Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 29, 2020

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 29, 2020

Monday Night Raw Preview
    June 29, 2020

Huge double Extreme Rules contract signing set for Raw tonight

Last Monday, two huge championship matches were set for Extreme Rules: The Horror Show: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler and Raw Women’s Champion Asuka vs. Sasha Banks. Now, all four Superstars will be in the ring at the same time, as Samoa Joe officiates what is sure to be a contentious double contract signing.

As things heat up ahead of The Horror Show at Extreme Rules, what will happen when these bitter rivalries converge in the ring? Is chaos inevitable?
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - June 29, 2020

Peyton's Brainbuster was sweet.

Bayley has grown so much as a heel, and her and Sasha are an entertaining duo. So of course WWE is overexposing them. Not a huge complaint, Sasha popping up so much and being booked so well is miles better than anything else the WWE is doing.

McIntyre's so dull, WWE have a certain type when it comes to the Main Event.

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Agreed on Peyton Royce and somewhat agreed on Bayley and Sasha though, to me, Bayley's recent behavior comes across like she's basically imitating Chris Jericho and since she's never gonna be as good as Jericho, it isn't a great comparison for her. Giving Sasha matches with Asuka and Io is awesome though, and probably exactly what she needs before parting ways with Bayley and once again trying to become the top dog in the women's division.

Totally disagree on McIntyre though. This week wasn't anything special for him. Probably one of his most tame weeks tbh. Generally though, he is able to flip the switch between charming and funny, and intensely intimidating. He's the first top guy in a while that I personally think is legitimately cool and not just playing the part.

I'm super interested to see what this Liv/Natalya/Lana thing turns out to be. Zelina and MVP have their stables they manage. Are they trying to build a stable for Lana?
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

So a week after Andrade and Garza were seemingly the next contenders for the tag team titles they implode and break up?

Only watched the YouTube highlights but I actually like the direction generally. Agree with EC on McIntyre, I really think he is coming across as 'cool' and would be very over with crowds by now.

Sasha Banks might be my favourite act in WWE right now. I actually think they put the title on her at Extreme Rules and do a winner takes all with Bayley at SummerSlam.

Heel Champion

Status

Viewership data is in for Monday’s WWE RAW and Friday’s SmackDown. Here is the breakdown of the live and same-night DVR viewership, courtesy of ShowbuzzDaily:

Monday’s edition of WWE RAW averaged 1.735 million viewers, which is down from the 1.922 million viewers last week.

Here is the hourly viewership breakdown:

• Hour 1: 1.862 million, 0.54 in the 18-49 Demo
    • Hour 2: 1.751 million, 0.48 in the 18-49 Demo
    • Hour 3: 1.592 million, 0.43 in the 18-49 Demo
    Down by over 0.2.. Am I the only one that found the show a talk-fest?

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    Agreed on Peyton Royce and somewhat agreed on Bayley and Sasha though, to me, Bayley's recent behavior comes across like she's basically imitating Chris Jericho and since she's never gonna be as good as Jericho, it isn't a great comparison for her. Giving Sasha matches with Asuka and Io is awesome though, and probably exactly what she needs before parting ways with Bayley and once again trying to become the top dog in the women's division.

Totally disagree on McIntyre though. This week wasn't anything special for him. Probably one of his most tame weeks tbh. Generally though, he is able to flip the switch between charming and funny, and intensely intimidating. He's the first top guy in a while that I personally think is legitimately cool and not just playing the part.

I'm super interested to see what this Liv/Natalya/Lana thing turns out to be. Zelina and MVP have their stables they manage. Are they trying to build a stable for Lana?
    The big thing with Bayley to me is when you compare her now to when she first turned heel she's come along a lot. Initially she just looked miserable, and Sasha's charisma doesn't dwarf her as badly as it once did. She's doing well as an annoying heel.

I just dont seen anything in Drew, he seems bland as every other top guy in WWE and rocks the same greasy hair + beard look they all do as well.

Heel Champion

Status

According to the Wrestling Observer, several WWE Superstars were missing in action from Monday Night RAW. These Superstars included: Liv Morgan, Natalya and Rey Mysterio.

Liv Morgan was on a boat trip with Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose and Mandy Rose’s mother.

Rey Mysterio was scheduled to be on the show, but decided to stay at home with his son Dominick and cut the promo/segment there instead.

Natalya was kept off the show as a precaution after her husband and backstage producer Tyson Kidd had a fever. Both tested negative for COVID-19.

Additionally, Austin Theory and Randy Orton did not appear on the show. No word has been released on the status of Theory or Orton in terms of their health.

F4W Online

Thread Information