Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evolution Pro Wrestling 2.0

Respected bookerman

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Evolution Pro Wrestling 2.0

I’m a bit iffy about having Heyman come out like this to address the PPV not meeting expectations. Zoom is right by saying it’s very much something you’d envisage Heyman doing in ECW, being straight with the fans, and if he wasn’t an on-air character – an on air recently turned heel on-air character – then it’d work much better, but it just blurs the lines for me. Him playing cheerleader to build up the fans and hype the company would’ve been fine if he was still a face, but he’s not a face anymore, yet he comes across as a big time face to this audience right now.

I’m also a bit confused about what Heyman was trying to prove, and what Styles point was when referring to “keyboard warriors complaining” about the PPV. To me, the term keyboard warrior isn’t complimentary, yet, Heyman has obviously agreed with them and affirmed their complaints if he’s felt it necessary to pull his roster in for another nights work and make up for the PPV bombing. So is he angry that people criticised the show and responding with this, or recognizing that the IWC have a point and is making it up to them here?

Also, I can’t believe Nash didn’t have a smart ass comment for Styles when Joey mentioned how they weren’t supposed to be working tonight. There’s surely a bonus coming Nash’s way for doing an extra date lol.

That’s a hell of an effort for your first match back. It’s always a daunting task writing a match after a while off, so jumping straight in with a biggie like this is worth commending you on. Much more satisfying conclusion that a non-finish from the PPV too, and a big moment to replay in videos packages etc with the Frog Splash off the cage to seal the win for RVD. Pretty abrupt Codebreaker from Jericho too which I love; not just standing there to let Van Dam do the thumb taunt in his face.

Liked Edge turning the internet complaints about the main event into the complaints being because he wasn’t in the main event. Again, for a guy that’s recently turned heel, Paul Heyman has come across very much like a face on this show, including here by putting Edge in a big time main event.

I get needing to make up TV time and cutting the entrances, but if it’s Tajiri’s debut you could’ve at least had his entrance on TV, or better yet save his debut for another week seeing as this wouldn’t have been advertised in advance if this show was supposed to be a “Best Of” anyway. Match I’m sure was full of great action, but it does feel like a waste of Tajiri’s debut, as there’s no mention of a Tarantula or the Mist; no showcasing of his biggest crowd pleasing spots, just another cog in the wheel – and he wasn’t even involved in the finish.

So I can imagine the Hassan being popular with a Hammerstein Ballroom crowd, lol. Guessing he’s one of the most despised heels on this entire roster. Wondering what Heyman has in mind for him before he’ll give him his title shot though.

Well, that was impressive from Danielson. Looks like a total killer.

Not sure what to make of the Punk/Styles meeting here. Was it a genuine wishing of good luck from AJ, or has he got some ulterior motive?

Big win for Punk in the main event, albeit with some assistance from Kurt Angles music. Clearly, that’ll piss Edge off and he’ll be coming after Kurt for some revenge as that issue heats up. Does a lot for the Pacific title too, getting a main event spotlight, and the champion beating a former world champion to boot, closing out the show.

The Only One.

Status
      Country                    Australia

Thank you all for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. Obviously a lot of rust but hopefully there is some improvement as I roll on. As mentioned previously, I will probably not do too many previews from here on but just to move things along a little, I thought I'd post the below. For those who haven't read the opening post, Online Oblivion is a 30 minute Saturday night web based show, which allows for (generally) mid/lower card talent to be showcased in longer matches, which I post in a VERY simple recap.

Online Oblivion Results
    Saturday February 9 2008

Drew McIntyre def. Colt Cabana @ 5:31

Drew McIntyre continued his dominant start to life in EPW when he faced off with Colt Cabana. Despite Colt putting up a solid battle, Drew put him away with a Claymore Kick to get the three count.

AJ Styles def. Monty Brown @ 11:09
    AJ and Monty put on a very entertaining encounter which included Monty getting away the Pounce on AJ. Unfortunately for Monty, he was unable to capitalise though, as the force of the popular move sent AJ through the ropes and down to the outside. Once back inside the ring, AJ's class shined through, putting Brown away with the Styles Clash.

Also announced on Online Oblivion was the scheduled 5 Man Cruiserweight Number One Contenders match to feature this week on Enslaved, whilst Brian Kendrick & Paul London will be in action when they take on Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas.

NOW PLAYING IN BE THE BOOKER.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Fuck yeah, first Online Oblivion which I've always really liked as a name by the way. Anyway, Drew continuing to rack up wins is fine, and Styles/Brown is awesome. A shame it's not on a show where it would get written out in more detail.

Shows how stacked your rosters are in terms of quality though. Even the Cruiserweight and tag match on the next Enslaved should be full of goodness.

The Only One.

Status

Evolution Pro Wrestling
    Enslaved
    Hammerstein Ballroom
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"What a screw job!"

Enslaved opens with its usual video package, to the tune of the aptly titled, "Enslaved" by Motley Crue and after a pan of the rabid faithful, the camera focus’ on the empty stage.

~ CRUSH U UP ~

A big reception greets Samoa Joe, as the man himself steps out on to the stage, dressed to compete, towel draped over his shoulders. Amidst the raucous welcome, Joe swaggers down to the ring and heads inside before requesting a microphone.

“Welcome to Enslaved, Ladies and Gentlemen, Samoa Joe wasn’t with us last week but he's in action up first tonight to open the show and it looks like we’re about to hear from him before it kicks off” Adds Joey Styles.

In the middle of the ring, Joe wastes no time, telling us that our “fearless leader”, Paul Heyman conveniently forgot to mention to him in a timely fashion that he had in fact decided to bring us all in for Enslaved last week, and as such he missed the show. Joe warns Heyman that if he thinks he’s just gonna disappear out of thin air, he needs to think again. He says he can throw whatever he wants at him, ‘cause nothin’ is gonna stop him on his quest for the EPW Championship.

~ ALPHA MALE ~

Having not been seen for a while, The Alpha Male, Monty Brown makes his way out to solid spray of heat from the Ballroom. Monty performs his usual antics on the stage before heading down to the ring.

“I got no idea where he’s been, but Monty Brown is back, baby! I got a feelin’ that Joe’s about to feel the POUNCE…Period”

Thanks for that, Kevin. Once inside the ring, the two competitors end up nose to nose before the bell rings with Joe apparently not overly bothered by having to take on Brown tonight.

Match 1 || Singles Match
    Samoa Joe v Monty Brown
    A fun opener from the two athletic big men, with both competitors getting their fair share of offence. Joe in control, whips Monty off the ropes but The Alpha Male is a step ahead! Ducking under a Clothesline and bouncing himself quickly off the ropes again – THE POUNCE! NO! JOE COMPLETELY NO SELLS IT AND SHOULDER BARGES MONTY AWAY! The fans pop as Brown charges straight back at Joe – SAMOAN DROP FROM SAMOA JOE!!

A big roar fills the ball room as Joe acts quickly, pulling Monty up to his feet before setting him up and DRILLING HIM WITH THE MUSCLE BUSTER!!

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Match Result || Samoa Joe def. Monty Brown @ 7:24

“No one’s kicking out of the Muscle Buster, Joe takes the win to open the show!” Styles chimes in as Joe stands up and has his arm lifted by the referee. It’s short lived though, as he is suddenly clubbed over the back and dropped to the canvas by…

……

MUHAMMAD HASSAN!

The Ballroom unleashes ungodly heat upon Hassan as he beats the living shit out of Joe!! The barrage is ongoing with a series of left and right hands to the back of the head of The Samoan Submission Machine! Daivari, standing alongside the situation just screams at Hassan in his native tongue, presumably encouraging him to continue! The attack is relentless until Hassan finally relents with the constant pummelling – BUT HE SLAPS ON THE CAMEL CLUTCH!!!

The fans continue to unleash on Hassan as he wrenches the famous hold with a big smirk on his face! He pulls back as hard as he can with no sign of ceasing as the fans break out in a chant of “FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!”

Finally Hassan releases the hold and the lifeless body of Samoa Joe falls to the mat whilst the Daivari and Hassan stand tall over the top of him, Hassan with his hands in the air while Daivari can be held screaming “BEHOLD THE GREAT MUHAMMAD HASSAN!”

The fans continue to unleash when Styles pipes up “Last week on Enslaved, we saw Paul Heyman ask Muhammad Hassan to do something for him… I wonder if this is related to that conversation?!” Nash chimes in immediately – “I’m no fan of that turncoat Samoa Joe, but what I just watched was a disgrace, Muhammad Hassan and his little puppet are both pieces of crap and I hope they get what’s comin’ to them.”

