Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: Whatever It Takes - Avengers: Endgame MAFIA

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Re: Whatever It Takes - Avengers: Endgame MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I was Nebula
    You were 2023 nebula. Shake was 2017 nebula.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

So was Shake.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    So was Shake.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

When you bastards got the other stones early on I had no choice but to keep low and have some attention on me to try and keep myself alive.

I was fighting with revealing it yesterday but then we'd be in the same position anyway potentially without the doc so we'd end up being screwed after one extra day anyway.

GG to the winners and Sully...don't take this one too hard, we were on the right lines. Oh and Shawn where's that $20 going dude?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Baldrick, I feel the need to tell you about your one mistake in the game.

We were struggling on thinking who we wanted to kill the final night, because we needed to make sure Mitch didn't telegraph it. We thought there was a CHANCE that he'd realize that he and Sully were the obvious saves and that he might go with you. But your mistake was that post about the beers, When you made that post that seemed scummy as all hell, we knew that you weren't being saved. GG though, honestly.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Fun game to read throughout. Great game Man! Well played boys.

Don’t make me Chang this

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Man
    MAFIA TEAM INFORMATION

SHAWN, YOU ARE THANOS
    MAFIA ALIGNED DON

Don:
    As the Mafia Don it is your responsibility to send in the mafia factional kill during each Night Phase. Each Night, PM the Game Mod the name of the player you wish to target and, barring no interceding actions, that player will be eliminated from the game.

Last Man Standing:
    You cannot be eliminated from the game until EBONY MAW and CULL OBSIDIAN have been eliminated from the game. If you are killed by any method before both of these players have been eliminated, you will not die.

Infinity Stones:

REALITY STONE

You are currently in possession of the Reality Stone. As a result of this, the first time your alignment is investigated, you will be shown as being TOWN ALIGNED. You will return a Mafia Aligned result for any subsequent investigations. If you are investigated by a Role Cop, your role will be shown as "Inconclusive".

POWER STONE

You are also in possession of the Power Stone. As a result of this, on ONE night, you can choose to convert your kill into a Strongman Kill. Your intended target will die, and any protection afforded to them will not have any effect. The only thing that will be able to stop this is if the holder of the Space Stone chooses to commute your target.

If you obtain the remaining four Infinity Stones, as a result of either winning them in the Draft or by eliminating other players which hold Infinity Stones, you can choose to snap your fingers. The effect of this will be that up to 50% of the remaining players in the game will be eliminated from the game, decided by RNG. You are the only player guaranteed to survive. This means that you could snap one or more of your Mafia teammates out of the game. If the snap results in the mafia team obtaining the voting advantage, the game will end and you will win. However, once you have snapped your fingers, the damage sustained to you will mean that you will only be able to perform the Mafia factional kill one time following the Snap. Your only opportunity to perform the Snap will be during the phase after the final Avenger holding an Infinity Stone has been killed.

RATEDR31, YOU ARE EBONY MAW
    MAFIA ALIGNED ROLEBLOCKER

2x Roleblocker:
    As the Mafia Roleblocker, you can target one player on two Night Phases, and that player will be prevented from carrying out any night action they may have on that chosen night. When you would like to use this, PM the Game Mod the name of the player you wish to target and, barring no interceding actions, any action performed by that player will not take effect.

SAYER, YOU ARE CULL OBSIDIAN
    MAFIA ALIGNED GOON

Goon:
    As the Mafia Goon, you do not possess any additional abilities.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE MAFIA TEAM:

- The three of you collectively have one entry in the Infinity Stone Draft. Once you have decided your number and the Stone you would like, please can one of you respond to this PM with your choice.

