's way only to be laid out himself and when Ilja gets back to his feet, WALTER hits him with a big boot followed by a back suplex on the ring apron before rolling him back into the ring and ascending to the top rope.

As WALTER is perched on the top rope, Ilja Dragunov gets back to his feet and charges towards the corner, hitting WALTER with a palm strike to the face followed by a European uppercut before quickly scaling the ropes himself and taking WALTER down with an avalanche cross armbar, after trying and failing to make it to the ropes for several seconds, WALTER manages to get back to his feet before muscling Ilja up for a single-arm buckle bomb.

As Ilja Dragunov staggers out of the corner, WALTER grabs him in a Gojira Clutch attempt which Ilja manages to fight his way out of with a series of back elbow strikes to the midsection followed by an overhead kick which sends WALTER staggering backwards into the corner, Dragunov then works over WALTER's midsection with a series of punches before coming off the ropes only to run straight into a knee lift to the midsection, WALTER then palms Ilja's head and tosses him off into the ropes but Dragunov comes right back with the Konstantin Spezial, turning WALTER inside out.

One... Two... Kickout!

Following the kickout, Ilja Dragunov waits for WALTER to begin groggily get back to his feet before backing into the corner and calls for the Torpedo Moskau but before he can hit it, Alexander Wolfe grabs hold of his leg from ringside which allows WALTER to his Ilja with a body avalanche followed by the Schmetterling Suplex.

When Ilja Dragunov groggily gets back to his feet in the opposite corner, WALTER charges in but gets caught with a back elbow strike to the face followed by a diving European uppercut from the middle rope, Ilja then waits for WALTER to begin getting back to his feet before coming off the ropes with a Grüße aus Moskau attempt which WALTER narrowly avoids before coming off the ropes with a lariat of his own.

Rather then going for the pinfall following the lariat, WALTER drags Ilja Dragunov back to his feet and sets him up for the Golden Bomb which Ilja manages to counter by landing on his feet behind WALTER before taking him down to his knees with a chop block, Dragunov then comes off the ropes with the Grüße aus Moskau to the back off the neck followed by one to the front to take WALTER off his feet.

With the crowd now firmly behind him chanting "Ilja!", Ilja Dragunov backs into the corner and yells "UNBESIEGBAR!", waiting for WALTER to groggily get back to his feet before charging in for the Torpedo Moskau which WALTER manages to counter with an open-handed chop to the chest in mid-air, WALTER then drags Ilja back to his feet and hits him with a knee lift to the midsection followed by a powerbomb attempt which Dragunov manages to counter with a series of punches to the head followed by an arm-trap crossface.

After several seconds of being locked in the arm-trap crossface, WALTER manages to make his way to the ropes but rather than releasing the hold, Ilja Dragunov drags WALTER right back into the centre of the ring, eventually WALTER manages to battle back to his feet and hits Ilja with a running Death Valley bomb into the turnbuckles to break the hold.

After taking a second to recuperate, WALTER seats Ilja Dragunov on the top turnbuckle and hits him with an open-handed chop to the chest before setting up for a superplex, Ilja fights WALTER off with a series of punches followed by a headbutt however, knocking him back into the ring before taking him down with a front missile dropkick.

When WALTER groggily gets back to his feet in the opposite corner, Ilja Dragunov charges in with a high knee strike followed by a rolling snapmare before coming off the ropes with another knee strike, Ilja then backs into the corner and motions for WALTER to get back to his feet, as WALTER does so, Dragunov yells "UNBESIEGBAR!" before charging in and hitting the Torpedo Moskau.

One... Two.....

The pinfall attempt by Ilja Dragunov on WALTER is broken up by Alexander Wolfe pulling Ilja out of the ring and tossing him into the barricade which leads to Tom Scarborough disqualifying WALTER.

Winner: Ilja Dragunov
    After the match, Alexander Wolfe continues laying into Ilja Dragunov on the floor with a series of stomps before rolling him back into the ring to WALTER who sets Ilja up for Verwüstung until.....

BRUISERWEIGHT
    .....Pete Dunne slowly walks out onto the entrance way which prompts WALTER to shove Dragunov to the mat, after posing for a second at the top of the entrance way, Pete charges to the ring and slides right into it, shedding his entrance jacket as he does so before throwing it in the face of WALTER to thwart a lariat attempt, Dunne then charges across the ring and nails Alexander with a forearm smash to the face which sends Wolfe out to the floor.