Strong words from Big Sexy as we fade to commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved and we are straight backstage with Maria who is standing by with Edge. Maria asks Edge if he’s excited about his match tonight where he will be teaming with Chris Jericho to take on the EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle. Edge scoffs at Maria and pulls the microphone out of her hand “Kurt. KURT!” Starts Edge. “I hope you’re listening, I dunno how you did it, but your little trick last week cost my match against some no body called CM Punk… your piece of crap performance at The Awakening cost me my chance at a title shot… well, I’m done! And tonight, you find out the hard way that you need to stay the hell out of my business!”

Back at ringside, we find Kid Kash, Billy Kidman and Matt Sydal already in the ring.

~ OH CANADA! ~

A small pop welcomes Petey Williams as he makes his way out, playing up to the fans and slapping hands with a few of them on the way down the aisle before he enters the ring.

Once he slides in, Styles pipes up. “This is the first time we’ve seen Petey Williams in the same ring with Kid Kash since Forsaken when he drilled him with an unbelievable Top Rope Canadian Destroyer!” Nash then continues. “I don’t even understand why Kid Kash is in this match, Aries pinned him at The Awakening, so he shouldn’t be able to have another shot at the title even if he wins this, but oh well, here we are.”

~ PITBULL ~

Decent heat welcomes The Redneck Messiah, Jamie Noble, fresh off his win last week in the 6-man tag team match. Noble, clearly not giving a fuck about the fans, makes his way down the aisle and slides into the ring.

“What an exciting match this bodes to be, Nash. Five of our best Cruiserweights, the first competitor to get a pinfall or submission will be the winner and will go on to face the Cruiserweight Champion at After Dark!” Joey Styles informs us of the stakes involved with this match as the bell rings.

Match 2 || 5 Man Cruiserweight Number One Contendership Match
    Kid Kash v Billy Kidman v Matt Sydal v Petey Williams v Jamie Noble
    The five Cruiserweights turn it on from the start, pulling out high flying move after high flying move. Currently outside the ring, Jamie Noble is teeing off on Billy Kidman, up against the steel turnbuckle. Noble then throws Kidman into the guardrail with a big thud!

The fans dump shit on Noble as he pulls Kidman back to his feet until THEY BOTH EAT A MOONSAULT FROM THE TOP ROPE FROM MATT SYDAL! THE THREE OF THEM CRASH ON TO THE FLOOR TO A BIG ROAR FROM THE FANS!

Inside the ring, Kid Kash has Petey in the corner and is unleashing with a series of turnbuckle thrusts. Petey manages to get a knee up and counter, sending Kash stumbling backwards but he’s straight back at Williams although this time he gets a foot up in his face!

“PETEY! PETEY!”

The fans make their allegiance known as Williams acts quickly – DRILLING KID KASH WITH THE CANADIAN DESTROYER! COVER!

ONE!

……

TWO!

NO!

IT’S BROKEN UP BY MATT SYDAL!

Petey can’t believe it and he’s straight back up to his feet, face to face with Sydal as Jamie Noble crawls back into the ring behind them! He’s up and straight across the ring at the duo but Sydal managed to turn and see him coming and ducked out of the way of the oncoming clothesline – BUT NOBLE DRILLS WILLIAMS INSTEAD! Petey clatters down to the floor and Noble turns straight into a DROP KICK FROM MATT SYDAL – WAIT! NO, HE DOESN’T!

Noble managed to dodge the Dropkick from Sydal and Matt hits the canvas momentarily before getting straight back to his feet, ducking under a clothesline from Noble and suddenly darting across the ring before bouncing off the ropes and FLYING BACK WITH A CROSS BODY – BUT HE’S CAUGHT BY JAMIE NOBLE!!

INSANE STRENGTH BY THE REDNECK MESSIAH AS HE CATCHES SYDAL, HOISTS HIM UP ON HIS SHOULDERS AND DELIVERS THE DOUBLE KNEE GUTBUSTER!!!

The fans actually pop the move for the sheer spectacle of it but Noble can’t get to a cover as he’s rushed by Kidman – but he just eats a dropkick from Noble and hits the canvas hard! Noble doesn’t even both getting back up, instead crawling across the ring and covering Sydal!

ONE!

…..

TWO!

PETEY IS UP ON THE APRON!

THREE!!

NOBLE DOES IT! PETEY COULDN’T GET THERE QUICKLY ENOUGH!

Match Result || Jamie Noble def. Everyone else @ 8:01 to become Number 1 Contender to the EPW Cruiserweight Championship

~ PITBULL ~

Noble’s music hits immediately and he’s straight up to his feet with a big shit eating grin on his face as he looks at Petey and gestures that the belt is going around his waist while we head to a commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, we find Jamie Noble walking down a corridor unstrapping his wrists when he runs into Austin Aries, with the Cruiserweight title draped over his shoulder. Noble scoffs a little, before slapping the title on Aries’ shoulder before telling him to enjoy the time he has left with the belt, ‘cause at After Dark, he’s takin’ it back to the trailer park with him.

We cut elsewhere to find Bryan Danielson with Christy Hemme, who asks the Dragon if he was hoping to see Mick Foley here tonight? Danielson says he wasn’t hoping to but he was expecting it, in fact he thought it was a guarantee that Mick Foley would be too proud not to show up tonight but he was wrong. Foley is no where to be seen once again. He calls him a hypocrite for the ages, he says when he took some deserved time off after Forsaken, Foley pissed and moaned for weeks about him not being around, even sitting in the ring with a blindfold waiting for me to show up, which only got his head kicked off by Matt Morgan – yet, now he thinks it’s okay to do it himself. He tells Foley he’s a disgrace and that next time he gets the chance, he’s gonna put a knee to his face just like he did to Sonjay Dutt last week.

Back at ringside, Brian Kendrick and Paul London are inside the squared circle whilst The World’s Greatest Tag Team are in the middle of their entrance, slapping hands with the fans before they slide into the ring.

~ DAWGZ ~

Big heat fills the Ballroom as the EPW Tag Team Champions, The Latin American eXchange make their way out on to the stage. Flags draped over their shoulders, the trio swagger down the aisle, hissing at the fans before arriving at ringside where Homicide and Hernandez hold their titles aloft for the folk in the ring to admire. The trio then make their way around the ring and find their seats on Commentary! Konnan parks himself next to Nash and puts on a headset. LAX are about to be welcomed by Styles only to be cut off by Konnan before he can hardly get a word in – “WELCOME TO THE 5150, HOLMES! Gringo, you can have a rest from this one if you want?! We got this!” Nash has a little giggle before adding, “I think he’s talking to you, Styles, you can go have a little rest?”

Match 3 || Tag Team Match
    Brian Kendrick & Paul London v Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

Not much to talk about, a fun filled filler match between two good Tag Teams, contested in fantastic spirit, entertaining the fans enormously with some entertaining spots.

The finish comes with Kendrick hitting the Sliced Bread #2 in his own corner on Charlie Haas! Unbeknownst to everyone, Paul London makes the blind tag in the process and immediately ascends the turnbuckle! Shelton Benjamin storms the ring and breaks the attempted cover on Haas that didn’t matter anyway and ends up knocking himself and Kendrick through the ropes and out of the ring!

London then flies off and nails Haas with the SHOOTING STAR PRESS! ONE! TWO! THREE!

Match Result || Paul London & Brian Kendrick def. Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas via Pinfall @ 7:42

~ LONDON CALLING ~

“London and Kendrick haven’t been here long, but they’ve already beaten The World’s Greatest Tag Team twice, surely they’re the next in line for a shot at the World Tag Team..." Styles is cut off by Konnan “PLEEEAASSEEE! HOMBRE! These slippery gringos ain’t fit to lace mah boots, let alone get inside ‘da same ring as ‘da Dawgz!”

That said, the camera then focus’ on Homicide and Hernandez who are up on their feet and suddenly, and randomly climb on to the announce table and lift their titles up in the faces of Paul London and Brian Kendrick who gesture they should join them in the ring as we face to commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, Pacific Champion, CM Punk is interviewed by Maria. He tells her that he is continuing to prove that he can take on anyone, and his victory over Edge last week just emphasises that. He says he is a fighting Champion and he will take on all comers. He says so much so that he is excited to be defending the Pacific Championship in a Fatal Fourway at After Dark and is going to have great interest in the qualifying matches when they start next week.

