Thread: WWE Clash of Champions 2020 - Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Clash of the Champions WWE Clash of Champions 2020 - Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    The gold rush is on, and it will be a family affair at WWE Clash of Champions when Roman Reigns defends the Universal Championship against his cousin, Jey Uso.

Uso initially questioned why Reigns aligned himself with Paul Heyman upon his return to WWE, but he soon found that Heyman close relationship with The Big Dog had its benefits. After Sheamus brutally assaulted Big E and slammed him through a car windshield, Reigns’ “special counsel” arranged for Uso to take his place in a Fatal 4-Way to determine his next challenger. In a thrilling main event battle on SmackDown, Jey bested King Corbin, The Celtic Warrior and Matt Riddle to earn the championship showdown with a man he grew up alongside.

Will The Big Dog wreck his cousin to retain his title, or will Jey Uso welcome Reigns to The Uso Penitentiary and put the Universal Title on lockdown? Find out at WWE Clash of Champions, streaming live Sunday, Sept. 27, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network!

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2020 - Universal Champion Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso

Although this comes across as such a weak PPV title match, I'm in favor of it. One of the biggest flaws of the WWE tag team division since practically...ever, has been that the individual wrestlers aren't treated with as much respect as other companies like WCW or ROH treated theirs. As unlikely as it is that a guy like Road Warrior Hawk, Ricky Morton, or Mark Briscoe could win a World Title, it only boosts up the star power of the tag team division to show that tag team wrestlers are capable of securing big matches too.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Yeah I'm totally fine with this match.

I think it's possibly building up to something bigger down the line as well maybe.

Either way, should be a fun match to give Roman that first title defence victory before moving on. Great platform for Jey Uso to shine as well potentially.

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I love this as a concept. The first title defence is usually a throwaway match anyway, might as well make it an interesting one by giving the spotlight to someone fresh.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Wrestling Goddest

Status
      Country                    United States

I think this match is meant to show Roman as a heel by beating up his cousin. For those fans who might not buy him as a heel just yet.
    From Cincinnati, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by the all pink everything herself...BattleKat

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

I honestly hope we get a better match up than most people are expecting. I hope this isn't a squash and they let Jey Uso do what he can do. I think there's potential here to really get some shine on him and really put it out there that even if you are half a tag team you can still shine in the singles division. Count me as interested to see what they do.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I love it for a number of reasons:

1) It gets us immediately away from the Fiend and Braun in this title. That could of killed any interest in Reigns' return for me if he got bogged down in a title program with either of those duds.

2) Jim's point about doing more with tag team wrestlers as singles guys. Jey Uso has been on this roster for the best part of a decade now, and all I know about him is he's NOT the Uso married to Naomi. This is a chance to do something different with him that may end up improving him as a worker, and add a new dynamic to his tag team when Jimmy returns.

3) It saves time to keep building up realistic challengers to Roman. I wouldn't of liked the idea of doing Roman Vs Big E or Roman Vs Riddle now, I think build those guys up more and then you might have a program worthy of a Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. You can't really do Roman Vs Jey at a big 4 PPV.

4) It could be the perfect opponent for Roman to flex his heel persona and style of match with him beating up family.

I can't see them booking another match for COC that I'll anticipate more than this.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Count me in on the "I like it" train. At first I was like "what?" but after reading what happened and thinking about it, it sounds like an interesting match. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will play out. Well done, WWE.

Roman's not going to lose the title but this will be a great snapshot of what he'll be like as a heel for this run.

Thread Information