After sending Alexander Wolfe out to the floor, Pete Dunne turns his attention to WALTER and backs him into the corner with a flurry of strikes until WALTER shuts him down with a knee lift to the midsection, WALTER then attempts to follow up with an open-handed chop to the chest which Pete narrowly avoids before leaping up onto WALTER and locking him in a guillotine choke with bodyscissors, despite WALTER trying to fight the hold for several seconds, Dunne manages to bring him down to the mat and transitions into a Kimura lock.

-

Nigel McGuinness
    "Dunne's got the Kimura locked in!"

Andy Shepherd
    "He's going to tap, Nigel! WALTER's going to tap!"

-

Just when it looks as though WALTER is about to tap out, Alexander Wolfe manages to pull him out of the Kimura lock and out to the floor, IMPERIUM then begin backing up the entrance way as a furious Pete Dunne stands up in the ring, tossing his jacket in the face of Alexander before staring down WALTER who's still favouring his left arm.

As IMPERIUM make their way backstage, Ilja Dragunov stands up behind Pete Dunne with a smirk on his face, Pete snarls, sensing Ilja's presence and turns around to Dragunov pointing in his face, Dunne then performs his signature taunt and the two Superstars stare each other down in the centre of the ring as the show comes to a close.
    Last edited by devochka; 09-24-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    us=United States

A solid first show. Just a few notes...

im not too familiar with the NXT UK roster so when I saw their pictures for the match I was looking for their names. It felt weird not seeing their name right under and I kinda got the idea when reading the match but sometimes I just had no idea who was who.

unless I missed it I didn’t see a reason why the tag titles were vacated...I was confused on why that would happen.

i loved Paige being in charge of the women’s division and it really makes it stand out more with that star power. I didn’t understand why Paige, especially, on day one would let Ray pick her opponent. It felt a little heelish to give that power to a heel so I’m not sure if you’re with Paige being a face/heel. Either way I loved the idea of Paige running it and hopefully more star power gets added on to the division.

i loved the main event and great match. A potential WALTER/Dunne/Dragunov I’m all for it.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Y2J WorldChamp View Post
    A solid first show. Just a few notes...

im not too familiar with the NXT UK roster so when I saw their pictures for the match I was looking for their names. It felt weird not seeing their name right under and I kinda got the idea when reading the match but sometimes I just had no idea who was who.

unless I missed it I didn’t see a reason why the tag titles were vacated...I was confused on why that would happen.

i loved Paige being in charge of the women’s division and it really makes it stand out more with that star power. I didn’t understand why Paige, especially, on day one would let Ray pick her opponent. It felt a little heelish to give that power to a heel so I’m not sure if you’re with Paige being a face/heel. Either way I loved the idea of Paige running it and hopefully more star power gets added on to the division.

i loved the main event and great match. A potential WALTER/Dunne/Dragunov I’m all for it.
    Your point regarding the names is noted. I'll remember that for future shows.

I didn't give a reason for the Tag Titles being vacated but the reason is #SpeakingOut. A few members of the current NXT UK roster were named as a part of that and I made the decision to exclude them from this BTB, Wolfgang (who was one half of the Tag Team Champions with Mark Coffey) being one of them.

Looking back I can see why Paige would come off heelish there but that wasn't my intention. That particular match and storyline is one I went back and forth on. Originally it was just going to be Paige making a match between Kay Lee Ray and Toni Storm with the same stipulation of Toni earning a spot in the Gauntlet Match if she won.

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Just wanted to drop some quick thoughts on your first show. Absolutely love your layout here, mate.

Nice win for A-Kid to kick off the night, I like the idea of a surprise win to kick off the night. Gives a nice idea that a fan won't have everything figured out and anything can happen. Thought this was a nice write up too and gave a nice, fast-paced opening. Excited for what you might have planned for both of these men here.

Liked that promo from KLR, and seems like Gibbs could be a big deal for the NXT UK brand. I feel like NXT UK does have a rather strong women's division but it is not highlighted enough for me personally. Wasn't really expecting Sadie to win, but she had a nice showing overall. Kind of meh about Toni Storm coming out here. I feel like her time with UK is over especially in the title scene. The gauntlet match is a fun idea though and I am hoping to see someone like Killer Kelly go ahead and make her return.