Elsewhere, we find RVD and Kurt Angle, who are met with a big roar in the Ballroom. Getting ready for their match, both look ready to go with Angle, in particular, looking as intense as ever.

~ METALINGUS ~

The reception from the Ballroom is nothing short of ferocious for the former EPW Champion. In true form, once on the stage, Edge baits the fans even more, before making his way down to the ring, sliding in under the bottom rope in trademark fashion.

~ BREAK THE WALLS DOWN ~

Darkness fills the arena momentarily as The Number One Contender to the EPW Championship makes his trademark entrance. Arms spread wide when the lights come on, Jericho struts arrogantly down the aisle and heads up the steps, joining Edge in the ring.

“What a decorated team this is!” Nash proclaims on commentary as Edge and Jericho stand side by side in the ring.

~ WALK ~

BOOM! The roof is blown as it’s Van Dam who is surprisingly out first. Van Dam steps out on the stage, belt strapped around the waist, he performs his thumb taunt and then heads immediately down to ringside, awaiting his partner.

Styles adds on commentary – “The Champion out first here which is a bit of a surprise, but we haven’t seen Angle since The Awakening so this reaction could be massive as well.”

~ MEDAL ~

And there it is, the music of The Olympic Gold Medalist hits and out comes Kurt Angle to an equally massive reception from the Hammerstein Ballroom. Kurt pulls out all the bells and whistles, setting off his pyro on the stage before heading down the aisle amidst a chant of “EDGE, SUCKS!” to the tune of the music. Angle, eyes locked on Edge heads straight into the ring, Van Dam right behind him and waits for the bell to ring.

Match 4 || Tag Team Match
    EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam & Kurt Angle v Edge & Chris Jericho
    The fans buy right into this one from the start, but it’s the heel team, Edge and Jericho who have largely the upper hand, isolating Van Dam and making regular tags in and out to keep fresh.

Having just made a tag, it’s a 2 on 1 mugging in the corner until the referee boots Jericho out of the ring, leaving the legal men, Van Dam and Edge in the ring. Edge continues to hammer away at Van Dam until the Champion manages to get a block in and deliver a right of his own, followed by another and another! Edge stumbles out of the corner and RVD follows him until he’s met with a kick to the gut! NO! Van Dam catches Edge’s foot and then nails the Windmill Kick to a huge roar!

Van Dam is straight up to his feet before shooting across the ring, bouncing off the ropes and nailing The Rated R Superstar with The Rolling Thunder! The fans erupt as Edge lays motionless whilst RVD makes his way to his corner and tags in Kurt Angle!

Angle charges into the ring amidst a huge roar and manages to thwart Edge who was crawling towards the corner to tag in Jericho! Angle pulls Edge up to his feet and whips him off the ropes and drills him with a standing shoulder block! The fans are right behind Kurt as Edge pretty much bounces straight up to his feet and with another Irish Whip, Angle bounces him off the ropes and looks to send him aloft with a back body drop but NO! Boot to the face by Edge!

Kurt drops to the canvas as Edge takes his opportunity and heads straight over to the corner to bring Jericho back into the match! The tandem act swiftly, pulling Angle up and with another whip, bounces him off the ropes and they send him flying with a double back body drop! Angle hits the canvas hard as the referee kicks Edge out of the ring and Y2J is quickly back into action – SPRINGBOARDING OFF THE MIDDLE ROPE AND NAILING THE LIONSAULT!!! THE LEG IS HOOKED!

ONE!

……

TWO!

NO!

KICK OUT!

The Ballroom pops, as Jericho, on his knees, runs his hand through his hair but then out of nowhere, right in front of the referee, he heads a corner (one that isn’t occupied by another person obviously) and begins ripping off the turnbuckle corner?!

This is met with distain by the Ballroom and naturally the referee is straight over to rectify the situation – whilst this is going on, Edge, who the referee has his back to, drops off the apron momentarily. With the referee busy, Jericho is back to Kurt and helps him up to his feet hurling him towards the ropes again – CRACK! EDGE NAILS ANGLE OVER THE SPINE WITH A STEAL CHAIR!!! THE FANS UNLEASH AND EDGE JUST HURLS THE CHAIR AWAY AS KURT STUMBLES FORWARDS IN A WORLD OF HURT! – AND STRAIGHT INTO A CODEBREAKER FROM CHRIS JERICHO!!!!

The Ballroom goes absolutely mental as Jericho rolls over and hooks the leg!

ONE!

RVD IS ON THE MOVE!!

TWO!!

SPEAR FROM EDGE TO ROB VAN DAM!!!!

THREE!!!

IT’S OVER!!

Match Result || Chris Jericho & Edge def. Rob Van Dam © & Kurt Angle @ 9:02

~ BREAK THE WALLS DOWN ~

The faithful pour ungodly heat on Edge and Jericho as the two of them stand up and have their arms lifted by the referee in victory.

“What a screw job!” Says Styles. “Screw job!? What?! None of those guy are named Bret! This isn’t Montreal, Styles, it’s the freakin’ Hammerstein Ballroom. That was just the ultimate opportunist being opportune” Nash retorts, going all Kliqy.

Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam both remain motionless in the ring as the referee attempts to lay the EPW Championship belt down on the ground next to RVD only for it to be pulled out of his hands by Chris Jericho who holds it up in the air with a big smirk on his face as we fade to black.

END SHOW

Evolution Pro Wrestling
    After Dark
    Hammerstein Ballroom
    Sunday, March 9 2008
    (Banner Credit - Battle Tank)

EPW World Championship
    Rob Van Dam (c) v Chris Jericho

EPW Pacific Championship
    CM Punk (c) v ??? v ??? v ???

EPW Cruiserweight Championship
    Austin Aries (c) v Jamie Noble
    Last edited by PARANoIR; 07-19-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I liked that little promo from Joe about how he missed the show because he wasn't told he was needed in time. Makes for a nice bit of logic and continuity with last week. As for the first match, it was a nice use of Nash to try get over Brown as a bigger deal that he seems to be given his loss on the online show and the fact you wrote that Joe wasn't all that fussed with facing him. But it was a solid win for Joe, can only assume he's on his way on the card with that one.

And then the post match stuff from Hassan. Again, liked the linking of his meeting with Heyman last week to it all, adds a little touch of conspiracy to it all. Seems to be setting up a Joe/Hassan match, would expect Joe to smash Hassan in that one and continue his climb up to main event level.

Decent enough promo from Edge, a smart move for Edge to respond given how Angle cost him last week. And the little shot at Punk about him being a nobody maybe suggests there's more to come from those two.

While I thought the cruiserweight match was another good showing for that division following on from last week's six man tag, I was kinda wondering where Tajiri was for this one? He's now been overshaddowed on debut and then not even in the number one contenders match the next week doesn't say a whole lot for him. But anyway, like I said, a good showing of the high-flying style these guys can offer your show. Williams and Noble seemed to really stand out in terms of the bigger spots in the match, and Noble following up his win last week by becoming number one contender. I thought this was another logical step forward in your cruiserweight feud.

And nice to see a little interaction between Noble and Aries, why only wonder would why Aries went looking for Noble then said nothing to him!?

Decent enough stuff from Danielson, I'm not all that familiar with the bit regarding the blindfold, but this keeps this issue with Danielson and Foley ticking over. Have to think there's a few more weeks in this with Danielson goading Foley until Foley finally shows up for a brawl.

Certainly seems like you're building to a LAX/London and Kendrick rivalry, which seems a solid choice for the tag titles. Konnan as a mouth piece works for me, always been great on the stick. Like you said, not a whole lot to the match, but gets things going between London and Kendrick and the champs, so another bit of logical booking.

Main event was fine, four top stars in the company going at it. I didn't think we needed the screw job references in the post match chat, the situation in this match was very different. But Edge getting a bit of revenge on Angle after what happened last week makes sense, and Jericho gets a win to keep him looking strong ahead of his title shot.

Overall, I thought this was a step up from last week. Everything seemed pretty logical and helped keep stories ticking over. I think we could have had some kind of mention/acknowledgement of Brock Lesnar after the massive match last week, but that's a small complaint. I liked it, good stuff!

Respected bookerman

Status
      Country                    Ireland

With the way Heyman has been fucking with Joe, him not telling Joe about the show being on last week in time is another nice example of it. Good way to explain his non-appearance last week, I thought by making it part of his ongoing angle.

