Thread: Cardi Bs new song

Main Eventer

Status

Cardi Bs new song

So I never heard of the song until today...so I checked it out.

Not much different than Lil Kim or Madonna sexual freedom type songs.

Many say the song is empowering to women and some say its setting woman back by objectifying them.

I'm not sure where I stand i think the song sucks but that could be because I m not a fan of rap and hip hop.

I can see both sides of the argument.

Woman, like men should be free to sing about , talk about whatever they feel like.

Amongst my male friends, talking "locker room talk" ( as Trump apologists call it) was frowned upon. We usually made fun of friends ( one or two of them)who tried to talk up their sexual conquests. We did that out of respect for our female friends. I have a friend who cheated on his wife and it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth who knew as it was wrong.

I'm not sure why woman think that most men are talking like this or getting high fives for being a male whore...

However, I get the impression some woman think that going to these levels empowers them. I dont think it does as it it doesn't empower men either.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-07-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    The Scummiest of Scums!!!!!!!!!!!

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Re: Cards Bs new song

I don't think women feel like most men are talking like this, but it goes without saying that a significant proportion of them are. Even working in a school, a good number of my colleagues do constantly talk in this manner.

That's anecdotal, though, but it's an undeniable fact that there are a ridiculous amount of hip hop songs by men that talk in EXACTLY this manner, referring to themselves as pimps, etc. Some of them are quite good. So yeah, fair play to her. Love me some WAP.
    Last edited by SuperSaiyan; 09-07-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: it's a family forum

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Just want to point out that I actually like the genre of music and still thought the song was trash. I don't buy into it being demeaning or whatever though. Everybody just needs to live their life.

WAKE UP

Status

I preferred Cardi when she was rapping about how she doesn't need to be a stripper to make money any more.

This isn't new, Nicki Minaj was doing this stuff 5+ years ago.

I don't like the song but don't knock Cardi for making it. In the old days it was the old cranky right wing christians who'd be offended by this shit.

That said I think the people putting this shit on a pedestal as some great song and moment for women's empowerment are fucking mopes. It definitely ain't high art.

I don't follow current music and I certainly aren't up to date on what's hot in rap, however; even I've heard a lot about this Cardi B song. Sounds like a pretty big success to me.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I haven't actually heard the song at all, I dont think it could be anywhere near as good as Ben Shapiro basically chopping his own dick off when he trashed it in his far right style.

Cardi B's music just doesn't do anything for me.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: Cardi Bs new song

Isn't this the same girl that openly admitted to drugging guys and robbing them?

I can't vouch for her songs and can only judge her from an interview I saw on like jimmy fallon but I'll just say my opinion isn't flattering.

WC without Duke is like McDonalds without the Big Mac. - DD

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Duke View Post
    Isn't this the same girl that openly admitted to drugging guys and robbing them?

I can't vouch for her songs and can only judge her from an interview I saw on like jimmy fallon but I'll just say my opinion isn't flattering.
    Yeah she did say that. and theres actually people who defend her for this.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Duke View Post

It is quite ridiculous how that is just largely ignored, especially in this day and age when cancel culture will kill peoples careers for a single tweet they made a decade ago.

Main Eventer

Status

Cardi Bs in a feud with Candace Owens and Candace is pretty funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=za2TVmQqtOM

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    It is quite ridiculous how that is just largely ignored, especially in this day and age when cancel culture will kill peoples careers for a single tweet they made a decade ago.
    There are a lot of double standards in the world these days. In this particular instance, some people think it's alright because it was a woman assaulting males and they were either alright with it or should just suck it up. Men's feelings in these situations don't matter to many, which is a huge problem that goes way beyond a Cardi B song.

However, it's important to remember that a lot of those that are vocal in her defense are your typical Redditor/keyboard warrior. They represent a very small portion of the online community, and their opinions shouldn't be taken seriously.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Thread Information