- You have a fourth team member; NEBULA (2014). Nebula was brought to 2023 in place of her future counterpart to infiltrate The Avengers. This player is a Vanilla Cop and will be able to check one player each night and you will be informed whether that player's role is "VANILLA TOWNIE". You will receive this information at the beginning of the following day, barring any interceding actions with their investigation. This player's vote contributes towards the mafia team. You are not being informed of this player's identity. However, if this player chooses to check any of you, this player will be able to join the chatzy and communicate with all of you. This player has their own entry in the Infinity Stone Draft. If this player is targeted for the mafia kill, before they have found one of you, they will be eliminated from the game.
    YOU WILL WIN WHEN THE MAFIA TEAM CONTROLS THE VOTE
    RAINSHAKER, YOU ARE NEBULA (2014)
    MAFIA ALIGNED VANILLA COP

Vanilla Cop
    You are not yet permitted to be in contact with your three teammates. As the Mafia Vanilla Cop, you can check one player each night, and your team will be informed at the beginning of the following day whether the player you have chosen's role is "VANILLA TOWNIE". If the player you choose is one of your teammates, then you will be able to enter communications with your teammates in the mafia chatzy. Your vote counts towards the mafia team's vote, even if you are not found. If you are targeted by the Mafia Kill before you are found, you will be eliminated.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR ENTRY FOR THE INFINITY STONE DRAFT:
    - REQUESTED STONE
    - NUMBER FOR DRAFT

YOU WILL WIN WHEN THE MAFIA TEAM CONTROLS THE VOTE
    BROC LOBSTER, YOU ARE T'CHALLA/BLACK PANTHER
    TOWN ALIGNED BULLETPROOF

1x Bulletproof:
    As you have a Bulletproof, the first time you are targeted by a killing action, Okoye and the Dora Milaje will prevent you from being eliminated from the game by taking the blow for you. Please note that if you are targeted with a Strongman Kill, you will be eliminated immediately and your role is not to be confused with a Lynchproof.

- REQUESTED STONE
    - NUMBER FOR DRAFT

YOU WIN WHEN ALL THREATS TO TOWN ARE ELIMINATED
    SULLY, YOU ARE TONY STARK/IRON MAN
    TOWN ALIGNED INVENTOR

3x Inventor:
    As the Town Inventor, you will create tools to help the rest of the Avengers, which will be delivered in the form of one-off abilities. The available perks are:

1. Vanilla Cop (they can check whether the chosen player is a Vanilla Townie)
    2. Role Cop
    3. Save
    4. Bodyguard
    5. Track
    6. Watch
    7. Jail
    8. Motion Detector
    9. Lie Detector
    10. Double Voter for the following day

Each Night, PM the Game Mod the name of the player that you would like to send an invention to as well as a number between 1 and 10. I will then randomise the a number of times (determined by your choice) and then send the chosen player the resultant number (e.g. if you choose 8, I will randomise the list 8 times and then send the 8th item on the list after that). You can do this up to three times during the game, but can only send a maximum of one invention at a time. Please exercise caution, as it is possible for you to send a perk to the mafia team should you choose one of them. The chosen player will then be able to use their one-off at any time in the game from the following night (depending on the role).

- REQUESTED STONE
    - NUMBER FOR DRAFT

SLICK MITCH, YOU ARE BRUCE BANNER/THE INCREDIBLE HULK
    TOWN ALIGNED DOCTOR

Doctor:
    As Town Doctor, you can choose one player each night to protect from a Night Kill. You can choose the same player on consecutive nights. Each Night, PM the Game Mod the name of the player that you would like to save. If the player you choose to save is targeted by a Strongman Kill, they will be eliminated from the game.

If you are eliminated, you can choose one player to have a one off save which they can use at any time for the remainder of the game. If you do not choose, one Town player will be chosen to receive this at random.

- REQUESTED STONE
    - NUMBER FOR DRAFT

BALDRICK, YOU ARE PETER QUILL/STAR-LORD
    TOWN ALIGNED VANILLA TOWNIE

Vanilla Townie:
    As a Vanilla Townie, you do not possess any additional abilities.