Joe vs Monty should be on PPV, damn it! Push the Alpha Male... PERIOD! Strong start to the show anyway. And the attack from Hassan explains his meeting with Heyman last week. Wonder what’s in it for him?

Edge sounds angry, huh?

Sounds like Nash, calling out the oddity of Kash being part of the #1 Contender match then blowing it off with an “oh well”, lol.

Noble seems like the right choice to go over here. Feels like he’s on a hot streak here, with the win last week, and looking amazing in the closing stretch of this one. Excellent showcase for him, and the clash with Aries backstage gets the ball rolling between them.

Decent promo from Danielson, giving a little more backstory for anyone that’s just tuning in. Definitely a unique pairing, and it’s a suitably unique story being told.

Looks like London & Kendrick are next in line for the tag titles. Tbh, I think with only the one hour show, it’s a quick turnaround to a PPV every 4/5 weeks, and feels like matches are coming together mainly because they have to, rather than having time to build toward that destination.

Like here, there doesn’t appear to be any reason to get invested in this probable tag team program. It’s just a case of London & Kendrick being the contenders this month. Same goes with Noble winning his match. I could be wrong, and you’ll probs me wrong with some additional angles, but it’s just a feeling I’m getting from this show where the focus is all on the top 2-4 programs, then the lower title pictures just get thrown together.

Not a fan of a four way being booked for the PPV for no reason. And Punk seems a bit foolish for welcoming the match when he could lose his belt without being involved in the decision.

Find it a little strange that the champion was out first for his team, regardless of how long it’s been since Angle was in action. RVD should be the most important in the match imo, though I found the ‘Edge Sucks’ chants in line with Angles music to be pretty funny.

Finish to the match here was pretty good, with Jericho and Edge heeling it up nicely. Think the screw job talk was a little unnecessary, as it was really just a pretty typical heel win, and nothing overtly “screw job” about it. Jericho getting a win makes sense if you’re building him as a serious threat to the title, whilst the way Angle was beaten here lends itself to furthering his issue with Edge.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    United States

Joe is a monster, and I cant wait to see where he goes in this thread. While I love the idea of having him look strong against a beast like Monty Brown.. the pounce being no sold is a big problem for me. Because it's one of my favorite moves lol

The cruiserweight title contender match was a fun way to showcase multiple talents. Noble going over is alright, but I think hes just a placeholder until Petey can pull off the victory.

Danielson and Foley is a fun contrast in styles. I love that. Keep it up.

LAX vs Londrick sounds fun too, but it seems fairly simple to get a title shot. They beat the same team twice and they're at the top of the pile? Granted I'm not sure how small the pile is but it comes off rushed. However I love the idea of LAX standing on the announce table holding the titles in their faces, saving the action for a different time

I cant discredit Punk putting the title on the line in a random 4 way as I just did something very similar. I'm curious how you go about it and if he can retain the title.

The tag match is full of star power, and furthers the two PPV matches that will happen. The big card is starting to shape up nicely, and should be a fun read. I like the one hour shows, cant wait for the next one! Great job Para

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Fine enough little Joe promo to explain his absence from last week, although the promo itself was nothing special, served its role though, ya know? Joe was obviously winning, but be warned, I'm a huge fucking Monty Brown mark.

Hassan attacking Joe afterwards makes perfect sense after last week with Heyman, and is a decent little feud starter. I will say that the grey color you're using for commentary would be absolutely better if everything wasn't italicized as well. Having only the dialogue italicized with that silver grey color would definitely help differentiate it from your action, IMO.

While the Edge promo was good enough to keep bringing the heat to the feud, there was definitely something about it that felt a little bit awkward.

"Oh well, here we are" Nash really giving a shit right now hahahaha

You're seemingly all in on Noble right now, but I'm pretty okay with that because he's just money in the ring. I loved that standout spot to lead to the finish, was a great finish.

I can't say I'm honestly that into Danielson/Foley. It's not your writing, it's just I don't want to see Mick Foley anywhere near a ring in this time period, even in a fake reality :P

So London and Kendrick are the next contenders, I see :P don't have any reason to be invested in them yet, understandably so, but Konnan be wrestling in Vans before boots, I reckon :P They're not fit to tie his bandana, essa!

Punk promo definitely felt a bit like a waste since it was only used to get the matches over, and not anything really character wise with him. Bland face promo Punk ain't the greatest :P

I like the you stepped things to for the main event, and it was clear that the quality was upped. The fans unleash in all caps was kind of clunky there at the end, but it was overall a nice step up and also all for the heel chicanery in the booking to try and protect Angle in defeat. No problems there at all. Couldn't help but chuckle at Nash's post match comments either.

This feels like half assed feedback, and I'm sorry for that. Got a lot of shit going on, but I wanted to at least give you something mate. YNWA <3

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Well, safe to say I’m a happy man. Not only do we get show number two from you, but we’re kicking off with Joe and Monty Brown. It’s a little bit of shame that Brown isn’t a big deal around these parts, match could be so epic. Still, glad it wasn’t a complete squash although Joe looks like a monster no selling The Pounce. Completely the right call for Joe to go over the way he did, he’s the man in here right now.

No idea why I’m commenting on this AFTER the match, but Heyman not telling Joe that there was an actually a show last week is awesome. Such a dickish move, yet awesome. Looking forward to the Heyman/Joe angle continuing, which it looks like it will with the Hassan attack. Looping in Hassan’s conversation with Heyman on commentary was smart to show how this all fits together. A really good opening to the show for mine.

Edge being angry at Kurt make sense. I think it’s the whole “your performance at The Awakening” line that seemed a bit off here. I dunno. Still, segment as a whole does what it needs to.

Cruiserweight multi man match was always going to be fun. Ending really put over Noble hard, and I’m completely fine with that. Noble is the man. Relatively minor, but I enjoyed the interaction with Noble and Aries as well, kick starting that.

Interested to see how long the Danielson/Foley stuff strings along for. Solid enough promo from Danielson here. I was really digging this angle back in the day so looking forward to it heating up again soon.

Shows how good your roster is as every match tonight has probably been a banger, and this tag one would have been likewise. Love Nash buddying up a little with Konnan on commentary. I’m okay with London and Kendrick getting the win here, solid stuff.

CM Punk in a fatal four way at the PPV? Interesting.

A real small thing for the main event, even though it’s non-title, I feel the last entrance is always reserved for the bigger/more important name. Feels weird you’d give that to Kurt over the champion, imo. A pretty solid main event for the most part though. “Steel” not steal btw, lol but that’s just me being a dick. The cheap heel tactics to get Edge/Jericho the win worked well here, and a nice way for Jericho to keep momentum and Edge to get revenge.

Another completely fine show here. Good stuff. Enjoy the writing style as well, a breeze to get through.

The Only One.

Status

Online Oblivion Results
    Saturday February 16 2008

Non-Title Match
    LAX def. The Dudley Boyz via Pinfall after Homicide drilled Bubba with the Gringo Killa~! @ 13:34

One on One
    Austin Aries def. Tajiri in his one on one in ring debut after pinning him following a Brainbuster @ 11:25 in what was an entertaining match.

Drew McIntyre and AJ Styles had a backstage confrontation where Drew told AJ that he might only be new around here but he can expect to see his Enslaved debut soon when he competes in a Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway Qualifier.

Also announced for Enslaved this week were the opening two qualifying matches for the Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway with Rhino making his first appearance since his defeat to Muhammad Hassan at The Awakening, to take on Monty Brown whilst AJ Styles will face off with Homicide!

EPW News and Notes

Despite Paul Heyman’s emotion ridden shoot promo two weeks ago, things backstage at EPW are said to be quite positive. The talent are said to be loving the flexibility around their schedules and enjoying the chance to get regular breaks from in ring competition.

Brock Lesnar is the latest to benefit from Paul Heyman’s rotation policy. Brock isn’t expected to be seen for a while following his loss to Rob Van Dam last week where he took a Frog Splash from the top of the cage. Lesnar is expected to return following the After Dark Pay Per View, potentially being inserted into the Paul Heyman – Samoa Joe saga.

Another star having some time away from the ring is Christian. After defeating Muhammad Hassan at Forsaken, Christian was then written off TV to give him a couple of months to rest up some old injuries. Upon returning, Christian is expected to return to his program with Hassan.

Conversation backstage is continuing around the Tag Team Champions, LAX and whether they will continue their run. They are expected to beat London and Kendrick at After Dark, and beyond that, it’s not known who else they have left to face, having run through the entire division over the past year.

