Thread: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - July 3, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - July 3, 2020

Friday Night Smackdown Preview
    July 3, 2020

AJ Styles and Drew Gulak set for Intercontinental Championship clash

AJ Styles put a target on his back when he invited the entire blue brand roster to witness his Intercontinental Championship presentation. The first Superstar to get an opportunity at the title will be the supremely skilled Drew Gulak.

Styles defeated Daniel Bryan in an epic showdown to usher in his first Intercontinental Title reign, but The Phenomenal One’s preoccupation with Bryan has proven costly, as a shift in attention allowed both Gulak and Matt Riddle to seize victories over Styles.

Will Styles remain focused on the task at hand, or can Gulak claim the workhorse title?

Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown on FOX this Friday at 8/7 C to see the matchup of high-level competitors.

Sheamus ready to raise a glass to Jeff Hardy

Sheamus has invited his fellow blue brand Superstars to pop a bottle and join The Celtic Warrior in a toast to the legendary Jeff Hardy.

The “celebration” came in response to Hardy’s impassioned interview two weeks ago where he promised to overcome his latest obstacle. Sheamus defeated Hardy in a heated battle at WWE Backlash and has been overflowing with confidence ever since.

Will The Charismatic Enigma confront The Celtic Warrior over the disrespectful gesture? Or will the toast awaken the demons for Hardy?

Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown on FOX this Friday at 8/7 C to join Sheamus in his toast to Hardy.

Matt Riddle steps into the ring for exclusive interview with Michael Cole

Fresh off of his shocking SmackDown debut and subsequent victory against Intercontinental Champion AJ Styles, what’s next for Matt Riddle?

Michael Cole will join Riddle in the middle of the ring this week for an exclusive interview to determine what the future might hold for Friday night’s newest Superstar.

After making such a big splash in his very first match, where does The Original Bro go from here?

Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown on FOX this Friday at 8/7 C to find out.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Friday Night Smackdown Live Discussion - July 3, 2020

Cole interviewing Riddle is the start of ‘Matt Riddle just likes to have fun’

Styles Vs Drew sounds good, I’ll be checking that out.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Cole interviewing Riddle is the start of ‘Matt Riddle just likes to have fun.
    Matt Riddle in a dance contest within a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

AJ vs Gulak was a solid match, I’d be down to see them go at it again. Anytime Gulak is in the ring honestly feels like a treat, the guy is just so good.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Heel Champion

Status

AJ/Drew and Morrison/Riddle were both great imo. I enjoyed Smackdown despite the lack of Bray/Braun to build their match. I thought the Morrison/Riddle was great, I actually liked Corbin on commentary especially when he made the point about "Do you see Riddle grabbing onto Morrison after the elbow, that means he's rocked".

Bayley and Sasha continue to dominate WWE but I'm not keen on the regularity of these Alexa/B or S matches. There are other women on the roster for them to use.. Naomi? Lacey?

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Well it wasn't the start of Matt Riddle likes to have fun, but it might be the start of Matt Riddle's feet gimmick. I really wouldn't want to see more focus on him wrestling barefoot next week. Other than that, I think they're continuing to do a good job with Riddle's booking, he's 2-0 and is feuding with a number of heels on the show to establish him as an upper midcard guy.

Match wise, really strong first hour of Smackdown with Riddle/Morrison (Morrisons best match since his return probably) and AJ/Gulak. AJ's already my favourite IC champion in quite a number of years. I don't think the Daniel Bryan Zoom call added anything to the match because it was obvious it was pre taped and he wasn't making any reference to the actual match. If they would just tone down the sillyness of the Hardy/Sheamus feud then there would be a lot to enjoy about the male roster outside of Braun's title reign which has no chance of being good being tied in with Bray Wyatt atm.

I really could use a bit of a break from Sasha and Bayley, they're on TV way too much atm.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

SmackDown feels really down on Star Power. And it’s not like anyone important is necessarily missing. Bryan still got on the show, AJ was there, Braun and Bray got a replay. None of them felt important though or did anything important. The Riddle stuff fell flat for me, the guy screams “unlikable douche heel that you want to see get punched in the face”, he doesn’t work as a babyface and him working with 3 of the biggest losers in the company does nothing for him. The JoMo match should have been a 2 minute squash, having a hard fought match with a comedy jobber doesn’t make him look good.Sasha and Bayley feel like the most important act by far but more matches with Alexa and Nikki is pure snoozeville.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Pretty decent show, some good matches.

This is the most I've ever enjoyed Bayley & Banks.

Did anyone else notice that Gulak appeared to have 'HAVOC' written on his wrist tape? Unless I've got that wrong.. Seemed a bit uhhh, off to me with everything going on.

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Gulak appeared to have 'HAVOC' written on his wrist tape? Unless I've got that wrong.. Seemed a bit uhhh, off to me with everything going on.
    It was a tribute to Danny Havoc, not Jimmy.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    It was a tribute to Danny Havoc, not Jimmy.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Right, that makes much more sense. I was a little worried.

Didn't even know about Danny Havoc. So young as well. Really sad.

Cheers for letting me know mate!

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

Thread Information