Really not a fan of either Coffey or Wolfgang. I am pretty sure Joe and Wolfgang are gone now, so let's see if you can make me a fan of Mark ahah.

Is this just a four team tournament? Shame if you left out Pretty Deadly here. My favorite team and really enjoyable to watch.....

... Just kidding, saw commentary said eight teams. Pretty Deadly for the belts!

Really good main event, kind of wish there would have been a pinfall/submission finish with this being the first show back. I think that either man would have come back from a loss, in fact a pissed off WALTER without a belt would make for some extremely compelling television. Other than that, really fun match. I liked that final appearance from Pete being back in the UK. Loved the concept of WALTER about to tap only for Imperium to pull him out. Leaves a lot to wonder if the belt was on the line and the armbar was locked in.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I am going to be honest right off the bat...........

I am not overly familiar with NXT UK except for a few names but I am definitely gonna be reading your take on it

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rasky View Post
    Just wanted to drop some quick thoughts on your first show. Absolutely love your layout here, mate.

Nice win for A-Kid to kick off the night, I like the idea of a surprise win to kick off the night. Gives a nice idea that a fan won't have everything figured out and anything can happen. Thought this was a nice write up too and gave a nice, fast-paced opening. Excited for what you might have planned for both of these men here.

Liked that promo from KLR, and seems like Gibbs could be a big deal for the NXT UK brand. I feel like NXT UK does have a rather strong women's division but it is not highlighted enough for me personally. Wasn't really expecting Sadie to win, but she had a nice showing overall. Kind of meh about Toni Storm coming out here. I feel like her time with UK is over especially in the title scene. The gauntlet match is a fun idea though and I am hoping to see someone like Killer Kelly go ahead and make her return.

Really not a fan of either Coffey or Wolfgang. I am pretty sure Joe and Wolfgang are gone now, so let's see if you can make me a fan of Mark ahah.

Is this just a four team tournament? Shame if you left out Pretty Deadly here. My favorite team and really enjoyable to watch.....

... Just kidding, saw commentary said eight teams. Pretty Deadly for the belts!

Really good main event, kind of wish there would have been a pinfall/submission finish with this being the first show back. I think that either man would have come back from a loss, in fact a pissed off WALTER without a belt would make for some extremely compelling television. Other than that, really fun match. I liked that final appearance from Pete being back in the UK. Loved the concept of WALTER about to tap only for Imperium to pull him out. Leaves a lot to wonder if the belt was on the line and the armbar was locked in.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I agree, about Toni to some extent. NXT UK has a great Women's Division but they aren't quite as established so Toni still being on the roster can be used to raise everybody up, hopefully that starts to show with the Gauntlet and beyond.

Mark's definitely the member of Gallus that I'm least familiar with myself and without Joe and Wolfgang around he's kind of a blank slate so hopefully you'll like what I have planned for him.

Yep, eight teams. Two Quarterfinal Matches on the next show and two more on the show after that.

I did seriously consider doing that. A big title change to kick off the new era. Obviously I decided against that though.

Quote Originally Posted by NamelessSavior View Post
    I am going to be honest right off the bat...........

I am not overly familiar with NXT UK except for a few names but I am definitely gonna be reading your take on it
    Thanks for showing your interest. Enjoy.

Chikara Trainee

Status

WWE Network Upcoming Events #1

BT Sport Studios | London, England | 24 September 2020

Quarterfinal Match of the NXT UK Tag Team Championship Tournament
    Amir Jordan & Kenny Williams VS The Grizzled Young Veterans
    Singles Match
    Dave Mastiff VS Levi Muir
    Quarterfinal Match of the NXT UK Tag Team Championship Tournament
    South Wales Subculture VS The Hunt
    Singles Match
    Sadie Gibbs VS Toni Storm

If Toni Storm wins, she'll be added to the number one contender's Gauntlet Match
    3Arena | Dublin, Ireland | 25 October 2020

Final Match of the NXT UK Tag Team Championship Tournament
    ????? VS ?????
    Singles Match for the NXT UK Women's Championship
    Kay Lee Ray VS ?????

Full Tournament Bracket

Thread Information