Expect to see Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli arrive soon, whether they are the ones to take the Tag Titles remains to be seen but you can expect them to start onscreen soon and possible form a stable with a prominent star.

It’s believed Paul Heyman is after a couple of more mid card names to spice up the Cruiserweight and Pacific Championship scenes. Tajiri and Drew McIntyre have already arrived, names like Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Tyler Black, Chris Masters and even Rey Mysterio, who comes off contract with WWE shortly, have all been discussed.

There is talk that Heyman wants to elevate Austin Aries further up the roster as he has done with Bryan Danielson. There is a rumour he could drop the Cruiserweight Championship soon and enter a program with CM Punk. Creative are said to be looking to build up several credible threats in the Cruiserweight division, including Jamie Noble, Petey Williams and Tajiri.

Officials are quietly concerned with the direction the Bryan Danielson/Mick Foley feud is going to take in the short term. Foley is said to be busted up pretty bad with his body in a bad way following The Awakening. They are planning to continue on the current path of Danielson carrying the feud on his own but they’re hoping Foley will be back in a week or two.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

The Dudleyz going thirteen minutes into 2008, yuck lol. Luckily it was against LAX who are great. Poor Tajiri having his one on one debut in a losing effort on the B show, after having his debut on Enslaved being in a generic six man tag. Shows that he's simply just a space filler on the roster, but I guess you need those sort of characters. McIntyre/Styles could be pretty damn great so I'm watching that space, and I fully expect Styles to go over Homicide, whilst Rhino gets fed to big, bad Monty Brown.

You kind of always need to take these news and notes with a grain of salt, but peak Joe getting a shot at Lesnar would be fucking amazing. All the other news is pretty standard sort of stuff I guess, strengthening your roster is interesting considering how strong it already is, but I'm not complaining with KOW apparently showing up.

Looking forward to the next show, sir.

The Only One.

Status

Evolution Pro Wrestling
    Enslaved
    Hammerstein Ballroom
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008

“Have you seen that son of a bitch?”

Enslaved opens with its usual video package, after pan of the crowd, with the Ballroom Faithful fired up for the show, we then set back on the stage.

~ I AM ~

A pretty solid ovation welcomes AJ Styles as he makes his way out in regular fashion, hood and all, Styles performs his usual antics to play up to the crowd on the stage before making his way down the aisle.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Good Evening and Welcome at another episode of Evolution Pro Wrestling’s Enslaved, at ringside, joined by Kevin Nash, I’m Joey Styles and we’re kickin’ it off in style tonight with a Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway qualifier, The Phenomenal One, AJ Styles, taking on one half of the EPW Tag Team Champions, Homicide!”

~ DAWGZ ~

BIG heat fills the Ballroom as the entire Latin American eXchange make their way out on the stage, Konnan and Hernandez by his side, Homicide struts confidently down the aisle, ignoring the jeers of the fans, eyes locked on AJ Styles.

“Well, later tonight, Monty Brown takes on the returning Rhino in the second of these qualifying matches and next week Drew McIntyre makes his in-ring Enslaved debut when he takes on Shelton Benjamin, but I must admit, it’s this one of the three matches that I’m most excited about!” Styles says, before Nash interjects. “Homicide for the win here tonight, Styles, need I remind you, The Notorious One still hasn’t been pinned in EPW!” That’s right, Homicide is a pretty serious player around these parts.

Match 1 || Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway Qualifier
    AJ Styles v Homicide

AJ and Homicide turn it on to open the show, delivering an exiting match with numerous near falls. It’s Homicide in control though, pulling Styles up from the canvas following a DDT, Homicide bounces off the ropes swiftly and drills AJ with a WEST BROOKLYN LARIAT!

Looking to capitalise, Homicide pulls Styles up again by the hair and immediately sets AJ up for the GRINGO KILLA! He underhooks the arms and flips him over but Styles manages to make a nuisance of himself, kicking his legs repeatedly, shifting his weight, making Homicide lose his balance. AJ somehow manages to land on his feet and moves fast with a kick to the gut of Homicide – STYLES CLASH! OUT OF NOWHERE!

AJ plants Homicide, but he’s exhausted and cannot capitalise! A chant of “AJ! AJ” begins in the Ballroom but just as he moves towards Homicide to make the cover… HERNANDEZ DRAGS HOMICIDE OUT OF THE RING!! The dump huge heat on Hernandez as he props Homicide up on his feet and Konnan can be heard saying “Fuck this, we’re out!” and the trio start making their way up the aisle whilst AJ can be seen in the ring sitting up, looking confused as the referee begins the 10 count!

Halfway up the aisle, LAX are then met with a shock when Paul London and Brian Kendrick come sprinting down the aisle! The Ballroom erupts while Hernandez just passes Homicide to Konnan… BEFORE HE CHARGES TOWARDS LONDON AND KENDRICK AND CATCHES THEM OFF GUARD WITH A DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE!!!

The duo crash into the ramp as the referee reaches the 10 count in the ring and throws the match out!

Match Result || AJ Styles def. Homicide via Count out @ 7:01

The fans are split, not knowing whether to jeer or cheer, but it turns out the jeering wins out with the Ballroom dumping shit on LAX as Hernandez stands over London and Kendrick whilst the other two continue to make their way up the aisle, and also booing the shitty finish.

“The fans obviously aren’t pleased with Hernandez nearly knocking the heads off Paul London and Brian Kendrick, and I don’t think they’re very impressed with how the match finished either” Joey Styles adds on commentary before Nash chimes in. “Who cares what they think, you just said it all, Hernandez nearly took BOTH their heads off, the guy is a man mountain! What strength! What power!” as Styles stands alone in the ring when his music finally hits as we fade to a commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, we head backstage to find Paul Heyman in his office, flanked by Matt Morgan before they are joined by Muhammad Hassan and Daivari.

Hassan goes to speak but Heyman cuts him off straight away – “YES! You did a spectacular job last week” Heyman begins. “I was very impressed, but... you will NOT be getting another shot at the Pacific Championship, I’m afraid” Heyman pauses as Hassan yells “WHAT!” and is clearly pissed until Morgan steps in front of him. Heyman goes on “… INSTEAD, you will be facing the EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam in the Main Event tonight” Heyman pauses as Hassan is clearly interested. “And if you win… I will add you to the EPW Championship Match at After Dark!”
    Heyman is very happy with this before asking “What about…” Heyman cuts him off again, “I know, I know. What about Joe? You don’t need to worry about that because I will even send my Personal Insurance Policy here out to ringside with you to make sure he doesn’t lay a hand on you.” Hassan grins from ear to ear as Heyman closes. “Now, good luck, and make sure you remember, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.”

Elsewhere, we find Kurt Angle walking through the corridors, yelling things like “WHERE IS HE?!” and “HAVE YOU SEEN HIM?!” to all the randoms in the back. He eventually runs into CM Punk and asks “HAVE YOU SEEN EDGE?!” to which Punk shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head. Frustrated, Angle storms off camera as we stay with Punk who then ends up face to face with DREW MCINTYRE. Drew stares Punk in the eye, “Don’t pretend like you don’t know who I am… make sure you’re payin’ attention next week when I beat Shelton Benjamin, because after that, I’m comin’ for you and that belt.” Before Punk can get a word in, Drew turns on his heel and is gone.

|| COMMERCIAL

~ FINAL COUNTDOWN ~

Back on Enslaved, we are met with the arrival of The American Dragon, Bryan Danielson. The Ballroom shows their disdain for Danielson as he makes his way down to the ring, dressed to compete. Once at ringside, it becomes apparent that his opponent, Alex Shelley is already waiting for him inside the squared circle. Danielson climbs into the ring – and asks for a microphone?!

Danielson gestures to Shelley to just wait a minute with his hand as he begins to speak. “Once again, here we are, and there’s no Mick Foley. Hardcore Legend? More like Hardcore fraud. Mick Foley is nothing more than a hypocrite! Every extra day he has away, he just proves to everyone more and more that he is a hypocritical piece of crap! I’ve heard the rumours about his sick kid and that’s why he’s not here?! That’s one of the lamest, weakest excuses I’ve ever heard. His kid is probably better off without him around anyway!” The fans unleash on Danielson as he closes by telling Foley to get his ass to Enslaved next week!

As soon as he stops talking he’s rushed by Alex Shelley and the bell rings!

