Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: WC’s Favourite Films of the 2010’s!

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WC’s Favourite Films of the 2010’s!

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Never saw the fuss about Drive, but this thread certainly makes me wanna give it another go. Whiplash is a very deserving runner up.

Couple of stats for y'all

- Most represented year? 2014. Least? 2015 (that surprised me, I have a lot of faves from that year)

- Only 3 Oscar Best Film winners made the final countdown (Birdman, Spotlight and Moonlight, the latter the highest placing)

- What do Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Captain American: Civil War & Avengers: Infinity War all have in common? All topped their respective years in the WC Fave Five, yet didn't get a single nomination here. Apes is the most notable, the film it beat to number one? Drive.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. I feel like the top 20 as a whole is a satisfying group of movies to represent the decade, even if I don't personally like all of them.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Shock actually voted for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and we all praised it as a great trilogy

Captain America Civil War nearly made my list at #10 but I cut it expecting someone else would vote it and not wanting more than one MCU movie on my list. It's such a fun movie &probably my favorite straight up "super hero" spectacle. Easily the best villain. Introduction of BP & Spider-Man were meant af. I would've included it if I knew no one else would. Infinity War is also a great shout but probably wouldnt have made my top ten. That said, they're both in my top 5 MCU movies w/ Winter Soldier, Black Panther & Ragnarok.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Truth be told until it didn't show up at the end I thought Infinity War was going to be in the top 3. Its easily better than every MCU film with the exception of Winter Soldier and maybe Iron Man. It was close to my own list but sent my vote to Winter Soldier instead.

Civil War is a mess of a film that I have never enjoyed. It's one of my least favourite MCU films alongside the likes of Thor Dark World, Iron Man 3 and Endgame.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Shock actually voted for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and we all praised it as a great trilogy
    I meant Rise!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Oh shit yeah I didn't realise Drive hadn't come up! Excellent #1! Whiplash also a solid #2. I think the top 10 is a pretty good list even if, like Dave, there are films on there that I don't really like.

Guardians of the Galaxy is my favourite Marvel film and though whilst nowhere near my top ten I'm glad it been the rest of the MCU films in the rankings.

Dave - massive thanks for putting this together! Was a fun list to follow and I've picked up a great number of recommendations from here. I watched Moneyball the other night after seeing it on here and my Netflix and enjoyed it. Hopefully will get to watch more soon enough.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information