- REQUESTED STONE
    - NUMBER FOR DRAFT

Baldrick also had the final Infinity Stone. The Space Stone was not chosen by anyone in the Draft, so was automatically allocated to mafia, although they were not permitted to use the attached power.

So, first of all congratulations to the mafia team for a strong performance. My view looking back on the game was that mafia, Shawn especially, were slightly overpowered and perhaps I could have removed one of Shawn’s perks or given a couple of town players an extra one off to even things out. However, it was not out of the realms of possibility for town to have won this game.

No one picked up on the link between Jam and SS apart from Shawn and Sayer, admittedly I likely wouldn’t have given I’m not involved in FWA, but Jam’s kill was just written off as random by town. The biggest misstep for town for me was not lynching Sayer on Day 2. I get going after Shade because he hammered SS, but if Sayer isn’t mafia then that really doesn’t mean anything. If I was playing I would have pushed for Sayer’s lynch then as a source to get reads and information. Sayer won the trust from a couple of players and rode through the game that way. Town was also hurt by some stronger characters being on the quieter side, which really allowed mafia to control the flow of the game, including the masterful last play to get Shawn lynched. Also, even with knowing that Rated was the way to go, town missed a huge opportunity to discuss the way forward after that by just breezing through the lynch.

My aim for the game was to create discussion and decrease the reliance on information and get people to go on reads a bit more. From speaking to a couple of the dead players (shout out to Wang and SS especially for assuring me everything was fine on numerous occasions ), some had mafia nailed on but some were completely duped, which again points to the strong performance of the scum team.

Sully almost cracked what was happening, and had it not been for Shawn’s last man standing perk he would have likely led town to victory, but his early trust in Sayer helped mafia build a strong base, even though their roleblock on Shake N1 prevented him from finding them earlier and their roleblock of Sully N2 prevented Shake from getting a role cop.

All of mafia played well but Shawn takes MVP for me, and imo claims his position as one of the strongest scum players we’ve got at the moment after a string of wins as mafia.

That’s all I’ve got to say about that. Any questions I’ll do my best to answer and I’m not put off this mod stuff just yet. So get ready for the next one...

Spoiler:

RIC FLAIR AND THE NEW HORSEMEN: THE NATURE BOY'S LAST RIDE
    NOW PLAYING IN THE BTB SECTION

WC's Favourite Video Games of the 2010's - The Countdown | The Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

I won some BTB awards a while ago...

People's Champion

Status

I'm just gutted the other two stones went early so my hands were tied a fair bit until I had no other choice but to get involved a lot more.

Fair play to the mafia team though.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Def a fun game. Thanks for putting it together Man. Also Sully can we be friends now

-ICONIC-

Don’t make me Chang this

Status
      Country                    UK

As suggested by a couple of others - I may have to sequel this so Thanos doesn’t win in the end

RIC FLAIR AND THE NEW HORSEMEN: THE NATURE BOY'S LAST RIDE
    NOW PLAYING IN THE BTB SECTION

WC's Favourite Video Games of the 2010's - The Countdown | The Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

I won some BTB awards a while ago...

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    As suggested by a couple of others - I may have to sequel this so Thanos doesn’t win in the end
    Well, Thanos has all of the stones now... Sooooo...

Snap

Solved that problem and wiped out the whole MCU.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

I really don't think mafia was overpowered. Rated had a 2x RB that we wasted and I had nothing.Balance was fine.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Well, Thanos has all of the stones now... Sooooo...

Snap

Solved that problem and wiped out the whole MCU.
    I'm sure Ed will accept that $20 you git haha.

Don't think the game was unbalanced at all, especially given how it played out.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

If we lynched Sayer day one. Shake would have skated by unless Shawn pulls the here is the info card again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    If we lynched Sayer day one. Shake would have skated by unless Shawn pulls the here is the info card again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I can defo take the L on the day one part. I played a shocker in this game.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread Information