Match 2 || Singles Match
    Bryan Danielson v Alex Shelley

A fun, entertaining match by two talented individuals, Shelley gets a reasonable amount of offence but it’s Danielson who eventually takes control. A German Suplex followed by a Snap Suplex delivers significant damage, wasting no time, Danielson attempts to slap on the Cattle Mutilation only for Shelley to fight him off and scramble to the ropes before it could be applied.

Frustrated, Dragon pulls Shelley up and nails him with a Running Dropkick! Shelley hits the canvas and bounces back up almost immediately but walks straight into a RUNNING HIGH KNEE! Shelley crashes into the canvas and Bryan rolls on top of him. ONE! TWO! THREE!

Match Result || Bryan Danielson def. Alex Shelley @ 5:01

~ FINAL COUNTDOWN ~

Danielson is straight back to his feet, doesn’t worry about getting his arm raised, exiting the ring as quickly as the match ended. The fans dump heat on Danielson, but he couldn’t give a shit, heading up the aisle without giving Shelley a second thought.

The heat grows louder as the music cuts off and it becomes clear that JAMIE NOBLE is now in the ring and after a club over the head of Alex Shelley, The Redneck Messiah slaps on the Guillotine Choke! The Ballroom unloads on Noble as he wrenches the hold when Austin Aries and Roderick Strong come sprinting down the aisle! No music, but the fans don’t care, roaring for the other two members of Gen Next! Noble isn’t having any of it, waiting just long enough to slide out of the ring as Aries and Strong slide in and bolting up to the aisle. Once he gets half way up, he turns to face the duo with a big grin on his face and he tells Aries – “I’m takin’ that belt!” in his redneck little voice.

We go to commercial with the fans pouring solid heat on Noble as he makes his exit while Aries and Strong tend to the busted Alex Shelley.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, we’re with Kurt Angle again on his hunt for Edge. Walking past some lower card talent like Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera and Matt Sydal, none of them can help The Olympic Champion. He then runs into the EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam, which naturally draws a big pop from the crowd. “Have you seen that son of a bitch?” asks Angle. “Not t'night, dude. Sorry. I got my own problems t’night anyway.” Angle roars in frustration after Van Dam's response, as we head back to the Ballroom.

~ STAMPEDE ~

As an ECW Original, Rhino is always getting a big reception at the Ballroom. It’s cheap heat mostly, as he has been away for a few weeks. He gets to the top of the ramp and performs his usual shit before heading down the aisle, slapping hands with a few fans.

~ ALPHA MALE ~

Like last week, the fans aren’t overly bothered about The Alpha Male, because despite being a heel, he doesn’t do a great deal to piss them off, but that could all change tonight with a win over one of their old favourites. He delivers his usual antics on the way down the aisle before sliding in and coming face to face with the War Machine.

Match 3 || Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway Qualifier
    Rhino v Monty Brown

Not much happening in this one, naturally the fans are right behind Rhino, but they’re not impressed with Monty hammering away with a series of right hands to The Man Beast who is stuck in the corner. When the referees count starts to get slow, Brown flings Rhino across the ring and he hits the opposite turnbuckle with a thud!

The Alpha Male charges across the ring, looking for a Squash Clothesline but Rhino avoids it, causing Monty to crash into the corner and bounce straight back out, turning right into a BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! The faithful erupt for Rhino as begins to stalk Monty Brown, who slowly gets to his feet close to the corner and then staggers right into a… GORE!

GORE! GORE! GORE! Shouts Styles as the ballroom erupts and Rhino hooks the leg!

ONE!

……

TWO!

NO!!!

WHAT?!

FOOT ON THE ROPE!!

Rhino can’t believe it and neither can the fans! Acting quickly, he pulls Monty towards the middle of the ring and hooks the leg again!

ONE!

……

TWO!

……

NO!

MONTY KICKS OUT THIS TIME!

Running his hands through his hair, Rhino slowly gets to his feet and after a deep breath, he pulls Monty up to his vertical base. Clearly frustrated, he looks to scoop Monty up, presumably for a Powerslam, but Brown fights him off with a couple of hard rights to which Rhino responds with a European Uppercut before whipping him into the ropes! The Alpha Male bounces off the ropes and Rhino looks to position himself to deliver the Spinning Spinebuster, but he’s met with a knee to the face from Monty!

Rhino stumbles backwards and into the ropes, head in his hands as Monty Brown bounces off the nearest ropes himself!! – AND ABSOLUTELY DETROYS RHINO WITH THE POUNCE!!

The fans dump heat on Monty, whilst Rhino sells it like a champion before The Alpha Male hooks the leg!

ONE!

……

TWO!

……

THREE!!

Match Result || Monty Brown def. Rhino via Pinfall @ 7:24

~ THE ALPHA MALE ~

The fans pour a solid amount of heat on Monty, probably because he beat one of their favourites, but it’s a short-lived on-screen celebration for Brown, as we head backstage.

We find Kurt Angle marching through the hallways out back, shouting “WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!” to a few lower card blokes. He then walks past the trio of Matt Morgan, Daivari and Muhammad Hassan, who he completely ignores, but the camera leaves Kurt and follows the other three instead when Morgan can be heard telling Hassan "Relax, Samoa Joe won’t have the guts to show up tonight, and even if he does, I've got it under control." Hassan says that he won’t let Samoa Joe ruin his destiny tonight as we head to commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, we head backstage once again to find Chris Jericho walking down a corridor when he runs into Paul Heyman. Heyman doesn’t let Jericho get a word in – “I know you’re going to be out on Commentary for the Main Event tonight… I just wanted to let you know that it would be worth your while to make sure Samoa Joe doesn’t get involved in the match." Heyman then pats Jericho on the back and turns on his heel as we head back to ringside.

~ ARABIC PRAYER ~

ENORMOUS heat greets Muhammad Hassan as he steps out of the stage with Daivari and his borrowed enforcer for the evening, Matt Morgan. The Hammerstein Ballroom unleash absolute hell on Hassan and his friends, and as usual Hassan plays it up like a champion, performing his usual antics, pissing them off even more as he heads down the aisle. On the way down, Morgan can be seen telling a couple of fans to fuck off before Hassan slips into the ring. Hassan heads to the top of the turnbuckle and performs his usual taunt as we head to another commercial.

|| COMMERCIAL

Back on Enslaved, the fans are still unloading upon Hassan, whilst we get a quick glimpse of Chris Jericho now on commentary, sitting next to Kevin Nash.

~ WALK ~

Well, as expected, the biggest ovation of the night is reserved for the EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam. The Ballroom goes crazy for their Champion, as RVD steps out with his belt safely secured around his waist. Van Dam performs his trademark thumb taunt on the stage before heading down the aisle in his usual upbeat fashion, slapping hands with some fans along the way. Once at ringside, RVD ends up face to face with Matt Morgan, who is then met with another thumb taunt before he then enters the ring amidst a big chant of “RVD! RVD!”

“A huge reaction for our Champion tonight, the entire Hammerstein Ballroom is on Team RVD tonight!” Says Styles. Nash interjects and says “Sorry Jericho, but I’m even on Team RVD tonight.” Jericho goes to respond but he’s cut off by Styles before he can get a word in and the bell rings.

Match 4 || Non-Title Match (If Hassan wins, he is in the Main Event at After Dark)
    EPW Champion, Rob Van Dam v Muhammad Hassan w/ Daivari & Matt Morgan
    The fans stay suitably engaged in this one throughout with Hassan even getting his fair share of offence in.

6 minutes into the match, with Matt Morgan still patrolling at ringside at the bottom of the aisle and Daivari running around with a chair in hand as well, it’s Hassan in control, after two big right hands, he whips RVD across the ring, and he bounces off and runs into a clothesline! The fans pour heat on Hassan and he plays them perfectly again, throwing up his trademark taunt with a big grin on his face as he stands over the EPW World Champion!

Muhammad Hassan breaks out into laughter as he grabs Van Dam by the hair and wrenches it, pulling him up to his feet… as suddenly The Hammerstein Ballroom absolutely erupts!! The roof blows off the Ballroom as (somewhat predictably) – SAMOA JOE CHARGES DOWN THE AISLE!!!

Morgan and Daivari (complete with chair) wait at the bottom of the aisle, whilst Hassan can be seen releasing Van Dam, letting him fall to the mat and running to the edge of the ring shouting “NO! NO!”.

At full pace, Joe is met by an oncoming Daivari who was pushed into action by Morgan! Daivari charges at Joe with the chair is absolutely destroyed when Joe kicks the chair into his face! The roar grows louder as Daivari crashes into the floor and then suddenly Matt Morgan flies into Joe and the duo begin to start trading blows in an almighty throw down! Neither man looks like relenting until Paul Heyman then ends up on stage, ushering a number of referees and officials down the aisle, yelling at them “GET HIM OUT OF HERE!”.

About 10 referees throw themselves on to Joe, who tries valiantly to fight them off before he is met with a BIG BOOT BY MATT MORGAN!! Heyman can be seen laughing in the background as Joe falls to the floor and the referees jump on top of him and a few of them put themselves between Morgan and the grounded Joe!

The camera then moves back to the ring – WITH CHRIS JERICHO UP ON THE APRON! Now back on his feet, Van Dam catches a glimpse of this as Jericho is climbing through the ropes and he charges across the ring and knocks Y2J down to the floor to a big pop!

Looking to capitalise, Hassan hurls himself at RVD and looks to take his head off with a clothesline – but he ducks under it and follows up with a WINDMILL KICK! The fans lift again as Van Dam is straight up to his feet, flying across the ring and bouncing off the ropes and nailing the ROLLING THUNDER!!! In full swing now, Van Dam is straight back up and this time heads immediately up the aisle and after a quick thumb taunt – HE FLIES OFF AND NAILS MUHAMMAD HASSAN WITH THE FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

ONE!

……

TWO!

……

THREE!

IT’S OVER!

Match Result || Rob Van Dam def. Muhammad Hassan @ 7:49

~ WALK ~

The fans erupt as RVD is straight to his feet, whilst Chris Jericho can be seen on the floor looking a little frustrated. Van Dam heads up the nearest turnbuckle to celebrate with a thumb taunt, whilst in the background, Joe can be seen being assisted up the aisle by a few officials.

“Justice prevails here tonight, Van Dam wins and it stays RVD v Chris Jericho at After Dark” says Styles. “Thank god for that,” says Nash “But you can put Joe’s cameo down as the assist. Although, it pains me to say, Hassan was lookin’ on top of the Champion before all that went down.” He continued. “Well folks, thanks for joining us tonight, the Hammerstein Ballroom goes home happy this evening with another win for our EPW Champion, I’m Joey Styles, for Kevin Nash, Good night!”

The show fades to black with Van Dam up another turnbuckle, title aloft, amidst a chant of “RVD! RVD!”

End Show.

Evolution Pro Wrestling
    After Dark
    Hammerstein Ballroom
    Sunday, March 9 2008
    (Banner Credit - Battle Tank)

EPW World Championship
    Rob Van Dam (c) v Chris Jericho

EPW Pacific Championship
    CM Punk (c) v Monty Brown v AJ Styles v Drew McIntyre OR ​Shelton Benjamin

EPW Cruiserweight Championship
    Austin Aries (c) v Jamie Noble

Last edited by PARANoIR; 08-03-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Enslaved Review

First time reviewing so bear with me as I try to get into the storylines.

Enslaved As much as I can see a match with AJ Styles and Homicide being a good spectacle, I’m a little confused by the finish. Homicide is trying to run from a chance at the title, and Londrick are stopping him from doing so. I could understand if Homicide was trying to escape defending a title, and Londrick got wasted anyway. Tag team match coming up I guess but LAX just wasted them so feels a bit like Londrick don’t have a chance. Styles progressing is great though as you just know he will be a big player in multi man match.

I was a big fan of Hassan back in the WWE, and it was unfortunate for him that his run got ended the way it did. Nothing he could do nor the WWE to be honest. A match against Rob Van Dam should be great but I’m just waiting for Joe to show his face, regardless of Morgan guarding the contest.

A heel Danielson trying to coax Mick Foley into a match. I’m intrigued and think it could be the match that gives Danielson that star name win to boost him to the top. He’s good enough inside the ring, but sometimes you need that kind of win that gets the casuals talking about you. The win over Shelley was simplistic and Jamie Noble getting in his post-match attack before Gen Next saved their buddy was cool too.

Kurt Angle looking for Edge! Feels like Smackdown 2002 all over again.

The Pounce versus The Gore! Oh yes! Monty was always winning this one though as it feels like Rhino’s time has gone and The Alpha Male is just about ripe to rise. So that’s Styles with the high flying and Brown with the power. Match is shaping up nicely with CM Punk also in the mix.

Main event did everything it needed to. Hassan looked great until Samoa Joe made his presence felt. Morgan did his job but Van Dam overcame Hassan and Jericho to get the win and prove exactly why he is the EPW World Champion. Great stuff to finish a good show.

My first time checking in but I will be back. Keep up the good work!

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Homicide and Styles is certainly a real solid choice for an opener, but given the fact you said Homicide was a big deal in the pre match, it's kinda strange to have him walk out on a match like this given there was a title opportunity on the line. Also, I think you've wrote Hernandez dragging AJ from the ring when I think you mean he dragged Homicide from the ring? Or I'm just not reading that part of the match right at all? And then the bit with London and Kendrick, don't think it did them any favours to get smashed by Hernandez like that. Certainly made Hernandez look good, but given last week you were playing up London and Kendrick as the next challengers to Homicide and Hernandez, this doesn't do a whole lot to help establish them as challengers. Yeah, this opening match didn't really work for me.

The stuff with Hassan and Heyman worked better, while I can't see Hassan beating Van Dam tonight due to his issues with Joe, it'll be a chance to showcase him in the main event. But this was a decent back and forth, got over how manipulative Heyman can be.

So Angle is looking for Edge, but he bumps into Punk who doesn't say anything, twho then bumps into McIntyre but still doesn't say anything? Fine with McIntyre having a few words for Punk given he's already had his say at AJ on a prior show, but I hope we get something else from Punk tonight then a shrug of the shoulders and a shake of the head.

The line about Foley's kid could be the one from Danielson that finally brings Foley back to confront him. As for the match, another cruiserweight showcase, seems that's something we get in the middle of the show every week. Danielson seems to be positioned above the cruiserweight division though, so no surprises to see him get a win over Shelley here. And then Noble gets his shots in only for Aries and Strong to make the save. Thought this was all pretty logical, keeps the Noble chase going with him targeting one of Aries' stablemates. Could see a Noble/Strong match being announced before the Noble/Aries meeting.

And Kurt is still looking for Edge, will he ever find him?

Can't believe you've started a Rhino/Monty Brown match with "Not much happening", this should have been stiff as hell early doors! But anyway, Brown getting a win over Rhino in the Ballroom would be a big deal, would maybe have had more of the reaction of the crowd in the post-match description but that's a minor detail. Good rebound win for Brown after his loss to Joe last week, this four way is shaping up nicely.

And Kurt still can't find Edge! Rule of threes suggests he's not going to now. And after what Morgan had to say, almost a certainty Joe will show up in the main event.

Why are those commercials so close together!? Like, commercial - Heyman speaks to Jericho - Hassan entrance - commercial. That doesn't seem right to me.

Main event was fun, plenty of action and chaos with the inevitable Joe appearance. Surprised that Morgan got the better of Joe with that big boot, thought for sure Joe would be more involved given how much it was built up, but he was dealt with pretty quickly. RVD winning made sense, but since Heyman warned Jericho to not let Joe get involved earlier, I thought Jericho would have been more involved in what was going on in the aisle than wanting to get in the ring to involve himself in the match? So yeah, outcome was fine, but the way we got there was a tad confusing.

Overall, a few things I didn't quite grasp in this show. Thought the opening and last matches were a bit confusing in terms of how they were booked. Middle two matches Homicide and Styles is certainly a real solid choice for an opener, but given the fact you said Homicide was a big deal in the pre match, it's kinda strange to have him walk out on a match like this given there was a title opportunity on the line. Also, I think you've wrote Hernandez dragging AJ from the ring when I think you mean he dragged Homicide from the ring? Or I'm just not reading that part of the match right at all? And then the bit with London and Kendrick, don't think it did them any favours to get smashed by Hernandez like that. Certainly made Hernandez look good, but given last week you were playing up London and Kendrick as the next challengers to Homicide and Hernandez, this doesn't do a whole lot to help establish them as challengers. Yeah, this opening match didn't really work for me.

The stuff with Hassan and Heyman worked better, while I can't see Hassan beating Van Dam tonight due to his issues with Joe, it'll be a chance to showcase him in the main event. But this was a decent back and forth, got over how manipulative Heyman can be.

So Angle is looking for Edge, but he bumps into Punk who doesn't say anything, twho then bumps into McIntyre but still doesn't say anything? Fine with McIntyre having a few words for Punk given he's already had his say at AJ on a prior show, but I hope we get something else from Punk tonight then a shrug of the shoulders and a shake of the head.

The line about Foley's kid could be the one from Danielson that finally brings Foley back to confront him. As for the match, another cruiserweight showcase, seems that's something we get in the middle of the show every week. Danielson seems to be positioned above the cruiserweight division though, so no surprises to see him get a win over Shelley here. And then Noble gets his shots in only for Aries and Strong to make the save. Thought this was all pretty logical, keeps the Noble chase going with him targeting one of Aries' stablemates. Could see a Noble/Strong match being announced before the Noble/Aries meeting.

And Kurt is still looking for Edge, will he ever find him?

Can't believe you've started a Rhino/Monty Brown match with "Not much happening", this should have been stiff as hell early doors! But anyway, Brown getting a win over Rhino in the Ballroom would be a big deal, would maybe have had more of the reaction of the crowd in the post-match description but that's a minor detail. Good rebound win for Brown after his loss to Joe last week, this four way is shaping up nicely.

And Kurt still can't find Edge! Rule of threes suggests he's not going to now. And after what Morgan had to say, almost a certainty Joe will show up in the main event.

Why are those commercials so close together!? Like, commercial - Heyman speaks to Jericho - Hassan entrance - commercial. That doesn't seem right to me.

Main event was fun, plenty of action and chaos with the inevitable Joe appearance. Surprised that Morgan got the better of Joe with that big boot, thought for sure Joe would be more involved given how much it was built up, but he was dealt with pretty quickly. RVD winning made sense, but since Heyman warned Jericho to not let Joe get involved earlier, I thought Jericho would have been more involved in what was going on in the aisle than wanting to get in the ring to involve himself in the match? So yeah, outcome was fine, but the way we got there was a tad confusing.

Overall, a few things I didn't quite grasp in this show. Thought the opening and last matches were a bit confusing in terms of how they were booked. Middle two matches were fine and progressed things well. And Kurt never did find Edge!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Sorry for the lateness, been under the pump with work the last week or so. These two can go, we all know that so the opener was always going to be a world of fun. I was really interested by how you booked this one, as AJ logically goes over the tag team guy, but there’s the added factor of Homicide never being pinned. Styles nailing the Clash only for Hernandez to just carry him away was, well, interesting to say the least. Technically keeps ‘Cide’s streak in place, but gives AJ the win. Would love to hear why Hernandez decided to do this? It’s a bit of a weird one to explain, imo. I don’t necessarily hate it or love it but not sure how Hernandez would justify it, or why you’re so determined to protect one of your tag guys in singles competition? One thing I probably didn’t like was London and Kendrick looking like absolute bitches here, because that’s exactly what happened. Not even sure why they were out there if they weren’t forcing Homicide back into the match.

Hassan getting a chance at a potential title opportunity makes sense. Help Heyman you get rewarded, a completely fine segment, standing heel authority stuff really.

Angle’s such an intense beast all the time, love it. Looking for Edge is fine, I expect more on this later. CM Punk and Drew McIntyre moment is a nice teaser. This would be epic.

Poor Alex Shelley, getting that jobber entrance and all. Danielson’s dig at Foley’s kid is a big one, wonder if that’ll be enough to get him to fight back. Either way, that’s nice enough advancement there for now, and Danielson was always winning this. The right call, good fun.

LMAO at Noble’s little redneck voice. That shit made me laugh. Noble getting in the attack and then running off was fine.

Nobody can help Angle find Edge. Again, looking forward to a potential explosion between them two at some point. A solid way to remind us that RVD has a match tonight in an indirect way as well.

I LOVE Rhino, I think my earlier writing in my BTB would prove that, but I do think Monty was the man to push in this time period. What I’m trying to say is your false finish almost caught me and I was thinking WTF? The right call and another nice win for Monty, THE POUNCE~!

Angle still looking for Edge. Well, he’s persistent. Forgot to mention earlier, so glad this is a reminder. Morgan being sent out with Hassan to prevent Joe from doing damage is a smart move. I like it.

You had a commercial break, then Heyman incentivising Jericho in a roundabout way, which was fine, Hassan’s entrance and then another commercial break. Damn, son. Assuming that’s a copy and paste error or something because that’s some commercials in quick succession.

Main event was a fun one full of interference and distractions around the ring, but that’s exactly how it should be. Joe’s appearance as well as Morgan getting one up on him due to the ref’s was nice. Jericho fails with his interference and the champ looks strong, which he should against somebody like Hassan. A well rounded finish.

A little strange/disappointing to not have any real follow up with the Angle/Edge stuff tonight though if I’m honest.

A solid show here, Para. A couple of decisions that irked me, which I haven’t really had with the previous shows, but there’s still plenty of fun shit happening here. Looking forward to the next one, cockhead. <3

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

I can't say I get the booking of the opener here, with lax being so content to let their boy lose out on a chance to win gold. Hernandez got to look great with the double clothesline, but he's really the only one who gets over here, it feels like, out of 6.

The backstage skits would've definitely been helped by a bit of color, but I do like the manipulation on Hassan by Heyman. I think that's been a fun little arc because you know Heyman don't give a fuck about him.

Danielson just kicking ass and winning matches is something I continue to be about, and while I'm all about him continuing to call Foley out, and as a hypocrite, the ending there was a bit much :P

Poor Shelley having a day! I like Noble's run in attack to play the mind games with Aries. This was a smart way to get him on the show, very good there.

FUCK YEAH, PPPOOOUUUUNNNCCCEEE! Period! I love me some Monty Brown, even more than Rhino, and I loved the way you handled the foot on the rope and then kick out spot from the Gore. Excellently done there, Para, and all on the Alpha Male train.

I liked the over lapping stuff here with Angle, RVD, Heyman, Morgan & Hassan, etc. It's all made everything just flow together very smoothly. Kudos there.

I really liked the chaos you created in the main event.. Probably my favorite part of the show with how well you did it. Really liked how well Joe looked in all this. RVD getting the win is the obvious right call.

I was definitely surprised there was no real follow up with Edge and Angle, I would've expected that to be on this show, but I actually like that Edge clearly avoided him this week. That's a fun little plot point.

You're finding your groove mate. #YNWA <3

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

The Only One.

Status

Thank you to everyone for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Online Oblivion Results
    Saturday February 23 2008

Drew McIntyre def. Charlie Haas @ 7:34
    Drew and Charlie put on an entertaining encounter, showcasing the ability of both competitors but it was McIntyre that came out on top when he put Haas away with a Claymore Kick and then a Scot Drop.

Jamie Noble def. Roderick Strong @ 9:01
    Jamie Noble and Roddy Strong put on quite the spectacle of pure wrestling in a fast and skilful match, Noble continued to send messages to Generation Next, in particular Austin Aries and he had the last laugh when he picked up the victory following a Double Knee Gutbuster.

Kurt Angle was interviewed by Christy Hemme and asked his thoughts on Edge not showing up to Enslaved this week. In typically intense fashion, Angle called Edge a coward after his actions in the tag team match on Enslaved the week before and then warns him it is only a matter of time until he breaks his ankle.

Christy Hemme also caught up with LAX to ask Hernandez to explain why he dragged Homicide out of his match with AJ Styles on Enslaved and ultimately cost him an opportunity at competing for the Pacific Championship at After Dark. Konnan stopped Hernandez from saying a word by telling Christy it was his call for Hernandez to drag Homicide out of the match, he said that everyone knows the damage that the Styles Clash can do and he wasn’t prepared to just stand there and risk having to watch Homicide get pinned by a gringo like AJ Styles and have his record of having never been pinned in EPW be wrecked. He said Homicide and Hernandez’ time to shine in singles competition will come when they’re ready but for now they know that Brian Kendrick and Paul London think they’re comin’ for their EPW Tag Team Championships but he offers them his condolences because they’re no chance to take the belts off them and Hernandez proved that when he took them both out by himself when they tried to stick their noses into their business on Wednesday night.

Two matches were also announced for Enslaved this week with Drew McIntyre facing Shelton Benjamin in a qualifying match for the Pacific Championship Fatal Fourway, whilst Number One Contender, Chris Jericho, was also confirmed to be in action when he faces off with The War Machine, Rhino!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information